one is……one and anotherr is 后者is可省略吗

当前位置:
>>>小题1: One of the rules is that all the students must pay a_..
小题1: One of the rules is that all the students must pay a___________ to their teachers in class.小题2:Fall is another way of saying a______________.小题3: My mother p_______ coffee to tea. But I like tea a lot.小题4:I won’t go to his birthday party u________ I am invited.小题5:The old man lives alone and aren’t happy these days. Let’s go to see him and c________ him up.小题6: There will also be exciting things waiting for you a____________ with difficulties.小题7:It’s dishonest to try to c___________ one’s mistake with lies.小题8: I want to take care of my health, so I m_____________ eat fruit and vegetables.小题9:–W________ backpack is it?– I don’t know. Let’s ask them and find the owner.小题10: My watch is broken. I’ll get it m__________ this weekend.
题型:听力题难度:中档来源:不详
小题1:attention小题2:autumn小题3:prefers小题4:unless小题5:cheer小题6:along小题7:cover小题8:mainly小题9:whose小题10:mended试题分析:小题1:规则中的一条是所有的学生必须在课上注意老师。根据句意,故填attention小题2:Fall是秋天的另一种说法,根据句意,故填autumn小题3:与茶相比我的妈妈更喜欢咖啡,而我非常喜欢茶,根据句意,故填prefers小题4:如果我没有被邀请我就不会参加他的生日聚会,根据句意,故填unless小题5:那个老人这些天独自生活,他不高兴,让我们去看望他使他高兴起来吧,cheer sb up使某人高兴起来, 使某人振作起来,根据句意,故填cheer小题6:伴随这困难也会有令人兴奋的事情在等着你,根据句意,故填along小题7:用谎言设法掩盖错误是不诚实的,根据句意,故填cover小题8:我想照顾我的健康,所以我主要吃水果和蔬菜。根据句意,故填mainly小题9:这是谁的双肩背包?我不知道,让我们问问他们找到失主吧。根据句意,故填whose小题10:我的表坏了,这个周末我去修修它。Get sth done使某事被做。根据句意,故选mended
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“小题1: One of the rules is that all the students must pay a_..”主要考查你对&&物主代词,单词、词组&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
物主代词单词、词组
物主代词:表示所有关系的代词叫做物主代词,也叫人称代词的所有格。物主代词分为形容词性物主代词和名词性物主代词两种。物主代词有人称和数的变化。第三人称单数的物主代词还有性别的变化。物主代词的用法:物主代词既有表示所属的作用又有指代作用,例如:Joh apparently there was a broken glass on his desk.约翰割破了手指,显而易见,他桌子上有个破碎的玻璃杯。物主代词有形容词性(my, your等)和名词性(mine, yours等)两种:形容词性的物主代词属于限定词。名词性的物主代词在用法上相当于省略了中心名词的 -'s属格结构,例如:Jack's cap 意为 The cap is Jack's.His cap &&& 意为 The cap is his.
形容词性物主代词用法:1. 形容词性物主代词相当于形容词,在句中只能用作定语,后面必须跟名词。名词性物主代词常用来避免和前面已提及的名词重复。相当于【形容词性物主代词+名词】。例如: Is that yourbike? 那是你的自行车吗? My pen is quite different from his.2. 如果名词前用了形容词性物主代词,就不能再用冠词(a, an, the)、指示代词(this, that, these, those)等修饰词了。例如: 这是他的书桌。This is his desk.3. 与形容词一起修饰名词时,形容词性物主代词要放在形容词的前面。例如:his English books他的英语书。their Chinese friends他们的中国朋友。4. 汉语中经常会出现"我妈妈","你们老师"等这样的语言现象,虽然代词用的是"我"、"你们",但实际意义仍是"我的"、"你们的",所以在英译时,注意要用形容词性物主代词"my","your"。例如:你妈妈在家吗? 误:Is you mother at home? 正:Is yourmother at home?5. it's与its读音相同,he's与his读音相似,但使用时需注意它们的区别(it's和he's分别是it is和he is的缩略形式,但its 和his 却是形容词性物主代词) 。例如: It's a bird. Its name is Polly. 它是一只鸟。它的名字叫波利。 He's a student. His mother is a teacher. 他是一名学生。他妈妈是一位教师口诀:有“名”则"形“,无“名”则“名”。意思是:后面是名词的话,前面就要用 形容词性物主代词。后面没有名词的话,就用名词性物主代词。
名词性物主代词的句法功能:a. 作主语,例如:May I use your pen? Yours works better.我可以用一用你的钢笔吗? 你的比我的好用。b.作宾语,例如:I love my motherland as much as you love yours.我爱我的祖国就像你爱你的祖国一样深。c.作介词宾语,例如:You should interpret what I said in my sense of the word, not in yours.你应当按我所用的词义去解释我说的话,而不能按你自己的意义去解释。d.作主语补语,例如:The life I have is yours. It's yours. It's yours. 我的生命属于你,属于你,属于你。名词性物主代词可以用在介词of的后面,相当于“of+名词所有格”。口诀有“名”则"形“,无“名”则“名”。注:后面是名词的话,前面就要用 形容词性物主代词。后面没有名词的话,就用名词性物主代词.形容词性物主代词与名词性物主代词的区别:一.形容词性物主代词起形容词的作用,用在名词前。例:1. This is my book.这是我的书。2. We love our motherland.我们热爱我们的祖国。二.名词性物主代词起名词的作用。例:1. Look at the two pencils. The red one is yours and the blue one is mine.看那两支铅笔,红的是你的,蓝的是我的。2. He likes my pen. He doesn't like hers.他喜欢我的钢笔。不喜欢她的。3. 注意:在使用名词性物主代词时,必须有特定的语言环境,也就是要省略的名词。例:It's hers.是她的。(单独使用大家不知是怎么回事,不可以这样用)There is a book. It's hers.那有本书。是她的。(先提及,大家才明白)4. 名词性物主代词=形容词性物主代词+名词为避免重复使用名词,有时可用“名词性物主代词”来代替“形容词性物主代词+名词”的形式。例:My bag is yellow, her bag is red, his bag is blue and your bag is pink.为避免重复使用bag,可写成My bag is yellow, hers is red, his is blue and yours is pink.物主代词“形”变“名”歌:形物代变名物代掌握规律变得快多数词尾加-- smy,its,his要除外my把y来变成i接着再把 ne 带his,its 不用变词形一样莫奇怪根据最新人教版版和牛津版的初中英语教材的词汇量,一个水平较高的初中毕业生的词汇量应在2400左右。初中的单词和词组词汇量要求数量会不断增长。初中单词节选100例:1dryadj干的,干燥的2ill& adj 病的3hope& v 希望4composition& n 作文作品5 remember& v 记起,想起6 were& v 动词be(are)的过去式7 bit& n 一点儿,小片8 a bit& phr. 一点儿9 healthy& adj 健康的,健壮的10 grow up& phr. 成长,长大11 visit& v 参观,访问,拜访12 ago& adv 以前13 the day before yesterday& phr 前天14 enjoy& v 喜欢,享受...乐趣15 world& n 世界16 at the same time& phr. 同时17 a moment ago& phr. 刚才18 just now& phr. 不久以前,刚才19 reply& n & v 答复,回答20 by the way& phr. 顺便说,顺便问一下21 match& n 比赛,竞赛22 cold& adj 冷的,寒冷的23 drive& v 驾驶24 plan& n 计划25 diary& n 日记26 make telephone calls& phr. 打电话27 go out& phr. 外出,到外面28 India& n 印度29 went& v 动词go的过去式30 rain& v 下雨31 rained& v 动词rain的过去式32 momery& n 记忆力,存储器33 pack& v 打包,打行李34 everything& pron 每件事,每样东西,一切35 umbrella& n 伞,雨伞36 anyone& pron 任何人37 date& n 日期38 season& n 季节39 write down& phr. 写下,记下40 January& n 一月41 March& n 三月42 June& n 六月43 July& n 七月44 August& n 八月45 December& n 十二月46 spring& n 春天47 last& v 持续,耐久48 weather& n 天气49 warm& adj 暖和的,热情的50 come out& phr. (花)开,发(芽),出来51 heavily& adv 打量地,猛烈地,厉害地52 crop& n 庄稼,收成53 really& adv 确实,真正地54 snow& n & v 雪,下雪55 snowman& n 雪人56 all the year round& phr. 一年到头57 true& adj 真的,真实的58 nearly& adv 将近,几乎59 unlike& prep 不像,和...不同60 opposite& adj 对面的,相反的61 sunny& adj 晴朗的,阳光充足的62 cloud& n 云63 cloudy& adj 多云的,阴天的64 wet& adj 湿的65 rainy& adj 多雨的,下雨的66 wind& n 风67 windy& adj 有风的,风大的68 snowy& adj 多雪的,降雪的69 later& adv 以后,后来70 later on& phr. 后来,稍后71 ring& v (钟,铃等)响,摇铃72 ring up& phr. 打电话73 west& n & adj 西方、西部(的)74 strange& adj 奇怪的,陌生的75 sunshine& n 日光,阳光76 melon& n 瓜77 radio& n 收音机78 report& n & v 报导,报告79 north& n & v 北方(的),北部(的)80 south& n & v 南方(的),南部(的)81 at times& phr. 有时,偶尔82 northeast& n 东北,东北部83 temperature& n 温度84 above& prep 在...上面85 daytime& n 白天86 below& prep 在...下,低于87 northwest& n 西北,西北部88 lift& v (云,雾等)消散,(雨)停止89 worse&& adj & adv ( bad,ill的比较级)更坏,更差90 foggy& adj 有雾,多雾的91 low& adj 低的,浅,矮的92 birthday& n 生日93 invite& v 邀请,招待94 film& n 影片,电影95 hold& v 拿,握96 hold on& phr. (打电话时)等一等,不挂断97 message& n 消息,信息98 take/leave a message& phr. 捎/留口信99 ready& adj 准备好的,乐意的100 sandwich& n 三明治,夹心面包片初中词组总结:1.be born 出生于2.visit sb 拜访某人3.tell sb. sth. 告诉某人某事 tell sb.to do sth.告诉某人做某事4.tell sb&not to do sth.告诉某人不要做某事a)tell sb how to do sth 告诉某人怎样做某事b)go to a place to do sth 去某个地方做某事c)go to England to study English 去英国学习英语5.study at a middle school 在中学学习6. go boating 去划船 go fishing 去钓鱼7.go swimming 去游泳 go shopping 去购物 go skating 去滑冰8.at weekends 在周末9.at the age of 在……年龄10.come here at half past two every Saturday afternoon 每个星期六下午两点半来这儿11.take pictures 照相12.in one’s spare time 在业余时间13.come here to do sth. 来这儿做某事14.come in 进来15.sit down 坐下 stand up 起立16.ask sb. some questions 询问某人一些问题17.on May 2,1984 在日18.tell sb. the name of the street and the house number 告诉某人街道名字和房间号码19.like doing sth. 喜欢做某事 like to do sth.喜欢做某事20.become a teacher 成为一名教师 want to be a doctor 想成为一名教师21.return to China=come back to China 返回中国22.teach English at a famous medical college 在一所著名的医科大学教英语23.tall and healthy 个高又健康24.short and slim 个矮又苗条25.be clever and quick in doing things 在做事上聪明伶俐26.come here to learn singing 来这儿学唱歌27.tell sb.a funny story 给某人讲述有趣的故事28.on foot 步行a)on one’s way to school 在上学的路上b)on one’s way home 在回家的路上c)on one’s way to the hospital 在去医院的路上d)on one’s way to the cinema 在去电影院的路上e)on one’s way to see a film 在去看电影的路上29.see sb. do sth. 看见某人做某莫事 see sb.doing sth.看见某人正在做某事a)hear sb. do sth 听到某人做某事 hear sb. doing sth.听到某人正在做某事b)make sb.do sth 迫使某人做某事 help sb. (to) do sth.帮助某人做某事c)1et sb.do sth.让某人做某事 had better do sth.最好做某事30. fall to the ground 倒在地上31.go over 走过去,复习功课32. hurry to school 勿忙去上学33.be late for the first class 第一节课迟到34.say with a smile 微笑地说35.be glad to do sth.高兴做某事36.do a good thing (deed) 做一件好事37.fall ill=be i11 生病,患病38.take sb. to a hospital 把某人送到医院39.rain heavily 下大雨40.on the road 在公路上41.not know what to do 不知道该做什么42.just then 正在那时43.come up 走进,上来44.in front of 在……前面45.thank sb. again and again 反复感谢某人46.drive away (汽车)离开run away 跑开take away 拿走47.right away 立刻48.right now 此刻,刚才,现在49.get home 到家 get there 到达哪儿 get here 到达这儿50. yesterday morning 昨天晚上51.leave the hospital 离开医院52.no buses=not any buses 没有车53.say to sb.对某人说 say to oneself 自言自语54.fall off 跌落55.need to get up early 需要早起床56.hurt my arm 胳膊受伤57.What's wrong with you?=What's the matter with you? 你怎么了?58.do one's homework on the computer 在电脑上做作业59.have four English lessons 上四节英语课60.once a week 一周一次 twice a year 一年两次 three times a month 一个月三次61.do more listening and speaking 做大量的听说练习do some cleaning 扫除do some washing 洗衣服do some shopping 购物62.make good progress in English 在英语方面取得很大进步63.help a lot in our studies 在学习上给子很大帮助64.teach sb. English 教某人英语65.get to school 到达学校66.give sb.lessons 给某人上课67.ask sb.to do sth.要求某人做某事ask sb.not to do sth.要求某人不要做某事68.let sb. do sth.让某人做某事1et sb. not do sth.让某人不要做某事69.not……until 直到……才70.make one's lessons interesting 使某人的课上的很有趣71.tell sb. how to do sth.告诉某人怎样做某事72.try to learn new things be oneself 设法靠自己学一些新的知识73.want to be a history teacher 想成为一名历史老师74.grow up 长大75.in future 在将来76.computer room (电脑)机房77.language lab 语言室78.finish middle school 中学毕业79.want to become (be) a designer 想成为一名设计家80.wish to be doctor 希望成为一名医生81.an American boy 一个美国男孩儿82.study in a high school 在高中学习83.in Grade Eight 在八年级84.finish primary school 小学毕业85.start school at the age of seven=begin to school when I was seven 七岁开始上学86.move to Washington with his family 和他全家搬到华盛顿87.be interested in 对……感兴趣88.want to become a doctor of Chinese medicine 想成为一名中医89.come here to learn Chinese 来这儿学习中文90.a nice school 一所好的学校91.instead of 代替92.in many ways 在许多方面93.be different from 与……不同94.by the way 顺便说95.come back home 回家96.be sorry for 为…难过,遗憾97.feel sorry for 为…难过,遗憾98.burn away 燃烧没了99.open the door 开门100.take sb. in one's arms 拥抱某人101.have some medicine 吃药102.have a football match 进行一场足球比赛103.have a meeting 开会104.walk back 向后走105.give sth. back to sb. 把某物还给某人106. work through the night 通宵工作107.get through the examinations=pass the exam 通过考试108.happen to 发生l09.knock at the door 敲门110.want to do sth. 想做…111.fall down 掉下来112.begin to do sth. 开始做…113.have some tea 喝茶114.have sports 进行体育锻炼115.have a bad coId 得了重感冒116.have a good time 玩的很高兴117.keep back 向后退118.so…that 如此…以至于…
发现相似题
与“小题1: One of the rules is that all the students must pay a_..”考查相似的试题有:
260049285001292658300531319731287666小题1:D小题2:C小题3:A小题4:D试题分析:本文主要讨论了人的个性和智力是先天形成的还是受环境影响的。小题1:主旨大意题。首段首句指出作者要讨论的问题,第 2 段开始从两个方面解释 该问题,末段是总结段,由此看来,首段首句和末段首句提到的 human behavior 是本文的 中心内容,虽然文章首段第 2 句就提到 intelligent 一词, 但该句的 intelligent, cooperative, competitive 等都只是举例说明首句有关 personalities 和 behaviors 的问题, 由此可见,选项 B 并非本文主旨;作者提到两种理论是为了解释性格和行为形成的原因,并非讨论这两种理论形成的原因,因此 A和C两项均不正确。选D小题2:猜词题。根据文章内容,我们可以判断 proponent 应指人,指这两种理论的支持者,只有&advocates“拥护者”符合这种推测,故选 C。 小题3:段落大意题:题干问第五段主要关于什么,这要看第五段的结构。第一句Socially and politically, the consequences of these two theories are far-reaching.很明心是个概括句,下面的论据是为了证明这两个理论的相当大的影响。选A小题4:写作意图题:结合文章的首尾可知作者的写作目的是为了介绍社会科学领域的一个争论吗,答案选D
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
The United States is trying to improve an edueation system that produces millions of citizens who cannot read, write, or add—let alone finding their country on a map.In his first State of Union message since taking office a year ago, President George Bush promised to wipe out illiteracy(文盲) in the next decade and declared that“by the year 2008, U.S students must be first in the world in math and science achievements. ” They have a long way to go. American students were placed 14th in a recent general science test conducted in 16 countries. In a separate survey of chemistry students, the United States came 12 out of 14. In a mathematics test, they were last. According to Bush, there are 17 million illiterates in this country of 245 million people. Other estimates put the number as high as 23 million. In percentage terms, that ranks the United States alongside Niearague and below Cuba. “This nation,”Bush said in his State of the Union address, “will not accept anything but excellent in education.” Bush, who has declared himself “Education president”, and senior officals of his administration are warning that the United States will be unable to compete in the world without an educated workforce.How to increase educational standards is a matter of debate in a country whose schools have no uniform national curriculum and are subject to a confusing variety of state and local controls. Most experts think that the problem lies at the elementary and high school'levels rather than with universities-but even their graduates show huge gaps in general knowledge. Among the root causes most frequently mentioned in education debates is the low respect in which U.S. society holds teachers-in contrast to Japan and Germany. In Japan teaching is a profession of high prestige(威望) and high pay. In the United States teachers are near the bottom of the society.5.By“the United States came 12 out of 14”(Para. 2), the author means .&&&&&&A.the United States ranked 12th not 14th in the chemistry testB.the United States ranked 12th in the chemistry test conducted by 14 countriesC.the United States progressed from 14th to 12th in the chemistry test D.the United States ranked 12th in chemistry test and 14th in general science test6.The cause of low educational level in America include the following EXCEPT that .&&&&&&A.some problems exist in primary and secondary educationB.society keeps teachers in low respectC.America pays more attention to economy instead of educationD.America has no uniform national courses7.Which of the following statements can be inferred from the passage?A.President Bush carried out his promise made in his first State of Union message.B.The education in Japan and Germany is in higher level.C.According to Bush, the number of illiterates accounts for 9% of the total.D.Teachers in the United States enjoy good treatment and great respect.8.Which of the following is the right order of the least-first of the percent of illiterates?A.Germany, Cuba, Nicaragua.&&&&&&&& B.Germany, Nicaragua, Cuba.C.Nicaragua, Japan, Cuba.&&&&&&&&&&& D.Cuba, Japan, Nicaragua.
For some people, the sight of a mouse can be reason to scream. For other mice, the same sight can be reason to sing. Mice will probably&& 21&&sing their way to any concert, but researchers in the United States have found&& 22&&that mice do,&& 23&, sing. Scientists already knew that mice make ultrasonic(超声波) sounds—noises that are too high-pitched(高音的) for people to hear&& 24&&special equipment. To find out whether mice put such sounds together in song-like&& 25&, the researchers recorded the sounds of 1 mice. Using computer&& 26&, they were able to separate the sounds into specific types of syllables(音节), and found the mice produced about 10 syllables per second. The results showed that nearly all of the mice repeated sequences(顺序) of syllables in different patterns. That’s enough to meet the definition of what scientists&& 27&&song. But not all scientists are&& 28& _ that what the mice are doing is&& 29&&singing. To prove it, the researchers must show that there’s learning involved. And, they need to __& 30&&why the mice sing.21. A. almost&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. even&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. never&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. usually22. A. coincidence&&&&&&& B. evidence&&&&&&&&&& C. guidance&&&&&&&&& D. instance23. A. at once &&&&&&&&&&&&& B. by means&&&&&&&&& C. for example&&&&&&&&&&&& D. in fact24. A. during&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. inside&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. through&&&&&&&&&&& D. without25. A. fashions&&&&&&&&&&&& B. instructions &&&&&& C. patterns&&&&&&&&&&& D. styles26. A. access&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. printer&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. screen &&&&&&&&&&&&& D. software27. A. call&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. hear&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. sing&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. write28. A. accustomed&&&&&&& B. convinced&&&&&&&& C. involved&&&&&&&&&& D. qualified29. A. actually&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. obviously&&&&&&&& C. simply&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. unlikely30. A. figure out&&&&&&&&& B. get about&&&&&&&&& C. run across&&&&&&&& D. talk over
You may not& have heard of Ashoka,& but for the past 27 years,this association, founded by Bill Drayton, has fought& poverty (贫穷)and sickness, promoted education and& encouraged small businesses. To support these worthy causes, Ashoka provides money for the world's most& promising "changemakers" seeking to solve (解决) urgent problems and would like to create a& world in which every citizen is a changemaker.Drayton believes that anyone can become an agent for change. The important thing is to simply give yourself permission. If you see a problem that you care about, you can help solve it. The young in particular are willing to accept this concept because at heart every child wants to grow into a happy, healthy,& contributing adult. In fact It is many young people's ambition to set up programmes or businesses that improve social conditions. An excellent example is an Ashoka project started in 1995 in Dhaka, which handled the rubbish problem facing the city ,helped local farmers and provided an income for poor people there .When Masqsood and Iftekhar began to study the problem of all the uncollected rubbish that lay in Dhaka’s streets,Attracting tats and disease , they discovered that 80% of it was natural waste . So they educated the poor people in the city to compost (把……制成堆粪)this waste . They knew that they would have a market for the end product because local farmers were struggling with chemical ferntilisers (化肥) which were expensive and had reduced the natural minerals in the soil over the years . At first , they were refused ,but once they were able to persuade them that there was money to be made , the project took off. In 2009 sales were $14,000.Drayton is optimistic that in ten years Ashoka will be making really serious ,practical progress in bringing about social change by changing the way we look at economic development.小题1:Which of the following could be the best title for the passage?A.changemakersB.BusinessmenC.Social ConditionsD.Rubbish Problem小题2:The underlined word "them" in Paragraph 3 probably refers to"&&&&&&&"A.the local farmers B.Masqsood and IftekharC.Drayton and his teamD.the poor people in Dhaka小题3:It can be concluded from the passage that anyone can become a changemaker if he&&&&& .A.considers Drayton's conceptB.gets permission from AshokaC.tries to improve social conditionsD.is a young, happy and healthy adult小题4:The authors attitude towards Ashoka's program can be described as &&&&&&&A.changingB.forgivingC.cautiousD.Positive
How far would you be willing to go to satisfy your need to know? Far enough to find out your possibility of dying from a terrible disease? These days that’s more than an academic question,as Tracy Smith reports in our Cover Story.There are now more than a thousand genetic(基因的)tests,for everything from baldness to breast cancer,and the list is growing.Question is do you really want to know what might eventually kill you? For instance,Nobel Prize-winning scientist James Watson,one of the first people to map their entire genetic makeup, is said to have asked not to be told if he were at a higher risk for& Alzheimer’(老年痴呆症).“If I tell you that you have an increased risk of getting a terrible disease,that could weigh on your mind and make you anxious,through which you see the rest of your 1ife as you wait for that disease to hit you.It could really mess you up.”Said Dr.Robert Green,a Harvard geneticist.“Every ache and pain,”Smith suggested,could be understood as“the beginning of the e nd.”“That’s right.If you ever worried you were at risk for Alzheimer's disease,then every time you can’t find your car in the parking lot,you think the disease has started.”Dr.Green has been thinking about this issue for years.He led a study of people who wanted to know if they were at a higher genetic risk for Alzheimer’s.It was thought that people who got bad news would,for lack of a better medical term,freak out.But Green and his team found that there was “no significant difference”between how people handled good news and possibly the worst news of their lives.In fact,most people think they can handle it.People who ask for the information usually can handle the information,good or bad,said Green.小题1:The first paragraph is meant to .A.ask some questionsB.introduce the topicC.satisfy readers,curiosity D.describe an academic fact小题2:Which of the following is true of James Watson?A.He is strongly in favor of the present genetic tests.B.He is more likely to suffer from Alzheimer's disease.C.He believes genetic mapping can help cure any disease.D.He doesn’t want to know his chance of getting a disease.小题3:According to Paragraphs 3 and 4,if a person is at a higher genetic risk,it is .A.advisable not to let him knowB.impossible to hide his diseaseC.better to inform him immediately D.necessary to remove his anxiety小题4:The underlined part“freak out”in Paragraph 5 is closest in meaning to .A.break downB.drop outC.leave offD.turn away小题5:The study led by Dr.Green indicates that people .A.prefer to hear good newsB.tend to find out the truthC.can accept some bad news D.have the right to be informed
A large number of people in the world eat fast food. Whenever you go into a fast food restaurant, you can see lots of people enjoying their meals there. How do you know in which country people like fast food best?  The English people are the world’s biggest fans of fast food, while the French are the least interested in quick meals, according to a survey done last year.  The survey of thirteen countries shows 45% of the English people say they can’t give up fast food because it’s delicious. And 44% of Americans and 37% of Canadians say the same.  The French, proud of their delicious cuisine, don’t like fast food. 81% of them think it is unhealthy, followed by 75% of the Japanese.  How about the Chinese? How often do you have hamburgers or fried chicken? It doesn’t matter whether you like Western fast food or Chinese food. The most important thing is to keep a balanced diet.小题1:According to the survey, some people can’t give up fast food because _____.A.it’s cheapB.it’s safeC.it’s deliciousD.it’s healthy From the survey,小题2:We know _____ like fast food best.A.the ChineseB.the FrenchC.the JapaneseD.the English小题3:The survey is about _______.A.Western countriesB.fast foodC.restaurants in the worldD.Chinese food小题4:The word “cuisine” in the passage means _______.A.foodB.houseC.waterD.country
San Francisco,unofficially regarded as one of the homeless capitals of the US,counts nearly 6,500 homeless people, with 4,300 living on the street. Among the many problems that the homeless face is little or no access to showers.San Francisco only has about 16 to 20 shower stations to accommodate them.But Doniece Sandoval has made it her task to change that. “Homelessness is something you can’t really miss,”the 51-year-old woman said.She started Lava Mae,a sort of showers on wheels, a new project that aims to turn old city buses into shower stations for the homeless.“One day I passed a woman in the street and she was very dirty and basically crying,and I heard her say that she would never be clean.But I was wondering what her opportunities were to actually get clean,” Sandoval said. Sandoval was inspired to start Lava Mae. The project has already been welcomed with open arms in the city.The Transportation Agency has donated one bus for the cause and is willing to donate three more if the project succeeds.Sandoval hopes the first bus will be able to hit the road in May this year.The Public Commission has also agreed to let the buses plug into fire hydrants(消防龙头)around the city if Lava Mae& pays for the water. One of Lava Mae’s biggest supporters is Bevan Dufty, the director of Housing Opportunity, Partnerships & Engagement under the mayor of San Francisco.“For people who are unhoused,access to showers is very difficult.Shower buses are something that could potentially be deployed (部署)in response to an emergency,so it is relevant to all San Franciscans," Dufty said.“Doniece has done an incredible job as a citizen who cares about helping the poor.We are very excited to see Lava Mae become real soon.”&& Each bus will have two shower stations and Sandoval expects that by 2015,they’ll be able to provide 2000 showers a week.小题1:What problem does San Francisco face according to the text?A.The city has the most homeless people in the USA.B.There are no shower stations for the homeless in the city.C.It’s hard for homeless people in the city to take showers.D.Few citizens in the city care about the homeless.小题2:What does the underlined word ''them” in Paragraph 2 refer to?A.City problems.B.Shower stations.C.Old buses.D.The homeless.小题3:Which of the following best describes Doniece Sandoval?A.Brave and independent.B.Caring and responsible.C.Honest and determined.D.Friendly and humorous.小题4:What can we learn from Dufty’s words?A.All San Franciscans are excited to use Lava Mae.B.Emergencies in San Francisco will be prevented by Lava Mae.C.Dufty thinks highly of Doniece's way of helping the poor.D.The mayor of San Francisco will support Doniece financially.小题5:What can be a suitable title for the text?A.A newly invented way of showerB.Showers on Wheels for the HomelessC.The health problem of the homelessD.Lave Mae-a new name for old city buses
From the health point of view we are living in a marvelous age. We are immunized from birth against many of the most dangerous diseases. A large number of once fatal illnesses can now be cured by modern drugs and surgery. It is almost certain that one day remedies will be found for the most stubborn remaining diseases. The expectation of life has increased enormously. But though the possibility of living a long and happy life is greater than ever before, every day we witness the incredible slaughter of men, women and children on the roads. Man versus the motor-car ! It is a never-ending battle which man is losing. Thousands of people the world over are killed or horribly killed each year and we are quietly sitting back and letting it happen.It has been rightly said that when a man is sitting behind a steering wheel, his car becomes the extension of his personality. There is no doubt that the motor-car often brings out a man’s very worst qualities. People who are normally quiet and pleasant may become unrecognizable when they are behind a steering-wheel. They swear, they are ill-mannered and aggressive, willful as two-years-olds and utterly selfish. All their hidden frustrations, disappointments and jealousies seem to be brought to the surface by the act of driving.The surprising thing is that society smiles so benignly on the motorist and seems to condone his behaviour. Everything is done for his convenience. Cities are allowed to become almost uninhabitable bec towns are made ug the countryside is desecra and the mass annual slaughter becomes nothing more than a statistic, to be conveniently forgotten.It is high time a world code were created to reduce this senseless waste of human life. With regard to driving, the laws of some countries are notoriously lax and even the strictest are not strict enough. A code which was universally accepted could only have a dramatically beneficial effect on the accident rate. Here are a few examples of some the things that might be done. The driving test should be standardized and made far more
all the drivers should be made to take a test eve the age at which young people are allowed to drive any vehicle should be raised to at least 21; all vehicles should be put through stringent annual tests for safety. Even the smallest amount of alcohol in the blood can impair a person’s driving ability. Present drinking and driving laws (where they exist) should be mad much stricter. Maximum and minimum speed limits should be imposed on all roads. Governments should lay down safety specifications for manufacturers, as has been done in the USA. All advertising stressing power and performance should be banned. These measures may sound inordinately harsh. But surely nothing should be considered as to severe if tit results in reducing the annual toll of human life. After all, the world is for human beings, not motor-cars.小题1:The main idea of this passage is[A] Traffic accidents are mainly caused by motorists.Thousands of people the world over are killed each year.[C] The laws of some countries about driving are too lax.[D] Only stricter traffic laws can prevent accidents.小题2:What does the author think of society toward motorists?[A] Society smiles on the motorists.Huge car parks are built in the cities and towns.[C] Victims of accidents are nothing.[D] Society condones their rude driving.小题3:Why does the author say:’ his car becomes the extension of his personality?’[A] Driving can show his real self.Driving can show the other part of his personality.[C] Driving can bring out his character.[D] His car embodies his temper.小题4:.Which of the followings is NOT mentioned as a way against traffic accidents?[A] Build more highways.Stricter driving tests.[C] Test drivers every three years.[D] raise age limit and lay down safety specifications.小题5:.The attitude of the author is[A] ironicalcritical[C] appealing[D] militantVocabulary1.immunise &&&&&&&&&&&&使免疫,使免除2.expectation of life =" life" expectancy &&&平均寿命3.versus =" against" &&&&&&&&&&&&对顶,反对4.mutilate &&&&&&&&&&&&伤害5.wilful &&&&&&&&&&&&任性的,固执的6.benign &&&&&&&&&&&&宽厚的,仁慈的7.condone &&&&&&&&&&&&宽容8.desecrate &&&&&&&&&亵渎,玷污9.code &&&&&&&&&&&&法规,规定,惯例10.stringent &&&&&&&&&严格的,紧急的,迫切的11.performance &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&演出,成品,这里是指car’ s behavior such as speed,function etc.可译成行为,汽车行为、功能等。难句译注1.Man versus the motor-car ! It is a never-ending battle which man is losing.【参考译文】人和汽车对抗!这是一场人类永远是输家的无休止的战斗。2.All advertising stressing power and performance should be banned.【参考译文】应当禁止所有强调力量和表现行为的广告。写作方法与文章大意文章论述“交通事故”,采用因果、对比手法。从人的平均寿命增加和交通事故率成正比谈起,触及事故率上升的原因,要求制定更严格的法规予以制止种种造成事故的不良行为。
It’s really true what people say about English politeness: it’s everywhere. When squeezing& past someone in a narrow passage, people say “sorry”. When getting off a bus, English passengers say “thank you” rather than the driver. In Germany, people would never dream of doing these things. After all, squeezing past others is sometimes unavoidable, and the bus driver is only doing his job. I used to think the same way, without questioning it, until I started traveling to the British Isles, and here are some more polite ways of interacting& with people in UK.People thank each other everywhere in England, all the time. When people buy something in a shop, customer and shop assistant in most cases thank each other twice or more. In Germany, it would be exceptional to hear more than one thank you in such a conversation. British students thank their lecturers when leaving the room. English employers thank their employees for doing their jobs, as opposite to Germans, who would normally think that paying their workers money is already enough.Another thing I observed during my stay was that English people rarely criticize others. Even when I was working and mistakes were pointed out to me, my employers emphasized several times but none of their explanations were intended as criticism. It has been my impression that by avoiding criticism, English people are making an effort to make others feel comfortable. This also is showed in other ways. British men still open doors for women, and British men are more likely to treat women to a meal than German men. However, I do need to point out here that this applies to English men a bit more than it would to Scottish men! Yes, the latter are a bit tightfisted.小题1:What is the author’s attitude towards English politeness?A.He thinks it is unnecessary.B.He thinks little of it.C.He appreciates it very much.D.He thinks it goes too far.小题2:What can be inferred from the passage?A.German men never treat a woman to dinner.B.The author think it’s unnecessary to say “thank you” to the bus driver.C.In Germany, employers often say “thank you” to employees for their job.D.Germans think it is unnecessary to thank workers because payment is enough.小题3:We can learn from the last paragraph that Scottish men ______.A.like to fight with each otherB.treat women in a polite wayC.are as generous as English menD.are unwilling to spend money for women小题4:The author develops the text through the method of ______.A.making comparisonsB.telling storiesC.giving reasonsD.giving examples}

我要回帖

更多关于 one way or another 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信