bookchief外盘内盘是什么意思?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from )
For other uses, see .
The I-SPY books are spotters' guides written for
children, and particularly successful in the 1950s and 1960s in their original form and again when relaunched by Michelin in 2009 after a seven-year gap in publishing.
The I-SPY Tribe was based on the I-SPY Books, some forty small volumes that sold in hundreds of thousands. Each book covered a subject such as I-SPY Cars, I-SPY on the Pavement, I-SPY Churches, I-SPY on a Train Journey, etc. As children spotted objects such as coalhole covers, oak trees, semaphore signals, fire engines, whelks, and so on, they recorded the event in the relevant book, and gained points. Once the book was complete, it could be sent to Big Chief I-SPY for a feather and order of merit.
The company was supposedly run by a
called Big Chief I-Spy. The original Big Chief I-Spy was Charles Warrell, a former head master who created I-Spy towards the end of his working life. He retired in 1956, but lived on until 1995 when he died at the age of 106. After Warrell's retirement his assistant Arnold Cawthrow became the second Big Chief, and served in this role until 1978. For part of this time he also worked as an antiques dealer in . He died in 1993, and is commemorated by a stone plaque placed on the outside of the Boatmen's Rooms, the house where he spent some of his last years in . Members of the I-Spy Tribe were called , and the head office was variously known as the Wigwam by the Water or the Wigwam-by-the-Green. The former was located for some years next to the
at , while the latter was in 's .
The books were originally self-published by Charles Warrell but, after a brief period when they were published by the Daily Mail, they were taken over by the now defunct
newspaper and based in the paper's building in Bouverie Street. The regular I-SPY column, which appeared in the News Chronicle, reverted to the Daily Mail when the News Chronicle ceased publication, and continued to appear until the late 1980s. The books have had various publishers over the years including the Dickens Press, a company set up to continue the book publishing interests of the 'News Chronicle', and , a publisher of children's comics.
The books became very popular, with print runs well into six figures. Big Chief I-Spy had a succession of assistants, usually known as "Hawkeye". In the early 1970s, this position was held by Ralph Mills. Earlier assistants included Max Heinz and John Tagholm. In the 1980s, following a short-lived third Big Chief, Robin Tucek,
replaced Big Chief I-Spy as the person to whom completed books were sent, and the earlier Red Indian connections were quietly dropped.
Travel Publications acquired and published the series from 1991 until 2002 when they effectively ceased publication, there were ad-hoc sales after that date to clear stocks.
I-Spy books were relaunched by
Travel Publications on Mon 7 Dec 2009 with 12 new titles and a further 12 in Spring 2010.
announced the new launch in its October 9, 2009 issue with an interview with Michelin Commercial Director Ian Murray. Mr Murray confirmed that the initial 12 titles will include I Spy Birds, Cars, Trees, On a Car Journey and On a Train Journey. The new I-Spy titles are faithful to the original concept but are fully updated and include all new colour images.
The relaunch of the books and subsequent multiple expansions of the title list suggest that their popularity is being enjoyed by a new generation of children.
There are now 37 individual titles and three boxed sets, one of which is made up of 70 individual cards.
The initial 12 titles
I-Spy Creepy Crawlies
I-Spy Birds
I-Spy Working Vehicles
I-Spy Trees
I-Spy Wild Flowers
I-Spy On a Car Journey
I-Spy Nature
I-Spy Flags
I-Spy On a Train Journey
I-Spy Ancient Britain
I-Spy Classic Cars
I-Spy Cars
Titles launched May 2010
I-Spy In the Garden
I-Spy On the Motorway
I-Spy At the Airport
I-Spy Modern Britain
I-Spy London
I-Spy Green Britain
I-Spy History
I-Spy Camping
I-Spy Car Badges
I-Spy In the Street
I-Spy Sports and Games
Titles launched April 2011
I-Spy Edinburgh
I-Spy Oxford
I-Spy Lake District
I-Spy Bath
I-Spy In the Countryside
I-Spy Every Vehicle on the Road
I-Spy Scottish Nature
Titles launched in Summer 2011
I-Spy On a Ferry
I-Spy London's Transport
I-Spy On a Road Trip
I-Spy On a Car Journey in France
I-Spy Cotswolds
I-Spy Explore London (126 page edition)
Three boxed sets released in November 2011
I-Spy Out and About Car set - 70 cards
I-Spy Car collection - 4 books
I-Spy Nature Collection - 4 books
, a children's game after which the I-Spy books were named
Ted Wragg (11 February 1999), , The Independent
Felicity Wood (9 October 2009), , The BooksellerBook Review of Switch - Chief Executive Boards International
扫扫二维码,随身浏览文档
手机或平板扫扫即可继续访问
Book Review of Switch - Chief Executive Boards International
举报该文档为侵权文档。
举报该文档含有违规或不良信息。
反馈该文档无法正常浏览。
举报该文档为重复文档。
推荐理由:
将文档分享至:
分享完整地址
文档地址:
粘贴到BBS或博客
flash地址:
支持嵌入FLASH地址的网站使用
html代码:
&embed src='/DocinViewer-4.swf' width='100%' height='600' type=application/x-shockwave-flash ALLOWFULLSCREEN='true' ALLOWSCRIPTACCESS='always'&&/embed&
450px*300px480px*400px650px*490px
支持嵌入HTML代码的网站使用
您的内容已经提交成功
您所提交的内容需要审核后才能发布,请您等待!
3秒自动关闭窗口写一篇50-60词的英语小便条 TO THE CHIEF LIBRARIAN ABOUT THE LOSS OF A BOOK YOU HAVE BORROWED_百度作业帮
写一篇50-60词的英语小便条 TO THE CHIEF LIBRARIAN ABOUT THE LOSS OF A BOOK YOU HAVE BORROWED
写一篇50-60词的英语小便条 TO THE CHIEF LIBRARIAN ABOUT THE LOSS OF A BOOK YOU HAVE BORROWED
Dear Sir,I am sorry to say I have lost the book I borrowed from our library last week.I know this is a bigmistake,but I must make some explanation.Yesterday I went to one of the classrooms in our main building to study.After reading for an hour or so,I went out to answer a phone call at about ten and I just left the book on the desk.When I came back,however,I found the book was not on the desk.Although I aske a neighbor about it,he just told me he hadn't notice anything.I know losing the borrowed book is my fault and I will accept any punishment from our library.I must say sorry again and I am willing to make the compensation for it.A depressed student小题1:B小题2:A小题3:D小题4:C试题分析:本文为记叙文。父亲是二战期间一艘商船的总工程师。在1940年9月的某一天他的商船不幸被鱼雷击中下沉。幸运的是他活了下来。 小题1:推断题:找到Memories下面第一段,讲到父亲会从S起航,我们带给他family photograph目的是be kept with him和keep him safe,推断出我们是去给父亲送行,选B小题2:细节题:根据telegram定位,找到Memories下面第三段,电报内容:safe,确定作者从电报中知道爸爸还活着,选A小题3:细节题:after his ship was attack 定位, 找到Torpedo部分,第二段首句he was alone确定爸爸是最后一个离开船的,选D。小题4:主旨大意题。文章首先指出父亲的身份——二战期间一艘商船的总工程师。接着描述他负责的商船在二战中被鱼雷击中下沉及其本人逃生的经过。由此判断全文主题是一位轮船工程师在战争年代的一次经历。故选C
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
A businessman was deep in debt (欠债)and could see no way out. He sat on the park bench, &21 in hands, wondering if anything could &&&&his company. Suddenly an old man appeared. “I can see&&&is troubling you,” he said. After listening to the businessman's&&&&&, the old man said, “I believe I can&&&&you.”& He asked the businessman’s name ,and &&&&&a check (支票), saying , “Take this money. Meet me here exactly one year from today, and you can &&&&me back at that time.” Then he left quickly. The businessman&&&&in his hand a check for $ 500,000,signed(签字)by John D. Rockefeller, who was then one of the&&&&men in the world! “I can get rid of my money worries now!” he realized. But instead, he&&&to put the check in his case, just knowing it was there to give him the strength to work out a&&&&to save his company. Within a few months, he was out of debt and&&&money once again. Exactly one year later, he returned to the&&&with the check. At the agreed-on&&&, the old man appeared. Just&&&the businessman was about to hand back the cheek and&&&&his successful story, a nurse came running up and grabbed the old man.“I am so&&&&I caught him!” she cried, “I hope he hasn't been bothering you. He's&&&&escaping from the rest home and&&&&&people he’s John D. Rockefeller.” And she led him away by the arm. The businessman just stood there, &&&&&&. Suddenly, he realized it wasn't the money, real or imagined, but his newfound self-confidence that gave him the power to achieve anything he went after.小题1:A.moneyB.hairC.checkD.head小题2:A.startB.stopC.saveD.sell小题3:A.somethingB.everythingC.nothingD.anything小题4:A.programsB.troublesC.wishesD.dreams小题5:A.findB.teachC.helpD.protect小题6:A.packed upB.picked upC.took outD.wrote out小题7:A.bringB.payC.feedD.call小题8:A.sawB.tiedC.pulledD.hid小题9:A.tallestB.richestC.strongestD.busiest小题10:A.continuedB.refusedC.decidedD.forgot小题11:A.recordB.resultC.problemD.way小题12:A.losingB.makingC.lendingD.raising小题13:A.parkB.roomC.companyD.hospital小题14:A.timeB.cornerC.priceD.weekend小题15:A.ifB.asC.afterD.because小题16:A.readB.testC.shareD.hear小题17:A.sadB.angryC.tiredD.glad小题18:A.seldomB.hardlyC.neverD.always小题19:A.orderingB.warningC.tellingD.reminding小题20:A.shockedB.boredC.excitedD.interested
阅读下列短文,从短文后各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项。A group of frogs was traveling through the woods and two of them fell into a pit(坑). All the other frogs gathered around it and watched as the two frogs tried to jump out. The pit was very deep and it looked as if there was no way &&&&&, so they started yelling at the two frogs to &&&&&&. "The pit is too deep. You will die," they said together. When the &&&&&&frogs kept trying, the crowd yelled &&&&&. After a while, one of the frogs believed what the others were saying, and fell down and &&&&&. But &&&&&, the second frog kept jumping hard &&&&&&the negative remarks of those that kept yelling at her to accept the &&&&&&and just die. Finally, with one big leap, she &&&&&&it out of the pit!& In fact, the second frog was &&&&&&and unable to hear what the others had been saying. She thought they had been &&&&&&her on the entire time they were yelling! What she had &&&&&&considered as encouragement &&&&&&her to try harder and succeed. And that made all the &&&&&!&With a positive &&&&&&and being deaf to others' opinions, the second frog reached her goals by using such &&&&&&as encouragement, instead of being &&&&&&by others like the first frog, who failed to develop her &&&&&&to struggle for survival. &&&&&, when we overcome others' criticism or &&&&&&comments, we can do anything we set our minds to, just as the second frog did.小题1:A.awayB.outC.onD.over小题2:A.give up B.give outC.drop outD.drop in小题3:A.lostB.missedC.trappedD.tired小题4:A.higherB.louderC.clearerD.bigger小题5:A.diedB.stoppedC.restedD.watched小题6:A.obviouslyB.disappointinglyC.undoubtedlyD.amazingly小题7:A.besides B.forC.despiteD.except小题8:A.problem B.lifeC.chanceD.fate小题9:A.madeB.jumpedC.tookD.saved小题10:A.dumbB.deafC.lameD.blind小题11:A.callingB.holdingC.cheeringD.pushing小题12:A.mistakenlyB.BrightlyC.roughlyD.perfectly小题13:A.letB.attractedC.inspiredD.kept小题14:A.resultB.differenceC.achievementD.progress小题15:A.expressionB.EmotionC.soulD.attitude小题16:A.possibilityB.certaintyC.crueltyD.negativity小题17:A.influencedB.threatenedC.suspectedD.advised小题18:A.energy B.spiritC.potentialD.mood小题19:A.HoweverB.ThusC.FinallyD.Actually小题20:A.surprisingB.annoyingC.discouragingD.confusing
It was a very cold evening. The old man’s beard was almost icy. He was waiting for a ____ across the river. The wait seemed ____. The old man sat on the ground waiting for quite a long time.____, he saw several horsemen coming. He watched them silently and let the first one pass by without even asking. Another passed by,and then another, till the last rider came near the old man. The old man caught the rider’s ____ and said, “Sir, would you ____ giving me a ride to the other side?”____ his horse, the rider replied, “Of course not.” But it was so cold that the old man’s body was almost ____. He could not get ____ the ground. The horseman helped the old man onto his horse. He took the old man not just across the river, ____ to the old man’s home.As they ___ the old man’s house, the horseman asked, “Sir, you let several other riders pass by without even asking. Then I ____ and you asked me for a ride at once. Why? ____I had said ‘no’ and left you there?”The old man looked the rider straight in the eye, and said, “I looked ____ the eyes of the other riders. I quickly saw that they didn’t ____. It would be ____ even asking them for a ride. But in your eye I saw ____. I knew that you would help me.” The words ____ the rider deeply. “Thank you for what you’ve said,” he told the old man. “I hope I will never leave others ____ simply because I’m busy, and every American citizen does ____ in my heart.”With that, Thomas Jefferson, the third president of the US, turned his horse around and made his ____ back to the White House。 小题1:A.helpB.rideC.tripD.drive小题2:A.usefulB.boringC.fortunateD.endless小题3:A.GraduallyB.FinallyC.SadlyD.Surprisingly小题4:A.eyesB.handC.backD.face小题5:A.likeB.thinkC.offerD.mind小题6:A.SpeedingB.RidingC.StoppingD.Leaving小题7:A.shockedB.stuckC.frozenD.injured小题8:A.downB.onC.inD.off小题9:A.onlyB.but C.soD.then小题10:A.nearedB.visitedC.passedD.missed小题11:A.came onB.came inC.came upD.came out小题12:A.Even ifB.What ifC.As ifD.Only if小题13:A.outB.forC.intoD.up小题14:A.tryB.waitC.askD.care小题15:A.useless.B.riskyC.dangerousD.foolish小题16:A.braveryB.loyaltyC.ambitionD.kindness小题17:A.attractedB.comfortedC.touchedD.occupied小题18:A.aloneB.outC.awayD.over小题19:A.desire B.liveC.count.D.advance小题20:A.choiceB.livingC.mindD.way
Once a farmer had some puppies to sell. He painted a(n)____ advertising the pups and set about nailing it to a post on the edge of hisyard.____he was driving the last nail into the post,he felt a sudden pull on his trousers.He____down into the eyes of a little boy.“Mister,”he said,“I want to buy one of your puppies.”“Well,”said the farmer,as he rubbed the sweat off the back of his___,“these puppies come from fine parents and____ a good deal of money.”The boy____his head for a moment. Then reaching deep into his pocket,he pulled out a handful of____and held it up to the farmer. “I’ve got thirty&nine cents. Is that enough to take a look?”“Sure,”said the farmer.And with that he____a whistle,“Here,Dolly!”he called.____from the doghouse and down the road ran Dolly____by four little balls of fur. As the dogs made their____to the fence,the little boy noticed something else moving inside the doghouse.____another little ball appeared,this one noticeably smaller. The little pup began walking unsteadily toward the others,doing its best to____.“I want that one,”the little boy said,____at the runt (矮个子).The farmer knelt down at the boy’s side and said,“Son,you____want that puppy. He will never be able to____and play with you as other dogs would.”With that the little boy____back from the fence,reached down,and began rolling up one leg of his____.In doing so he showed a steel brace(支柱) running down both sides of his leg attaching itself to a____made shoe. Looking back up at the farmer,he said,“You see,sir,I don’t run too well myself,and he will need someone who understands.”& The____is full of people who need someone who understands.小题1:A.sightB.paperC.informationD.sign小题2:A.ThenB.BeforeC.AsD.After小题3:A.putB.lookedC.kneltD.stared小题4:A.noseB.neckC.headD.face小题5:A.spendB.spareC.makeD.cost小题6:A.raisedB.liftedC.fellD.dropped小题7:A.notesB.changeC.sugarD.goods小题8:A.let outB.carried outC.put outD.left out小题9:A.UpB.OverC.OutD.In小题10:A.cameB.followedC.wentD.caught小题11:A.stepB.wayC.walkD.drive小题12:A.QuicklyB.SlowlyC.OddlyD.Sadly小题13:A.get upB.stand upC.catch upD.move up小题14:A.movingB.pointing C.callingD.turning小题15:A.mustn’tB.don’tC.can’tD.needn’t小题16:A.runB.sitC.walkD.stand小题17:A.steppedB.talkedC.climbedD.fell小题18:A.clothesB.dressesC.sweatersD.trousers小题19:A.simplyB.speciallyC.carefullyD.newly小题20:A.farmB.countryC.cityD.world
题型:阅读理解
At times my mom has been uncomfortable seeing these qualities in me. For example, when I was 12, I went to Puerto Rico all by myself to stay with my grandmother for the summer. My mom was extremely nervous about it. She kept telling me how things were different in Puerto Rico, to always put on sunscreen, not to wander away from my grandmother, and other warnings. She helped me pack and did not leave the airport until she saw my plane take off.But despite her worries, she let me go on my own. As I moved into my teens, she continued to give me space to grow and learn, even when it might have been difficult for her. When I reached my senior year, I decided to move away for college. Once again I found that I differed from my peers. While many of them wanted to stay close to home, I couldn't wait to be out in the world on my own. I had been looking forward to this chance for longer than I could remember. And once again, while my mom may not have been happy at the thought of me going away, she was supportive and excited for me. Sure, there were times when she’d nag (不断地唠叨)me about certain choices I made, but for the most part she did not stand in my way.One big thing I realized during my senior year was that she actually believes in me and trusts me. That means a lot. Most of my life, and especially when I was little, the main person I tried to impress was my mother. I knew she expected nothing but the best from me. Sometimes it was hard to live getting a single B on my report card would make me feel bad because I knew she wanted me to have all A’s.I know that her high standards have helped me stay focused on what's important, like education, and made me who I am. I am thankful for her support and involvement in my life. Most of all I she is the strongest woman I know and that's why I have turned out so strong and independent.小题1:When the author decided to go to Puerto Rico, his mother ________.A.wanted to go with himB.worried about his safetyC.didn’t allow him to goD.asked his grandmother for advice小题2:The author decided to move away for college to ________.A.be different from his peersB.keep away from his motherC.be independent in outside worldD.make his mother unhappy小题3:We can learn from the third paragraph that the author’s mother ________.A.had a high expectation from himB.was too strict with himC.used to expect nothing from himD.cared little about his learning小题4:We can learn from the last paragraph that the author ________.A.is quite grateful for his mother’s trustB.still doesn’t quite understand his mother’s attitudeC.doesn’t like his mother’s involvement in his lifeD.wishes to have more freedom from his mother
F. Scott Fitzgerald, born on September 24, 1896, an American novelist, was once a student of St. Paul Academy, the Newman School and attended Princeton University for a short while. In 1917 he joined the army and was posted in Alabama, where he met his future wife Zelda Sayre. Then he had to make some money to impress her.His life with her was full of great happiness, as he wrote in his diary: “My own happiness in the past often approached such joy that I could share it even with the person dearest to me but had to walk it away in quiet streets and take down parts of it in my diary.”This side of paradise, his first novel, was published in 1920. Encouraged by its success, Fitzgerald began to devote more time to his writing. Then he continued with the novel the Beautiful and Damned (1922), a collection of short stories Thales of the Jazz Age (1922), and a play The Vegetable (1923). But his greatest success was The Great Gatsby, published in 1925, which quickly brought him praise from the literary world. Yet it failed to give him the needed financial security. Then, in 1926, he published another collection of short stories All the Sad Young Men. However, Fitzgerald’s problems with his wife Zelda affected his writing. During the 1920s he tried to reorder his life, but failed. By 1930, his wife had her first breakdown and went to a Swiss clinic. During this period he completed novels Tender Is the Night in 1934 and The love of the last Tycoon in 1940. While his wife was in hospital in the United States, he got totally addicted to alcohol. Sheila Graham, his dear friend, helped him fight his alcoholism.小题1:How many novels written by Fitzgerald are mentioned in the passage?A.5B.6 C.7D.8小题2:Which of the following is the correct order to describe Fitzgerald’s life according to the passage?a. He became addicted to drinking.b. He studied at St. Paul Academy. c. He published his first novel This Side of Paradise.d. The Great Gatsby won high praise.e. He failed to reorder his life.f. He joined the army and met Zelda.A.f-c-e-a-b-dB.b-e-a-f-c-dC.f-d-e-c-b-aD.b-f-c-d-e-a小题3:We can infer from the passage that Fitzgerald &&&&&&&&&&&.A.had made some money when he met Zelda in Alabama.B.was well educated and well off before he served in the armyC.would have completed more works if his wife hadn’t broken downD.helped his friend get rid of drinking while his wife was in hospital小题4:The passage is probably followed by a concluding paragraph about _______.A.Zelda’s personal lifeB.Zelda’s illness and treatmentC.Fitzgerald’s friendship with GrahamD.Fitzgerald’s contributions to the literary world
阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项A、B、C和D中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。When I was fifteen, I announced to my English class that I was going to write my own books. Half the students sneered(冷笑), the&&&nearly fell out of their chairs laughing. “Don’t be silly, only&&&&can become writers, ” the English teacher said, “And you are getting a D this term. ” I was so&&&&that I burst into tears. That night I wrote a short&&&poem about broken dreams and mailed it to the newspaper. To my&&&, they published it and sent me two dollars. I was a published and&&&writer. I showed my teacher and fellow students. They&&&. “Just plain dumb luck. ” the teacher said. I tasted&&&and I’d sold the first thing I’d ever written. That was more than any of them had done and if it was just dumb luck, that was&&&with me. During the next two years I sold dozens of&&&, letters, jokes and recipes. By the time I&&&&from high school, with a C minus average, I had scrapbooks(剪贴簿) filled with my published works. I&&&&mentioned my writing to my teachers, friends or my family again. They were dream killers and&&&people must choose between their friends and their dreams, they must always choose their &&&&. I had four children at the time, and the oldest was only four. I wrote what I felt. It&&&nine months, just like a pregnant woman. I mailed it without a self addressed stamped&&&and without making a copy of the manuscript(原稿). A month later I received a(n)&&&, and a request to start working on another book. The worst year I earned two dollars. In my best year I earned 36, 000 dollars. &&&&&years I earned between five thousand and ten thousand. No, it isn’t enough to live&&&&, but it’s still more than I’d make working part time. People ask what college I&&&&, what degrees I had and what qualifications I have to be a writer. The answer is: “None. ” I just write. I’m not a genius. 小题1:A.wholeB.otherC.mostD.rest小题2:A.generals B.statesmenC.geniuses D.spies小题3:A.delighted B.anxiousC.ashamed D.upset小题4:A.sad B.innocentC.disappointing D.puzzled小题5:A.delight B.astonishmentC.comfortD.happiness小题6:A.borrowed B.lent C.paid D.cost小题7:A.cried B.agreed C.swore D.laughed小题8:A.failureB.successC.coldness D.squeeze小题9:A.fineB.mixed C.compared D.full小题10:A.books B.poets C.novels D.poems小题11:A.dropped out B.leftC.graduated D.laid off小题12:A.ever B.never C.seldom D.even小题13:A.if B.unless C.until D.before小题14:A.teachers B.familyC.friendsD.dreams小题15:A.spent B.costC.tookD.wasted小题16:A.letter B.envelopeC.writer D.cover小题17:A.agreementB.editionC.tradeD.patent小题18:A.RecentB.MemorableC.Most D.Several小题19:A.with B.onC.by D.in小题20:A.deservedB.introducedC.founded D.attended
Thomas Jefferson, the third president of the United States, was a good and tireless writer, and he wrote The Declaration of Independence. There is much we can learn from him. Here are some of the things he said and wrote:Go and see. Jefferson believed that a free man obtains knowledge from many sources besides books, and personal investigation is important as well.Judge for yourself. Jefferson refused to accept other people’s opinions without careful thought. “Neither believe nor reject anything,” he wrote to his nephew.Learn from everyone. Jefferson once visited the French nobleman, Lafayette, and said to him, “You must go into the people’s home as I have done ,look into their cooking pots and eat their bread. If you will only do this, you may find out why people are dissatisfied. ”Do what you believe is right. In a free country, there will always be conflicting ideas, and this is a source of strength. It is not unquestioning agreement but conflict that keeps freedom alive. Though Jefferson was for many years the object of strong criticism, he never answered his critics. He expressed his philosophy, “There are two sides to every question. If you take one side with decision and act on it with effect, those who take the other side will of course resent(憎恶)your actions. ”Trust the future and trust the young. Jefferson felt that the present should never be chained to customs which have lost their usefulness. “The earth belongs to the living generation. ” He didn’t fear new ideas, nor did he fear the future. “How much pain has been caused by evils which have never happened?” he remarked,“I expect the best, not the worst. ”小题1:The author mentioned Jefferson’s visit to Lafayette to show______.A.Jefferson was dissatisfied with LafayetteB.Jefferson had a close relationship with his peopleC.Jefferson was a great American presidentD.Jefferson valued the importance of learning from others小题2:Jefferson was determined never to answer his critics because______.A.he believed silence was a source of strengthB.he thought it useless to defend obviously correct ideasC.he believed in conflict rather than in unquestioning agreementD.he knew the more he said ,the more people would resent him小题3:What would be the best title of the passage?A.Jefferson’s Great WorksB.Jefferson’s Philosophy C.Jefferson’s TeachingD.Jefferson's Life Story}

我要回帖

更多关于 o2o是什么意思 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信