文档大小:121KB
所属点数: 2点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 2 点,】
资料概述与简介
重庆市南开中学高2013届高三(上)12月月考
本试卷满分150分。考试时间120分钟。
一、听力(共三节,满分30分)
第一节(共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)
请听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
第二节(共12小题;每小题1.5分,满分18分)
请听下面4段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,每小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第6段材料,回答第6至8题。
听第7段材料,回答第9至11题。
lay sports .
B. Have a party with his friends .
C. See the house with the woman .
10. What does the woman think of the man at first ?
A. He is lazy .
B. He is selfish .
C. He is great .
11. What surprises the man ?
A. The woman wants to move early in the morning .
B. The woman wants to borrow his car .
C. The woman will work on Saturday .
听第8段材料,回答第12至14题。
’s 100-metre semi-finals begin ?
A. At a quarter to eight .
C. At a quarter past eight .
C. At a quarter to ten .
13. How long did the Olympics last in 1908 ?
A. From July to August .
B. From April to October .
C. From July to October .
14. Where will the tour go next ?
A. The main stadium .
B. The tennis stadium .
C. The basketball stadium .
听第9段材料,回答第15至17题。
’s mother use to make the costumes ?
A. To make kids excited .
B. To save money .
C. To dress kids up as she liked .
17. What does Halloween mean to the man ?
A. Good memories .
B. Making new friends .
C. Playing with his kids .
第三节(共3小题;每小题1.5分,满分4.5分)
请听下面一段独白,用所听到的独白中的词或数填空,每空限填一个词或一个数。填入的内容要写在答题卡相应的位置上。在听本段独白前,你将有时间阅读各小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。本段独白读两遍。
听第10段材料,回答第18至20题。
Time 7:00 p.m., the 27th of October , Friday
Places Rasa Restaurant at
Stoke Newington High Street
Routes Bus No.73 , 253,112 to the Stoke Newington area
to Bethnal Green Station
activities Having drinks at Larry’s , a bar in the east end at 27 Church Street
Eating at the 24-hour bakery five
away on Brick Lane
二、单项选择(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)
请从A,B,C,D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
I got wild with joy when I caught __________ sight of my missing cat at __________ corner of the street .
A. the , a
C. / , the
D. the , the
22. – Sorry , I can’t go to the cinema with you tonight .
-- __________ What’s wrong ?
A. No doubt .
B. No wonder .
C. How come ?
D. So what ?
23. I rushed to the airport , __________ I had left my ticket at home .
A. finding
B. Having found
D. only to find
24. Who __________ be the guy that helped himself to the money on the table ?
25. It’s reported that in the last 40 years large quantities of farmland __________ to desert .
A. has been lost
B. have been lost
C. was lost
D. were lost
26. Now almost all of the classmates have known that Ted was a thief before he __________ to their class .
A. had come
D. has come
27. I should have told his parents the truth , but I __________ .
B. was lying
C. had lied
D. were to lie
28. There __________ a subway nearby , the new block of apartments sold well .
C. would be
29. It may rain , in __________ case the hike will be canceled .
30. I tried to find a hat for my grandma but __________ was available from that small shop .
A. nothing
C. neither
31. In some ways , __________ side wins the battle is a loser as well .
A. whatever
B. whichever
C. no matter what
D. no matter which
32. It is said that it was about 76 years after the Chinese discovered the Diaoyu Island __________ the Japanese discovered it .
33. Such a selfish guy __________ that few people would like to __________ .
A. is he , make friends with him
B. he is , make friends with him
C. is he , make friends with
D. he is , make friends with
34. I drink black coffee __________ he prefers it with cream .
A. however
B. although
C. despite
35. – Are you tired after so many hours on the flight ?
-- __________ . I’ve got to fight to keep my eyes open right now .
A. Not a little
B. Not likely
C. Not really
D. Not in the least
三、完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)
A winter semester during college in New York , I took an 8:00 a.m. history class . I needed to get rid of my
, so I created a little game for myself . I tried to find something from his lecture to ask a question about , forcingt me to
rather than letting my eyes close .
The first time I raised my hand , he was surprised , but obviously pleased to have a question to answer .
, his answers were always interesting . I continued to do this every day in the course and found myself actually
the material . The professor became a bit more relaxed and some other students also
me in asking questions . My little game had avoided me from being bored , as it was
to do . I also learned a lot about world history in the discussions . The professor obviously knew his material , but had a hard time
it on to his undergraduates in an interesting way .
On the last day of class , the shy professor stepped directly in front of me as I reached the door . “ Thank you for making this class so interesting , ” he said . I was so
45 I had no idea that my asking questions had an effect on him and the others at all .
That moment has stayed with me for 30 years . Each of us can have a(n)
not just on our own experiences , but on those of others , and I’ll never forget the professor who taught me a lesson about the power of acts of kindness , intended
36. A. Peaceful B. Nervous C. Accustomed D. Absent
37. A. frequently B. suddenly C. nearly D. scarcely
38. A. boredom B. surprise C. tension D. anxiety
39. A. stare B. concentrate C. comment D. present
40. A. Therefore B. Otherwise C. Though D. Still
41. A. improving B. writing C. misunderstanding D. enjoying
42. A. welcomed B. liked C. joined D. appreciated
43. A. reminded B. required C. expected D. convinced
44. A. carrying B. passing C. bringing D. putting
45. A. ashamed B. relieved C. satisfied D. surprised
46. A. idea B. effect C. effort D. power
47. A. but B. for C. and D. or
It is not so much what happens to each of us that determines our quality of life , but rather our reaction to what happens . No choice as we may have in unexpected events , we most certainly have choice in
we interpret what happens , and in what we choose to do about it . These choices make all the
in how we experience our world .
Every moment something is happening in our lives . And every moment we make a decision or a
about what happens . By choosing to become more
of how we react to what happens , we can shift towards what we really want in our lives .
following habitual , reactive patterns which
more of the same , we can recognize and
our old habits to move powerfully in the
of creating the life we really want .
48. A. what B. whether C. that D. how
49. A. difference B. trouble C. progress D. measure
50. A. mistake B. judgment C. discovery D. suggestion
51. A. conscious B. sensitive C. typical D. tolerant
52. A. Regardless of B. According to C. Rather than D. Apart from
53. A. result from B. lead to C. lie in D. call for
54. A. develop B. follow C. transform D. exchange
55. A. edge B. center C. way D. direction
四、阅读理解(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)
请阅读下列短文,从每篇短文后所给各题的A,B,C,D四个选项中,选出最佳选项。
A little boy decided to go for a swim in the old swimming hole behind his house . He flew into the water , not realizing that as he swam toward the middle of the lake , an alligator(鳄鱼)was swimming toward the shore . His mother – in the house was looking out of the window – saw the two as they got closer and closer together , so she ran toward the water , yelling to her son as loudly as she could .
Hearing her voice , the little boy became alarmed and made a return to swim to his mother . It was too late . Just as he reached her , the alligator reached him .
From the dock , the mother grabbed her little boy by the arms just as the alligator snatched his legs . Then began an incredible tug-of-war between the two . The alligator was much stronger than the mother , but the mother was much too passionate to let go . A farmer happened to drive by , heard her screams , raced from his truck , took aim and shot the alligator .
Remarkably , after weeks and weeks in the hospital , the little boy survived . His legs were extrernely scarred by the vicious attack of the animal and , on his arms , were deep scratches where his mother’s fingernails dug into his flesh in her effort to hang on to the son she loved .
When interviewed after the experience , the boy showed the scars on his legs . And then , whith obvious pride , he said to the reporter , “ I have great sears on my arms , too . I have them because my mom wouldn’t let go ! ”
Like the little boy , we all have scars . No , not from an alligator , but the scars of a painful past . Some of those scars cause us deep regret . But , some wounds are because God has refused to let go . In the midst of your struggle , He’s been there holding on to you .
56. What saved the boy ?
A. The mother’s warning .
B. A passing farmer’s help .
C. The boy’s quick reaction .
D. The boy’s strong will to live .
57. Why was the boy proud of the scars on his arms ?
A. Because he thought they could show how brave he was .
B. Because he knew they were symbols of his mother’s love .
C. Because his survival made him grateful to his mother .
D. Because the scars gave him a lesson and let him grow up .
58. What does the author imply by saying “ we all have scars ” ?
A. He implies that everyone has the experience of getting hurt .
B. He wants to show that life is full of difficulties and struggles .
C. He aims to tell the readers that nobody is perfect .
D. He indicates that we should get over the past , just like the boy .
59. The best title for this passage would be __________ .
A. Courage and Scars
B. The Power of Love
C. The Scars of Love
D. Love and Letting Go
Visiting London can be an expensive trip , so establishing a budget and finding bargains when you arrive will help you get around London on the cheap . The following steps can help you find cheaper laternatives for transport for your london trip .
· Familiarze yourself with the city’s boroughs and specifically the area where you will be staying . You can use a street map , or an online map search engine , to establish where in the city you will be staying and the distance you are from the major tourist attractions you want to visit .
· Find a local provider of Transport for London tickets or travel cards , since your first bargain purchase will be an Oyster Card . Traveling around London with an Oyster Card will give you access to the cheapest option of transportation methods and the Oyster Card is accepted citywide on buses , boats and the London Underground , known by the locals as “ the tube . ”
· Seek out your nearest Tube Station . The Tube is the cheap0est and most reliable form of transportation and runs from around 6 a.m. until around 1 a.m.., depending on the line or the station .
There are 287 tube stations in London that accept the Oyster Card , with a high concentration in central London . If you are staying anywhere in central London , there will be a tube station less than 10 minutes away .
The Transport for London website offers a tube station search facility to find the nearest subway station to any location in the city . When you find a tube station , you can easily locate the closest bus stop by using the comparison bus-tube maps at the station’s entrance .
· Follow the Transport for London Tube Guide to your destinations and always plan ahead . Making a plan for transport will save you unnecessary expenses , wasted trips on the tube and doubling back on your jouney .
60. What’s the author’s purpose in writing the passage ?
A. To introduce the public transport system in London .
B. To show readers how to use the Oyster Card .
C. To prove the subway in London is easy to use .
D. To offer tips for saving transport costs in London .
61. Which of the following can help a traveler spend the least money on transport ?
A. Trying different transportation methods .
B. Taking buses as much as possible .
C. Traveling with an Oyster Card .
D. Making a plan before your journey .
62. By visiting the Transport for London website , people can __________ .
A. identify their own location
B. locate the nearest bus station
C. find the nearest subway station
D. use an online map to avoid getting lost
63. We can conclude from the passage that __________ .
A. the subway is the cheapest means of transport in London .
B. only Tube stations in Central London accept Oyster Card .
C. subway lines in London run no less than 19 hours a day .
D. the transfer from subway to bus is very convenient .
As many as half of Facebook users are risking psychological damage from using the site to spy on ex-lovers , according to new research .
Two of the most cited reasons for accessing Facebook are to keep in touch with others and to secretly monitor them – with between a third and half of users using it to check up on ex-partners . With close to a billion users , it means hundreds of millions may be finding it more difficult to get over a broken romance .
Psychologist Dr Tara Marshall said in the past , such spying and keeping tabs with what your ex was up to was challenging . You could try to pry(打听)information from his or her friends , telephone , or drop by their place , but it was usually unlikely you would turn up much useful information . This made it easy for people to distance themselves from the relationship and move on an emotionally healthy breakup . But as long as you remain “ friends ” with your ex on Facebook , they are now able to keep up with everything you are doing . While satisfying a certain curiosity factor , it seems likely that it would make it far more difficult to actually emotionally distance yourself from your past relationship .
In a survey of 464 participants , most of whom were undergraduate students , she found people who remain Facebook friends with an ex-partner will experience poorer breakup adjustment and personal growth relative to those who do not . The findings suggest continued online exposure to an ex-romantic partner may inhibit post-breakup recovery .
Notably , frequent monitoring of an ex-partner’s Facebook page and list of friends was associated with greater distress . Dr Brenda Wiederhold , editor of Cyberpsychology , Behaviour and Social Networking which published the research , added : “ This study sees again virtual life mirroring real life . Just as real life contact with ex-partners may inhibit growth , healing , and well-being , so may virtual contact . ”
64. What’s the risk of remaining Facebook friends with one’s ex-lover ?
A. It may lead to scrious psychological diseases .
B. Recovery from a breakup will get more difficult .
C. One’s curiosity about his/her ex will be satisfied .
D. It can make one feel guilty because it is immoral .
65. The underlined word “ inhibit ” probably means __________ .
A. prevent
B. promote
66. Which of the following statements would Dr Brenda Wiederhold agree with ?
A. Getting addicted to Facebook can do damage to the users’ psychology .
B. Undergraduate students are mature enough to start a relationship .
C. Both virtue and real life contact with ex-partners can bring suffering .
D. Online exposure to one’s ex-partner is different from real life contact .
67. Where is the passage probably taken from ?
A. A psychology magazine .
B. A scientific report .
C. A love guide for students .
D. A specch about social websites .
Sandy , one of the biggest storms ever to hit the United States , attacked the nation’s eastern seaboard on Tuesday , swallowing New York City streets with record levels of floodwater , blacking out power to millions of people and bringing transportation to a halt through much of the region .
At least 36 people were reported killed in the US by Sandy , which dropped just below hurricane status before going ashore in New Jersey on Monday , according to officials and media reports . More than 1 million people across a dozen states were under orders to evacuate as the damaging system continued to move westward .
One disaster forecasting company predicted that economic losses could ultimately reach $20 billion , only half insured . The storm also slowed the presidential campaign at a key time ahead of next week’s vote and closed US markets for two days .
Sandy , which was especially imposing because of its powerful winds , brought a record wave of almost 4.2 meters to downtown Manhattan , well above the previous record of 3 meters during Hurricane Donna in 1960 , the National Weather Service said .
Water poured into the subway system and tunnels that run under the rivers around Manhattan , raising concerns that the world’s financial capital could be lame for days to come .
Arriving in Atlantic City at about 8 pm ( local time ) with maximum sustained winds of 130 km/h , Sandy churned up huge waves that smashed parts of the city’s farned seaside boardwalk .
US President Barack Obama declared a “ major disaster ” had hit the states of New York and New Jersey , an order that cleared the way for federal grants and loans to help storm victims acquire temporary housing and repair damage .
Further south , the sea waves swallowed vast areas of the eastern seaboard , turning coastal cities into ghost towns as the high winds grounded flights and shut down rail links and public transport .
68. Which of the following is NOT caused by Sandy ?
A. Great economic losses .
B. The delay of the Presidential vote .
C. The shut-down of US markets .
D. The severe flood in Manhattan .
69. What can be inferred from Barack Obama’s declaration ?
A. Obama considered Sandy the biggest storm that had hit America .
B. Financial help from the federal government will be provided .
C. Victims will have to clear their cities to rebuild them after the storm .
D. New York and New Jersey are the most important states in east America .
70. The underlined expression “ ghost towns ” in the last paragraph refers to __________ .
A. cities where there are a lot of ghosts living
B. cities abandoned by people because of natural disasters
C. cities which people don’t want to travel to because of unavailable access
D. cities where people can’t go outside because the transport is destroyed
71. Which of the following can be the best title ?
A. A battle between man and nature
B. Storm in New Jersey killed 36 or more
C. Sandy hit east coast , killing 36 or more
D. Eastern US facing threat from Sandy
Insurance is the sharing of risks . Nearly everyone is exposed to risk of some sort . The house-owner , for example , knows that his property can the ship-owner knows that his vessel the breadwinner knows that he may die at an early age and leave his family the poorer . On the other hand , not every house is damaged by fire nor every vessel lost at sea . If these persons each put a small sum into a pool , there will be enough to meet the needs of the few who do suffer loss . In other words , the losses of the few are met from the contributions of the many . This is the basis of insurance . Those who pay the contribution are known as “ insured ” and those who administer the pool of contributions as “ insureers ” .
Not all risks lend themselves to being covered by insurance . Broadly speaking , the ordinary risks of business and investment cannot be covered . The risk that buyers will not buy goods at the prices offered is not of a kind that can be statistically estimated—and risks can only be insured against if they can be so estimated .
The legal basis of all insurance is the “ policy ” . This is the printed form of contract on paper of the best quality . It states that in return for the regular payment by the insured of a named sum of money , called the “ premium ”(保险费), which is usually paid every year , the insurer will pay a sum of money or compensation for loss , if the risk or event insured against actually happens . The wording(措辞)of policies , particularly in marine insurance , often seems very old-fashioned , but there is a sound reason for this . Over a large number of years many law cases have been brought to clear up the meaning of doubtful phrases in policies . The law courts , in their judgments , have given these phrases a definite and indisputable meaning , and to avoid future disputes the phrases have continued to be used in policies even when they have passed out of normal use in speech .
72. According to this passage , insurance is possible because __________ .
A. everyone at some time suffers loss
B. only a small part of the insured suffer loss
C. People are all will to pay the contribution
D. The risk is too high for a single person to face
73. Old-fashioned wording is sometimes used in insurance policies because __________ .
A. insurance has existed for a long time
B. insurance is an old-fashioned business
C. it enables ordinary people to understand it
D. the meaning of such wording has been agreed upon
74. The writer of this passage seems to think that insurance is __________ .
A. a form of gambling
B. a foolish investment
C. risky but rewarding
D. useful and necessary
75. What’s the author’s main purpose in writing this passage ?
A. To show the benefits of insurance .
B. To advertise for insurance companies .
C. To introduce some knowledge about insurance .
D. To show the importance of building insurance system .
五、写作(共两个写作任务,满分35分)
写作一(满分15分)
请结合材料,按要求用英文写作,词数不少于60字。
According to a recent survey taken in a school , nowadays students average 10 hours a week online while 5 years ago , students surfed the Internet only around one hour per week .
要求:· 就此材料发表你的感想;
· 应紧扣材料,有明确的观点;
· 在答题卡上作答。
写作二(满分20分)
某英文报以“一件难忘的事”为题材向高中生征文。假定你所难忘的事是你的同学李明在生病时,同学和老师给予了他/她真诚的帮助。请以The Day My Classmate Fell Ill为题,按所给要点写一篇英语短文应征。
内容要点:· 简单叙述李明生病的情况;
· 同学老师是如何帮助他/她的;
· 人与人之间的相互关爱给你的感受。
注意:1、词数不少于80字。
2、在答题卡上作答。
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
其他相关资源
友情链接:
客服总机:400-606-99777 业务传真:010- 客服邮箱:Copyright &2006 - 2015 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved. 京ICP证100390号}

我要回帖

更多关于 做人不要太老实 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信