many children like to use the telephone六级选词填空空

热门搜索:
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
九年级英语牛津版9B 初三选词填空
选词填空1.  We have been in Australia for three days.We ___1_____ a great time here , Australia is the sixth _____2_____ country in the world . There is so much to see that is impossible for me ____3___ you everything. Sydney is a beautiful city.There are many big trees and beautiful flowers _____4____ the houses and they look really beautiful. There are also some special _____5_____ in Australia, such as kangaroos and koalas.They are really lovely.
  During the past three days we ____6_____ many places of interst around Sydney. I'd like to spend more time here , ____7______ we will fly to another city,Cairns,to see coral beds (珊瑚礁) tomorrow. It ______8____ that words cannot describe the beauty of the colourful corals. Many famous cartoon films were made there. Now we are busy ___9_____ our bags so that we will not lose time when we leave . We can enjoy _____10___ in Cairns this time tomorrow. I'm looking forword to going there.2.  
  What do you do to get pocket money from your parents ? In Western countries, many children _____1_____ chores (短工) to get pocket money .They _____2____ start to do this at 10 years old .School students have to do homework and study for tests .They don't have a lot of ____3____ in the week .They often do chores at the weekend. Young kids only do ____4____ chores. So they don't get much money .____5_____ that's all right. Many of _____6____ only want to buy candy . And candy is cheap! They help wash up after dinner,and feed the family cat or dog. When they get older, kids want to buy more and more things. They want things that are _____7___ than candy .Then they have to work harder! They often wash the family car, cut the grass,___8___ the dog or cook the dinner. Some jobs are a good ___9_____ for kids to learn new things .____10_____ ,they can learn to use a lawnmower (割草机) or how to cook. Of course, their parents help them at first.    3.    
A businessman had worked so much .He found that he couldn't sleep at night, but often ____1_____ during the day .He became very ____2_____ ,so he went to see his doctor.
&Can you help me ,doctor ?& he asked , &I used to sleep so well, but now I sleep ____3_____ two hours at night .& The doctor looked him over ____4_____ ,gave him some tests ,asked him _____5_____ less hard, and told him to take some medicine to help him. The doctor said he was ____6_____ that the man was not seriously ill . And he would soon be well .
But the businessman's illness grew ____7_____ .He slept even less than before at night and was still falling asleep in his office .It took the doctor _______8____ to find out the _____9____ :the businessman's wife ____10______ him the sleeping medicine in the morning and the medicine to keep him awake at night..4      Schoolwork is sometimes annjoying (烦恼) but I don't think it's ever ___1______ .We get lots of interesting ______2_____ things to do .
  Sometimes , a project is just a long article .In Language Arts (English) , we write articles and speeches about things that _____3____ in history on our birthdays. In Science,we once ____4____ bridges using only toothpicks (牙签) and candy !I love projects like that .
  Projects are a long part of our grades .So, it's very ____5____ if a project involves a thing that you're good or bad at.I am bad _____6___ building things out of strange objects .So, when a science project involved building a model, my grade for that whole term was ___7_ .On the other hand ,when an Art
involved drawing a picture of myself ,I was able to save my terrible grade.
   Projects can make people wonderful leaders too.I was ____8__ working on a speech with another guy .I did ____9____ the research ,typed it up and printed the pictures.He didn't do very much .I was becoming angry ,____10__ then I realized that I had never asked him for help or told him what to do !    
5.    I am a person who can get angry easily. But after reading an article from my English teacher , things
  ____1____a lot .
studying at a boarding (寄宿的) school, so I
2 learn not only how to study well, but also how to
with others. Some of us are
while others are quiet. It is common that people have problems and arguments. So how can we be tolerant?
Smiling at
is the easiest way. Another way is to think
your ideas are reasonable (有道理的) and right
before having an argument. If others' ideas are really not good, keep an open
7 . Try to forgive them. Having a friend is
better than having an enemy after all!
Also, don't point out other's
in public. This will mean people lose face and get hurt . If you really want to help, send a letter instead. On the other hand, if someone points out your disadvantages(缺点), don't be
10 . Just think this is a person who really wants to help you and become friends. Remember: Tolerance makes life easier.    6.     Rainforests cover six percent of the earth's surface. There are rainforests in many _____1____ of the world ,but the biggest forests are in South America, Africa and South East Asia. There aren't any rainforests in Europe or North America.
  About 75% of all the types of animals ____2_____ from rainforests. Thousands and thousands of animals live in rainforests. There are many
beautiful birds ,insects and reptiles. Many of them live in trees, over 30 metres from the _____3____ .There are also thousands of different plants___and lots of them are tall trees! It is always hot in a rainforest and the ground is always wet. It is ___4____ very dark there.
  The rainforests are very importent for us.We ___5____ them! The trees and other plants in the forest help to make the air that we breath.They also help to control the ____6____. They give us wood, rubber, fruits and many of our medicines.
  Unfortunately, in many places, the rainforests are in danger. For example, many _____7____ ago there was a large rainforest in Java. There were thousands of different plants and animals in the forest, but now there is nothing .People cut down the trees ____8_____ they wanted to grow rice . They also wanted to grow rubber trees____9___ rubber. Many animals lived in the rainforest .Some of them went to other parts of Java, but many of them disappeared forever .The same thing _____10_____ now in many other parts of the world .The rainforests are in danger!  7.
Children like to copy what they hear .They copy their parents , their friends and even the TV. This teaches them how _____1______ the language. Copying also does _____2_____ to students of a second language .When you _____3_____ foreigners speak English , repeat what they say _____4_____ you can .
Children don't practice grammar, but use the language to talk about things that interest them. They don't _____5______ vocabulary (词汇)or poor grammar.They find ways to express themselves ,and they do it successfully.
Students of English school also pay their attention to communication (交流) .Look for ____6_____ to talk with people in English .If you can't find a _____7_____ to talk to ,talk with other students of English ____9____ .Start an English discussion group and talk about music ,movies or anything that ____8_____ you .
Don't worry about ____10____, what you want is to learn how to communicate easily and comfortably .Remember that you communicate successfully even with a small vocabulary.
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________8Once upon a time the animals of the forest came together to see ____1_____ was the most beautiful . All the animals were happy and excited .However, the snake was very sad ____2_____ she knew she was not beautiful. The cock was very kind ____3_____ her .He lent the snake his crown .The snake told the cock she ___4_____ him the crown early the next morning .The snake put the beautiful crown on her head and glided along proudly,like a queen. The animals said she was ___5_____ .When she came happily to a large pool of water, the snake didn't see the pool. She ___6_____ the pool and ____7___ the crown .She tried __8____ to look for it ,but she couldn't find it .She was afraid ____9___ the cock .The next morning ,the cock still got up early and _____10_____ the snake ,but the snake didn't come .Till nowadays ,the cock still gets up early each morning and crows &cock -a-doodle!& He is saying ,&Where are you?&9.When were having an English test this morning ,I felt some body was watching me a little too closely .I turned my ____1____ quickly and saw Jack, who sat right behind me . My eyes caught ____2____ and he said very quietly,&I hope you studied for this ____3_____!&
&What am I going to do ?& I thought to myself .I ____4_____ cheating (作弊) in exams .Besides,I ___5____ hard for the test .Clearly Jack hadn't . During the exam I tried several ways _____6_____ my answewrs so that Jack wouldn't see them.When the exam ____7____,I felt I should let him cheating was ____8___. And I didn't want to destroy our friendship .My mind ____9_____ the right worlds.
&Sorry,Jack,____10_____ you know how I feel about cheating .&I said slowly and gently . &Maybe I could help you study before the next test.& &OK, Bob ,& he smiled weakly , &It might not be easy ,but I'll have a try.&10.People and animals live in the same world .We should keep the balance _____1_____ people and animals .If the balance ____2___ ,there will be bad result to both people and animals .Wild animals are ___3____of people .We have to protect them, ___4_____ there will be no wild animals in the future .There is a black and white animal ____5___ in China .It is always known as the national treasure (国宝) of China. Everyone ____6___ it is called Giant Panda. Now there are ____7____ pandas than before .Most of them live in Sichuan and Gansu Provinces .There are some other rare animals in China . __8_____,the number ____9____ smaller and smaller than before .So people should try their best to help these animals .They are in danger of ____10_____ from the world.11.The Internet has become part of teenage life .There's a report on 3,375 students aged ____1_____ 10 to18 in seven Chinese cities .It _____2____ that 38 per cent of them believe they use the Internet often .While most of them get ____3____ information and use the Internet to help in their studies .some are not using it in a good way . Many ___4____ online games too much .A few even visit websites they should not ____5__. Bad things can happen if young people spend too much time on the Internet.
____6_____ help young people use the Internet in a good way ,a textbook on good Internet behavior ___7____
to be used in some Shanghai middle schools this term. It uses real examples to teach students all about good ways of ____8____ the Internet. It gives useful advice ____9___ it's good to read news or find helpful information to study. Some students also make online friends. But if you are meeting a friend offline, let your parents know.
Teachers and parents all think the book is a very good idea. It will teach students how to be a good person in the online world. It will be a ___10____ for teens using the Internet and keep students away from bad sites.    12.    
Beethoven had an ugly face and a very ____1_____ temper, but people liked ____2____
him to their homes . When he lost his temper, they forgave him. He was ofen poor and ill during his life. After one illness, he suddenly ___3_____ himself deaf. At that time he was ___4____ thirty-one. What a blow it was to him!
___5_____ this didn't stop Beethoven _____6___ on in his life . He went on ___7___ much music . He wrote long pieces and short pieces, happy ones and ____8____ ones. During his life, he composed(作曲) about three hundred pieces. To people's ___9_____, he wrote some of his best and most beautiful pieces ____10____ he became deaf. Many of them are known and loved all over the world.    13.  Climbing a mountain is hard work. But one step after another finally brings a person to the ______. Along the way, he can stop and look _______. And the higher he climbs, the more wonderful his view (视野) is. If he keeps climbing, he will have a new world before him. He will have a new way of _______ everything.
Now learning _______ language is something like climbing a mountain. This new language can give you a new view of life. And it is more than a look at the surface (表面) of things. It can open the way into people's minds and hearts, into a culture (文化) very _______ from the one of your own. This will make you ________ in things that money can't buy.
Even though you never set foot on a ship or a plane, you can be an armchair ______ through books.
Like the mountain climber who stops now and then _______ the scenery around him, everyone who is interested in reading will find _______ in books as he fights on to learn more and more of that new language.14. 
Water, like air and sunshine ,is very ____1_____ to living things . . All animals and plants need water.Without water, there can be no life on earth.
 Man also ___2______ water. He needs it _____3_____ , to cook and to clean himself. It even _____4_____ the greater part of his body.
Water is almost everywhere. It covers most parts of the earth. It is in lakes, rivers and seas. Even in the _____5____ places of the world, there is water in the air.
However, most of the water on earth is seawater. There is too much ____6_____ in it. So it is not good for drinking or washing. We can only drink or use fresh water. It makes up only a very small part of all the water on earth.
To make things even worse, our need for water ______7_______and, at the same time, we are wasting the clean fresh water. We are polluting the lakes and rivers.____8______, there is not much drinking water left.
_____9____ we may say, we are now living in a _____10______ world.15.Sarah is very excited. She is going to be 13 ___1____ two weeks. Her mother says it is a big day, because she will be a teenager. She said that Sarah could have a tea party __2___.
  Sarah has 20 people in her class, but her mother said she could ____3___ all of them. So they bought beautiful cards and wrote down the guests' (客人) names, and the time, date and place of the party. Sarah's mother also wrote down her telephone number so that guests could reply (回复). Then, they ____4___
the invitations.
When you ___5_____ an invitation, it is polite to reply as soon as ____6______ .
You can ____7______ write a reply or make a telephone call. It's especially important when it is a wedding (婚礼) or anniversary (周年纪念日) invitation.
Sarah received 19 replies. One boy did not reply. &He is very rude!& said Sarah's mother.
The party was held in Sarah's village. Her guests brought birthday presents ____8____ flowers for her parents. It is polite to bring a gift for your ____9_____, even if it is only small. It means you are thanking him or her for inviting you!
Sarah really enjoyed her party and wrote letters to all the guests,___10 ___ them for their presents. It is polite to write and thank the host for inviting you. Say how much you enjoyed the party, even if you didn't!    16.  Yesterday, I read a report on a charity show in a newspaper. The aim of the show was to
money for the poor children. In the country areas, some children are out of school because their parents can't __2___ for their education.
To my surprise, many famous performers 5 the charity show, such as Andy Liu, Jay, Faye Wang, Kitty Chen and so on. The stars didn't ask for any pay. They did it for __3____ ! There were a lot of performances ___4___ singing and dancing. The ___5___ was so excited that they clapped their hands from time to time. Of course, the show was
All the people followed the star's example. A great number of people showed their generosity in ____7__
their money to the show. Both the ticket money and the donated money were soon sent to the poor areas and some of the poor children can get back to school now.
  Now many charity shows are held in our country, not only to ____8___ education in poor areas but also to help people in trouble. As the Chinese saying goes, &All the others will come to one's rescue(援助) ___9____ one is in trouble.& I ___10___ the whole world will become better if every one of us gives charity to others.17.It is well known that man is much cleverer than any animal. But which is the cleverest_______ the animals? Some scientists ______ it should be Alex, an African grey parrot. He is unlike any other animals.He can really ______with people! when he says &Come here&,He really ______someone to come up to him.
&Alex is as clever as _____of two or three years old,''says Dr Pepperberg.& He does not just repeat the ______he has been taught. He ______the words!''
Alex can tell about fifty _____things'name seven colours and count from one to six.
Is the parrot actually thinking in the _____how man does? Nobody can say. But the ____is very interesting.   18.
Last Wednesday,Mr Chen took his class to the Space Museum.
There ___1___ many things about space there. First, the children watched a movie about space. travel. They saw ___2___ the space shuttle(航天飞船)____3___ in space and later landed on earth ___4____ . It was very exciting and the children felt that they were travelling in space themselves!
After the movie, Mr Chen took them ____5___ some models of rockets(火箭)___6____ the space shuttle. The models looked very real,but they were much ___7___. The children also saw some moonstones. Tow ___8___ landed (着陆)on the moon in 1969. They put an American flag(旗)there. Then they brought some stones back to the __9____.
____10___ the children left, they watched a video show about people living and working in a space lab(太空实验室).The space lab was very big. There were kitchens, bathrooms,bedrooms and a big workshop for people to work in. The people could stay in the space lab for months.20.Knowing how to use a computer is an essential skill for everyone
____1___ wants to succeed in today's world . One basic computer program that everyone should learn to use is the word processing program . Most types of writing are
___2____ produced with a word processing program . For
____3_____ , everyone must sometimes write a business letter . Using a computer allows you to arrange(整理、排列)and rearrange information easily , making your writing more
____4___ and exactly correct . Word processing programs can help you check your
___5____ and grammar . A computer makes it easy to correct
____6_____ .
Computers can be
___7_____ for much more than word processing , however . Other areas are picture design , programming , and creating new
___8___. Jobs ____9___ the computer field are growing , and strong computer skills can ___10____ you well now and into the future .21Why do so many people around the world love Chinese cooking?In China,cooking is an
,just like music,dance and painting.However,there is
than just one kind of Chinese food.Different areas in China have special
of cooking because of the differences in weather and geography.
  Traditional Chinese doctors believe we need a balance of yin and yang to be
.Maybe you should eat yang foods,
beef when you feel weak or tired.And you should eat yin foods like tofu while you are too stressed out or
.Chinese believe people who eat a balanced diet should be healthier than
who only eat foods that taste good.
is much more to Chinese food than just taste.Behind many dishes are traditions with deep meaning.One Chinese food tradition is to eat long noodles on your birthday as a symbol of long life.
traditional food,yuan xiao,suggests that a family will always stay together.On the Spring Festival,people often eat fish,because yu
like the word meaning&more than enough&.
  From north to south,east to west,people are sure to find some kind of Chinese food to suit their taste and interest.    22.
When I was four, I started playing the piano. It was___1___ work for me. I had to ___2___ every day for more than two hours. After years of practice, I decided to take a piano_____3____ . It was important to me.
When the big day_____4____ , my parents took me to the examination hall. Mum and Dad smiled ___5_____ me and said: &Good luck.& Their words made me feel much more _____6____. I thought I could make it. The first piece was easy for me. Maybe I got____7____ happy to play carefully. I made a mistake just at that moment. I got very nervous. I made myself forget _____8____
and put all my heart into playing. Luckily, I didn't ______9____ any more mistakes.
The next day I went to find the ____10_____ . I saw a piece of paper on the wall. &I passed!& I shouted loudly. I felt so lucky!23.If you ask me ___1____ my future ambition(雄心) is, I won't say any great words to show I am a man ____2___ great minds. I may tell you: My ambition is to save our earth!
You must be ___3_____ to hear that. I will tell you the reason. It's __4____ I once had a terrible dream. In the dream, I couldn't see ____5____. Deserts nearly took up(占据) the very little farmland. I felt thirsty, but there was no water. Though I cried 'Help' again and again, there was no answer...Suddenly, I _____6____and realized that it was only a dream. However, it is coming true. That's all our human being's(人类的) faults. We must save our earth.
  Long ago, human beings already began destroying(破坏) the earth. They killed animals, cut___7____, and many forests have disappeared. Cars are also giving out waste gas into the air.
  Our life is getting better now, but at the same time, we are beginning to ___8____the bad results: The weather is getting worse and the natural resources are running out. ___9____, we human beings have taken some actions: The birth rate(出生率) more trees are being planted... However, not everyone has taken that seriously.
I hope human beings will all be civilized(文明的). I ____10____to save our earth together with everybody else. That's what I want to do in the 21st century.
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________24William Shakespeare was a writer of plays and poems. Some of his most famous _______ are Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth. He wrote thirty-seven plays in all. They are still popular today.
He _________ in 1564 in England. At school he liked _________ plays. He decided to be an _________ when he finished school at the age of fourteen. In 1582, he ________ a farmer's daughter. She was eight years _______ than he was. Their first child was a daughter. Later they had twins. In 1585, Shakespeare left his hometown, Stratford-upon-Avon. His wife and children stayed behind. No one knows why he left or what he did ,between 1585 and 1592.
  ________ twenty-eight he moved to London and joined a theatre company which opened the Globe Theatre in 1599. He became an actor, and he also wrote plays. He usually acted in his own plays. He earned almost no money from his writing. But he _________ a lot of money from acting. With the money he bought a large house in his hometown.
At the age of forty-nine, Shakespeare retired(退休) and went to live in StratforduponAvon. He _________ at the age of fifty-two. He left his money to his family. He left his genius to the world. You still see his plays in English and in many other languages. He is one of ________ writers in the world.  25he , one,
call ,short,
make , look for ,because ,dead ,around ,silence    Do you know Charlie Chaplin? He is a well-known actor, film artist, comedy master. Chaplin was born in London in 1889. He made his first trip to the USA in 1910. On his first night in New York, he walked____1___ the theatre district. 'This is it!' he told.___2____ 'This is where I belong!' In 1913, he joined Mack Sennett's Keystone in New Year. By 1914 his dream had come true. His name was widely talked about in America. He was admired as the king of ___3____ films.
  Charlie's ___4_____
film released(发行) in February in 1914,
____5_____ Making a Living. Though it didn't satisfy Charlie, people liked it. ____6____ after, Charlie became a very important man in the USA.
One of Charlie Chaplin's most famous films was The Gold Rush, which _____7____ in 1925. At that time, gold was discovered in California and thousands of people rushed there ___8____ gold.
In 1952, he was forced to leave the USA
___9____ one of his films was considered to be an attack on the USA government. In 1953, he settled down(定居) in Switzerland. On the Christmas morning in 1977, when his family woke him up and wished him a happy Christmas
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________26.&For those who haven't been to Tibet,Tfor those who have_________ been there,Tibet is an experience,&said Li Wan,a graduate fromZhongshan University, &To local Tibetans, Tibet is a way of life.___________ to me ,living there is my life-time goal.&
  M.s Li suddenly showed her strong interest in Tibet after having worked in a big company for less than three months.Since 2001,____________most of her time in a war that is a challenge to her life---she has got to every cornerof Tibet during eight ____________.
Li's first trip to Tibet was only ____________her loving freedom.She enteredTibetalong the Yunnan-Tibetan road.Although she couldn't speak a ___________ of Tibetan language,this didn't
really stop her from talking with local people successfully. & To me,they are free,happy and _____________ to nature.It appears to me that people should live ____________,singing while working ,dancing while living,&Li said .
Li ___________ Tibet in words and photos . &My goal in the next ten years is ____________
a good documentary ,& said Li.
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________27pay, nice, bird, never, buy, be, get, so, east, make
  A world without trees could 1
be called home. With dirty air, no clean water and no birds, who could live there?
  If you want to make your home more worthy of its name, take action this Chinese Tree Planting Day! And you can be sure you won't be the only one. Weeks before the day, many people are already 2_______ ready to make the world greener.
  Some people are going to parks and hills to plant trees. 3
a tree or a piece of land in the city centre might be just a nice dream for you, but people in 4________China, in places like Zhejiang and Jiangsu, are doing just that. They only need to 5
around 50 yuan for a tree or 500 yuan for a piece of land. Then all they have to do is to take care of the tree or piece of land from time to time. Trees have become part of the family. In Sichuan people have come up with even 6________ideas. On March 12, people will go to the panda nature reserve (自然保护区) and plant bamboos for the pandas!
  Chinese Tree Planting Day came from Doctor Sun Yansen. He started calling for tree planting in the 19th century. In order to remember him, In 1979 China 7
March 12 Tree Planting Day.
  Can you guess how many trees have 8 _______planted in China in the past 26 years? Around 40 billion! That's enough trees to go around the earth 994 times. Trees are good for many things, 9_______the more, the better.
Even more than this, a tree near your house means you don't have to worry about being late for school any more.
songs will wake you up early every morning! Already thinking about where to plant your first tree? Get going!
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________27tall, through, relax, help, begin, life, a, as, something, real
I have been in love with writing for a long time, in fact for three years, since the time I read Teens. It's a joy and I also find it very 1________. At the 2_____ , I wrote very long pieces. My teacher worried about my grammar and spent a long time 3
me. Every page I wrote was full of mistakes. But I did enjoy writing. I don't know whether my writing skills have improved or not over the three years. But I don't 4
care. It's enough for me that 5_________reading and writing I have learned so much. Everything passes. I'm sitting here watching the time fly. I've grown 6
. My clothes have become shorter. My hair has grown longer. I have stood on the playground, both crying and laughing. These are my thoughts as my junior years come to
bad lasts forever. But does it matter? We must continue on our 9________journey: struggling (奋斗),wondering (彷徨), failing and succeeding. We have to leave people behind, but their faces and voices, the jokes they told, the mistakes they made, remains with us _10 _memories.
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________28enjoy,
  What's your favorite month of the year? I'm not sure I have one, but when I was a student, my favorite month was not September. That's 1_________we always started school that month. I would much rather have spent time with my friends than 2_________in class and listen to the teacher talk! Maybe some of you feel the same way.
Still, as I've gotten older, I now appreciate my school years much more. And 3_________back, I really appreciate some of my 4_________. Remember to 5_________your teachers on Teachers' Day this month. They do their best to help you learn.
  We hope this month's magazine will have something to get you 6 __________about learning English! I thought about my family when I read this month's article about the Taunton family. My mother had 7_________hard time getting my sister, my five brothers and me ready for school.
The Tauntons have 34 children to get ready for school! That must 8_________a lot of work. I enjoyed the wonderful story of how that family has opened their home to children in need. I hope you 9__________ it, too. Whether you're 10________school or out of school, learning should still be interesting and fun.
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________  29  strong,
As Junior 3 students, we are busy studying for the coming entrance exam. Every day we have lots of exercises to do and many exams to 1_______. Some of us feel upset, and some even lose heart. But we will not help ourselves if we lose heart.
There is a saying, &Difficulty is like a spring (弹簧)-
If you are weak, it will be 2_____.& If we have a problem we should 3_____ it with a smile.
Once I read a short story called &The smile& written by a 4 _________writer. In this book, he talks about his experience as a pilot in World War II. He was 5_______by the enemy and sent to jail, but he tried to think of ways to escape.
One day he wanted to smoke but he had no matches. He asked his jailor for a light. When the jailor came up to him, he smiled 6 __________and naturally. The jailor seemed to be affected and smiled, too.
Then they began to talk. They both took out pictures of their families and showed them to each other. The pilot said sadly that he would never see his family again because he was to be killed. He would not have a chance to see his children 7______up.
The jailor was moved by the pilot's words.
Without saying a word he unlocked the door and quietly released him. 8_________a result of a smile, the pilot was saved.
This man did not give up. Even in a terrible situation he was optimistic (乐观的). Surely we can do the same. Life is 9______a mirror, if you smile at it, it will smile 10_____at you, too.
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________30  cause,
different,
The year's always seen many comebacks: Faye Wong and The Little Tiger 1__________ long-time-no-see performances at the CCTV Spring Festival Gala.
On April 16 and 17, Twins will 2__________ to the Hong Kong Coliseum(红馆) for a concert that marks their 3__________ anniversary(周年纪念).
The Twins' comeback is a bit 4________ from Wong's and The Little Tigers. Back in 5__________ 2008, the sexually photos taken by Edison Cha 6________the group to break up.
In a way, the comeback concert will be a test of 7_______ they can return to where they were, or something 8_______.
It's easy to imagine the pressure they're under right now.
No one is perfect, even some great people. That's probably because they always show 9_______ bright side on stage or on the red carpet. But they're people, after all. They 10______ make mistakes and work harder to stand up.
   1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________31  cry,
something,
People cry when they feel very bad.
They cry when something terrible happens, like a 1_______in the family. They cry when they feel very sad or very angry. They cry when they cannot do 2 _____about a problem, and they feel 3_________.
People 4_______cry when they feel very good. They cry when something wonderful happens.
In the United States until lately men were not supposed to cry. Crying was weak and only for women. Men were 5______to be strong. But things are 6________.
Men are beginning to realize that it is all right to show their feelings. Women are learning that sometimes they can do something about a problem instead of just
7 _________. They try not to cry in a public place or in front of a 8______child. Chemists have been studying how people cry. They say the body produces two kinds of tears. One kind cleans out the eye if it gets dirt in it. But when people cry because of their feelings, these tears contain poison chemicals in 9 _________. The body is getting rid of chemicals 10_________ by strong feelings.
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________32  fast,
encourage,
  Paris-a dream city for many people! It is a city of food and art.
And from this summer, it will become a city of bikes. On July the 1______, when Paris people wake up, they will find 2_____of bikes in hundreds of bike stations in the city. The bikes are for rental(出租). You can ride 3______for free for half an hour. If you want to use one 4______, you should pay a little money. Paris believes that 5_________people to ride bikes is good for the environment. There will be fewer cars on roads, 6_______less pollution. Jack, a Paris official said, &We think riding bikes may make Paris greener and quieter. With cleaner air, people can live better 7______.&But Paris is not the first French city to encourage people to ride bikes. Lyon, France's third-largest city 8_________it two years ago. &It's 9_________than the bus or the subway, good exercise, and almost free. & said Jim, a 19-year-old student from Lyon. He uses a bike four or five 10______ a day and pays only $ 13 a year.
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________    33   when
please whole pain grow
Tom is the son of a farm
. One New Year's Day, when he was 15, his father asked him to work on the farm for one year
he was free. Tom was
with his father's idea. &That isn't my job. I have too much school work to do.& Hearing this, his father said, &I promise (许诺) to give you the best present if you can
finish one
work.& Tom thought for a while and agreed.
Starting one Saturday, the boy got up early and worked hard
evening, just like any other farmer. Time passed quickly. Tom's crops (庄稼)
well. On the last day of the year, the father called his son to him. &I'm happy to see that you have worked very hard the
year,& said the father. &Now , tell me what you want,& The boy smiled and showed his father a big piece of bread
from his wheat (小麦). &I've already got the
best present. No
, no gains. I think this is what you wanted me to know.& His father was quite
to hear that.
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________34   write science
story sleep
close healthy less wake first sound what
   A strange thing happens to nearly everybody at night. They turn off the lights, pull up the covers and
their eyes. After they sleep for six or seven hours, they wake up again. It
very strange, doesn't it?
   Sleep puzzles (使困惑) science all the time.
and doctors would like to talk about why one can't fall
. They are not so sure
causes sleep.
   You will sleep the best both when you are in good
and when you don't eat too much or too
No worries and a comfortable place to sleep are important, too. They advise against two in
   Strange things happen during sleep. For example, you often move during your sleep. You would feel tired if you don't move. You also dream. Part of your brain (大脑) is still
when you dream.
   Don' worry if you dream. Some great
10 and poems were finished while their
were dreaming.
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________
choose, interest, teach, cover, subject, get, place, say, like, language, free, practice
  I chose Xiyuan High School after reading about it on a newspaper. Here we learn Chinese, maths and English. We also learn computer science and business. I'm ___1___ in business. The course ____2____ a lot of business fields and I have to do a lot of study myself.
  I like the school library with many books and computers. I can borrow books and go on the Internet freely. When I'm ___3____, I usually go to the library. If I'm in my bedroom, I would like to watch TV programs to improve my English and do some reading. Xiyuan is a nice city and the people here are very friendly. I've made many friends here and I'm glad to say I'm ______4_____ on quite well with them.
  Xiyuan is a bit smaller than Shaoxing, but there are quite a few beautiful _____5____ of interest to go in the daytime and the night life is very good, too.
  I don't have to worry about ____6_____ problems. All subjects in our school except Chinese ____7____ by English or American teachers, ______8_____ most schools in China today. In this way, I have been able ______9_____ my English more often.
  I enjoy my life here in Xiyuan and I'm glad I ____10______ it. When I finish at Xiyuan High School, I'd like to go on with my study in business.
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________
happen, hurry, once, part, enough, large, as, village, interest, enjoy
  Reading newspaper has becoming an important ___1____ of our everyday life. Many people read newspapers _____2____ the first thing to do in the morning, others read newspapers as soon as they are free during the day so that they can learn what is _____3_____ in the world.
  Sometimes, however, we do not have ____4______ time to read all the news carefully, so we just take a quick look at the front page, at other times, we may be in such a _____5____ that we only have a few minutes to look at the names of the passages.
  Newspapers can be found everywhere in the world. We can get many different kinds of newspapers in the big cities, of course, but in some of the mountains ____6____ we can see few newspapers.
  Some newspapers are published ____7_____ a week, but most of the newspapers are published once a day with many pages, some even published twice a day! As you know different people ______8____ reading different newspapers, some like sports news some like economic news and others prefer short stories. They just choose what they are ______9_____ in.
  Today newspapers in English have the ____10_____ number of readers in the world.
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________
chance include
Many American families live busy lives. Every week, the children have sports, music lessons, club meetings, and many other activities, ____1__ hours of homework. The parents are busy, too. They work, take care __2__ their homes, cook meals, and drive their children to activities. Some families do not have time to eat meals together _____3__than once a week. One American community decided that it was ____4__to take a break.
After seven months of planning, the community of Ridgewood, New Jersey, took one night off. They called __5__ &Family Night&, a night for families to spend time together. Sports teams stopped their practices, and teachers did not give ___6_____.
On Family Night, families agreed to turn off their televisions. They also decided not to ___7____ the telephone. Answering machines said, &Please call back tomorrow.& Many families ordered take-out pizza and other take-out food ___8___ that they wouldn't spend time cooking.
Popular activities included board games and card games. These games gave families a ____9____ to spend time together. Children and parents weren't so busy, and children didn't spend so much time playing video games and watching television. On Family Night, families ___10___ and spent the evening together. The town hopes to have many more &Family Nights&.
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________
There was a little boy with a bad temper(脾气)。His father(1)_________ him some nails to knock into the back fence(栅栏) when he lost his temper. The first day the boy knocked 37 nails(2)________ the fence. Then it began to become less. He (3)_________it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.
(4)__________the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at a11.He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy should now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days (5)__________and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.
The father took his son (6)___________the hand and led him to the fence. He said,&You have done well. my son, but look at the fence. It will (8)__________be the same. When you say things in anger,they leave a scar(痕迹)(9)___________ like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry. the wound(伤口) is still there. A verbal(言语)wound is as (10)____________as a physical(肉体)one.
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________
become , hundred , use , set , talk
,among , many , England
Do you have an English Corner in your school?
Our English Corner was ____1____up a year ago. Every Sunday afternoon, students from different classes gather around here.__2____of students have been here since it appeared. In the corner, we practice___3__with each other. Many teachers often join in the activities of our English Corner, too. We talk in English about___4___we are interested in. We usually have many topics to ___5____about at the English Corner. We can talk about our hobbies, families and so on. We can also learn by heart some__6_____expressions and greetings. Sometimes we sing English songs or play English games. We all have a good time here.
We feel that we have learned a lot that___7___be learned in English classes. So English Corner___8______necessary and more and more popular___9____middle school students.
If you want to know___10____about the corner, join us.
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________40 help
  The police do many things for us. They help keep our things and us safe. They help keep cars moving 1_______. They take care of people who are 2________. They see these people get to a doctor.
  The police go around town to see that everything is all right. They get around town 3________ many ways. Some of them walk or go by car. In some big cities, some of the police ride on horse. It is strange to see these animals in the street.
  As they go around town, the police help people. Sometimes they find 4________ children. They take the children home. 5_______ the police see a fight, they put an end to it at once. Sometimes people will ask the police how to get to a place in town. The police can always tell the people which way to go to. They know all the streets and roads 6_________ than we do.
  Some police stand at the crossing. They tell the cars when to go and when to stop. They make sure 7_________ the cars do not go too fast. They 8________ children cross the street. They also help people who can not walk too well.
  9________ the police, our streets would not be safe. Cars might go too fast and hurt people. Lost people might never be found. The police do a good job. Without them, 10_________ of people might die. So we should thank them for a job well done.
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________41  call
difference
  Nowadays China is much 1______ than before, so there are a lot of important meetings here. Many countries get together 2_______ the spirit of business among them. China is one of the 3_______ of APEC, along with Indonesia, Japan, Thailand, the United States, Australia and so on. APEC 2001 4________ in Shanghai, China. Leaders from 5_______ countries discussed ways how 6_______ the economy around the world. They spoke 7______ of Shanghai. Mexican President said, &APEC 2001 is very 8______, as we hope. We 9______ a lot from China since we came here.& In the meeting, leaders wore special coats 10_______ &Tang Zhuang& that were made of silk. All the leaders were satisfied with the design.
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________42help
Japan's students are trying a new kind of traveling. In the past, students 1_______ went to museums. They went by bus. Many students 2
asleep in the museum. But now students are going to small villages. They explore the great outdoors, and 3
leave the country.
  Experiential education(体验式教学) is now very popular in North America. It is also becoming more and more popular in Japan. Just look at JTB, Japan's biggest travel agency. It has more than 300 different travel programs for students and schools. More than 300 different travel programs for students and schools. More than 25 schools have joined the programs
are the students going? They travel to fishing villages in Kyushu, Japanese villages in Hawaii, and
farm villages in China. Some even go to English classes in England. Students also enjoy 6
disabled people. They help these people get around. 7________ doing so, they learn how to take care of others. It's an experience
most students will never forget.
  Traveling in Japan 9
helps the local economy (经济). Fishing and farming villages have a hard time in modern Japan. Now more and more people come to visit these villages. Group of students coming every year might bring people there money and help them live a 10
  1._________
2.________
3. ________
4. ________
5. ________
  6. ________
7. ________
8. ________
9. ________
10. ________  43.      These years, with the development of society(社会), more and more teenagers have suffered from stress. Some of the problems can make them feel very w
and unhappy all day. Who can help them? A teacher from a college tried his best to help them. He thought of a lot of
to help them. On Monday and Thursday, you can
his hotline. Here are some ideas how to keep the young men healthier in every way.
_, it is very important to keep healthy. To get enough sleep every day is also necessary. Try to have a ___5____ diet every day. Secondly, maybe you are not the top student. It doesn't matter. The most important thing is _____6____ . If you try your best, your teachers and parents will understand you. If you have some problems, you should be
_7__ to talk with your teachers and parents. They can help you. Remember
_8____ your happiness and
___ with your good friends. Sometimes you can go out for a walk.
  In a word, you can try to make you happy by _____10___ . I'm sure you can be happy every day.44      
  One night a man came to my house. He told me, &There is a family with eight _________.They have not eaten for days.& After I asked him where the family was, I took some _________ with me and left.
  When I got to that family, I __________ those little children were too hungry to say ________.There was no sadness in their eyes, just the deep pain of hunger. I gave the food to the mother .She took half of it,and then __________.When she returned ,I asked her , &________ did you go ?& She gave me this simple _________, &To my neighbours-They are also __________!&
  I was not surprised that she gave ,because poor people are always kind . But I was surprised that she knew her __________ were hungry. Usually ,when we are in trouble ,we always ________ ourselves first, and we have no time for others.45   Do you ever stop to think What reading really is? What happens when you read? You look at words and say, or pronounce them when you read out ____71____ . You look at each word and think of its meaning when you read to ____72____ . But reading is
____73____
than saying or thinking words. It is understanding the message the words have for you.
 There certain things you must do if you wish _____74____ what you read. The _____75____ thing you must do is to keep your mind on what you are reading. You cannot read history and think about football at the same time.
One day the teacher ____76____ Dan to read aloud from his history book. Dan pronounced each word ___77_____ . But when Miss Gray asked him to tell his own words what he ____78____ . Dan looked _____79_____ Then he said, &I'm sorry, Miss Gray, but I was not listening.&
 Dan had tried hard to pronounce the words correctly-so hard that he forgot to pay attention to the message the words had for him. He had not kept in mind on what he was reading.
 If you keep your mind on what you are reading, you will become a ____80_____ reader.
 71. _________72_________ 73. _________
74. _________
75. _________
 76. ________ 77. _________78. _________ 79. _________
80. _________  46
,name ,well ,worst , notice
Naming the Baby
  Parents always think their babies are very special. They want others to
their children. For this reason, they sometimes give their children unusual
. They may choose names such as Chelma, Ukiah, Brianna, or Elvira. There are some advantages to this practice. A child who is
an uncommon name may feel special from childhood.
, sometimes we remember people with unusual names
than we remember people with ordinary names.
, unusual names can cause problems. They can be hard for teachers and friends to pronounce. They can also be hard to spell,
computers may automatically(自动地) change them. For example, Jule may become July. Some people may have a bad impression on an unusual name
they even meet the person.
of all, other children sometimes don't like kids with uncommon names. The message for parents is, &Think
before you give your child an unusual name.&  47pen,
  A good way to
_an examination is to work hard in the year. you may
in an examination if you are
for most of the year then work hard only a few days before the exam. Try to read
as many as you can .A few days before the examination you should start going to bed
  Before you start the examination ,read
the question paper .Try to understand the meating of
question before you pick up your
to write. When you have at last 94
your examination ,read over your answer, correct (改正)the mistake if there are any, and make sure that you have not 95
anything out.  48.
Rainforests are important places for people and animals. There are different
of rainforests. Some are high in the mountains and
are near the sea. In the last forty years , humans have harmed (伤害) half of the
rainforests.
 Rainforests are home to about fifty
people. There are also millions of animals, plants and insects
there. When we harm the rainforests, people
their homes and thousands of kinds of animals and plants disappear.
these animals and plants have disappeared(消灭,灭绝), we will never see them
. The weather in a rainforest is hot
year around. The weather is always wet, too .
The Amazon rainforest is about a hundred million years old, and has
kinds of animals and plants than any other rainforests on the earth. People have now cut down much of this rainforest to plant coffee and sugar.49.Last spring I was walking in a park. In front of me there was a mum and her 3-year-old
daughter .The little girl was holding a string (线),which had a balloon at the other ___1____. All of a sudden, a ____2____ wind took the balloon from the little girl. I thought she would cry . But ,no! As the little girl turned to watch her balloon
rise to the____3__ ,she cheerfully shouted out, &Wow!&
That ____4____
me something .Later that day, I received a phone call from my friend ,he told me an unexpected problem. I felt like _____5____ with &Oh, no,what should we do?& But remembering that little girl ,I found _____6_____ saying:&Wow,that is interesting ! How can I help you ?& One thing isfor sure--- life is always going to make us _____7___ unexpected problems .However ,how to deal with them is our choice .We can choose to be annoyed or ____8___ .No matter what the situation is ,a wow will be of great _____9_____ &Oh, no.& So the next time you meet one of life's unexpected ______10____,remember that little girl and make it a &Wow! &experience .The &Wow!&always works。
九年级英语牛津版9B 2010年盐城市中考英语试题 中考真题九年级英语牛津版9B Unit 2 Robots 单元测试题 笔试部分 (100分) 一、选择填空(15分) 1. ______...第二学期期末考试英语试卷 大有中学 孙春芹 第一卷(选择题,共90分) 一、听力 (共20小题...Life on mars 9B Unit 1 Reading Reading 2 Revision A: Answer the following questions about the...牛津9B Unit 1 Life on Mars 词组: 1.at the moment 当前 2. by the year 2100 到2100年 3. first ...南沈灶中学9B Unit4英语讲学稿 主备人:金敏 审核人: 执教人: 签字人: 学生姓名: 总课题 9B Uni...9B Unit 4 Great people 单元练习 一、单项选择 1. The fox the chickens were killed was shot. A....牛津9B Unit 1 Main task crowded planet The population on Earth is about 6.4 billion in 2007. ...9B Unit 4 知识点讲解 一、词汇 1.fight n. 飞行,班机 fly-flight-flew-flown-flying flight-jour...Ⅰ. 单项选择。(共20小题,每小题1分;满分20分) 从每小题所给的A. B.C.D四个选项中选出可以填入空...
& 2007 - 2012 Dangzhi. All Rights Reserved. 京ICP备号}

我要回帖

更多关于 四级选词填空技巧 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信