道客巴巴认证
机构认证专区
加  展示
享受成长特权
官方公共微信答案:C;A;A;D解析:
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:名师伴读高中英语二年级上
&&& Do you ever have days when everything seems to go wrong? Sarah Rosenbaum does. In fact, last week nothing seemed to go right for her at all…  
&&& On Monday her mom and dad were out, so Sarah decided to have a TV dinner. She wanted to switch the oven off at 7: 30 but she was practicing the cello, and it wasn't until 8 o'clock that she suddenly realized: she had forgotten her TV dinner ! She rushed into the kitchen, but it was too
everything was black.  
&&& On Tuesday she offered to clean up the apartment for her parents. After she had vacuumed the carpets, she threw away a pile of old newspapers and computer magazines. The next day, dad asked where they were. He wanted to cut our an article he had seen in one of the computer magazines, and he was furious when he found out that Sarah had thrown them away. On Wednesday she took Foxy for a walk in the park and lost him. She looked for him everywhere, but he had disappeared. The stupid dog came back later, but that was after Mrs Rosenbaum had telephoned nearly everybody in the neighborhood.  
&&& Thursday went all right until the evening. Sarah put the dirty things in the dish-washer and
switched it on, but when she emptied it later, two of the glasses she had put in were broken. Her mom wasn't very pleased because she always washed the good glasses by hand.  
&&& Now it was Friday, and Sarah wanted to go the hamburger drive-in with Nacy, Bob and Mike that evening. But she had already spent her pocket money. In fact, she had spent it on Monday, just after mom had given it to her. “Shall I ask dad for the money for tonight?” She wondered. “After all the stupid things I did this week. ”  
1.What happened to Sarah on Monday?  
[  ]  
A.She got everything black.  
B.She ruined her TV dinner.  
C.She forgot the time.  
D.Her parents were out without her.  
2.On ________, Sarah found out that she had made a mistake to throw away
______ .   
[  ]  
A.Tuesday, computer magazines  
B.Wednesday, a pile of old newspapers  
C.Wednesday, computer magazine  
D.Thurday, a pile of old newspapers and computer magazines  
3.Sarah's father was furious when he found out that Sarah had thrown the magazines away. “Furious” is close in meaning to  
[  ]  
A.disappointed  
B.curious  
C.delighted  
D.angry  
4.What made her worried on Friday?  
[  ]  
A.She did all the stupid things that week.  
B.Her mother gave her pocket money on Monday.  
C.She broke two
of the glasses.  
D.She had no money left to go to the hamburg drive-in with her friends.  
5.What is the best title for the passage?  
[  ]  
A.A Busy Week.  
B.Everything Goes Well.  
C.What a Week!  
D.An Unlucky Girl.  
  Visitors to Switzerland usually include Basel in their list of cities to visit. It has a population of over350 000, the majority of whom speak German. However, it is considered a kind of international city, because it stands at the point where three countries meet. Many visitors go to the place in the city where a small three side marker stays?  
France on one side, Germany on another, and Switzerland on the third. The Rhine, which divides the city, becomes wide and deep enough just at this point for ships to sail all the way up to the North Sea. Basel is quite an old city, too, having risen five centuries ago. The University Basel was founded in 1860, and it is well-known today.  
1.Basel is a ________.  
[  ]  
A.Swiss city  
B.Sweden country  
C.German  
D.France  
2.Basel is know as a place where ________.  
[  ]  
A.people from three countries often hold meetings  
B.the people originally(原来) came from three countries  
C.people can stand on the border of three countries  
D.the majority of the people can speak three different languages  
3.-Why do you suppose people can reach Basel by ship?  
-Because they can sail along the Rhine from ________ to the city.  
[  ]  
A.France  
B.Germany  
C.Switzerland  
D.the North Sea  
4.Basel is also well-known for ________.  
[  ]  
A.being a very modern city  
B.having a famous old university  
C.having an international market  
D.being a city on the Rhine  
5.Which is the best title for this passage?  
[  ]  
A.Visitors to Switzerland Must Go to Basel
B.Three Countries' Basel
C.Basel, a Visitor's Must
D.Basel. What a Wonderful City
来源:福建省晋江市养正中学学年高一下学期第一次月考英语试题
  Many people like the feeling of the gentle wind in spring.Many like to see the falling leaves dancing in the wind in autumn.But sometimes, when the wind becomes a storm, it can be very destructive(毁灭性的).
  A series of such storms struck the US last month and caused very serious damage and human pain.
  Every year, major storms cause many problems around the world.There is nothing people can do to stop these powerful forces of nature.But new techniques are helping scientists to predict(预测)how, when, and where big storms will happen.The more exact scientists' warnings are, the better people can prepare for the storms.
  Predictions are improving.“We've gotten better over the years, especially the last few years,”says Phil Klotzback, a scientist at an American university.How is a storm formed? Even if scientists know where a storm will happen, winds can suddenly change, carrying the storm to a new direction.“For a hurricane to happen, conditions have to be just right,”Klotzback says.
  First, the ocean water needs to be warm enough so that it evaporates and rises into the air.As it rises, the vapor(水蒸气)cools and turns back into liquid.This process gives off heat.This produces energy like an engine that causes winds to increase.It drives the formation(形成)of a hurricane.
  If wind speeds reach 40 miles per hour, the system is called a“tropical storm”(热带风暴), and it gets a name.At 75 miles per hour, it becomes a hurricane.
  Hurricanes that hit the US start when a thunderstorm forms off the coast of Africa.Storms also develop over tropical waters in other parts of the world.
  On average, 60 or 70 storms form off Africa every year.About 10 of them get names.There are usually about six hurricanes.Two tend to be very big, with winds of 115 miles per hour or higher.
  The hurricane season lasts from June to November.Ninety percent of all hurricanes hit in August, September, and October.
According to the passage, hurricanes usually ________.
form off the coast of Africa and America
travel at 40 miles per hour and get its name
hit parts of the world in summer and autumn
cause sea winds to rise and blow over the sea
The underlined word“evaporates”(in Paragraph 5)probably means“________”.
begins to move
changes into a gas
becomes hot
Which of the following about the information of a hurricane is in the correct order?
a.The ocean water evaporates and goes into the air.
b.Heat creates energy and causes winds to increase.
c.The vapor cools.
d.The ocean water is warm enough.
e.The vapor changes back into liquid.
f.This course gives out heat.
a, d, e, b, c, f
a, b, c, f, d, e
d, a, b, c, e, f
d, a, c, e, f, b
Which of the following statements is NOT true?
One out of six or seven storms get names.
Every year at least 60 storms form off Africa.
The speed of the biggest two hurricanes reaches 115miles per hour.
About one third of the hurricanes tend to be very big.
来源:安徽省蚌埠铁中2012届高三上学期期中考试英语试题
  Watching 3D films such as Avatar could give some viewers headaches, experts have warned.
  The success of James Cameron's science-fiction blockbuster(卖座的大片), which has already taken more than $1 billion(£600 million)at the box office, is fuelling a surge in popularity for three-dimensional movies and new 3D television sets.
  But prolonged viewing may result in an aching head, according to Dr Michael Rosenberg, an ophthalmology(眼科学)professor at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago.
  He said:"There are a lot of people walking around with very minor eye problems, for example a minor muscle imbalance, which under normal circumstances the brain deals with naturally."
  Watching a 3D movie confronts viewers with an entirely new sensory experience."That translates into greater mental effort, making it easier to get a headache," he said.
  Dr Deborah Friedman, a professor of ophthalmology and neurology(神经学)at the University of Rochester Medical Center in New York, said:"If your eyes are a little off to begin with then it's really throwing a whole degree of effort that your brain now needs to exert.This disparity for some people will give them a headache."
  Experts say there are no studies tracking how common it is to get a headache after watching a 3D film.
  Rick Heineman, a spokesman for RealD, which provides 3D equipment to cinemas, said headaches and nausea were the main reasons 3D technology never took off before.
  But he said new digital technology addresses many of the problems that had previously caused sore heads.
What can we learn from what Dr Michael Rosenberg said?
A lot of people prefer walking around with very minor eye problems to sitting silently watching 3D films.
The brain can deal with very minor eye problems under normal circumstances naturally.
A lot of people haven’t got very minor eye problems when viewing films under normal circumstances.
People come into very minor eye problems and a minor muscle imbalance when watching 3D films.
What does the underlined word “prolonged” in the 3rd paragraph mean?
continuous
According to the passage, which of the following is TRUE?
It has taken less than $1 billion to make the popularity of three-dimensional movies and new 3D television sets.
Watching a 3D movie leaves viewers confronted with an entirely new sensory experience.
There are studies tracking how common it is to get a headache after watching a 3D film.
Rick Heineman said that 3D technology would never take off headaches and nausea in future.
What’s the main idea of the passage?
The expert warns the readers not to watch 3D films because of resulting in an aching head.
New digital technology gives viewers headaches and eye problems.
The experts are studying how to get rid of many of the problems that have previously caused sore heads.
Viewing 3D films may result in some side-effect problems such as headaches.
来源:0101
题型:阅读理解
阅读理解。
&&&& The management and staff are happy to welcome you and will do all they can to make your stay an enjoyable one.                     &&&& MEAL TIMES   &&&& Our overnight charge includes a continental-type breakfast.   &&&& Breakfast: 7:30-9:30 a. m.   &&&& Lunch: 12:00-2:00 p. m.   &&&& Afternoon tea: 4:00-5:30 p. m.   &&&& Dinner: 7:00-9:15 p. m.   &&&& Meals can be served in rooms at a small extra charge. We regret that meals cannot be served outside these times.   &&&& Light refreshments including tea, coffee, biscuits and sandwiches, can be served in rooms between 10:00 a. m. and 11:00 p. m. except during the meal times listed above. Cold drinks are available in the room refrigerator.                    &&&& &&&& ROOM CLEANING   &&&& Please hang the appropriate sign on your door handle if you do not wish to be disturbed. It will be easier for the maids if you can leave the room temporarily at any time between 9:30 a. m. and 4:00 p. m.                     &&&&& VALUABLES   &&&& We are not responsible for the loss of money, jewellery, or other valuables unless they are kept in the safe and signed for by the manager.                     &&&&& DEPARTURES   &&&& Please inform receptionists of your intended leaving before 9:30 a. m. of the day concerned and leave the room by noon to allow for its preparation for incoming guests. If circumstances (情况) require, luggage can be left in the charge of the hall porter.                   &&&& A SPECIAL REQUEST   &&&& We would respectfully suggest that in consideration of the comfort of other guests, the volume of radios and televisions should be turned down after 11:00 p. m. 1. Meals can be served _______.  A. outside the room at 3:00 p. M. B. in the dining-room at 6:00 p. m.   C. in the dining-room from 7:30 a. m. to 9:15 p. M. D. in rooms at 9:00 p. m. 2. If you intend to leave the room tomorrow, you may leave at any of the following hours except _______.   A. 3:00 p. m.     B. 12:00 a. m. C. 10:00 a. m.     D. 11:00 a. m.  3. Where is this notice most likely to be found?   A. At restaurants.    B. In shops. C. In hotels.      D. In the newspapers.  4. What can we conclude from the last paragraph?   A. You should respect the other guests.   B. You are not allowed to use radios and televisions.   C. You shouldn't make the radios and televisions too loud after 11:00 p.m.   D. To comfort others, you should turn off radios and televisions after 11:00 p.m.您所在位置: &
&nbsp&&nbsp&nbsp&&nbsp
2013英语-初中一年级(上学期)-期中试卷含答案.doc13页
本文档一共被下载:
次 ,您可免费全文在线阅读后下载本文档
文档加载中...广告还剩秒
需要金币:100 &&
你可能关注的文档:
··········
··········
期中复习(上学期)?期中测试题(A)
?Ⅰ.?词汇(10%) 1.?My?sister?is?____________? care ?enough?to?find?out?every?small?mistake.? 2.?English?is?very?____________? difference ?from?Chinese.? 3.?Which?do?you?like?____________? well ,?basketball?or?soccer?? 4.?This?case?is?____________? heavy ?than?that?one.? 5.?Don't?take?it?seriously.?I?just?say?it?for?____________? funny .? ? Ⅱ.?从Ⅱ栏中找出与I栏相对应的答语(10%) Ⅰ ????????Ⅱ 1.?How?long?does?it?take?to?get?there?????A.?It's?very?fine.? 2.?Where?do?you?work????????B.?At?6?o'clock.? 3.?How?oftendoeshegototheconcert?C.Inafactorynearhere.?4.Whendoyougetup?D.He'sfine.?5.Howoldisyourgrandpa?E.Twohoursbycar.?6.Howistheweather?F.Jimis.?7.Howisyourboy?G.He'ssixty-four.?8.Howfaristhetown?H.Yes,Ido.?9.WhoisMary'sbrother?I.Sevenmiles.?10.Doyouhavetogonow?J.Twiceamonth.??Ⅲ.?选择填空(10%) 1.?My?father?is?a?doctor.?He?____________?on?Saturday?or?Sunday.? A.?no?work????????B.?isn't?work C.?don't?work????????D.?doesn't?work 2.?―We?are?twelve?years?old.?And?____________?you?? ―I'm?eleven.? A.?what?are????????B.?how?are C.?what?aboutD.whenare 3.____________isitfromyourhometoschool??Oh,onlyonekilometer.?A.HowmuchB.Howfar C.HowmanyD.Hownice 4.Wouldyouliketogoboatingwithme??____________.?A.Yes,pleaseB.Yes,I'dliketo C.Yes,IlikeD.Yes,Iwould 5.MybrotherTomis____________thanme____________English.?A.atB.in C.atDin ?Ⅳ.?完形填空(20%) Henry?is?a?little?fatter?than?he?wants?to?be.?He ?1 to?lose?some?weight.?So?he?is?on?diet.?He?tries?not?to?eat?too ?2 and?he?eats?very?little?sugar?because?it?will?make?him ?3 .?He?also?does?exercises?every ?4 .?He?swims?very?often,? 5 he?runs?about?two?kilometers?a?day.?Now?he?is ?6 than?before.?Henr0y's?sister
正在加载中,请稍后...Flying the uncertain skies with the latest Phantom drone
not yet a member of the Engadget community?
DJI Phantom 2 Vision+
The answer to the boy's question is no, it doesn't shoot... unless you're talking about video. The answer to dad's question is much less open to interpretation -- the Phantom 2 Vision+ costs $1,299, which includes a 1080p camera built in, plus a three-way brushless gimbal (the part that keeps the camera stable). The Vision+ is a ready-to-fly, all-in-one video-recording drone that lets amateurs like me record silky-smooth, almost cinematic aerial video. A fact that brings us to something of a fork in the road where drones are concerned.
Remote-control drones have been used by the ,
teams, big-budget video productions and the . They're also popular with
and hobby enthusiasts, but other than the odd $50 toy, they've never really crossed over to the mainstream. DJI isn't the only company that makes consumer-friendly drones, but it's the company leading the market. Its Phantom models require no assembly, and are (relatively) easy to fly. They have an impressive flying range, a decent 20 or so minutes of airtime per charge and a host of other premium features (including GPS, return to home and different flying modes). The Phantom 2 Vision+, with its built-in camera and smooth video (the first
were marred by unstable footage), could bring quadcopters, aerial photography and a whole bunch of privacy issues firmly into public consciousness.
After my maiden flight, I take the Vision+ on a trip to the seaside town of Bournemouth, UK, on a sunny Saturday. It's mid-spring and a steady flow of ice-cream-holding day-trippers
small groups of people dot the beach. I'll admit, I'm nervous about flying the drone. Am I allowed to? Are there laws against this (the UK Civil Aviation Authority has , peppered with terms like "substantially" and "near")? These are the questions in my mind.
The Vision+ shows you what the built-in camera sees in real time, often referred to as First Person View (FPV), through an app for your phone. The same app is where you change camera settings, angle (through 90 degrees) and swap between photo and video modes. It also locates your drone on a map (should it tank while out of sight), and displays battery status. If you have a GPS lock at takeoff, there are fail-safes that bring the drone back to you when battery levels are critically low. You don't want to rely on fail-safes, though. Having real-time info is immensely reassuring.
That's until the connection between app and drone breaks. This happens one time as I'm flying above the sea. I still have full control of the Vision+; I just can't rely on FPV for navigation. Basic flying may be simple, but it's still easy to get in a pickle. Forward on the controller relates to the direction when it's facing you, pushing forward will fly it toward you. Sometimes, when trying to avoid something, it's easy to fly in the wrong direction (often it's better to shoot straight up). On this occasion, the video connection restores after about 20 seconds. Long enough that I decide to play it safe and bring the Vision+ back in to land. Besides, a small crowd has gathered behind they're either curious onlookers, or the beginnings of a mob.
Later, I take the Vision+ to a quiet location by a harbor. The weather is bright and sunny, with a moderate wind. Setting up the Vision+ for flight isn't difficult, but the last and vital step is to let the drone get a GPS lock -- which takes about 30 seconds. Without it, the drone could drift in the wind and disappear entirely. With GPS lock, when you take your hands off the controller, it'll keep its location.
On one flight, I lost the GPS signal, and within seconds the drone drifted 50 feet -- fortunately close to the ground, before ditching. Another use for the GPS is restricted flying zones. With this info loaded, you can't launch your drone near an airport. Or, if you're a bit farther away, you can only fly to a certain altitude. Aviation authorities are still catching up with what to do about consumer drones, but incidents are
that could lead to more restrictive legislation.
At one point I take it high above the harbor, and I nearly lose sight of the Vision+. Thanks to the app, I can see what it is seeing. But I can only just see it. It feels weird. You know it's up there, and you can control it, but it's also unsettling -- like riding a bicycle with your eyes closed. Before long, the Vision+ attracts the attention of a local kite flier. He marches over, informing me he'd seen these things online, and that "they go for, what, about &200?" He seems confident with his assessment of what the Vision+ is worth. He tells me I should definitely mention how high it flies in my review. Theoretically it flies to at least 1,000 feet. Maybe more, but I'm too I chicken to find out and bring it down to a more manageable level. Pro tip: This descent feels like it takes forever, especially when you're being scrutinized watched by a know-it-all kite flier.
The only other time the Vision+ nearly goes out of visible range is on my second-ever flight. I had it high enough that there was no chance of collisions, with a clear line of sight for its return. The truth is, no matter how confident you are, even with a video feed, flying almost blind is dangerous. I guided the drone back using the FPV until I got a better visual on it, but had that link broken (like it did on later flights) I could have been stuck hoping the GPS/return-to-home mechanism came through.
On assignment, I lug the Vision+ halfway around the planet . Fortunately, the drone is incredibly light (1.2kg/2.8 pounds). I bought a backpack built for transporting the Vision+, and I'm happy I did. The case is also light, but rugged, and the drone feels safe inside. It's on this trip I realize how popular DJI's Phantom line is. I spot a number of them, most with GoPros (only the "Vision" models come with a camera built in). While the camera on the Vision+ is decent, the video can appear washed out sometimes, or fuzzy when you move the drone quickly (it's full HD, and also takes 14-megapixel photos). If you want to add your own camera, the popular choice is a GoPro. It's conveniently sized, and has plenty of accessories for attaching it to DJI drones.
It's in Hawaii that I get a sense of what might be over the horizon in the world of drone flying. Coincidentally, I'm at a GoPro event. It's here I meet, and share the skies with, a number of other pilots for the first time. Standing between two trees, looking out over Kuilima Cove, I meet Roland. I assume he's part of the GoPro party, filming for them. I introduce myself, and learn that Roland's just here on vacation, a drone enthusiast out in the wild, soaking up the coastal views with his DJI Phantom. He tells me he likes to push them "pretty hard," and that he's lost one already (he spares no more details than that). His Phantom hovers over a group of kayakers heading out from the beach. One of them looks up and sees the drone, giving a wave as they pass underneath. Roland's not using FPV; he's just a skilled pilot, and manages to float his craft in the right place from quite far away. If the DJI app has taught me one thing, it's that my depth perception is
terrible at worst.
It's later when I am flying the Vision+ on the other side of the cape that I have a wake-up call. My drone is high, with the camera facing straight down. On my FPV, I see another DJI drone come into view and fly directly underneath mine. It's not R it's yet another pilot. We're both flying above some surfers in the water. I've spotted it, but I don't know if the other pilot has spotted me. Neither of us can see each other, so we're unable to communicate at all. If I take my Vision+ any lower, we'll have a real risk of collision, and with many people below and eight spinning rotors in play, it's risky at best. I bring it in to land to be on the safe side. As fun as flying the drone is, it's a test of your nerves at times.
In the weeks I've had the DJI drone, a number of newcomers join the consumer-friendly UAV market. Kickstarter has seen two - 'copters get funded, like
before them. DJI is no doubt already cooking up its next craft, too. That's a lot drones headed for inexperienced hands. My fear is that as numbers increase, people will start flying them in populated or . How
will it take before lawmakers re-think current legislation?
When I started flying the Vision+, I expected the public to be suspicious. In reality, everyone I met was genuinely curious, or entertained by it. Even when they were aware it had a camera, they seemed OK with it. No one ever told me to move along, or that I shouldn't be flying/filming here. I fear that won't be the case for long.
Anxieties aside, I'm hooked on flying the DJI. Already I've been researching scenic locations and accessories to geek out on. At $1,299 (for the camera-enabled model), it's not cheap. But, with new competition on the way, DJI will want to maintain its head start. Given the amount of time between its
(less than four months), it might not be too long until the next model takes off.
With more drones in the skies, the potential for accidents can only increase. How long before there's a defining case, or a change in public perception due to increased privacy concerns? Perhaps, like the cameraphone, the gradual introduction of more flying cameras will lead us to adapt and become more comfortable with them. The only thing for sure is that with drones like the Vision+, that future isn't far around the corner, and the skies will be buzzing with people ready to film it.
Featured Stories
Sponsored Content}

我要回帖

更多关于 the flying hat 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信