翻译文章the practice翻译 of magic includes ......译文

小题1:B小题2:C小题3:A试题分析:全文讲述了巫师如何实施巫术,,巫术的活动要伴随着语言,而这些语言又叫作咒语。人们之所以相信物神,是因为他们觉得物神有精神在里面。小题1:根据the magician recites the spells perfectly”我们知道,很多社会认为只要巫师念的咒语合适,巫术就会起作用。 选B小题2:细节理解题。从“Many tribes believe fetishes have magic power because spirits live in these objects”我们可以知道,人们之所以相信物神,是因为他们觉得物神有精神在里面。选C小题3:主旨大意题。全文讲述了如何实施巫术,这一点从第一段可以看出来。选A&&点评:这类阅读理解要求考生根据文章所述事件的逻辑关系,对未说明的趋势或结局作出合理的推断;或根据作者所阐述的观点理论,对文章未涉及的现象、事例给以解释。考生首先要仔细阅读短文,完整了解信息,准确把握作者观点。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
I don’t ever want to talk about being a woman scientist again. There was a time in my life when people asked constantly for stories about what it’s like to work in a field dominated (控制) by men. I was never very good at telling those stories because truthfully I never found them interesting. What I do find interesting is the origin of the universe, the shape of space-time and the nature of black holes. At 19, when I began studying astrophysics, it did not bother me in the least to be the only woman in the classroom. But while earning my PhD at MIT and then as a post-doctor doing space research, the issue started to bother me. My every achievement --- jobs, research papers, awards --- was viewed through the lens of gender (性别) politics. So were my failures. Then one day a few years ago, out of my mouth came a sentence that would eventually become my reply to any and all annoyance. I don’t talk about that any more. It took me 10 years to get back the confidence I had at 19 and to realize that I didn’t want to deal with gender issues. After all, I don’t study sociology or political theory. Today I research and teach at Bamard, a women’s college in New York City. Recently, someone asked me how many of the 45 students in my class were women. You cannot imagine my satisfaction at being able to answer 45. I know some of my students worry how they will manage their scientific research and a desire for children. And I don’t dismiss those concerns. Instead, I have given them this: the visual of their physics professor heavily pregnant doing physics experiments. And in turn they have given me the image of 45 women driven by a love of science. And that’s a sight worth talking about.小题1:Why doesn’t the author want to talk about being a woman scientist again?A.She is unhappy working in male-dominated fields.B.She is fed up with the issue of gender discrimination.C.She is not good at telling stories of the kind at all.D.She finds space research more important than that.小题2:We learn from Paragraph 2 that people would contribute the author’s failures to _______.A.the very fact that she is just a womanB.her involvement in gender politicsC.the very fact that she is just a scientistD.her over-confidence as a female scientist小题3:Why does the author feel satisfied when talking about her class?A.Female students no longer have to bother about gender issues.B.Her students’ achievement has brought back her confidence.C.Her female students can do just better than male students.D.More female students now love science than before.小题4:What does the image that the author presents to her students suggest?A.Women students needn’t have the concerns of her generation.B.Women have more troubles on their way to academic success.C.Women can balance a career in science and having a family.D.Women now have no problems pursuing a science career.
Celebrity endorsements Despite the fact that companies believe celebrities had a lot of pull with regard to the buying trends of consumers, researchers have discovered that this does not seem to be the case. British and Swiss researchers carried out a study showing that advertisements made by celebrities like David Beckham and Scarlett Johansson are not as effective as those by ordinary people.In a sample of 298 students, researchers presented a magazine advertisement for a digital camera that was endorsed (为…做广告宣传) by a fictional student claiming the camera was “hot” and his “preferred choice”. The same advertisement was shown to other students, but with a difference: The camera was endorsed by a famous person in Germany.While the students said that both advertisements were beneficial, the one made by the student topped the celebrity one if students aimed to impress others with their purchases (购买). More than half of the students, who admitted purchasing products that would impress others, said they were influenced by the student’s advertisement. Only 20% said the celebrity one would affect their buying decision.Professor Brett Martin of the University of Bath’s School of Management, explained that the findings could be used not only in Germany, but in other countries as well. “ Our research questions whether celebrities are the best ways to sell products,” said Prof Martin.“Celebrities can be effective but we found that many people were more convinced by an endorsement from a fictional fellow student. This is because many people feel a need to keep up with the Jones when they buy.”小题1:Some companies think the celebrities endorsement &&&&&&&&&.A.is popular with the consumersB.can pull all the consumers into the shopsC.can affect the consumers’ purchasingD.is as effective as an endorsement from common people小题2:Which of the following ads would be more effective to common consumers, according tothe experiment?An ad featuring lovely pandas. An ad made by David Beckham.An ad made by fictional common people.An ad with beautiful natural scenery. 小题3:The underlined words “the Jones” in the last paragragh refer to“&&&&&”.A.someone called Jones B.common peopleC.the Jones family D.celebrities小题4:We can infer from the passage that&&&&&&&.A.celebrities cheat consumers in advertisementB.the researchers here are against celebrity endorsementC.the student’s ads are more reliable than those made by celebritiesD.companies needn’t spend so much money on celebrity endorsement小题5:We can probably read the article in&&&&&&&.A.a local newspaperB.a science reportC.an academic journal
D.a textbook
"Regardless of social class, race and age, men say they hate to shop." says Zukin, City University of New York sociology professor. "Yet when you ask them deeper questions, it turns out that they like to shop. Men generally like to shop for books, music and hardware. But if you ask them about the shopping they do for books or music, they'll say, "Well, that's not shopping. That's research. "In other words, what men and women call "buying things" and how they approach that task are different.Women will wander through several 1,000-aquare-meter stores in search of the perfect party dress. Men will wander through 100 Internet sites in search of the perfect digital camcorder. Women see shopping as a social event. Men see it as a special task or a game to be won."Men are frequently shopping to win," says Ann, a marketing professor at Loyola University of Chicago. "They want to get the best deal. They want to get the best one, the latest one and if they do that it makes them happy. "When women shop, "They're doing it in a way that they want everybody to be very happy." says Ann. "They're kind of shopping for love.""Teenage girls learn to shop from their moms and older sisters, but they also learn to shop by examining articles in magazines like Seventeen, "City University Zukin says." And although men's magazines such as GQ and Esquire have long had shopping articles, it's TV that has the eye of young male shoppers, "say Ann and Zukin."Television shows are used by young men in the same way Seventeen magazine or Lucky is used by girls," says Zukin, "to help make clothing and toiletry choices.""Of course, there are men who love to shop and are proud of it." Loyola's Ann says. And that is important no matter whether you buy a car or a frying pan. All men love to buy but don't want to get cheated. Ann adds, "There actually are men who are interested, for example, in cooking or shopping or chinaware or things around the home-----they become kind of girl magnets. Women like it."小题1:From the first paragraph we can find that _____.A.men are all dishonestB.men are all book-loversC.men hate to shop actuallyD.men like to shop in fact小题2:Compared to women, men usually treat shopping _____.A.honestlyB.seriouslyC.frequentlyD.foolishly小题3:As is shown in this passage, teenage girls go shopping _____.A.only with their momsB.only with their sistersC.often following magazinesD.often following TV shows小题4:The underlined word "magnets" in the last paragraph means _____. A.magazines that attract young womenB.persons that have a powerful attractionC.tools that can help housewives muchD.vegetables that make women beautiful
Millions of Americans return from long-distance trips by air, but their luggage doesn’t always come home with them. Airline identification tags(标签) can come loose, and the bags go who-knows-where. And passengers leave all kinds of things on planes.The airlines collect the items and, for 90 days, attempt to find their owners. They don’t keep them, since they’re not in the warehouse business. And by law, they cannot sell the bags, because the airlines might be tempted to deliberately misplace luggage.So once insurance companies have paid for lost bags and their contents, and they no longer belong to passengers, a unique store in the little town of Scottsboro, Alabama, buys them. The “Unclaimed Baggage Center,” is so popular that the building, which is set up like a department store, is the number-one tourist attraction in all of Alabama. More than one million visitors stop in each year and take one of the store’s shopping carts on a hunt for treasures.Each day, clerks bring out 7,000 new items, and veteran(老练的)shoppers rush to paw over them. You can find everything from precious jewels to hockey sticks, best-selling novels, leather jackets, tape recorders, surfboards, even half -used tubes of toothpaste.The store’s own laundry washes or cleans all the clothes found in luggage, then sells them. The Unclaimed Baggage Center has found guns, illegal drugs and even a live rattlesnake.The store has a little museum where some of its most unusual acquisitions(获得物) have been preserved. They include highland bagpipes, a burial mask from an Egyptian pharaoh's tomb, and a medieval suit of armor.Statistics indicate that less than one-half of one percent of luggage checked on U.S. carriers is permanently lost and available to the store.小题1:Paragraph1 shows that many passengers lose their luggage because______.A.they are forgetfulB.the owners of some luggage can’t be identified C.they are in a hurryD.there is no lost and found office in many airports小题2:The reason why the airlines cannot sell the bags is that ______.A.they have to find the ownersB.they have to keep the bags as long as possibleC.some bags are expensiveD.they are likely to make a profit on the bags on purpose小题3:The Unclaimed Baggage Center is very popular because______.A.visitors may purchase something undervalued.B.all thethings there are very cheap.C.there's a large variety of goods.D.visitors will enjoy some amusing activities there.小题4:What can we infer from the passage?A.A little museum will keep all the precious unclaimed baggage.B.The things in the Unclaimed Baggage Center are articles for daily use.C.The percentage of passengers who lose their baggage for ever is small.D.People are not allowed to buy the illegal things in the store.小题5:What is the main purpose of the passage?A.To introduce an attractive place to tourists.B.To remind passengers of taking care of their baggage.C.To advise the airlines to find the owners of the unclaimed baggage.D.To introduce how the unclaimed baggage in the airports is handled in America.
My grandmother seems to be wrong when she says that good manners will never go out of style. Several days ago, I tried entering a lift with one of my arms fixed in a bandage(绷带) while carrying a computer bag in the other. Not being fast enough, I was passed by two young people who managed to get into the lift before me. The lift door closed only after I entered. Having already pressed their wanted floor button, the young people waited impatiently for me to press the button for where I was going. If they had decided to help, we could have moved much faster. But they had not. So I did my best and pressed the button with my arm. The two young people looked very angry with me. I was losing heart. The memory of this incident has stayed with me because it followed shortly after my building’s watchman refused to help me carry a heavy box full of books. His answer was that he could not carry the books a few meters because it was not his job. However, I remembered myself helping people for so many years carrying boxes, shopping bags, or pushing wheelchairs upon the request of a stranger in need or when my conscience(良心) called on me. "Oh, this young generation, they have no manners, ”my grandmother would say. The idea of good manners refers to the considering of other people’s feelings. We need more and more people to have good manners. Good manners should be-come part of our lives. 小题1:The author believes that ________.A.good manners will never go out of styleB.her grandmother is rightC.good manners are disappearing little by littleD.it never rains, but it pours小题2:How did the two young people feel when the author pressed the button?A.Excited. B.Angry.C.Sad.D.Confident.小题3:The watchman didn’t help the author because ______.A.the box was full of booksB.the box was too heavyC.the author was a strangerD.he thought it was not his job小题4:We can infer from the passage that the author ______.A.always offers help to people in needB.always has difficulty carrying thingsC.has a better memory than anyone elseD.agreed with her grandmother at first
I do desire to help my Chinese students to find a better way of learning. I once divided my Chinese MBA students into six groups and set them an assignment: brainstorming on “two-hour business plans”, for example: a restaurant chain. Originality would be valued most. As a result, five groups proposed projects for restaurant chains. The sixth showed a catering service. I couldn’t help expressing my disappointment, though the time limit had been rather challenging. Those middle managers and financial analysts from state-owned enterprises and global companies were not untalented or without opinions, but they had been accustomed to an educational system that rarely rewarded critical thinking or Originality. Papers were often copied from the Internet and the Harvard Business Review. Students insisted that copying was a superior business strategy, better than inventing and creating.In China, you can see almost all kinds of products you can imagine have been made and sold, but so few well developed marketing and management minds have been produced that it will be a long time before most people in the world can name a Chinese brand!Partnerships with institutions like Yale and MIT have been established so as to solve the problem mentioned above. And there’s also the “thousand talent scheme”: this new government program is designed to improve technological modernization by inviting top foreign trained scientists to the mainland with large sums of money. But there are concerns about China’s research environment, which is known for lacking in encouraging independent thinking and inventiveness, and even high salary offers may not be attractive enough to overcome this.If China wants to become a major world creator, it is no good just seeking partnerships with top Western universities or gathering a group of well-educated people and telling them to think creatively. It’s time to establish a rich learning environment for young minds. Yes, new way of learning is the key!小题1:The author feels disappointed when the students hand in their plans because_____A.there’s one group presenting a catering service.B.all groups followed his idea of restaurant chains.C.the students’ ideas were lacking in creativeness.D.the time limit had been rather challenging.小题2:Which statement is TRUE according to the passage?A.China can make and sell all kinds of product all over the worldB.High pay can solve the problem of China’s research environmentC.Foreign trained scientists are expected to invent a Chinese brandD.The new government program is aimed at encouraging imagination小题3:Which can serve as the best title of the passage?A.Look for a New Way of LearningB.Develop MBA Students’ Creative ThinkingC.Help China to Become a CreatorD.Improve China’s Research Environment
The iPhone has become one of the most popular mobile phones in the United States. An 18-year-o1d student in California has used his knowledge of the device to create his own business,gaining national recognition for his work.Vincent Quigg is the CEO of TechWorld. His company is kind of like a hospital for iPhones,specializing in customizing and repairing iPhones. Vincent Quigg launched TechWorld while in high school. “My mom became single a couple of years ago and I had to grow up. And in order to keep my lifestyle, I had to find different ways to keep my phone, keep a car, transportation and all that stuff. So I had to find ways to be entrepreneurial.” An organization cal1ed the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship. or NFTE, helped the young man get started. His mother, Carla Quigg: “He quit the class, which made me very disappointed.”“It was extremely hard for myself to find a business to start and run with it. But once I had that ‘aha moment’or what I knew I wanted to go with, it was really easy and extremely fun.”At the time, Vincent worked for the electronics store BestBuy. He says people always came into the store with broken electronic devices. He decided that repairing those devices was what he wanted to do. He not only re-registered for the NFTE class, but he also won the organization’s national competition for best young entrepreneur.His business has grown through word-of-mouth. Vincent says he now fixes up to l0 phones per week. He earns about $l,500 each month in sales. TechWorld has two other employees. Kacee Wheeler is one of them. He works on the technical side of the business while Vincent Quigg now deals with finances and planning. He says he wants to continue to grow his business.小题1:What is Vincent Quigg’s company specialized in?A.Customizing and repairing iPhones.B.Advertising and selling iPhones.C.Helping students set up business.D.Offering people medical advice.小题2:What drove Vincent to start his own business?A.His special family education background.B.The need to keep his former way of 1ife.C.The desire to be the CEO of a company.D.The encouragement from another company.小题3:What does the underlined phrase “aha moment” probably mean?A.The moment to celebrate success.B.The moment to comp1ain hardship.C.The moment to have a great idea.D.The moment to have great fun.小题4:What can we 1earn from the text?A.Vincent started his own business with the help of his col1ege.B.Vincent went through great difficulty in the beginning.C.Vincent promotes his business by large scale advertisements.D.Vincent’s mother was disappointed by his achievement.
Thirty years ago not many people would have dreamed of doing the repairs and decorations in their own homes. In those days labor was fairly cheap and most people would have thought it worthwhile to employ a professional painter and decorator, unless of course they were either very hand up or were in the trade themselves. Today, however, it is quite a different story. Men and women in all walks of life turn their hands to all sorts of jobs round the house including painting, papering, putting up shelves and wall units, and tiling walls and floors. Some people with no professional training of any kind have even successfully built their own houses. These jobs have been made easier today by the introduction of prepared materials, which require the minimum amount of skill to use. In every high street throughout Britain nowadays there is at least one “Do-It-Yourself” shop containing a vast range of timber, tiles, paints, wallpapers and floor coverings besides tools of every description including power drills and many accessories. “Do-It-Yourself” i all these shops do a roaring trade and look like continuing to do so. Probably the main reason for the craze is the high cost of present-day labor and the shortage of building firms willing to do small jobs.小题1:Why did people employ professional workers to decorate homes thirty years ago?A.Because they could not do it themselves.B.Because professional workers were very cheap.C.Because they had no time.D.Because professional workers could do much better.小题2:Thirty years later what changes took place?A.People could do everything themselves. B.Few people chose to be a professional worker.C.People with no professional training successfully built their own houses.D.New expensive materials required no skills at all.小题3:What caused the DIY craze?A.Young people liked to follow the fashion.B.“Do-It-Yourself” is a booming business.C.There were fewer building companies.D.High cost of professional workers.小题4:What is the speaker telling us ?A.How DIY comes into being.B.Changes in building.C.Changes in housing.D.Great changes in these thirty years.}

我要回帖

更多关于 译文翻译 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信