评价文档:
喜欢此文档的还喜欢
完形填空练习九
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
想免费下载本文?
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
你可能喜欢Scuttlebutt Europe #3230 - 10 DecemberFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Liesl Tesch,
(born 17 May 1969) is an Australian
player and sailor. She became an incomplete
accident at the age of 19. She competed in her national wheelchair basketball team at five paralympics, winning three medals, and was the first woman to play the sport professionally. She took up sailing in 2010, winning a gold medal at the
in London.
Tesch was born in
on 17 May 1969. In a 2012 interview, she described her parents as "alternative" and said of her father that he would have rather philosophised than worked "because he didn't like working for a capitalist society. ... We lived off the land as much as we could, eating roadkill."
She grew up in Brisbane, New Zealand, and the Lake Macquarie suburb of
and attended
High School. She participated in basketball, swimming, sailing, , and cycling as a child, and was part of the state basketball team in year 11 and 12 at high school. At the age of 19, she broke her back after a mountain-bike accident, becoming an incomplete paraplegic. She received a Bachelor of Science and a
from the .
Tesch with the ball during a match at the 2000 Sydney Paralympics
Tesch shoots from inside the key in the game against USA at the 1996 Atlanta Paralympics
I have no doubt that my life has changed – it's hard to say for the better because of this catastrophe thing – but I definitely take lots of opportunities now because they're there. I think if I would have had this accident in other countries in the world there's a good chance I would have been dead, even, so every day I pack stuff in because I can. I have to have my head on and my mind open.
Liesl Tesch
Tesch started playing wheelchair basketball after one of her
noticed how skilled she was at shooting with a foam basketball and
backboard during her rehabilitation. Shortly after entering the
state team, she was invited to try out for and made the
in 1990, making her national debut at that year's World Championships and her Paralympic debut at the . She was named to the All Star Five at the 1994 Gold Cup, where the Australian team won a bronze medal. She was part of the Australian team at the , and was named
at the 1998 Gold Cup. She was the vice-captain of her country's team at the , where she won a silver medal. During celebrations after the games, some players from Europe invited her to play in professional men's teams there. She accepted this suggestion, and played in Madrid, , and Paris for the next five years, thus becoming the first woman in the world to play wheelchair basketball professionally. She helped establish a women's wheelchair basketball league on the continent and competed in women's teams in Italy and France. She also competed in the silver-medal-winning Australian team at the . She returned home to captain the national squad at the . In 2010, Tesch competed with her team in the , a competition for the top five women's international wheelchair basketbal her team defeated the number one ranked American team 55–37. She was a . She retired from the national wheelchair basketball squad in 2011 to concentrate on sailing.
She admires , describing her as "a fellow bad girl not afraid to speak her mind". At the Beijing Paralympics, she smuggled a turtle that she had bought at a market into the Paralympic village, and christened it "Tibet" After being ordered to remove it. She was famous for dyeing her hair
during her Paralympic wheelchair basketball career.
Tesch and Fitzgibbon receiving the Team of the Year award at the 2012 Australian Paralympian of the Year ceremony
In 2009 Tesch participated in the
on Sailors with Disabilities. After seeing an
documentary about the journey, Beijing silver medallist
contacted her in late 2010 and they formed a sailing partnership. Sailing the
with Fitzgibbon, the team had immediate success, winning gold at the
Gold Cup in January 2011 and a bronze medal at the
World Championships in July of that year. They won a gold medal with a race to spare at the
and . Tesch's mother had died of cancer after her first day of shortly after winning the gold medal, she said it was "a beautiful way to celebrate my mum's life to win gold on a beautiful sunny day at the Paralympic Games".
At the 2014 IFDS World Championships in , Canada, Tesch teamed with Fitzgibbon to win the two-person SKUD 18 class .
Tesch works as a high school geography teacher at 's Woy Woy campus. In 2010, she co-founded Sports Matters, a charity that promotes sport for people with disabilities in developing countries. She lives with her partner, Mark, a boat-builder and frequen the couple met while preparing for the competition in 2009.
In 2000, Tesch received an . She and Fitzgibbon were jointly named as Sailors of the Year with a Disability in 2011. She was appointed a
in the 2014
"for significant service to sport as a gold medallist at the London 2012 Paralympic Games, and through the promotion and facilitation of sport for people with disabilities." In November 2014, Tesch shared the
Sailor of the Year with a Disability award with , , ,
and . The Australian team of six sailors beat Great Britain by one point at the IFDS World Championship. Tesch and Fitzgibbon won the 2014 NSW Sports Award for Team of the Year with a Disability.
. . Archived from
on 20 January .
Lewis, Daniel (26 August 2012). .
. MyGosfordTV. 7 March .
Cronshaw, Damon. .
Lazarevic, Jade (13 March 2010). . . p. 12 2012.
. . 16 October 2000. p. 29 2012.
. WorkCover Authority of New South Wales. 30 August .
on paralympic.org. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
Wakefield, Shari (30 April 2010). .
Heydon, Craig (29 January 2011). .
. . 4 November .
. . 5 September .
. IFDS Worlds 2014 website 2014.
. Sport Matters 2012.
. It's an Honour 2012.
. Australian Sailing Team 2012.
. . 26 January .
. Yachting Australia News. 1 November .
Zillich, Cora (20 February 2015). . Sail World 2015.
: Hidden categories:完形填空练习九47
上亿文档资料,等你来发现
完形填空练习九47
大学城教育内部资料七年级英语;完形填空与阅读理解练习九;姓名;It'srainingandTerriasksb;theyseeittwice.Whentheyc;Thegirlswalkfast.Apolice;“Youryou.”“Butwhy?”Terri;“Why?It'sdarkandyouaren';“Nineo'clock!”;Thepolice
大学城教育内部资料
七年级英语完形填空与阅读理解练习九姓名It's raining and Terri asks betty , her friend, to go to the cinema with her .They get there and go . They have good is a cowboy(牛仔) . He has a dog .His dog helps him. is Chip.they see it twice . When they come out , it's quite
and it's still raining.The girls walk fast . A police car in front of them . A policeman asks them, “Are you Terri and Betty?”
“Yes,” the girls say .“Your you .”
“But why ?”Terri asks.“Why? It's dark and you aren't at home . It's nine o'clock. You must be home.”“Nine o'clock!”The policeman takes them . Their mothers and fathers are happy to see them .But they are angry .Do you know why? (
) 5A because B for
) 6 A black
) 8A families B homes C houses
D schools(
) 9A look for B finding C looking for D looking at
) 10A home B to home C at home D for home 阅读理解Liesl Tesch is Australian. She's a great sportswoman, but she is a wheelchair(轮椅) basketball player. All the women on her team are wheelchair sportswomen. Liesl and her team members can't run or jump , but they can play basketball well .Her team is a wining team. They
play in countries all over the world . Other countries with women's wheelchair basketball teams are New Zealand ,Canada and Japan.Tom Smith is from the United States . He can't walk ,but he can race (赛跑)in marathons(马拉松). Tom can race in his wheelchair. His wheelchair can go very fast . It can go 35 miles per hour . Tom can also play basketball and baseball, but racing is his favourite sport .Wheelchair sportswomen don't say ,”I can't.” They say ,”I can do it .” 根据短文内容,选择正确答案 (A Japan B Australia C Canada D China (
) 2Liesl can playA football B volleyball C basketball D baseball
A walk B talk C see D listen(
) 4 Tom's wheelchair can go miles per hour. A twenty-five B thirty-five C forty-five D thirty (
A basketball B racing C baseball D football 任务型阅读理解(车库)in the basement(地下室). (2)My father parks his car there.
Our flat is not in the centre of the city. It is two miles from the centre. My father works in the city, so he goes to work by train every day . He doesn't (3)开汽车
. He uses his car only on weekends. Then he takes us into the country or to the beach.Our flat has three bedrooms. (4)one for me and one for my brother . There is a living room , a kitchen and a bathroom. We do not have a garden, but there is a small balcony . There are some plants on the balcony .In summer we often sit out on the balcony because it gets very hot inside the flat. Our flat is small, but we are very happy in it.根据短文内容回答下列问题 1 找出(1)句中的错误并改正2 将(2)处划线句子译成中文3 将(3)处划线词组译成英语4将(4)处换一种说法,使其意思不变5 How far is Daisy's home from the centre of the city?1 包含各类专业文献、文学作品欣赏、幼儿教育、小学教育、高等教育、各类资格考试、应用写作文书、完形填空练习九47等内容。
 九年级英语完形填空专题训练_初三英语_英语_初中教育_教育专区。适用于初三(九年级)英语完形填空的专项训练。九年级英语完形填空专项训练序言 完形填空解题技巧指导一、...  九年级完形填空20题及答案_初三英语_英语_初中教育_教育专区。适合九年级学生做的完形填空题九年级完形填空 20 题(1) “What’s the matter, Mum?” As soon...  B 7.C 8.D 9.D 10.C 11.B 12.B 13.D 14.D 15.A 完形填空 二 阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从各题所给的四个选项中选出一个最佳答案能填入短 ...  高一英语完形填空训练9篇_高一英语_英语_高中教育_教育专区。英语完形填空训练、带讲解中小学教育资源交流中心
提供 完形填空九篇一、 Mrs....  考吧网2013年中考英语完形填空练习题及答案(9)_英语_初中教育_教育专区。考吧网http://www.kao8.cc/祝广大考生金榜题名,考试中顺利通过,如果您需要更多考试资料...  2014高考英语完形填空系列训练(9)_高考_高中教育_教育专区。2014 高考英语完形填空系列训练(9)完形填空训练 June was lying by the Olympic size swimming pool in...  2014高考英语 完形填空精英练习题(9)_英语_高中教育_教育专区。2014 高考英语完形填空精英练习题(9)及答案 完形填空练习 There once was a little boy who wanted...  2014年九年级集训完形填空专项训练_英语_初中教育_教育专区。2011 年中考分块总复习:完形填空 完形填空强化训练(1) David is a middle school student. He had ...  初三英语完形填空专题练习 1 These days computer games have become more and more popular in many cities and towns. A lot of small shops along busy _1_...}

我要回帖

更多关于 australia 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信