关于“hobby是什么意思 ”的speaking

Historically Speaking
Categories
I consider myself a “progressive” reenactor. The units I belong to generally label themselves as such, as do the majority of the reenactors that
I recently wrote a post about the importance of unit standards and how they can really help to improve the quality of both your unit
It’s my personal opinion that one of the best things a unit can do to improve its overall quality, ease of participation, and professionalism
Three years ago, Marc and I and another friend started up a Spanish Civil War reenacting group that at the time we called La
As many of you know, this blog is not the only reenacting-related site that I run.
Along with a couple sites for units I
So, I meant to post this way back in…April.
After some requests from regular readers, I have finally made a Facebook page for this
Ask A Reenactor
18th Century
20th Century
Living History
For Recruits
Ever since I was a child, I have always been fascinated with history.
I have been a historical reenactor for nineteen years and I have
ranging from a 9th century French soldier to a Vietnam War photographer.
To learn a bit more about me, please read my
I started this blog as a way to help publicize the hobby and to help recruit new reenactors.
I write about the hobby itself as well as my own experiences and projects.
Please keep all discussions civil and since all photography is my own unless otherwise noted, please contact me if you wish to reuse an image.
Subscribe to Historically Speaking!
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 156 other subscribers
Email Address
Reenactment Photography
Popular Posts
Event Reports
Costumer Blogs
Reenactor BlogsEveryone has a hobby. My hobby is keeping a diary in English.When I was nine years old, I began to have my hobby. At first it was hard for me, but now it is easy. I know it’s helpful to learn English well. After school I often go to the school library to read English stories or_百度作业帮
Everyone has a hobby. My hobby is keeping a diary in English.When I was nine years old, I began to have my hobby. At first it was hard for me, but now it is easy. I know it’s helpful to learn English well. After school I often go to the school library to read English stories or articles. Sometimes my English teacher tells some interesting things to me. I collect information for my diary by doing these.After I finish my diary every day. I always try to correct mistakes with the help of the dictionary. Now my English is very good.I love my hobby. It helps me a lot to learn English well.(
) 1. I began to keep a diary _____.A. when I was nine years old
B. before I was nineC. when I was eight years old
D. for nine years(
) 2. ______ it was not easy for me to keep a diary in English.A. Now
B. Usually
C. At last
D. At first(
) 3. The writer thinks ______ is good to learn English well.A. keeping a diary
B. more reading
C. more speaking
D. more listening(
) 4. How do I collect information for my diary?A. I often read English stories or articles.B. My teacher sometimes introduces some interesting things to me.C. I often go to the cinema.D. Both A and B.(
) 5. From the passage we can say it’s _____ for us to have a good hobby.A. bad
B. not good
C. helpful
1.A2.D3.A4.D5.CRacing returns to Belgium this weekend, and here’s what you need to know about the first semi-classics of the year
Taylor Phinney in the 2014 Omloop Het Nieuwsblad
This weekend marks the return of road racing to Northern Europe, with the traditional season-openers Omloop Het Nieuwsblad and Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne getting the show started.
The weather is usually grim, the riders all get muddy and the fans will likely be frozen to the core – but that’s what these early spring races are all about.
If you’re not familiar with this weekend’s Belgian semi-classics, then here are a few things you should know about the two races.
The start of the Classics season
Every year, like many other cycling fans, I get a little bit excited when Het Nieuwsblad weekend rolls around. Not because the race is a standout on the calendar – in fact I often forget to even tune in for either race – but because it’s the start of my favourite time of the year.
The Spring Classics have something for everyone: sprints, hills, cobbles and crashes. The pure unpredictability of the racing in Northern Europe means that it often throws up some surprising winners.
Greg Van Avermaet and Ian Stannard in the 2014 Omloop Het Nieuwsblad (Photo: Watson)
Indeed, Team Sky’s
at Het Nieuwsblad last year, beating out Classics heavyweights like Greg van Avermaet, Sep Vanmarcke and Niki Terpstra.
Het Nieuwsblad and KBK signal the start of strongman races and give a strong indication as to which of the Classics riders are in shape ahead of the first Monuments of the year.
The history
The Belgian riders love these races. In the 69 editions of Omloop Het Nieuwsblad 54 of them have been won by Belgian riders. Ernest Sterckx, Joseph Bruyere and Peter Van Petegem are tied on three wins each, while Stannard became the first British winner last year.
Equally, KBK has seen 51 Belgian winners in 66 editions – Tom Boonen has three wins and counting – and Britain’s only winner was Mark Cavendish in 2012.
Like many famous bike races, Het Nieuwsblad’s history comes from an attempt to sell more newspapers. Until 2008 the race was called Omloop Het Volk, but when that newspaper went out of circulation Het Nieuwsblad – which already ran the Tour of Flanders – took over the reins.
Greg Van Avermaet, Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne 2014 (Photo: Watson)
Both races began their existences in 1945 but KBK has a history of being , thanks to the less demanding parcours.
The name Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne is, indeed, a little misleading as the race does not actually reach the Belgian capital, instead turning back around 25km away near Galmaarden.
ahead of Moreno Hofland and Vanmarcke and will surely be looking to seal his fourth title in eight years on Sunday.
With the start and finish of Het Nieuwsblad being in Ghent, the route features many of the same climbs as the .
While there are some short, sharp climbs between the 70km to 100km mark, a succession of hills and cobbles after 140km really test the riders legs and their team’s tactics.
The Kruisberg is followed by the Taaienberg, Eikenberg and the Wolvenberg, with the tough cobbled sectors of Donderij and Hof ter Fiennestraat thrown in for good measure.
Sep Vanmarcke on the Molenberg in the 2014 Omloop Het Nieuwsblad (Photo: Watson)
KBK, on the other hand, sees its first climb come within the opening 50km with the Edelareberg testing how much the riders have recovered from their exertions the previous day.
Then comes the series of challenging hills and descents, starting with La Houppe and not stopping until the Kanarieberg, Kruisberg, Oude Kwaremont, Knokteberg, Tiegemberg and Nokereberg have been overcome.
After that, the route is virtually pan flat for the final 60km, allowing the sprinters to tussle it out for the win, assuming they’ve all conquered the hills with the main pack.
The riders
The big news, I suppose, is that
as he continues his preparation for his season-defining Paris-Roubaix tilt.
Wiggo won’t have it all his own way in Flanders, however, with Stannard looking to lead Sky to victory again, and perennial Classics favourite
lining up for Etixx – Quick-Step.
Vanmarcke, winner in 2012, lines up for LottoNL-Jumbo, with
(2006 and 2008) the only other former winner in the peloton.
Tom Boonen wins the 2014 Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne (Photo: Watson)
Belgium’s dominance in the race has diminished somewhat in recent years, with only two winners since 2007, meaning it could be set up for another outsider to take the spoils.
KBK, meanwhile, is a bit more difficult to predict. Many teams, like Sky, will not announce their lineup until Saturday night when the Het Nieuwsblad riders report back on their fitness levels.
It’s likely, however, that many teams will line up with virtually the same lineups as the day before, with , they will be looking to dominate once again.
Britain’s Chris Froome won the Ruta del Sol in Spain to seal his first stage-race victory since May on Sunday.
The Team Sky rider, 29, led Spaniard Alberto Contador (Tinkoff-Saxo) by two seconds going into the final stage.
The 2013 Tour de France champion safely negotiated the 168km from Montilla to Alhaurin de la Torre – won by Spain’s Juan Jose Lobato – to finish sixth and retain his advantage.
“Happy and relieved to have held onto this jersey today,” Froome
“Great start to the year…thank you team.”
Contador, 32, had led from the opening day until Saturday when Froome overturned a 27-second deficit with a stunning breakaway on the
It is Froome’s first stage-race win since the
Stage five results:
1. Juan Jose Lobato (SPA/Movistar) 3hr 48min 56sec
2. John Degenkolb (GER/Giant-Alpecin) +1sec
3. Sylvain Chavanel (FRA/IAM Cycling) +2sec
4. Grega Bole (SLO/CCC Sprandi Polkowice) same time
5. Pim Ligthart (NED/Lotto Soudal) same time
6. Chris Froome (GB/Team Sky) same time
7. Moreno Hofland (NED/LottoNL-Jumbo) same time
8. Jan Bakelants (BEL/AG2R La Mondiale) same time
9. Alberto Contador (SPA/Tinkoff-Saxo) same time
10. Nicolas Edet (FRA/Cofidis) same time
Overall standings:
1. Chris Froome (GB/Team Sky) 21hr 21min 41sec
2. Alberto Contador (SPA/Tinkoff-Saxo) +2sec
3. Benat Intxausti (SPA/Movistar) +2min 38sec
4. Mikel Nieve (SPA/Team Sky) +3min 5sec
5. Romain Bardet (FRA/AG2R La Mondiale) +3min 13sec
-Spaniard broke away to win on the summit finish of Alto de Hazallanas
-Froome finishes 19 seconds back after reacting late to Contador attack
Pictures by Graham Watson
Alberto Contador wins Stage 3 of the 2015 Tour of Andalucia Ruta Del Sol
Alberto Contador (Tinkoff-Saxo) took his first win of the season on the summit finish of stage three of the , while also consolodating his overall lead in the GC.
The Spaniard broke away from the leading group of riders at around 7.5km from the finish line, near the foot of the final category one climb of Alto de Hazallanas.
Chris Froome (Team Sky) was unable to react quickly enough to Contador’s attack, having been too far away from the front of the group. He then pursued the 2014 Vuelta a Espa?a champion in a chasing bunch that included his teammate Peter Kennaugh as well as other GC hopefuls Be?at Intxausti (Movistar) and eventually, Romain Bardet (Ag2r-La Mondiale).
Contador stretched out a gap to a maximum of 35 seconds, before Froome went solo to try and catch the race leader, or at the very least cut his time losses.
It was slow progress for the Brit on the long climb which ramped up to gradients of a maximum of 20 per cent in places, but he managed to finish second on the stage with a time deficit of 19 seconds to Contador.
It means that Froome now sits 27 seconds behind his arch rival in the Ruta del Sol general classification, with Intxausti, Bardet and Kennaugh all sitting around two minutes or more behind Contador, who retains the red jersey as the race head towards its second mountain finish on Saturday.
Ruta del Sol 2015, stage three: Motril – Alto de Hazallanas, 160km
1. Alberto Contador (Esp) Tinkoff-Saxo, in 4-51-57
2. Christopher Froome (Gbr) Team Sky, at 19 seconds
3. Romain Bardet (Fra) Ag2r-La Mondiale, at 1-41
4. Be?at Inxausti (Esp) Movistar, at 1-58
5. Mikel Nieve (Esp) Team Sky, at 2-01
6. Wilco Kelderman (Ned) LottoNL.Jumbo, at 2-05
7. Merhawi Kudus (Eri) MTN-Qhubeka, at 2-15
8. Peter Kennaugh (Gbr) Team Sky, at 2-16
9. Sebastian Reichenbach (Swi) IAM Cycling, at 2-30
Sergio Pardilla (Esp) Caja Rural, at 2-42
Overall classification after stage three
1. Alberto Contador (Esp) Tinkoff-Saxo, in 12-22-55
2. Christopher Froome (Gbr) Team Sky, at 27 seconds
3. Be?at Inxausti (Esp) Movistar, at 1-59
4. Romain Bardet (Fra) Ag2r-La Mondiale, at 2-13
5. Peter Kennaugh (Gbr) Team Sky, at 2-28
6. Mikel Nieve (Esp) Team Sky, at 2-30
7. Kanstantin Siutsou (Blr) Team Sky, at 3-19
8. Sylvain Chavanel (Fra) IAM Cycling, at 3-41
9. Nicolas Edet (Fra) Cofidis, at 4-10
10. Gorka Izaguirre (Esp) Movistar, at 4-15
Alberto Contador makes his move on stage three of the 2015 Ruta del Sol
Chris Froome attempts to chase down Contador on the final climb of stage three of the Ruta del Sol
Two-time Tour de France winner Alberto Contador could retire from professional cycling in 2016.
The Spaniard, 32, has confirmed his intention to compete with the Tinkoff-Saxo team in this year’s Giro d’Italia and Tour de France.
But he told a press conference: “After 2016 what I can say for now is that I don’t see myself racing.
“Physically, I feel very well but it is true that the years are going by and you have to set a date,” he added.
“I’d like to retire on top of a podium. This year, I will definitely be competing and also next year.”
Contador won the Tour de France in
as well as the Giro d’Italia in 2008 and has won the Tour of Spain three times – in
However, he
during the 2014 Tour de France’s 10th stage, and eventually retired from the race after riding on for 20km.
Contador waits by the roadside for assistance after crashing at 77kmph in the 2014 Tour de France
Contador will start his 2015 season – the last on his current contract with Tinkoff-Saxo – on Wednesday at the Ruta del Sol, a five-day stage race in southern Spain.
He added: “I feel very good, I recover well from training, I am very excited with my team.
“While I am very well physically, I could not know exactly how many years I could compete in the grand tours. I would like to retire at the top.
“My plan is to compete at the Giro and the Tour and I don’t want to be second in any of them. I just want to win both although we have to wait and see what happens.”
Contador was banned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport for two years in 2012 and
title for doping.
He was found guilty of doping after
during the 2010 Tour.
Woods was two-over when deciding on the par-three 12th that he could go on no longer. It had been an erratic morning, in which he had ironically chipped in after his short game -travails of the week previous. However, there was little to celebrate.
On the course where he had won eight times before – including, most famously, the 2008 US Open, in which he prevailed despite having a fractured shin and a blown knee joint – Woods looked as vulnerable as at any time during this calamitous past year or so.
The 39-year-old understandably seemed concerned when speaking with his caddie, Joe LaCava, before departing the course on a golf buggy. As ever, he fronted up to the press, who were desperate to know whether this was the same complaint which blighted last year.
A year ago next month, Woods underwent an operation to repair a herniated disc. He surprised many by coming back from the microdiscectomy within four months, appearing at the Open at Hoylake. Yet after three tournaments he was hanging up his spikes again, saying he needed time to recover.
Tiger Woods holds his back in pain as he suffers at Torrey Pines(Getty)
Woods was then seen next at his own 18-man event, the Hero World Challenge in December, where he finished in a tie for last. He arrived there in Florida with yet another new swing and yet another new coach in Chris Comu and yet more hope of a sporting resurrection which would see him resume the 14-time major-winner’s chase of Jack Nicklaus’s record mark of 18.
Alas, now, just 47 holes into 2015, Woods’s progress appears forlorn. He is due to play at the Honda Classic in three week’s time, where he must win if he is to qualify for the following week’s WGC Cadillac Championship at Doral.
Tiger Woods warmed up gingerly(Getty)
After that, Woods’s schedule running up to the Masters and his shot at a fifth green jacket would have included only the Arnold Palmer Invitational at one of his other favourite courses, Bay Hill.
All this is up in the air after this latest setback. As a mark of how stop-start it has all become for Woods, this was his ninth withdrawal in 19 years as a pro – but his third in the past eight starts.
Tiger Woods admits defeat and departs Torrey Pines (AP)
Even in the roller-coaster life of Woods it has been a bizarre few weeks.
While watching his girlfriend Lindsey Vonn, the professional skier, win in Italy two weeks ago, he lost a missing tooth. Woods claimed it was knocked out by a cameraman during the awards ceremony, but the event organisers expressed bemusement at his story. And on Tuesday, instead of practising for the Farmers Open, Woods showed up in Colorado, to see Vonn ski again.
Not only is his fitness being questioned, but his appetite.
Lance Armstrong is due in court after being accused of leaving the scene of an accident and crashing into two parked cars.
According to police, the cyclist left the scene in the ski resort of Aspen, Colorado, before officers arrived.
Reports in the US media said his girlfriend Anna Hansen told police she was driving, before changing her story.
Armstong, 43, who was stripped of seven Tour de France titles for doping, faces court on 17 March.
He could face a fine and up to 90 days in jail if convicted of the charges of leaving the scene and driving too fast for the snowy conditions.
Hansen, 33, who lives in Aspen, was initially cited for the incident after telling police she had been driving the couple home from an Aspen Art Museum party.
She claimed to have lost control and hit two parked cars, before speaking to the owner and offering to pay for the damage, the police report said.
reported that the couple had made the “joint decision” to avoid negative headlines.
Officers then spoke to the valet at the event, who said Armstrong had driven away from the gala.
On 12 January, the charges were transferred to Armstrong. Hansen will not face charges.
Armstrong was stripped of his seven Tour de France victories and banned for life from racing in 2012 by the US Anti-Doping Agency after he admitted using performance-enhancing drugs.
It began when BT’s ultimately futile attempt to wrest the lion’s share of Premier League matches from Sky resulted in a 70 per cent increase in the value of the contract.
Its determination not to be beaten again in the following year’s battle for the Champions League led to it stunning the sport’s world by paying almost ?1 billion to secure Uefa’s entire club portfolio.
With BT promising a raid on Sky’s other sporting properties, its rival reacted by locking down a succession of them at significant cost.
This one-upmanship has had a devastating impact on the BBC which – judging by its refusal to enter a bidding war with Sky for the Open – appears wedded to spending only a tiny percentage of its ?5 billion-plus annual revenue on sport.
That leaves it facing a real battle to hold on to the iconic sporting events it still possesses, aside from those protected by law for free-to-air coverage.
Six Nations organisers are already casting envious glances at the riches being lavished elsewhere by pay TV and it may not be long before heads at Wimbledon begin to turn.
The R&A chief executive, Peter Dawson, summed up the dilemma facing rights holders this week when he said: “One of our biggest responsibilities is to keep the Open Championship at the forefront of golf events and, indeed, sports events – not just in the UK but in the world.” The BBC’s response to this threat seems to be an increasing willingness to cut deals with the very people who are helping price it out of the market.
It currently shares coverage for the Masters and Formula Ona with Sky, although do not expect that relationship to last beyond the current contracts after the latter refused to entertain a similar arrangement for the Open.
It is also forging increasingly-close links with BT Sport, with which it jointly holds the rights to the FA Cup and the UK’s pre-Wimbledon grass court tournaments.
In fact, it has been learnt that talks took place that may have led to a joint BBC-BT bid for the Open and could yet result in shared coverage of the Six Nations and Wimbledon.
The problem is that once rights holders open the door to pay TV, it is almost impossible to close it again.
One thing is for certain, the BBC will be praying that the current Premier League auction does not prove as dramatic the last.
—————————————————————————————–
Key number could be 999
UK Sport received exactly 999 responses to its public consultation on the merits of its ‘No Compromise’ approach to bankrolling elite athletes. As one of those to contribute, it would be unfair to apportion undue significance to this number when it comes to the long-standing philosophy of the Olympic and Paralympic funding body, which held its first board meeting yesterday since the closing date for submissions. Emergency measures are far from what is required but there is mounting concern that changes resulting from the consultation will be so negligible that some sports could be tempted to dial 999 come what may.
Following Pat McQuaid’s accusation of Lance Armstrong being subjected to a witch hunt, USADA chief Travis Tygart says both parties had the chance to appeal
Lance Armstrong at the 2003 Tour de France Credit: Graham Watson
The chief executive of the US Anti-Doping Agency has dismissed claims that Lance Armstrong was the subject of a “witch hunt” when he was banned from cycling for life.
, on BBC Radio 5 Live after
– two years after his doping confession.
, Travis Tygart says that if McQuaid and Armstrong felt so strongly about it they could have challenged the decision at the Court of Arbitration for Sport when the ban was imposed.
“It is easy for Pat McQuaid or others to say soundbites like he said,” Tygart told reporters at an anti-doping intelligence seminar in Singapore.
He added: “Lance certainly had every opportunity to challenge that sanction.
“And certainly Pat McQuaid could have appealed our decision to impose the lifetime ban. If he in any way felt that was unfair or was singling out Lance Armstrong, he certainly as the president of UCI had the appeal rights to go to CAS.”
Armstrong lamented in his BBC interview that his USADA ban was too wide-reaching, preventing him from entering marathons and triathlons, and .
Three-time major winner and former US Ryder Cup captain Billy Casper has died aged 83, the US PGA Tour has announced.
Casper won the US Open in 1959 and 1966 and the Masters in 1970, and claimed 51 PGA Tour titles between 1956 and 1975.
The PGA Tour said Casper suffered a heart attack and died at his home in Springview, Utah, on Saturday.
Jack Nicklaus was among those to pay tribute and said of the “underrated” Casper: “Those who did compete against him knew how special he was.”
Nicklaus, 75, who won a record 18 major titles in his career, added: “When I looked up at a leaderboard, I wasn’t just looking to see where a Palmer or a Player or a Trevino was. I was also checking to see where Billy Casper was.”
Gary Player also paid tribute to his former rival, saying: “I played a lot with Billy, and I always thought Billy had a wonderful short game.
“He was always a thorough gentleman.”
Casper was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 1978 and sits seventh on the PGA Tour’s all-time victories list.
-16 A Lahiri (Ind); -15 B Wiesberger (Aut); -13 A Canizares (Sp), P Waring (Eng); -11 G Bourdy (Fr), R Lee (Can), L Westwood (Eng), P Peterson (US); Selected others -10 M Warren (Sco); -2 G McDowell (NI); -1 MA Jimenez (Sp); +4 S Gallacher (Sco); +11 P McGinley (Ire)
India’s Anirban Lahiri claimed a maiden European Tour victory with a one-stroke victory at the Malaysian Open.
The 27-year-old world number 73, a five-time winner on the Asian Tour, birdied four of his first five holes in a 68 to finish on 16 under par.
Overnight leader Bernd Wiesberger was second after dropping five shots in a 74 at the Kuala Lumpur Country Club.
Defending champion Lee Westwood double bogeyed the second en route to a 75 and a share of fifth, five shots adrift.
Lying a distant 21st after the second round, nine shots off the pace, Lahiri moved into contention by equalling the course record of 62 on day three.
After his fast start in the final round, he rolled in a 40-foot putt from off the green at the 17th to take the outright lead for the first time and at the last safely made par having found a bunker.
Wiesberger had begun with a
and birdied the opening two holes, before sending his third shot into the water at the fifth and running up a double bogey seven.
He needed to hole from 20 feet for a birdie at the par-five 18th to force a play-off but left the putt agonisingly short.
“I don’t think it’s sunk in just yet,” said Lahiri. “But I’m pretty sure when it hits home it’s going to be a really happy moment for me.”
Englishman Paul Waring mixed five birdies with six bogeys in a 73 to share third on 13 under with Spaniard Alejandro Canizares, while Northern Ireland’s Graeme McDowell, the world number 20, was joint 36th after a 75 left him at two under.
Wirral-based Waring, who turned 30 last week, earned his biggest pay day of just over ?110,000.
It equals his best placed finish on the European Tour, when he also tied for third at the Portugal Masters in October 2013.
Recent Posts}

我要回帖

更多关于 hobbyking 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信