what does it mean(tsk) mean in texting?

Definition of LMAO
Last edited on Jul 09 2015.
Submitted by
interjection
acronym for &laughing my
Used frequently in text-based communication (text messaging, online chat, etc.)lmao!& &&&& &&&& &&&&&&&&& &&&& &&&&&&&&& && &&&&& &&&&&&&&& &&&&&&& & &&&& && &&&&&&& &&&& & &&&&&&&&&&& && && &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& && &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Citation from
&&, Forbes' Business in the Beltway (blog), Daniel J. Mitchell, May 1 2011 blacked out to resolve .&&&&&&&& &&&& &&&&&& &&&& &&&&& &&&&&&&&& && &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& && &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& && &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& && &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Citation from
&&, Miami New Times blogs, Rebecca Salgado, Apr 26 2011 blacked out to resolve .
See more words with the same meaning: .
Last edited on May 04 2011.
Submitted by
acronym for &laughing my
Used frequently in text-based communication (text messaging, online chat, etc.)lmao!
Last edited on Jun 09 2010.
Submitted by
from Savannah, GA, USA
acronym for &lick me all over&.
Likely a backronym.
Last edited on Dec 29 2010.
Submitted by
More info:
Interactive stats:
Slang terms with the same meaning
Other terms relating to '':
Definitions include: acronym of &pain in the ass.&
Definitions include: shortened version of &okay, thanks, bye.&
Definitions include: acronym for &no big deal&.
Definitions include: acronym for &as far as I understand&.
Definitions include: See .
Definitions include: &just my opinion&.
Definitions include: acronym for &to the best of my knowledge.&
Definitions include: acronym for &my face when&.
Definitions include: acronym for & will read later&.
Definitions include: acronym for &I miss you so much.&
Definitions include: acronym for &Estimated Time of Arrival.&
Definitions include: acronym for &in other words&.
Definitions include: acronym for &be back later&.
Definitions include: &your.&
Definitions include: acronym for &what's on your mind&.()
Other terms relating to '':
Definitions include: to laugh very hard.
Definitions include: acronym for & on [the] floor laughing&.
Definitions include: laughs at another person's expense.
Definitions include: acronym for &laughing my
Definitions include: spelling variant of &haha&.
Definitions include: an expression of amusement.
Definitions include: acronym for &rolling on the floor laughing&.
off& or &laughing my rump off&.
Definitions include: to laugh hysterically.
Definitions include: &Hell's Angels&.
Definitions include: a prostitute.
Definitions include: acronym for &rolling on [the] floor
Definitions include: the sound of laughter.
Definitions include: a sarcastic laugh.()
Slang terms with the same root words
Other terms relating to 'ass':
Definitions include: pestering a person.
Definitions include: pestering multiple people.
Definitions include: short for ass-poopin'.
Definitions include: anything displeasing.
Definitions include: used after an adjective to indicate extre &very&, &really&, &extremely&.
Definitions include: in reverse or totally incorrect
Definitions include: a general insult.
Definitions include: instance of flatulence.
Definitions include: Extreme halitosis.
Definitions include: a despicable person.
Definitions include: one who appears foolish, like a clown.
Definitions include: the cleft between the buttocks.
Definitions include: very early in the day.
Definitions include: is where you get money for sittin' on your ass.
Definitions include: some location extremely far away.(.)
Other terms relating to 'laugh':
Definitions include: something funny.
Definitions include: to laugh extremely hard.
Definitions include: acronym for &falling off chair, laughing out loud&.
Definitions include: acronym for &falling off chair, rolling on floor, laughing out loud&.
Definitions include: rolling on the floor laughing
Definitions include: acronym for &got a
laughing&.
Definitions include: something funny.
Definitions include: to vomit.
Definitions include: verb. to vomit.
Definitions include: nitrous oxide.
Definitions include: to dismiss emotionally, with laughter.
Definitions include: to laugh very hard.
Definitions include: to laugh at a person or group, making them so embarrassed that they leave.
Definitions include: && with the O replaced with an E.
Definitions include: to vomit.(.)
Other terms relating to 'my':
Definitions include: request for oral sex or as an insult.
Definitions include: a retort.
Definitions include: less common spelling of &&.
Definitions include: alternate spelling and pronunciation of &oh my god&.
Definitions include: military acronym for &, got my orders&.
Definitions include: acronym for & my life.&
Definitions include: & my &, i.e. &for sure my &.
Definitions include: confess to something
Definitions include: Another way to say, &Well, I'll be damned...!&
Definitions include: acronym for &in my arrogant opinion&.
Definitions include: acronym for &in my experience&.
Definitions include: acronym for &in my humble opinion&.
Definitions include: acronym for &in my, not so humble opinion&.
Definitions include: acronym for &in my opinion&.
Definitions include: a term used when observing something (an object, usually) that is completely objectionable or worthless.(.)
Other terms relating to 'off':
Definitions include: what was previously expected to happen may not.
Definitions include: large buttocks.
Definitions include: to move away from.
Definitions include: to masturbate.
Definitions include: to get out of a prior obligation by asking.
Definitions include: to take on a situation one can't master.
Definitions include: to reprimand.
Definitions include: to ignore another person(s) in a rude manner.
Definitions include: to get rid of aggression or anger.
Definitions include: to do something to get rid of negative emotions.
Definitions include: to cheat on one's spouse.
Definitions include: to bore one.
Definitions include: to suggest ideas to another person to get feedback.
Definitions include: annoyed, very cross.
Definitions include: to end a relationship.(.)
Don't click the following.
I use it(691)
No longer use it(56)
Heard it but never used it(1,791)
Have never heard it(315)
Average of 1,002 votes:
Least vulgar&&
&&Most vulgar
Your vote: None
& (To vote, click the pepper.
Vote how vulgar
the word is & not how mean it is.)
JavaScript must be enabled to vote.
Least vulgar&&
&&Most vulgar
Logged-in users can add themselves to the map.
Please turn on IFRAME support to view the map.
To link to this term in a web page or blog, insert the following.
&a href="/meaning-definition-of/lmao"&LMAO&/a&
To link to this term in a wiki such as Wikipedia, insert the following.
[/meaning-definition-of/lmao LMAO]
Some wikis use a different format for links, so be sure to check the documentation.HowStuffWorks
Electronics
How does my iPhone know when the person texting me is typing?
Lots More Information
If you're an iPhone user, this scenario probably sounds familiar: You send someone a message, notice that it's been delivered and read, and then watch three little dots hover in a conversation bubble as you wait expectantly for a reply. But how does your iPhone know when the person texting you is typing?You might have noticed the telltale ellipsis appears only when you're sending and receiving via iM that is, exchanging texts with another user on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. In 2011, Apple introduced iMessage as part of its iOS 5 release [source: ]. The iMessage service, which is built into the iPhone Messages app, looks just like texting but works more like an instant messaging application. When you use your iPhone's messaging app to send a text to another iMessage user, your phone recognizes the recipient's Apple ID and automatically sends the message via the iMessage service [source: ].Unlike , which are sent through your mobile carrier's cellular network, iMessage texts are routed through Apple's servers using a technology called Apple Push Notification service (APNs) [sources: , , ]. The APNs is based on eXtensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP), the same system used by Google Talk and Apple's own iChat instant messaging service [sources: , ]. XMPP provides a way for servers to communicate with one another, allowing a user on one server to receive notifications posted through a different server. Whenever you have a network connection, your iPhone continuously checks with the APNs
to see whether they have anything new to send your way, including text messages, FaceTime calls or alert notifications for other apps [sources: , ]. Because the iPhone at the other end of your text conversation is also communicating with the APNs servers, the servers are able to detect new activity, associate it with your Apple ID and let you know a text is on the way.If your WiFi or cellular network is unavailable, or if you exchange messages with someone on a different mobile operating system, your iPhone will automatically switch from iMessage to standard SMS texting, leaving you in the dark as to whether anyone has read or begun to reply to your message.
Please copy/paste the following text to properly cite this HowStuffWorks article:
Brindle, Beth.& "How does my iPhone know when the person texting me is typing?"& 30 October 2014.& . &/how-does-my-iphone-know-when-person-texting-is-typing.htm& &06 October 2015.
Citation & Date
How does my iPhone know when the person texting me is typing?
Lots More Information
More To Explore
Popular Tech Topics
NFC tags are smart little chips that'll allow you to snag digital information with your smartphone at short range. Get the details on this up-and-coming tag technology in this article.
Is anyone watching you now? If you have Bluetooth enabled on your smart phone, someone might know exactly where you are.
Most Popular
CHECK OUT OUR PODCASTS
Take us with you on your iPad, iPhone or favorite Android device.
NEWSLETTERS
Get the best of HowStuffWorks by email. Keep up to date on:
Latest BuzzStuff Shows & PodcastsTours
Weird & Wacky
Sign-up Now!What does QQ mean? - QQ Definition - Meaning of QQ -
QQ is "Crying" or "Quit"&
QQ Definition / QQ Means
The definition of QQ is "Crying" or "Quit"&
The Meaning of QQ
QQ means "Crying" or "Quit"&
So now you know - QQ means "Crying" or "Quit" - don't thank us.
What does QQ mean? QQ is an acronym, abbreviation or slang word that is explained
above where the QQ definition is given.
Other terms relating to 'crying':
For Crying Out Loud
Crying with joy
Crying My Eyes Out
Crying Out Loud
Crying Real Big Tears
For Crying Out Loud
Laughing So Hard I'm Crying
Rolling On Floor Crying
Other terms relating to 'quit':
Not quite love (&3)
Don't Quit Your Day Job
Laughing Quite Loudly
Not Quite Right
Quite Interesting
To Be Quite Frank
&-- Click To View
To Be Quite Honest
You're Quite Welcome
Trending Now
Top Ten most popular slang look ups today&
NavigationU.S. author Marc Presnky says that at no time in history has technology moved so fast.U.S. author Marc Prensky says that at no time in history has technology moved so fastPrensky defines digital natives as those born into "new culture" while the immigrants are old-world settlersShah says that the works of science fiction may offer the most accurate insight into a futuristic societyThe war between natives and immigrants is ending. The natives have won.It was a bloodless conflict fought not with bullets and spears, but with iPhones and floppy disks. Now the battle between the haves and have-nots can begin. The post-millennial "digital native," a term coined by U.S. author Marc Prensky in 2001 is emerging as the globe's dominant demographic, while the "digital immigrant," becomes a relic of a previous time. The digital native-immigrant concept describes the generational switchover where people are defined by the technological culture which they're familiar with. Prensky defines digital natives as those born into an innate "new culture" while the digital immigrants are old-world settlers, who have lived in the analogue age and immigrated to the digital world. Although not Luddites, the immigrants struggle more than natives to adapt to hi-tech progress.The author of "Teaching Digital Natives," whose success pushed him onto the speaking circuit, says the explosion of technology over the last 10 years is just the start of a symbiotic new world. Computers and handsets are becoming an extension of body and mind, creating a Cyborg-like population.Prensky cites the 100-meter runner Oscar Pistorius, an athlete with prosthetic legs, as an example of how technology is used to enhance our lives. He told CNN: "For humans, what used to be this body of flesh and bone, all that is now just the center... Being human is a moving target." The human race and its struggle to keep up with technologyPrensky says that at no time in history has technology moved so fast. Today the latest high-tech gizmos can be passe even before hitting the shop floors.In the past -- during the post-industrial revolution era, for example -- accelerating technology has plateaued. So, with the meteoric rise of new social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Skype, history suggests the world is overdue for a slowdown. But Prensky says this time, any slowdown in the digital age is a "myth," as innovation will only press forward "faster... And faster and faster." He told CNN: "We are not going through a transition to another faze of stability, and that is the key point. People will always be behind now and that will be a stress they have to cope with."The new normConnecting with one another in the modern world requires a knack for social networking and texting, which is the norm for the digital native. But for the immigrant, it can be akin to learning a whole new language.Prensky illustrates his point with former director of the CIA David Petraeus. In November, he was embroiled in a scandal that revealed he had an affair with Paula Broadwell.
The FBI uncovered the affair while it investigated e-mails that Broadwell allegedly sent to a Petraeus family friend, Jill Kelley.Prensky labels this naivety by immigrants as "digital stupidity" -- by assuming that when people decide to post online or send e-mails, they believe privacy is automatically applicable. "People get frightened by change and they should be. They need courage to face the future these days, especially those who feel left behind." Prensky said. "People adapt instinctively and humans are very good at that. The young people the older people see the changing context and struggle."Digital povertyAs technology filters into every corner of the globe and tech cities spring up in some unlikely places from Bangalore to Tel Aviv, a new gulf is emerging to separate the digitally savvy from the disconnected: Poverty. In India, over two-thirds of the population live on less than $2 a day, according to the World Bank. But a
still says that mobile phones are more common than toilets, with nearly half of India's 1.2 billion population armed with a handset. Nishant Shah, a director at the Centre for Internet and Society in India, told CNN that defining natives and immigrants by generation is a "serious concern." According to Shah, Prensky's views were formed from the "privileged" position of living in the U.S. Shah added: "[Prensky's] observations may describe a generation gap that the U.S. faced, but if you transplant the same definition to other parts of the world, natives are sometimes indistinguishable from immigrants."The real fear for Shah is the new hierarchies created by digital literacy and the class systems that will be shaped by access to digital technologies.The call of the developing worldAs mobile networks extend their reach and areas become increasingly urbanized, Western tech companies are seeking to tap markets with large populations.Last year, Finnish phone maker Nokia released a range of smart phones targeted at consumers in emerging markets, particularly in Asia, to compete with cheaper Android devices. But Shah argues bombarding a country with technology and infrastructure is not a rounded solution to the digital poverty problem. India, for example, has connectivity and access in abundance, but the country continues to suffer from a generation of "digitally poor classes." He argues that simply providing the equipment does not help young people understand how that technology can better their lives without education and training.Shah told CNN: "Just because young people have tech access in India, it doesn't make them digital natives." He added, "It creates digital outcasts -- people whose supposed problem of access to the world has been resolved."
Prensky, however, believes a "networked planet" is a sign developing nations will soon close the digital divide. Even those who don't yet have the technology still know that it exists, and will have it before long. The world in 2020By 2020, Prensky predicts people across the globe will be plugged into the "AORTA," --
-- a term coined by Mark Anderson, the chief of the Strategic News Service -- specializing in technology news. A future in which people are constantly able to access information and news from anywhere on the planet.Shah says that the works of science fiction may offer the most accurate insight into our futuristic society.
He said: "The presents that we live in, are the futures that our pasts have imagined.""Let us hope that the technologies of the future will also be designed to protect that which is sacred, and that which is important in our own understanding of being human."}

我要回帖

更多关于 what does it mean by 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信