lookpalmtpp是什么意思思

请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项中选出最佳选项。
  We had hardly got above the clouds over the airport when a calm voice said over the loudspeaker:“For technical reasons we shall be returning immediately to London Airport. Please keep your seatbelts fastened.”
  I was rather surprised and glanced at the old lady next to me. She had been very chatty while we were waiting to take off.
  “I'm going to New York to visit some relatives there. I always sleep wonderfully welt whenever I get into a plane.”she had told me.
  And indeed, she seemed to he in a very deep sleep already.
  Just then a passenger behind me shouted,“Oh, my God! The wing's on fire.”
  I looked out of the window and my blood froze. Smoke and flames were pouring out of one of the engines. The plane was already turning and losing altitude fast.
  “What's happening? Are we going to crash?”an American in front of me demanded.
  The cabin crew were already moving up and down the aisle (走道), reassuring (安慰) people, saying things like,“It's just all right. There's no need to worry. Now, if you just sit still, everything will be all right. Don't get up. Don't get upset.”
  I looked out again. The ground was rushing up at us with shocking speed. We were already so low that I could make out cars and even people.
“It's only a slight emergency,”a stewardess told me with a tense smile.
Suddenly there was a sickening bump and we were rushing along the runway at a terrifying speed. The brakes screeched (发出尖锐刺耳的声音). The engines roared even more loudly. We came to a trembling stop. The cabin crew quickly opened the emergency exits and the passengers began sliding down huge, stocking-like chutes (滑道) to the ground. A fire engine was already putting out the fire in one engine. I had to shake the old lady violently to wake her up.
  “What's wrong? Surely the journey isn't over already! I mean, have we got to New York?”she asked sleepily.
1.When did the emergency occur?
A.We are not told.
B.Just before the plane landed in New York.
C.Shortly after the plane took off.
D.Sometime in the middle of the flight.
2.What does the underlined word“altitude”(in Paragraph 6) refer to?
A.Height above sea-level.
B.Place or area high above sea-level.
C.Way of thinking or behaving.
D.Way of positioning the body.
3.What would be the best title for the text?
A.An unpleasant flight.
B.An interesting experience.
C.An unforgettable experience.
D.Brave cabin crew.
4.When they landed, the old lady _____.
A.was one of the first to get out
B.asked when they were going on lo New York
C.was shaking violently with fear
D.was not even sure where they were
来源:湖南省慈利县学年度高二第六次月考英语试题
题型:阅读理解
第三部分阅读理解(共15小题,每小题2分,满分30分)AOur first winter in Canada was the happiest we have ever experienced. We were living in the countryside then and had just arrived from Hong Kong that autumn. One evening in mid December snow began to fall. When we looked out of the window and saw that it was snowing, we all cheered. It was the first snow we had ever seen and we were excited. We could hardly wait& for the snow to stop so that we could go out lo play. Next morning when we woke up,it was still snowing. We switched on the radio and learned that more than ten inches of snow had fallen during the night and that since the roads were blocked, there would he no school that day. We jumped up and down for joy and beg mother to let us go outside to play in the snow, She said we could go out after breakfast if we dressed warmly and promised to come back as soon as we felt cold. When we went out, the snow had almost stopped. The roads, paths, gardens, and playgrounds were all hidden under a white blanket of soft snow. It was the most beautiful sight we had ever seen. Just then we saw some neighbours, children coming out to play. We ran over to join them. Together we built a snowman and a snow house. After that, we took turns sliding down a hill on a large piece of carboard. We were having so much fun when supper time came. Mother almost had to force us to go in and eat.56. The children in the story had come from Hong Kong______ before the event described in the story happenedA. a year&&&&&& B. the summer&&&& C. a few weeks&& D. the winter57. The children were jumping with joy when they saw the snow because&&&&&&& .A. they would go to school the following dayB. it was the first time they had seen snowC. their mother would buy them warm clothesD. they liked cold winter58. When the children asked their mother lo let them go out to play, she ____.A. asked them to go to school&&&&&&&&& B. refused to let them go outsideC. told them to switch on the radio .&&&& D. told them to wait until after breakfast
来源:辽宁省期中题
阅读理解&&&& Coming from the Bronx, Jennifer Lopez knew from an early age it would be tough to achieve her dream. In an interview in 2002 she remembered, "I had such a will in me. I had such a passion in me. I could overcome my situation. But a lot of people will get beaten down and be held back by that." Lopez was not beaten by her situation. She worked hard dancing, singing, and acting in theaters and her hard work paid off with small roles in television and films.&&&& Lopez's big breakthrough came in 1996 when she played the main role in the movie Selena. For this movie, Lopez got paid $1 million and became the highest paid Latin actress of all time. Since then, she has had starring roles in several successful movies, including Out of Slight(1998) with George Clooney.&&&& Then, Lopez turned her attention toward music. In 1999, she released first album, On the 6. Two songs from the album, "If You Had My Love" and "Waiting for Tonight," both reached number one on the Billboard music charts. The album sold more than three million copies around the world.&&&& After starring in The Cell (2000), Lopez released her second album, J. Lo, in 2001. The album went straight to the top of the Billboard chart. At the same time that her album came out, Lopez's new movie, The Wedding Planner, opened in theaters. It became the number one movie at the box office. This meant that Lopez was the first entertainer to ever have a number one album and a number one movie at the same time! Like her first album, J. Lo went tripe-platinum.&&&& But her entertainment career was not the only thing Lopez focused on that year. 2001 was also the year Lopez started her own line of clothing, called J.Lo, and she married Cris Judd, a dancer who performed in her videos. The marriage did not last long, and Lopez and Judd divorced nine months later.&&&& In 2002, Lopez starred in the films Enough and Maid in Manhattan. Maid in Manhattan became Lopez's biggest movie yet, earning $19 million during its first weekend in theaters. Lopez also put her third album, This Is Me… Then, and the single "Jenny from the Block" hit number one for a week. To go with her line of clothing, Lopez introduced her own perfume.In an interview, Lopez was asked if she planned to do more acting, singing, designing, or something new. She answered, "Yes, yes, yes, and yes! All of those things. I love making music, I love doing movies and all the other things. I think that everyone should do everything that they have a passion for."1. What is the main idea of the passage?A. Lopez is better at singing than acting.&&&&&&B. Lopez has done many things in her career.&& C. Lopez grew up in a poor family.D. Lopez has had many problems in her personal life.2. Which of the following was most important in helping her career take off?A. acting in the movie Selena&&&&&& B. getting married to a dancer C. releasing a second album&&&&&&&&D. starring with George Clooney3. Which is NOT true about Lopez?A. She has had several number one songs.B. She was a famous singer before she started acting.C. She wants to do other things besides acting and singing.D. She wanted to be an entertainer when she was young.4. "…J. Lo went triple-platinum." What does this mean about the album?A. It was made by an actor or actress.B. It sold more than three million copies.C. It had songs from a movie on it.D. It sold most of its copies outside the United States.
来源:安徽省期末题
阅读理解。&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&What's On&&&& Oscar Film Themes Symphony Concert Film highlights accompanied by live performances of movie theme music by the China Opera and Dance Drama Theatre Symphony Orchestra, which has recorded the music for many films. Familiar tunes will come from such films as Titanic, Jurassic Park and Waterloo Bridge. &&&& Where: Nationality Cultural Palace Theatre When: March 8, 7: 30 pm Admission: 80--380 yuan Tel:
ext, 508 &&&& Fantastic View All the Way &&&& The mountains in this area are not very high, but the views are excellent. This walk is gentle and very interesting, going through valleys, over passes, along a ridge and through a few little peaceful villages that are located in amazing places. Many sites along the walk offer the most heautiful view of the surrounding mountains. &&&& Where: Pinggu, northeast of Beijing When.. March 9, meet 8: 20 am outside Starbueks at Lido Hotel, or 9 am at Capital Paradise front gate, return 5: 00 pm. Admission: adults 150 yuan. Children 100 yuan Tel:
Email: fjhikers @yahoo. com. cn &&&& Spring Greetings &&&& Paintings in bold colors in a traditional Chinese style by the young artist Tian Xifeng are displayed to welcome the spring. Tian is a student of famous bird-and-flower painting artist Wang Qing. He has won several prizes at various national painting exhibitions and developed a style emphasizing vivid close ups of natural scenes. &&&& Where: Melodic Gallery, 14 Jianwai Dajie, opposite Friendship Store When: till March 31,9 am - 5 pm Admission: free Tel: &&&& &Cala, My Dog &&&& Directed by Lu Xuechang, starring Ge You. The story is about a middle-aged working man. known as Lao Er, whose chief source of stability and comfort in life is his dog, Cala. One day, when his wife is out walking Cala, a policeman confiscates (没收)the unregistered dog. As Lao Er tries to recover his dog, the difficult circumstances of his life are revealed. Chinese with English subtitle (字幕). &&&& Where: Dongchuang Theatre, 4 Xinzhongjie, Dong Menwai When: March 13 and 20, 8: 30pm Admission 20 yuan Tel:
1. If you are a music lover, you can go to _____&on Women's Day.A. Capital Paradise B. Nationality Cultural Palace Theatre C. Capital Gymnasium D. Dongchuang Theatre2. The exhibition held in Melodic Gallery ______. A. is open to the public from 7: 30 am--5: 00 pm till April 1st B. presents the works by Tian Xifeng and his teacher C. is to display some bird-and-flower paintings D. costs the painting lovers much money to visit 3. All of the following statements are correct except that ______. A. you'll have lo dial
to book a ticket for the film B. both adults and children can lake part in the walk in Pinggu C. even if you don't know English, you can enjoy Cala, My Dog D. you'll have a choice of two meeting places on March 9th 4. All the advertisements in this passage are about ______. A. music B. movies C. exhibitions D. entertainments
来源:模拟题
阅读理解。&&&& BEIJING (AFP)-Archaeologists in China have uncovered more than 3 000 dinosaur footprints, state media reported, in an area said to be the world's largest grouping of fossilised bones belonging to the ancient animals.&&&&& The footprints, believed to be more than 100 million years old, were discovered after a three-month excavation (发掘, 出土) at a gully in Zhucheng in the eastern province of Shandong, the Xinhua news agency reported. &&&& The footprints range from lo to 80 centimetres (4 to 32 inches) in length, and belonged to at least six different kinds of dinosaurs, including tyrannosaurs, the report said Saturday. &&&& Wang Haijun, a senior engineer at the Chinese Academy of Sciences, said the footprints faced the same direct.ion, Xinhua said. &&&& This indicated a possible migration or a panic escape by plant-eating dinosaurs after an attack by predators(食肉动物), Wang added. &&&& Archaeologists have found dinosaur fossils at some 30 sites in Zhucheng, known as "dinosaur city". Theregion has seen two major digs since 1964, and experts say the discovery of so many dinosaurs in such a dense area could provide clues on how the animals became extinct millions of years ago. &&&& Plans are being made to set up a fossil park in the area. 1. We can infer from the text that _____.
[&&&& ]A. most of the footprints are more than 32 centimeters long B. the footprints found belong to some predators C. the dinosaurs were runmng in all directions because of an attack D. the area is considered to be a perfect tour source 2. Which statement below is true according to the passage above?
[&&&& ]A. The number of the footprints found is more than 3 000. B. The dinosaurs may live in an age 10 000 000 years ago. C. The discovery of fossils may open a new age. D. Archeologists still wish to find some more fossils. 3. The passage may be picked out from _____.
[&&&& ]A. a magazine B. a science bookC. a newspaper D. a students' textbookSquirming Palm
To Do And Notice
Stare at the center of the disk for about 15 seconds. Stare at the palm
of your hand. Notice that your palm seems to be turning in the opposite direction from the way you turned the wheel.
What's Going On?
When you stare at a moving pattern, your eyes and brain get used to seeing
movement. When you look at something that's
standing still, your eyes see movement in the opposite direction. The
common name for this illusion is the waterfall effect.
If you stare at a waterfall for some time and then look at the nearby
rocks, the rocks may look like they are moving upward.
What else can I do?
exhibit also demonstrates a similar phenomenon
What if the animation is playing too slow to
see the effect?
Results of this experiment may vary depending on your computer's processing
speed, the amount of RAM allocated to
your browser and the colordepth your monitor is set to.
You can increase animation performance by:
Switching your monitor's color depth to 256 colors
Closing other open applications
Allocating more RAM to your web browser
The Squirming Palm is also available as a downloadable application
for the Mac OS.}

我要回帖

更多关于 6666是什么意思 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信