busy peoplehi john are you busybusy, busy peoplehi john are you busybusy, the

查询英语完形填空:From Monday to most people are busy working or studying…_百度作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案
查询英语完形填空:From Monday to most people are busy working or studying…
查询英语完形填空:From Monday to most people are busy working or studying…
  是不是这篇  From Monday to Friday most people are busy working or studying,but in the evenings and weekends they are free and 1 themselves.Some watch television or go to the movies,others take part in sports.This is decided by their own 2 .There are many different ways to spend our free time.Almost everyone has some kind of 3 .It may be something from colleting stamps to 4 model planes.Some hobbies are very expensive,but others don't cost anything at all.Some collections are worth 5 of money,others are valuable only to their owners.I know a man who has a coin collection worth several 6 dollars.A short time ago he bought a rare fifty-cent piece which cost him $250!He was very happy about this collection and thought the price was all right.On the other hand,my youngest brother collects match boxes.He has almost 600 kinds of them,but I wonder 7 they are worth any money.However,to my brother they are quite valuable.8 makes him happier than to find a new match box for his collection.That's what a hobby means,I think.It is something we 9 to do in our free time just for the fun of it.The value in dollars is not 10 ,but the pleasure it gives us is.⒈ A.love B.work C.enjoy D.play⒉ A.lives B.interests C.jobs D.things⒊ A.hobby B.thing C.job D.way⒋ A.make B.making C.makes D.made⒌ A.a little B.a few C.a lot D.a number⒍ A.thousand B.thousands C.thousands of D.thousand of⒎ A.that B.if C.what D.why⒏ A.Everything B.Anything C.Nothing D.Something⒐ A.have B.need C.refuse D.like⒑ A.good B.low C.important D.cheap答案 CBABC ABCDCJuly 29th, 2009 by Steve Pavlina
I began writing this article on an airplane last week, and it came out to be more than 9,000 words, almost 20 pages when printed. So I decided to break it up into smaller chunks and publish it as a series. This article is the start of that series.
Often the people we’d most like to network with are also the least accessible. Busy people are bombarded with endless emails, phone calls, social media connections, and more. Making contact with such people can be difficult because so many others are trying to do the same thing.
Nevertheless, busy people can make very valuable contacts. They’re usually busy for a reason – lots of people want to connect with them, either for business or personal reasons.
I believe I have some solid, practical advice to share on this topic for two reasons. First, I’ve dealt with hundreds of busy people during my 15+ years as an entrepreneur. I’ve had to learn what works and what doesn’t in the real world of business. I also know how busy people tend to filter and process their communication.
Second, I am a busy person who processes a lot of communication. Since I
in 2004, I’ve received tens of thousands of emails. I’ve seen people use many different tactics in their attempts to make contact with me. I don’t have the capacity to accept deeper connections with everyone who wants to build a bridge with me, so I have to be selective. I think you’ll gain many insights from getting a glimpse at how I decide when to explore a new connection and when to pass. The way I handle new communication requests is similar to what other busy people do. I think you’ll see that most of these decisions arise from common sense and necessity, but many would-be networkers seem to overlook or ignore these realities – and they pay the price for it.
In this series I’ll focus mainly on business and professional networking, although many of these ideas can be applied to personal networking as well. I admit that the line between the two can be rather fuzzy, depending on which field you work in.
Some people maintain a crisp separation between their business contacts and personal friends. For me there isn’t much difference since I work in a field where people tend to be very open and friendly, and the people I meet in a business context are the same people I enjoy having as friends anyway.
So here are my best tips for networking with busy people.
Understand the busy person’s perspective.
You must accept up front that a busy person simply cannot or will not give you a serious slice of their attention without a good reason. The mere fact that you contacted them is not a good enough reason to expect them to reply back.
Don’t presume you’re entitled to a response just because you took some action and reached out to the busy person. Don’t presume you’re supposed to get a response just because you had an intuitive feeling to contact the person.
Busy people may receive dozens, sometimes hundreds, of incoming communications per day, 365 days per year. They don’t have the capacity to treat every request as equally important, so they must triage. This usually means they’ll spend very little time processing communication from people they don’t already know.
In your mind you may have a very good reason for contacting this person. You may have the noblest of intentions. But if you can’t see reality from the busy person’s perspective, you’ll probably make mistakes that will result in your being blown off.
Busy people aren’t trying to be rude. They’re simply trying to be effective. They have to choose between spending an extra hour or two each day on email and phone calls vs. spending more time with their families, working on key projects, or just having a life. Would you willingly volunteer to spend an extra hour per day answering email if it wasn’t absolutely necessary – for the rest of your life with no end in sight?
Busy people are sometimes criticized for blowing off a lot of communication. They often seem unresponsive to “reasonable”? requests. I used to think such behavior was very rude when I was subjected to it, but then I was put in the position of experiencing it from the other side. When I realized I was spending hours each day answering emails and reading blog comments – and having little to show for it in terms of inner fulfillment or outer results – I knew I had to be more selective.
Many bloggers I know pride themselves on their willingness to read and respond to every comment or question someone submits. Some have criticized me for not doing the same, as if I’m some kind of elitist for not following suit. But the reality is that most of those critics get less than 1% of my web traffic. When my website was at a similar traffic level to theirs, I felt the same as they did. I could easily send everyone a personal response, and it didn’t take that much time. I enjoyed the interaction with my readers.
But take a good thing and multiply it by 100, and the dynamics become totally different. It became overwhelming to keep up with every piece of communication once my blog began receiving more than 100 comments and dozens of emails per day.
What’s your limit? Could you handle 100 communications per day (36,500 per year)? How about 1,000 per day (365,000 per year)? Eventually you’ll hit your breaking point and need to pull back.
have seen hundreds of thousands of messages posted in less than 3 years. There’s no way I could read all of that, let alone reply to it. I can’t even read all the feedback people post specifically about my articles. If I still had open blog comments enabled (the forums require free registration to post messages), we’d probably have a few million comments posted by now. Trying to keep up with all of that myself would just be insane.
The reason I’m sharing this is that a lot of people simply don’t understand the busy person’s perspective. Is it rude or inconsiderate to decline to spend 12 hours a day reading and responding to feedback, 365 days a year? I don’t know any busy people who think that would be a wise idea. Invariably they decide to blow off a lot of incoming communication. The only difference is what combination of people, technology, and processes they use for triage purposes. Some use filters. Some use assistants. Some hire bodyguards.
If you can accept that busy people must triage in order to be effective and have a life, and you can respect them for setting priorities, you’ll have a much better shot at building a bridge with them.
On the other hand, if you resent such people for being busy and not responding to your communiqués promptly, you’re not going to become a very good networker in general.
If you want to get good at networking with busy people, you must accept and embrace the busy person’s reality instead of getting stuck in your own perspective and being unable to empathize.
To be continued…
Read related articles:
Steve Recommends
Here are my recommendations for products and services I've reviewed that can improve your results. This is a short list since it only includes my top picks.
- Use SBI to start your own money-making website
- Earn passive income from ebooks
- Permanently eliminate a limiting belief in 20 minutes
- Read books 3 times faster
- Condition your mind for positive thinking and success
- Record your life lessons in a secure private journal
(FREE audios) - Release your blocks in a few minutes
- A step-by-step process to discover your life purpose
If you've found Steve's work helpful, please
to show your support.
Get Steve's
to stay in touch and receive the newest updates
Free Personal Development Insights Newsletter
Get Steve's Free Newsletter
Sign up below to receive my free email newsletter with insightful bonus material to help you grow. It's sent about once a month. No spam. No sharing of your email address. Easily unsubscribe at any time.
Search This Site
Recent Posts
Categories
Steve Recommends
Uncopyrighted by Pavlina LLC, . Feel free to share.使用次数:81
入库时间:
From Monday to Friday most people are busy working or studying , but in the
evenings and weekends they are free and ___1____ themselves. Some watch
television or go to the movies, others ___2__ sports. This is decided by their
own ____3_____.
There are many different ways to spend our___4___ time.
Almost everyone has some kind of __5___: it may be something from collecting
stamps to __6__ model planes. Some hobbies are very___7____ , but others don’t
cost anything at all. Some collections(收藏)are worth ___8_____
of money, others are valuable (有价值的)only to their owners.
I know a man who has a coin collection worth several ___9__ dollars. A short
time ago he bought a rare(罕见的)fifty-cent piece which ___10__ him $250! He was
very happy abut this collection and thought the price was all right . On the
other hand, my youngest brother collects match boxes. He has almost 600 of
them, but I wonder __11___ they are worth any money . However, ___12_____ my
brother they are quite valuable.___13_____ makes him happier than to find a new
match box for his collection.
That’s what a hobby means, I think. It is something we __14___ to do in our
free time just for the __15__ of it. The value in dollars is not important, but
the pleasure it gives us is.
love&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
work&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C. enjoy&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
look like&&&&&&&&&&& B.
take care of&&&&&&&& C. think
about&&&&&&&& D. take part in
lives&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
interests&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C. jobs&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
working&&&&&&&&&&& B.
free&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C. own&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
hobby&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
thing&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C. job&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
make&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
making&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C. makes&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
interesting&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
exciting&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C. cheap&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
D. expensive
little&&&&&&&&&&&&&
few&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C. a lot&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
D. a number
thousand&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
thousands&&&&&&&&&&&&
C. thousands of&&&&&&&& D. thousand of
paid&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
cost&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C. took&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
that&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
if&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C. what&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
to&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
on&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
with&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Everything&&&&&& B.
Anything&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Nothing&&&&&&&&&&&&
D. Something
have&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
need&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
C. refuse&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
money&&&&&&&&&&&&&
work&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
fun&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
BDCAB BACDC d免费搜题cooC&
如果没有找到你要的答案,请尝试下下面的试题答案搜索功能。
用户评论纠错:
&&&&&&暂无评论
我来说几句:
备课中心教案课件试卷下载People are __1__ busy these days that many people have no time __2__.完形填空答案_高考英语阅读_萌芽学习网
&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&&|&
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
People&are&__1__&busy&these&days&that&many&people&have&no&time&__2__.完形填空答案
&&&&&&&&&&★★★
People&are&__1__&busy&these&days&that&many&people&have&no&time&__2__.完形填空答案
作者:佚名 文章来源: 点击数: 更新时间: 20:57:09
完形填空(9)
People are __1__ busy these days that many people have no time __2__. This becomes a problem. But most families love home cooking! The food tastes __3__ and warm, and a family meal brings everyone together. In some families, meals are often the only time when everyone sees one__4__ at the same time.
Another reason(原因) , people enjoy home cooking is__5__it is often a way of__6__ love. A parent who makes some cookies is not just satisfying(满足) a child’s sweet mouth. She or he is sending a message. The message says: I care you enough__7__an hour making cookies that you will eat up in 15 minutes if I let you.”
There is also something about the smell of home cooking. The smell of home cooking __8__ people of all ages. It makes most of us feel good and __9__ Ceven if we are the __10__ doing the cooking! Next time you smell a cake making, stop for a moment and pay attention to your mood(心情).
根据短文内容选择最佳答案。
( )1.A. so B. quite C. such
( )2.A. cook B. to cook C. cooking
( )3.A. well B. deliciously C. good
( )4.A. another B. other C. the other
( )5.A. that B. because C. that because
( )6.A. showing B. shown C. to show
( )7.A. to cost B. to take C. to spend
( )8.A. pleases B. pleased C. pleasure
( )9.A. love B. loved C. lovely
( )10. A. men B. women C. ones
完形填空(9)1-5ABCAA6-10ACABC