资料类型:期中/期末
文档大小:254KB
所属点数: 0点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0 点,】
资料概述与简介
第Ⅰ卷(选择题,共80分)
第一部分:英语知识运用(共两节,满分30分)
第一节:单项填空(共20小题每小题05分,满分10分)
从每题所给的A、B、C、D 四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。1. Life of Pi is about an Indian boy who finds himself drifting in ________ Pacific Ocean with _______ Bengal tiger after ________ shipwreck.
A. the, a, a
B. /, a, the
C. the, a, the
D. /, the, a
2. ---- Honey, the cat’s stuck in the tree. Can you turn off the TV and get a ladder . . . ?
---- Oh, it jumped off. _______.
A. Never mind
B. All right
C. No problem
D. Take care
3.He hasn’t found a job yet because he had no ________ to anybody who could help him.
A.approach
B.application
D.approval
4. Determination is a kind of basic quality and this is what________ takes to do jobs well.
5. Do you know _______ they got to know each other?
---- It was last year_______ they both taught Chinese in Scotland.
A. When it was that, when
B. when it was that, while
C. When it was that, that
D. When it was that, as
6. _______over everything whenever we want to make a decision, many people believe, and we
will have less chance of making mistakes.
B. Thinking
C. To think
D. Thought
7. Opposite the old town is the 5500 meters Yulong Xueshan Mountain, its peak_______ with snow.
A. is covered
B. covered
C. covering
8. It is important to have your eyes examined regularly to check for any sign of eye disease that may not have any __________.
A. symptom
9. Her clear and elegant prose ______ her _______ from most other journalists.
A. sets … aside
B. sets … down
C. sets … apart
D. sets … up
10.---- Do you think I could borrow your MP4?
---- ________
A.How come?
B.Take your time.
C.Yes,go on.
D.Yes,help yourself.
11. Turn on CCTV news and we ________how happy our life is. But there is no denying that over the past decades, the cost of living ________ sharply.
A. had increased
B. will see;has been increasing
C. increased
D. is increasing
12. Film is not only a universal entertainment mode in modern times, but also an important ________ for cultural communication.
A. transportation
B. appearance
C. controversy
D. vehicle
13. Being constantly exposed to advertisements is annoying, but it ______ be pleasant sometimes.
14. Great inventors don’t ________ graduate from famous universities. Some didn’t even go to university.
B. necessarily
D. particularly
15. Even if there is no scientific proof
secondhand smoke causes cancer, there is no reason why nonsmokers should be forced to take this risk.
16. What is concerning us greatly is ____ the workers held up in that area yesterday will be set free.
17. ----Did you hear about the hero who rescued the child from the burning building?
----Yes. What do you think most people ______ if they were in a similar situation?
A. will do
B will have done.
C. would do
D. would have done
18. ---- Mr. Smith is said to have retired and he is living in the country now.
---- Yes. He ________ in our factory for 35 years! What a good worker!
A. had been working
B. had worked
D. have worked
19. When questioned, he was too shocked to give a(n)
of what had happened when the attack took place.
A.assessment
B.account
D.summaryI must go now, thanks again for your hospitality.
------ _________.
A. My pleasure! So long!
B. With pleasure! Goodbye!
C. You are welcome! Go slowly!
D. Have a nice day! Good luck!
第二节:完形填空(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从第21—40 各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和D)
中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卷上将该项涂黑。Many people look fondly at their school days.
a lot of these memories are often attached to events that have little to do
learning, many people are surprised by how much they miss being in the
and actually learning something new.
Although most people feel that their lives would be
by going back to school for further study, some people find that their busy schedules would make this
. However, with the rise of technology like the
, it is now easier than ever to continue feeding your mind without
obligations like family and work. This is due to the rise of online education options.
Online education is a subset of what is known as electronic learning or e-learning. All that you need to successfully use online education is
to a computer that has an internet
. There are so many online education options,
it is quite common for colleges to 31
online education courses to assist people who are
in distance education.
of online education is that it allows you to 34
at your own pace and on your own time. Depending on the nature of the courses, online education will provide you with a certain time
for you to compete it .
One of the biggest
of online education is that it does not provide you with the face-to-face interaction with a teacher. But you can
with other students through the use of discussion boards, messaging programs,
and web-conferencing programs.
As people become busier, online education has
in popularity. It has greatly improved the number of services it provides and is considered a great education option. So if you are busy but your mind is still
more of a challenge, you may find that online education is the perfect food for your mind!
21.A.When B. C. D.22.A. B. C. D.23.A. B. C. D.24.A. B.ed C.ed D.ed
25.A. B.C. D.26.A. B. C. D.
27.A.sacrificing B. C. D.sticking
28.A. B.administration C.access D.29.A. B. C. D.30.A. B. C. D.31.A. B. C. D.32.A. B. C. D.33.A. B.function C.disadvantage D.34.A. B. C. D.35.A. B. C. D.36.A. B. C. D.37.A. B. C. D.concentrate
38.A. B. C. D.39.A.evolve B. C. D.40.A. B. C. D.第二部分:阅读理解(第一节20小题,第二节5小题;每小题2分,共50分)
第一节:阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卷上将该选项标号涂黑。A
On a number of drives throughout my childhood, my mother would suddenly pull over the car to examine a flower by the side of the road or rescue a beetle from tragedy while I, in my late teens and early twenties, sat impatiently in the car.
Though Mother’s Day follows Earth Day, for me, they have always been related to each other. My mom has been “green” since she became concerned about the environment. Part of this habit was born of thrift (节俭). Like her mother and her grandmother before her, mom saves glass jars, empty cheese containers and reuses her plastic bags.
Mom creates a kind of harmonious relationship with wildlife in her yard. She knows to pick the apples on her trees a little early to avoid the bears and that if she leaves the bird feeders(给食器) out at night, it is likely that they will be knocked down by a family of raccoons (浣熊). Spiders that make their way into the house and are caught in juice glasses will be set loose in the garden.
I try to teach my children that looking out for the environment starts with being aware of the environment. On busy streets, we look for dandelions (蒲公英) we say hello to neighborhood cats and pick up plastic cups and paper bags. This teaching comes easily, I realize, because I was taught so well by example. Mom didn’ she didn’t need to beat a drum to change the world. She simply slowed down enough to enjoy living in it and with that joy came mercy and an instinct for protection.
I am slowing down and it isn’t because of the weight of my nearly forty years on the planet, it is out of my concern for the planet itself. I’ve begun to save glass jars and reuse packing envelopes. I pause in my daily tasks to watch the squirrels race each other in the trees above my house.
Last summer, in the company of my son and daughter, I planted tomatoes in my yard. With the heat of August around me, I ate the first while sitting on my low wall with dirt on my hands. Warm from the sun, it burst on my tongue with a sweetness I immediately wanted to share with my mom.
41. Why does the author say Earth Day is connected with Mother’s Day?
A. Because Mother’s Day falls shortly after Earth Day.
B. To stress that all the older women in her family are environmentalists.
C. To stress how much her mother cares about the environment.
D. Because her mother shows her how to be friendly to nature on Mother’s Day.
42. Which of the following is NOT related to Mom’s “green life”?
A. Rescuing a beetle from a certain tragedy.
B. Saving glass jars, empty cheese containers.
C. Setting a caught spider free in the garden
D. Picking dandelions on busy streets.
43. We can infer from the article that ______.
A. the author realizes that she should teach her children by example as well
B. the author’s mother knows how to get rid of the wildlife in her yard
C. the author believes that only by learning to slow down can we enjoy life
D. the author’s mother used to lecture her to protect the environment.
44. What can be learned from the last paragraph?
A. Tomatoes make the author think of her mother.
B. The author likes eating tomatoes planted by herself.
C. Planting tomatoes is a way of protecting environment.
D. The author really appreciates her mother’s teaching.
45. The writer’s attitude towards her mom’s behavior changed in the order of ______.
A. understanding — critical — approving
B. approving — doubtful — negative
C. negative — understanding — approving
D. doubtful— critical— positive
Sagrada Familia ( 2,056,448 visits/year)
Opening hours: 09:00—18:00 (October—March); 09:00—20:00 (April—September)
Admission: $ 11, or $ 10 with the Barcelona Card.
Disabled Access: Yes.
The temple have been under construction since 1882 and they’ve still got another 30 to 80 years to go before it will be finished. The project’s vast scale and its special design have made it one of Barcelona’s top tourist attractions for many years.
La Pedrera (1,133,220 visits/year)
Opening hours: November—February: 09:00—18:30; March—October: 09:00—20:00
Admission: $ 9.50. Save 20% with the Barcelona Card.
Disabled Access: No.
This building used to be called Casa Mila but nowadays it’s more commonly known as La Pedrera. It is a unique modernist building in Barcelona and was made of bricks and had colorful tiles (瓦). It was built between 1906 and 1912 by famous Catalan architect Antoni Gaudi () and in 1984 it was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site with other Gaudi buildings in Barcelona. Visitors to La Pedrera can see the amazing 800 square meters attic with 270 brick arches that give you a feeling that you are walking inside the skeleton (骨架) of a whale. The roof is equally impressive and is preserved exactly the way that it was built in 1912 with six staircases and seven chimneys each made in a unique style.
Barcelona FC Museum (1,032,763 visits/year)
Opening hours: 6th April—4th October: (Monday to Saturday) 10:00—20:00; the rest of the year: 10:00—18:30
Admission: $ 8.50 for entry to the museum and $ 17 for a guided tour.
When you buy your ticket you have two options. You can buy a ticket for the museum to see the football stadium or you can buy a dual (双的) ticket for $ 15 where you get to see the museum and the scenes at the club.
Miro Museum (518,869 visits/year)
Opening hours: Check the web site for details as they vary depending on the time of the year.
Admission: $ 8. Save 20% with the Barcelona Card.
This museum has a wide range of Miro’s work dating back as far as 1914. This artwork collection not only includes his paintings but also a good selection of sculptures (雕塑).
L’Aquarium de Barcelona (1,375,271 visits/year)
Opening hours: 09:00—19:00 (October—March); 09:00—20:00 (April—September)
Admission: $ 7. Save 10 % on the entrance fee to the aquarium with the Barcelona Card.
Barcelona Aquarium is a popular Barcelona attraction to take the kids and young ones. I have to admit I love the aquarium.
Picasso Museum (887,958 visits/year)
Opening hours: Check the website for details as they vary depending on the time of the year.
Admission: $ 9 for main exhibition—extra for special showings. Save 50% with the Barcelona Card. Disabled Access: Yes. The museum has arranged Picasso’s paintings in chronological order from his early days to his final works. Arranging the paintings in this way gives you a fascinating insight into the development of Picasso thinking over time and shows how he developed the distinctive designs that he is famous for today. Very popular art gallery.
46. Which of the following attractions is the most popular with people?
A. Sagrada Familia
B. La Pedrera
C. Barcelona FC Museum
D.Picasso Museum
47. What do we know about the tourist attractions mentioned in the above passage?
A. Sagrada Familia is the largest building in Barcelona.
B. La Pedrera is well-known for its colorful material.
C. Barcelona FC Museum may attract football fans.
D. Miro Museum was built in 1914.
48. If you visit the stadium and the club with a tour guide in Barcelona FC Museum, you should pay ________.
49. What do the attractions have in common?
A. They are all famous for their architectural style.
B. They are available for the disabled people.
C. Their opening hours are changeable in different seasons.
D. Tourists can have a discount of 20% with the Barcelona Card.
But what is teacher quality? How can one measure it reliably?
An analysis is issued on a sample of data from a Texas school district. Experts argue convincingly that teacher effectiveness should be measured by students’ gains on standardized tests: Mr. Smith is probably a better teacher than Ms. Brown if his students consistently improve their test scores more than hers do.
Though this approach is appealing, there are tricky issues. For example, what if Ms. Brown teaches in a school where students score so high there is little room for improvement?
The authors try to correct for this problem, as well as other sorts of measurement issues, to generate a measurement of teacher effectiveness. The paper is primarily concerned with how this measure is related to other observable characteristics.
The first finding is that there is a large variation in teacher effectiveness: some teachers consistently have a larger impact on their students’ achievement than others.
Second, easily observable characteristics like having a master’s degree or a passing score on the teacher certification exam are not correlated关联 with teacher effectiveness.
Then what does matter? The most important single influence is experience: first-year teachers are much less effective than others. The second year is significantly better, and by the fourth year, most teachers hit their stride.
It is not entirely clear whether this experience effect is learning by doing (the more you teach, the more effective you become) or survival of the fittest (those who are not good at teaching tend to drop out early.)
From my reading of the paper, both effects appear important and there is no simple answer. The data do suggest, however, that teacher effectiveness is pretty clear by the end of the second year, so the information to make an informed decision is available at that time.
The authors also investigate the contentious 有争议的issue of racial matching of students and teachers. Here they find strong evidence that minority teachers tend to be more effective with minority students. Again, it is unclear whether this is because of a role model effect (students respond better to a teacher of their own race) or an empathy effect 移情效应(teachers empathize better with students of their own race) or something else entirely.
The authors also look at teacher mobility. There is some evidence that teachers who quit teaching or switch schools tend to be below average in effectiveness. This is consistent with the survival-of-the-fittest model.
50. The schoolmaster could decide wisely whether to further employ the teacher by the end of the ______.
A. the first year B. the second year
C. the third year D. the fourth year
51. The phrase “hit their stride” most probably means “______”.
A. reach their normal level
B. become confident
C. walk with long steps
D. get bored
52. The author of this passage holds the view that ______.
A. teachers will perform better with time passing
B. ineffective teachers should leave earlier rather than later
C. teacher’s effectiveness is apparent after a couple of years
D. a master’s degree will improve teacher’s effectiveness
53. Why do black teachers tend to be more effective with black students?
A. Students fell secure, so they respond better.
B. Teachers sympathize with students of their own race.
C. There are entirely some other identified reasons.
D. The reasons are far from clear and definite.
54. Which of the following may serve as the best title?
A. The Quality of Teaching
B. Impact of Teacher Quality on Student Learning
C. Different Sorts of Measurement Issues
D. Survival-of-the-fittest Model vs. Learning-by-doing Model
“Mom, I have cancer.” These four words catapulted my son and me on a journey that lasted two years. On that day I felt a wave of paralyzing fear.
Scott was the oldest of my four children. He was 33 years old and a successful assistant principal at SamRayburn Hifht School in Pasadena, Texas. He and his wife Carolyn were busy raising four active children. Scott was 6’2’’, weighed 200 pounds and had never been sick a day in his life.
A few month earlier a mole(痣)on his neck had changed color. “Dr.Warner called,” Scott said that spring morning. “It’s melanoma.(黑素瘤)” I tried to comfort him, naming all the people I knew who had survived skin cancer. Yet, I felt small tentacles of fear begin to wrap around my chest.
Our next stop was MDAnderson, the famous cancer hospital in Houston. Scott had surgery at the end of May and was scheduled for radiation treatments over the summer recess. “There is an 80 percent chance it won’t reoccur,” the doctors said. At the end of summer, all his tests came back negative and Scott was back at school in the fall. However, in December, Scott discovered a lump on his neck. It was examined and the result came back “malignant.(恶性的)” We now realized that Scott fell into the 20 percent category. I could feel the tentacles tightening around my chest. He entered the hospital for an aggressive treatment, a combination of interferon and interleukin.
After five months of treatment, he had radical surgery on his neck. The test results were encouraging, only three of the 33 lymph nodes(淋巴结) removed were malignant. We were very hopeful.
For the next six months, Scott’s follow-up visits went well. Then in October, X-ray revealed a spot on his lung. The spot was removed during surgery and the doctors tried to be optimistic. It was a daily battle to control the fear and panic each setback brought.
In January, he was diagnosed as having had a “disease explosion.” The cancer had spread to his lungs, spine and liver and he was given three to six months to live. There were times during this period when I felt like I was having a heart attack. The bands constricting my chest made breathing difficult.
When you watch your child battle cancer, you experience a roller coaster of emotions. There are moments of hope and optimism but a bad test result or even an unusual pain can bring on dread and panic.
Scott was readmitted to the hospital for one last try with chemotherapy. He died, quite suddenly, just six weeks after his last diagnosis. I was completely destroyed. I had counted on those last few months.
The next morning I was busy notifying people and making funeral arrangements. I remember having this nagging feeling that something was physically wrong with me. It took a moment to realize that the crushing sensation in my chest was gone. The thing every parent fears the most had happened. My son was gone. Of course, the fear had been replaced by unbearable sorrow.
After you lose a child, it is so difficult to go on. The most minimal tasks, combing your hair or taking a shower, becoming monumental. For months I just sat and stared into space. That spring, the
flowers began to pop up in my garden. Friendswood was coming back to life but I was dead inside.
During those last weeks, Scott and I often spoke about life and death. Fragments of those conversations kept playing over and over in my mind.
“Don’t let this ruin your life, Mom.”
“Make sure Dad re models his workshop.”
“Please, take care of my family.”
I remember wishing I could have just one more conversation with him. I knew what I would say, but what would Scott say? “I know how much you love me, Mom. So just sit on the couch and cry.” No, I knew him better than that. Scott loved life and knew how precious it is. I could almost hear his voice saying, “Get up Mom, Get on with your life. It’s too valuable to waste.”
That was the day I began to move forward. I signed up for a cake decorating class. Soon I was making cakes for holidays and birthdays. My daughter-in-law told me about a writing class in Houston. I hadn’t written in years, but since I was retired I decided it be time to start again. The local college advertised a Life Story Writing class that I joined. There I met women who had also lost their children. The Poet Laureate of Texas was scheduled to speak at our local Barnes and Noble. I attended and joined our local poetry society. I never dreamed that writing essays and poems about Scott could be so therapeutic. Several of those poems have ever been published. In addition, each group brought more and more people into my life..
I don’t believe you ever recover from the loss of a child. Scott is in my heart and mind every day. However, I do believe you can survive.
Scott fought so bravery to live and he never gave up. He taught me that life is a gift that should be cherished, not wasted. It has taken years to become the person I am today. The journey has been a difficult, painful process but certainly worth the effort and I know that my son would be proud.
55.How old was Scott probably when he died?
56.What does the underlined sentence “ The bands constricting my chest made breathing difficult” probably imply?
A.It implies that Scott’s mother was likely to have a heart attack.
B.It implies that there was something wrong with Scott’s mother’s chest.
C.It implies that Scott’s mother was very upset and panic because of Scott’s severe illness.
D.It implies that the cancer had spread to her chest just like her son.
57.Which of the following statements best shows the author’s feeling about Scott’s death?
A.It was a daily battle to control the fear and panic each setback brought.
B.She felt a wave of fear.
C.She felt a feeling of fear begin to wrap around her chest.
D.The fear had been replaced by unbearable sorrow.
58.From Scott and his mother’s conversation, we can know that Scott is ________.
A.considerable
B.humorous
C.determined
D.sensitive
59.The author intends to tell us that___________.
A.it takes a long time to make a person recover from the shock of losing a child
B.Scott is proud of his mother
C.life is full of happiness and sorrow.
D.We’d better make our life count instead of counting your days.
60.What might be the best title of the passage ?
A.Life is valuable
B.Grieving and Recovery
C.Love and sorrow
D.Alive or dead
第二节:下面文章中有5处(第61–65题)需要添加小标题。请从以下选项(A、B、C、D、E和F)中选出符合各段意思的小标题,并在答题纸上将相应选项的标号涂黑。选项中有一项是多余选项。Intellectual Disability
People with intellectual disability form one of the largest single disability groups in a community. Intellectual disability refers to a general slowness to learn and function within society, and the identification of intellectual disability is usually based on an assessment of a person's performance in a variety of tests. An individual's level of performance, as assessed, can change with time and circumstances. With skilled training and opportunity for development, people with intellectual disability have much greater potential for acquiring skills and for participation in community life than previously had been thought possible.
In many western societies, five categories of intellectual disability have traditionally been used in order to indicate the perceived degree of difficulty an individual has with learning. All five may occur in either children, adolescent or adult, and show as mild, moderate, severe, profound or multiple intellectual disability.
For the majority of intellectual disabilities, there is no identifiable cause but there are some causes that are well documented. They include: brain damage at birth due to lack of oxygen--- prolonged lab brain damage before birth due to factors such as rubella, drug or diet- damage after birth due to illnesses such as ence hereditary
abnormal chromosome count resulting in, for example, Down Syndrome.
Like everyone else, people with an intellectual disability need a rewarding job, a satisfying place to live and a good social life. But they may need extra support to achieve these things. Good support services are based on the principle of normalization---which means enabling people to be part of the community like everyone else.
With the introduction of the intellectually disabled into communities, there is a need to promote awareness of communication. Although many people may have little experience in talking with an intellectually disabled person, there are common guidelines that can simplify the interaction. Firstly, it is useful to remember that people with disabilities have feelings .Speaking in the same friendly manner as you would to anyone else is also recommended. Being prepared to wait a little longer for replies during a conversation with an intellectually disabled person would undoubtedly benefit the exchange.
List of Headings
What do people with an intellectual disability need?
What is intellectual disability?
How do people with an intellectual disability talk?
What are the forms of intellectual disability?
What causes intellectual disability?
How do you talk to a person with an intellectual disability?
第Ⅱ卷(非选择题,共40分)
第三部分写作(共二节满分40分)
第一节短文改错(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
假如英语课上老师要求同学们交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有10 处语言错误,要求你在错误的地方增加、删除或修改某个单词。
增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写上该加的词。删除:把多余的词用斜线(﹨)划掉。修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写上修改后的词。注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;
2.只允许修改10 处,多者(从第11 处起)不计分。例如:It was very nice to get your invitation to spend ∧ weekend with you.Luckily
I was completely free then,so I’ll to say “yes”.I’ll arrive in Bristol at around 8 pm in
Friday evening.
Ladies and Gentlemen:
Welcomed to the West Lake. First of all, let me make a brief introduction for it .
The West Lake like a shining pearl lying in the west of Hangzhou City. Surrounded by hill on the three sides, it is famous for it beautiful scenery, a plenty of historic sites and a variety of local products. Legend has it that the West Lake was a jewel falling from heaven when geologists insist this place had been a shallow sea gulf before it became that it is today. In any case, the West Lake inspired poets and painters for centuries. Enjoy your trip. Thank you !
第二节:书面表达(满分30分)
假设你现在正参加一场英语演讲比赛,你抽到的题目是“Smile for life, and every day will be sunshine”.请你就该话题展开演讲。你的演讲必须包含以下三个方面的内容:
你对此话的理解;
2. 用一个事例来支持你的观点;
3. 总结发言。
注意:1. 词数:1 20左右;
2.文章的开头已经给出,不计入总词数;
3.可适当增加细节,使行文连贯。
Ladies and gentlemen,
It’s my honor to give a speech here. My topic of speech is “Smile for life, and every day will be sunshine.”
选择题前60题答在机读卡上
注意:任务型阅
本网部分资源来源于会员上传,除本网组织的资源外,版权归原作者所有,如有侵犯版权,请联系并提供证据(),三个工作日内删除。
其他相关资源
友情链接:
Copyright &2006 - 2016 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved.}

我要回帖

更多关于 your are my sunshine 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信