his students made notes from hismoney talks 百度网盘

Can’t wait to dig in to the tasty malt beverages I brought home from Pennsylvania.
Here’s what I got:
Evil Genius
(Chocolate Pumpkin Porter) West Grove, PA
Evil Genius
(Pumpkin Ale) West Grove, PA
(Herbed/Spiced Ale) Philadelphia, PA
(English Strong Ale) Philadelphia, PA
Yards (English Porter) Philadelphia, PA
Duck-Rabbit (Milk Stout) Farmville, NC
(Chocolate Milk Stout) Athens, GA
Tasty Beer
for my July 26 PySIG presentation, introducing Python list comprehensions.
This presentation was my first usage of , a Python HTML5 slide presenting tool. If you’re interested in the reStructuredText source for this presentation, I’m providing that as well: .
Aaaaaaaaand October notes…
Kent’s Korner this month was . After Kent’s presentation, a discussion on unit testing ensued, talking more about , Java’s unit testing package , and another popular Python unit testing package .
We then moved on to our main presentation, where Arc schooled us about . Sphinx is a tool for creating and maintaining Python documentation. Sphinx extends
to support documenting Python. The Sphinx markup extensions are
in the Sphinx docs. Sphinx currently uses
for it’s templating.
More discussion of restructured text ensued. Kent mentioned that he writes Kent’s Korner in ReST, using . It was discussed that ReST is pretty ubiquitous, for example,
New Linux distros coming,
in seven days and
is landing soon as well.
Arc mentioned
teams, and our .
Catching up on last month’s meeting (at this month’s meeting no less!).
Kent was originally going to present about the new features in Python 2.6, but was unfortunately unable to attend at the last minute. We plowed along, with Bill leading the discussion, walking through
This lead to some discussion about documenting your Python. Python 2.6 has started using
for the . Another popular package for Python documentation is .
In Kent’s absence, Shawn presented an introduction to accessing web services from Python, using both
After explaining a little bit about what web services are, Shawn jumped straight into a practical example, working with bug and issue tickets in .
We used the test project in the
to exercise our code. After reviewing the
in the , we jumped into a Python prompt and using
from the standard library, went ahead and created
in the public JIRA instance. We then referred to the
and interacted with our ticket, for example adding comments.
Moving on to SOAP, Shawn pointed out that there are numerous SOAP libraries for Python each with their own pros and cons. He mentioned three (and has since thought of another added here): , , , and .
Using SOAPpy, , and the , we again jumped to the Python prompt and manipulated our test ticket.
Working with JIRA brought up the discussion of other bug tracking packages. Two packages, both written in Python, are
Arc showed us
and that they have an .
Arc also mentioned a Python web templating library called .
And lastly, for those wondering at the end of the meeting about “Zombie Strippers” being on my Google Calendar…it is a hilarious horror/comedy starring Jenna Jameson and Robert Englund (yes *that* ). It’s coming out on DVD and Blu-Ray on October 28th. For more about the film see the , , and the .
I’ve been a bad doobie and not been posting PySIG bits for the last month or so. Ray kindly shared his notes from his August talk about the Yahoo BOSS API. I’ve converted that to PDF and the notes are available .
Back after a few months missing! Arrived late, which seems to be the standard for me lately…
As I sat down, folks were discussing goings-on for .
For some more multimedia Python related Internet content, you can check out
A great news aggregator for Python news is .
Shawn mentioned a new Python conference, , happening Nov 12-14 in Atlanta. They recently announced their . It is organized by the folks that publish .
Shawn also mentioned that he found out about this from , which has a great weekly feature, the Python Module of the Week.
Kent took over for , where he showed us
of the Python standard library.
Ray then took over for the main presentation for the night, “A Glimpse at BOSS.”
offers a web service called
(where BOSS stands for Build your Own Search Service). Yahoo! is now providing . To quote their website, “The BOSS Mashup Framework is an experimental Python library that provides developers with SQL-like constructs for mashing up the BOSS API with third-party data sources.”
Some discussion of licensing came up. Yahoo! states that the BOSS Mashup Framework is covered by the .
This discussion also brought up mention of the
or GNU Affero General Public License.
During his talk, Ray mentioned , a software company that provides an IDE for doing AJAX development. They recently hired the author of the
is now also available for their .Bill mentioned a HAM Radio magazine article that he noticed involved some Python! The article, “D-RATS — an Application Suite for D-STAR”, is available as a .
Software Freedom Day activities discussion resurged, and Bill mentioned . Quoting OpenDisc’s website, “OpenDisc is a high quality collection of open source software (OSS) for the Microsoft Windows operating system.”
See you next month!
Arrived later than usual, traffic on Rt. 3 was extra retarded.
Start planning for
activities. This year it’s on September 20, 2008.
Kent asked about accessing existing C++ code from Python.
Arc recommended
or possibly .
Shawn mentioned that if you need to access C libraries, that
may be useful, but Arc said there can be some caveats to how well it can work. This led into discussions of other projects for doing things like writing Python modules with packages that will build out to C. The two main projects in this space that came up were
on python-talk about interacting with Excel from Python was rehashed in person. A copy of
found it’s way to the meeting, and is a good starting point for attacking this problem.
Ted has been having headaches with Unicode text files (and receiving text possibly in other encodings). Kent suggested
to help with the problem.
Announcement from Ray: His company, , is now a silver sponsor of .
: This month’s
shows us the enhanced python shell . Flip through the
to dive in.
8 attendees geeked out on Python.
Lots of upcoming events.
is May 2nd and 3rd.
is in Boston this year, June 18-20.
Running concurrently with RH Summit , running over the weekend of June 19-21.
Ted brought up , a PostgreSQL conference, May 20-23 2008 at the University of Ottawa.
is May 10-11, 2008. Join in to squash some Python bugs.
, April 28-May 3, is an event presenting a series of online workshops.
There is a presentation on May 1st of interest to Pythonistas entitled “Python Packaging – Emilio Pozuelo Monfort”.
PyCon 2008 Presentation on generators, , is a very accessible introduction to doing very cool things with Python generators.
Ted pointed us to an interesting article,
Ted also told us about a Python RSS aggregator, . He maintains a page of Foxpro related links using it, . And Python news can be had at .
Shawn kept telling Ted he could
quickly and easily.
likes Python!
Ray mentioned , a spreadsheet program based on the Python programming language. Ted countered by bringing up that OpenOffice is scriptable in Python with .
The Python Twisted network engine has a new version, .
Various discussions of cryptography.
The various downloadable versions and variants of
came up. Also the fact that
is an OpenSolaris project. Ted reminded us that Todd Underwood presented to
on ZFS and
are available online.
I’ve arrived
a little late to tonight’s meeting so apologies for any omissions…
The success of Software Freedom Day activities by PySIG members has led to open source “Tech Talks” at the
in Pepperell, MA.
Mark has been wanting to continue using a piece of orphaned DOS/Windows software and some handy Windows tools came up.
The Windows kernel debugger
was mentioned.
Also , a process monitor that is part of
was mentioned. It appears that the software, , may still exist.
Bill writes his Python in the free source code editor, . He had some gotchas about debugging in this environment, and mentioned the usefulness of ‘python -i’. The python debugger, , got a few CPU cycles during the discussion.
Kent’s Korner,
Main presentation. Arc Riley on , a 3D game engine.
Arc also mentioned
the serach for students to work on Python projects for
. I’ll refer you to
Here’s a link recap of topics brought up at PySIG.
as an application framework and for it’s GUI design tools came up in discussion.
Kent told us about a new O’Reilly book coming soon, . This book is an introduction to programming and uses Python as the language to introduce programming concepts with.
Jason told us about the
project, headed up by author and hacker .
Ted told us that
(in Cambridge, MA) is having a .
Ray made an announcement about his company’s, () , new product written ~95% in Python. The
product is a payment processing application package ( was passed around during the meeting).
Bill showed us a
Jacob Kaplan-Moss. He’s starting a new job where he gets to hack on Django for a living.
Lloyd’s gotcha involved , a great python toolkit for hacking on SQL.
Ray brought up an article by Guido covering
for your python program.
Bill showed us more code from
redux, processing .
Ray presented some code: .
is fast approaching (prereg deadline is March 7).
of the talks from PyCon 2007 are available.
Ray pointed us to . The site is developed with .
Bill blames Ted for this article: .
This site requires JavaScript and Cookies to be enabled. Please change your browser settings or upgrade your browser.Author Philip Slater talks about his life, work, and loves | Harvard MagazineTalks & Takeaways (for Ux Designers and non-Designers) from Interaction16 Redux
| LinkedIn
On a rainy&June&evening in Bangalore—we revisited our favourite talks and take-aways from the Interaction16 conference. Shamelessly belated and far far from the cold Northern Capital of Helsinki, home to the Interaction16 conference. This&is in response to the ask for sharing the videos/posts&we shared that evening in Bangalore.
What's Interaction16?
[ skip this if you need no introductions ]&The 2016 Edition of the Annual IxDA conference.& is the&Interaction Design Association, a volunteer-supported "organisation dedicated to the discipline of interaction design." In over 13 years, "IxDA has grown into a global network of more than 80,000 members and over 173 local groups," focusing on improving the human condition via the practice of interaction design.
What made Interaction16 special for me were the voices of the community, not just corporates.&It was refreshing (for most&of the time) to not have technologies, sites and services pitched incessantly as that one magical solution. Refreshing to speak with Interaction Design (Ix) practitioners, teachers, students—from Chile, Netherlands, SouthAfrica, HongKong, Australia, Belgium, Pakistan,&Scandinavia and more.
So back to the Redux:&Manu and I talked about Interaction16, while , previous
winner (Amsterdam, 2014), spoke about his journey. , Bangalore chapter lead for
(supporting the Redux event) spoke about some of the Design trends—further out in time and space (literally). Asha from
pitched in with a fun little exercise to identify&future titles for designers.
The&Super Six
Its hard to cull it down—hard because we didn't get around to seeing&all the talks (including some&by my former colleagues from Bristol, Noida and SF) and hard because there were so many insightful, delightful&talks. But here goes—
Cameron Sinclair: Designing LifeCameron's talk was the kind that's life reaffirming and mind expanding. As an architect and designer, the human scale at which he&aims to make a difference is well beyond the 1000x level—for his work is focused on the world's dispossessed: people who have no place to call home. Whether a rickshaw puller in Bangladesh or the millions uprooted by war, genocide or natural calamities. His notes on efficient design, sustainable relationships and life that happens despite swaps and taps were both funny and poignant. A must watch—
Tricia Wang:&Manu focused extensively on Tricia Wang's talk—on data, bias and the need for thick data - not just big data. Her talk weaves through 16th C Venice, to Christian Missionaries landing in China to Oculus Rift. It weaves through mirrors, blind spots in empathy and how designers can pack in data with richer, deeper contexts.
Nicolas Nova and Simone Rebaudengo: Smart FrictionsExploring the edges and boundaries of "smart"—Nicolas and Simone tell of their experiments of real fictional products for real fictional people. Is smart merely a lazy&imitation of human behaviours and&a reflection of our limits as teachers of smarts?&Made me think of how humor, creativity&and&fiction still have a unique&place in the professions we sometimes take&too seriously.&
Joshua Seiden: &Learnings from Live SystemsJosh, co-author of LeanUX, presented a pragmatic talk and a case for design stewardship, designing to learn and design for behaviour change. Josh's talk was sharp, actionable: mixing design, branding, lean, mvp, learning and behaviour change. Some excellent real life case studies.
Josh&Clark: &Magical UXJosh continues to build&on the theme of what smart means (and doesn't). And what magic (or the lack of it) will come from IoT, connected devices and (almost) anything as a surface. Funny and well worth a rerun!
Joe McLeod: &Closure ExperiencesOn a closing note, Joe has this though provoking piece on saying goodbye to products and services in the digital and physical world. Can we (should we) plan for&digital demise&and end-of-life, and if yes, how do we design closure experiences. Top marks for originality and an entertaining talk punctuated with humor.
Design As ParticipationA common thread, in many talks and discussions, was&t. A long eminently readable meditation on a the&question of—"should designers continue to privilege users above all others in the system? What would it mean to design for participants instead? For all the participants?"Because&"we are no longer just using computers. We are using computers to use the world. The obscured and complex code and engineering now engages with people, resources, civics, communities and ecosystems." Recommended reading!
Welcome your thoughts, comments, more reading/watching lists. Keep watching this space for future IxDA events in Asia.Looking for more of the latest headlines on LinkedIn?豆丁微信公众号
君,已阅读到文档的结尾了呢~~
六年级下 unit1 i went to sanya for my holidays lesson4-6
扫扫二维码,随身浏览文档
手机或平板扫扫即可继续访问
六年级下 unit1 i went to sanya for my holidays lesson4-6
举报该文档为侵权文档。
举报该文档含有违规或不良信息。
反馈该文档无法正常浏览。
举报该文档为重复文档。
推荐理由:
将文档分享至:
分享完整地址
文档地址:
粘贴到BBS或博客
flash地址:
支持嵌入FLASH地址的网站使用
html代码:
&embed src='http://www.docin.com/DocinViewer--144.swf' width='100%' height='600' type=application/x-shockwave-flash ALLOWFULLSCREEN='true' ALLOWSCRIPTACCESS='always'&&/embed&
450px*300px480px*400px650px*490px
支持嵌入HTML代码的网站使用
您的内容已经提交成功
您所提交的内容需要审核后才能发布,请您等待!
3秒自动关闭窗口}

我要回帖

更多关于 moneytalks 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信