阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
想免费下载本文?
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
你可能喜欢您当前位置: >>
>> 浏览文章
2014年高考英语模拟试题(三)
21.13Thanks for the lift. I do appreciate it.
A.No problem&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.With pleasure
C.Not necessarily&&&&&&&&& D.A piece of cake
22.(13)If we just bring over products developed for the US market,we will soon be& _______ to just competing on price.
A.made&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.intended
C.reduced&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.forced
23.It is necessary that we keep the young generation ______ of the current affairs.
A.informed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.being informed
C.informing&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.to inform
24.(134)Where did you pick up the stamp?
It was at the post office ______ we worked in the& summer vacation.
A. that&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. where
C. which&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. when
25.(13 ) In the past three decades, _________ significant advance has been made in&&&&&&&&&& _______modern& agriculture.
A. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. a
C.the&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. a
26.(13 ) It was not until near the end of the letter& she mentioned her own plan.
A. that&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. where
C. why &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. when
27. Hey, John!& I& _______ that you were invited to this& party too.
A. didn't know&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. I don't know
C. wasn't knowing&&&&&&&& D. hadn't known
28.(13 )________ difficulty you may face, we will& always fight along with you.
A. What&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Whatever
C. However&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. How
29. _______ her leg the last time, Brenda decided not to go on& the school skiing trip this year.
A. Breaking&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Broken
C. To break&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Having broken
30.& I'm worried about the sports meet. Do you think it will& be postponed?
If it _______rain tomorrow. But actually the weather&& forecast has removed our worry.
A. could&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. would
C. might &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. should
31.(13 )A Midsummer Night's Dream ____ at the Theatre Royal on 19th June, and then tours throughout& Scotlant.
A. opens &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. is opened
C. will open&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. will be opened
32. It makes good sense to buy a large packet because& _______ will work out cheaper in the end.
A. it&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. this
C. one&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. they
)Nothing is _____ to defeat you& when you often assess yourself negatively.
A. easy&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. more easily
C. much easier&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. the easiest
34. The increasing interest in reading is _____ in the number& of people going to libraries and bookstores.
A. various&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. evident
C. specific&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. stable
35. (13 )Our English teacher often tells& us that the meaning of a new word may be _______& according to the given context.
A. picked out&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. ruled out
C. brought out &&&&&&&&&&&& D. taken out
&&&&& (13 ) Years ago, if a teenager had some problems in his life, he might go home and wri now, a teenager with the&& 36& &&&problems might go onto the Internet and write about them in a blog(). In many ways, a diary and a blog are very&& 37&& .But what makes blogging different from writing in a(n)&&& 38&&& diary?
The biggest difference is that a blog is much& more&&& 39&& &than a diary. Usually, a teenager treats his diary like a book full of&& 40&& that he does not want to&& 41&&& with others.
It's interesting& that& someone who& writes& a& blog&&& 42&& a diary will probably write nearly the same information.
I have a little sister, and sometimes I go online to read her&&& 43&& . She writes about things like waking up early for swimming practice and not studying enough for her chemistry test.&& 44&& I was her age, I wrote about the same things, but&&& 45&& in my diary. Then, after I had finished writing, I would hide my diary in a secret place because I was&&& 46&&& that my sister might read it.
The biggest&& 47& with blogging is that anyone can read what you write. If I was angry with a friend during high school and wrote something&&& 48&&& about him in my diary, he would& never know.&&& 49& , if my sister ever wrote something bad& about a friend, that friend might&& 50&&& her blog and get angry.
There are also&& 51&& of blogging, of course. If I was& feeling sad one day and wrote in my diary, nobody would care about me, because no one would&& 52&& about it. However, if my sister wrote the same sentence in her blog, her best friends would quickly&& 53&& and tell her& how much they&&& 54&&& her. Blogs help people&& 55&&& in contact with their friends and know what the people around them are doing.
36.A.same&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.troublesome
&&& C.difficult&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.daily
37.A.simple&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.special
&&& C.similar&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.different
38.A.personal&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.ordinary
&&& C.meaningful&&&&&&&&&& D.traditional
39.A.attractive&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.public
&&& C.exciting&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.quick
40.A.thoughts&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.puzzles
&&& C.ideas&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.secrets
41.A.tell&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.share
&&& C.publish&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.solve
42.A.instead of&&&&&&&&&&&& B.as well as
&&& C.except for&&&&&&&&&& D.besides
43.A.blog&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.diary
&&& C.report&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.web
44.A.Although&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Since
&&& C.When&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Because
45.A.only&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.already
&&& C.still&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.never
46.A.angry&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.sad
&&& C.glad&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.worried
47.A.problem&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.doubt
&&& C.question&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.mistake
48.A.boring&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.wrong
&&& C.mean&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.funny
49.A.So&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.However
&&& C.Therefore&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Then
50.A.steal&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.break
&&& C.write&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.read
51.A. reasons&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.wishes
&&& C.shortcomings&&&&&&& D.advantages
52.A.care&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.know
&&& C.think&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.ask
53.A.prepare&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.begin
&&& C.respond&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.feel
54.A.like&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.miss
&&& C.need&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.stand
55.A.lose &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.stay
&&& C.leave &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.find
13I moved from Chicago to Brooklyn in July of 2010, just in time to watch my mother die. My parents were both gone now. I took with me as many things they had left behind as I could.
I was walking out one Saturday later that summer when something caught my eye &a pale green dress. Laid out on the pavement was stuff like earrings, glass candle holders, and books. Hanging on the fence behind were a few pairs of jeans and a green cotton dress.
The woman, the host of the stoopsale, looked like she was getting rid of a past she didn't need or want:a dress that was too big for her, a chest of drawers that took up too much space, space she needed, maybe, to heal, recover, or grow.
I wasn't really planning on buying anything, but now I needed to show her that I appreciated her things and I would give them a safe home. Then I had my first stoop sale& I paid her 20 dollars for her green cotton dress and her blue candle holder.
From that day on, I became interested in stoop sales, some of my favorite things are from someone else's life. I find no joy in shopping at regular stores any more. I love trying to sniff out a memory from a vase or a drawer. It is comforting to know that someone has breathed and laughed inside a sweater before me.
A few weeks ago, I carried my mother's dresses to a friend's stoop. These were her best items, which were once worn by the most important person in my life. For many hours, I watched from across the path people advancing the stoop, some leaving with Mom's dress. I used to think that her stuff was as forever sacred()as my memory of her. I know now that once I love a scarf or shirt too dearly& it needs to find a new home Even that green dress is long gone by now
56The author took her mother's dresses after her death because______.
Ashe valued the things used by her mom
Bshe didn't want to throw them away
Cshe could sell them later
Dthey were her mom's best items
57From the passagewe know that________.
Athe things the author bought from the woman& were too big
Bthe author is fond of imagining others' life experiences
Cthe author will never shop at regular stores any more
Dthe author still keeps most of her mom's things
58In the last paragraphthe author tries to tell us that______.
Aher mom is the number one person in her life
Bshe didn't really want to sell her mom's dresses
Cshe still thinks of her mother quite often
Dlove doesn't mean holding on to something tightly
59It can be inferred that the author will______.
Anot sell her own things at stoop sales
Bkeep her mom in her mind in another way
Cbe sad about all the memory of her mom
Dmove to another city for a new life
(13)Step into wonderland and follow any of the many tracks around Kinabalu Park& Even though it is the most explored and studied place in Borneonew discoveries of rare plants are frequently being made here
So& take a map and set off on your own or follow& Park Naturalists as they take you on guided path walks and point out the various wondersThere are also& visual shows advertising rare plants and animals& hereIf you& are& a& first-time& visitorsign up for these shows and you'll be excited when you find yourself identifying the same plants and animals on your walksor during your climb up MtKinabalu
MtKinabalu Botanical Garden is one of the biggest attractions at the park Started in 1981this 5-acre garden is an excellent collection of the different kinds of plant-life on the mountainas plants from all over the park have been replanted here There are hotelsinns and chalets at Kinabalu Park to suit one's budget. For more information click www. sabahtourismtourismcom.
60.It can be learnt that _____.
A. Mt. Kinabalu is a more explored and studied area than Borneo
B. there're still some unknown rare plants in Kinabalu Park
C.Mt. Kinabalu Botanical Garden attracts visitors due to its long history
D.visitors should follow the Park Naturalists so as not to get lost
61.The underlined word&chalets& in Paragraph 3 most probably refers to&______&.
A.plants&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.garages
C.cottages&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.tracks
62.Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A.Botanical Garden and Butterfly Farm open at the same time.
B.Guided Nature Walk is a favorite of first-time visitors.
C.Slide Show is unavailable unless it is arranged in advance.
D.Visitors can have access to Night Walk anytime they wish.
63.If a couple visit the Park with their son aged 19, how much will they pay?
A.$ 30.&& B. 40&&&& C.$ 50.&&&& D.$ 60.
13Seventy-three-year-old Gary selected his food in Value Mart more carefully than NASA chose its candidates for the space shuttle. Skim milk was $ 2.99, on sale from $ 3.49;white bread, 89 c table salt, 99 cents, 20 cents off the regular price. Leaving the cashier, he estimated that he had saved 80 cents today.He was pleased that he had got good value for his money again.
At the exit, the cold wind reminded him of his gloves. &Now where are they?&Not in the coat pockets. Not in the grocery bag either. The worried man made a thorough search of all his pockets, again including the grocery bag. Now he was sure they must have been dropped somewhere inside the store.
Old Gary had bought the black gloves at a 25% discount ten years ago. His quick decision to buy the expensive gloves turned out to be a good one, which even promoted his social status on the bus, as poorer passengers stared at him enviously. Losing this favorite possession was almost like losing a child to him.
Gary re-entered the store with long steps. He followed the same route he had walked before. There were all open passages and it did not take long to be convinced that the gloves were not in sight.
Society has changed, and people have hanged,he murmured to himself.Years ago, if somebody picked up something lost, they would give it back. Not any more
On his way out,he went over to the cashier to ask if she had received any lost gloves. She asked him what colour they were,and when he said&black&, there came a disappointing answer. He took his time now, finally walking out of the store.
Back home,Gary was at a loss. In deep winter, he could not do without a pair of gloves. He was very upset that people no longer returned things they found on the road.
After a month, Gary decided to buy another leather pair. Before boarding the subway, he stepped into Value Mart again to see if by any chance his gloves had been returned to the lost and found office. &What colour are they?& the woman in the office asked again.&Black,&he gave the same answer. She looked into her drawer and drew out a pair of men's leather gloves.&Are they?&
Yes!Those are mine!&Gary exclaimed, his eyes glowing with joy.
64.According to the passage, Gary thought his buying the gloves to be ________.
A.unnecessary&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.wise
C.hot-headed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.adventurous
65.What can we infer about Gary?
A.He is not well off.
B.He is particular about food.
C.He holds a pessimistic attitude towards life.
D.He doesn't get along well with his neighborhood.
66.In Gary's opinion, why couldn't he recover his gloves at first?
A.He was not careful enough.
B.The cashier forgot to return his gloves.
C.A customer took his gloves by mistake.
D.Someone picked up his gloves and kept them on purpose.
67.What is the best title for this passage?
A.Seeking gloves
B.The stolen gloves returned
C.Declining moral standards
D.A forgetful but stubborn old man
13&&&&&& Tail Spin
Two dolphins race around in a big pool in the Ocean Park. The smaller dolphin, Grace, shows off a few of her tricks, turning around and waving hello to the crowd. The most amazing thing about her, however,is that she's even swimming at all. She doesn't have a tail.
Grace lost her tail as a baby when she got caught up in a fish trap. When the dolphin arrived at the Ocean Park in December 2005,she was fighting for her life. &Is she going to make it?& Her trainer, Abbey Stone, feared the worst. Grace did make it&but her tail didn't. She ended up losing her flukes and the lower part of her peduncle.&&&&&&
Over the past six years, she has learned to swim without her tail. Dolphins swim by moving their flukes and peduncle up and down. Grace taught herself to move another way&like a fish! She pushes herself forward through the water by moving her peduncle from side to side.
The movements put harmful pressure on Grace's backbone. So a company offered to create a man-made tail for her. The tail had to be strong enough to stay on Grace as she swam but soft enough that it wouldn't hurt her.
The first time Grace wore the artificial tail, she soon shook it off and let it sink to the bottom of the pool. Now, she is still learning to use the tail. Some days she wears it for an hour at a time,others not at all. &The new tail isn't necessary for her to feel comfortable, says Stone, but it helps to keep that range of motion and build muscles.
Now, the dolphin is about to get an even happier ending. This month, Grace will star in Dolphin Tale, a film that focuses on her rescue and recovery. Her progress has inspired more than just a new movie. Many people travel from near and far to meet her. Seeing Grace swim with her man-made tail gives people so much courage.
68.When Grace first arrived at the Ocean Park, her trainer worried about her ________.
A.physical build
B.potential ability
C.chance of survival
D.adaptation to the surroundings
69.A man-made tail is created for Grace to ________.
A.let her recover faster
B.make her comfortable
C.adjust her way of swimming
D.help her perform better tricks
70.The story of Grace inspires people to ________.
A.stick to their dreams
B.treat animals friendly
C.treasure what they have
D.face difficulties bravely
There are many problems in the world everywhere we go. There is a big problem in schools, especially in high schools.&&&&& 71&&&&& Teens have figured that it is okay to cheat because everyone does it. Dishonesty has become a big factor in today's society. Cheating affects everyone in some way.
Cheating occurs every day in every school. Cheating occurs even in the nicest schools, including private schools. This usually occurs when someone does not study for a test or just does not feel like thinking.&&&&& 72&&&&&
There is a wide range of cheating that can go on in schools. It can be as simple as copying one word, or copying the whole test. Whatever the extent of the cheating, that does not make it right. In today's society, teens just assume that cheating is an acceptable way of getting through test.&&&&& 73&&&&&
Cheating affects me because when I study very hard for a test, someone else may do better than me because of their cheating. This may ruin the curve for the class.&&&&& 74&&&&& With that, sometimes I feel taken advantage of when someone glances over at my paper. I don't always cover it up, but sometimes I do.
This effects my motivation to learn because I figure that studying is not worth it anymore if everyone is cheating and I might as well not study as hard.& This can be frustrating. Cheating widely affects others too.&&&&& 75&&&&& It ruins the learning environment in the classroom.
In conclusion, no matter what the motivation is,& it is wrong to cheat. But today, so many do it that teachers have to watch even more carefully.
What shall we do about it? We have to face the problem of cheating. If everyone would guard themselves against cheaters, they might give it up.
A.They don't care even though they know the consequences.
B.It seems as if teachers don't care, and you can get away with it.
C.Cheating is a big problem and a headache for teachers to watch out for.
D.Cheating only sends a negative massage to everyone.
E.Also, one might do it because he knows he can get away with it.
F.I used to get mad at cheaters for not playing fair, but I think it more fun to battle with them.
G.And that is not fair because I could have got a better score.
As a boy grown up in India, I had longed to traveling abroad. I used to listen to the stories my father told me about her stay in Canada and trips to Europe in 1970s. My big moment finally come in the summer of 1998 when I was able to accompany my parents to Europe, where my father was to attend for a meeting. The service during the flight to Frankfurt was such nice that even today I can still remember them. The flight was really smooth and thorough enjoyable, even for someone as me, who is otherwise scared of flying.
2.trolleycheck in
1&5 BBCAB& 6&10 ACCBA& 11&15 CCBAA& 16&20 CCCBA
21A& No problemWith pleasureNot necessarilyA piece of cake
22C& be reduced to doing
23A& the young generationinforminformed
24B& ?whereIt was...vacation that I picked it up
25A& make a significant advancemodern agricultureagricultureA
26A& not until near the end of the letter
not untilNo until the teacher came in did the students stop talkingNot until next week will the sports meet be held
28B& Whatever
29D& breakBrendathe last timebreakdecided-ingD
30D& ?should+
31A& openA
32A& a large packetit
34B& variousevidentspecificstable
35C& bring out
36.A& (same)
37C& (similar)C
38D& (traditional)?personalordinarymeaningful
39B& public
40D& (secrets)(share)
42A& instead of
43A& (blog)
44C& (only)when
46D& (worried)
47.A& (problem)
48C& (mean)boringwrongfunny
49B& (However)(read)
51.D& (advantages)
52B& (know)
53C& (respond)(like)
55B& stay in contact withB
56.A& These were her best itemswhich were once worn by the most important person in my lifeI used to think that her stuff was as forever sacredas my memory of her
57B& I love trying to sniff out a memory from a vase or a drawer
58D& I know now that once I love... a new homeD
60B& new discoveries of rare plants are frequently being made hereB
61.C& There are hotels,inns and chalets at Kinabalu Park to suit one's budget.chaletshotelsinnsCcottage
62.A& 12Botanical GardenButterfly FarmA
63.D& 19NoteAdult?20.2060
65A& GaryValue Mart80A
67A& GaryA
The smaller dolphin,Grace,shows off a few of her tricks,turning around and waving hello to the crowd
GraceThe smaller dolphinturning around and waving hello to the crowd
68.C& she was fighting for her life
69.C& (peduncle)
70.D& Gracecourage
71.C& a big problem in schoolsespecially in high schoolsCa big problema headache
72.E& This usually occurs when someone does not study for a test or just does not feel like thinking.EE
As a boy& grown& up in India, I
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& growing
had longed to& traveling& abroad. I used
&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&travel
to listen to the stories my father told me about her stay in Canada and trips to
&&&&&&& his
Europe in&
1970s. My big moment
&&&&&&&&&&&&&& the
finally come in the summer of 1998
&&&&&&&&& came
when I was able to accompany my parents to Europe, where my father was to attend
a meeting. The service during the flight to Frankfurt was such nice
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& so
that even today I can still remember them. The flight was really smooth and
&thorough&& enjoyable, even for someone
thoroughly
&as& me, who is otherwise scared of flying.
That day ,my parents and I arrived at the airport early. We put our suitcases on a trolley and went first to check in with the airline.
After checking in, we went through passport control. Here an officer checked our passports, He stamped each of them. Then another officer searched our hand luggage.
At the gate, a lot of people were waiting to board the plane. Finally we got on the plane and found our seats. The plane was nearly full and the seats were narrow. My parents were to sleep as soon as the plane took off. I looked out of the window at our country and said to myself, &Goodbye. I'll be back soon.& Then I, too, fell asleep.}

我要回帖

更多关于 nice的比较级和最高级 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信