续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
64页免费3页免费198页2下载券7页免费15页1下载券64页2下载券68页1下载券126页4下载券2页免费70页1下载券
喜欢此文档的还喜欢8页免费16页免费86页1下载券5页1下载券8页免费
100篇PS国外申请范文|10​篇​P​S​国​外​申​请​范​文
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
你可能喜欢Four Seconds to Lose (Ten Tiny Breaths Series #3) by K. A. Tucker | 8 | NOOK Book (eBook) | Barnes & Noble
Four Seconds to Lose (Ten Tiny Breaths Series #3) [NOOK Book]
Add to List +
Available on NOOK devices and apps
NOOK Devices
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK 7.0
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK 10.1
NOOK HD Tablet
NOOK HD+ Tablet
NOOK eReaders
NOOK Color
NOOK Tablet
Tablet/Phone
NOOK for Windows 8 Tablet
NOOK for iOS
NOOK for Android
NOOK Kids for iPad
NOOK for Windows 8
NOOK for PC
NOOK for Mac
NOOK for Web
Want a NOOK?
All Available Formats & Editions
NOOK Book (1)
Paperback (1)
I believe you don’t have years, or months, or weeks to impact a person’s life. You have seconds. Seconds to win them over, and seconds to lose them.
Owning a strip club isn’t the fantasy most guys expect it to be. With long hours, a staff with enough issues to keep a psych ward in business, and the police regularly on his case, twenty-nine-year-old Cain is starting to second-guess his unspoken mission to save the women he employs. And then blond, brown-eyed Charlie Rourke walks through his door, and things get really complicated. Cain abides by a strict “no sleeping with his staff” rule. But being around Charlie challenges Cain’s self-control . . . and it’s been a long time since any woman has done that.
Twenty-two-year-old Charlie Rourke needs a lot of money, really fast, in order to vanish before it’s too late. Taking her clothes off for men makes her stomach curl, but Charlie tells herself that at least she’s putting her acting and dancing skills to good use. And though her fellow dancers seem eager to nab their sexy, sophisticated, and genuinely caring boss, she’s not interested. After all, Charlie Rourke doesn’t really exist—and the girl pretending to be her can’t get distracted by romance.
Unfortunately, Charlie soon discovers that developing feelings for Cain is inevitable, and that those feelings may not be unrequited—but losing him when he finds out what she’s involved with will be more painful than any other sentence awaiting her.
Average Rating 4.5
I honestly don?t even feel like writing a review for this. I fee
I honestly don&t even feel like writing a review for this. I feel like this series has gone so down for me that I&m not even sure I want to read Ben&s book. If this is any indication then I&m going to DNF his book which I do not want to happen. Ehhhh.. Okokok, I&ll try not to rant too much and say everything I have to say nicely.&For all that I hate about what I&ve done, there&s one thing I can&t regret. It led me to him.&Cade was a pretty decent character in previous books even if he was there just as a very minor character. I appreciate his attitude towards women. He respects them and as weird as it is to think about a strip club owner being nice, polite and for him to mean strictly business&that is all Cade. He has had a rough time in his youth and that was the catalyst to why he is the way he is now.&Charlie on the other hand& Oh boy. I liked her at first, but then grew to dislike her, because girl..?? You know, you KNOW Cade has the means to save your pretty self from this web of lies and deception yet you still don&t use it *pulls her hair* Plus, after all that talk about how malicious Sam (her stepdad) can be and how hard it is to play your move against him, the final scenes in the showdown sure did feel like anything but hard since the climax to the whole drug-maffia thing was so mild and non-eventful that it actually made me laugh out loud of its silliness. It literally felt like all that huge build up was for nothing other than just to throw a few anti-climatic pages in my face and be done with it *eyeroll*&Also, the love drama? Ehhhh& I liked the build-up very much. When they got together though, it lost the edge a little, and honestly? Some months after reading it I don&t even remember much of the romance. I guess it didn&t leave a huge impression on me. Also, I remember that this book had the good ole &girls steps into the room when another girl is on the guy&s lap and it&s actually very innocent& um. No. Please don&t. I found the explanation the most ridiculous ever and it just made me make a weird face and tap to the next page that more quickly.&I don&t even feel much towards this book other than disappointment mostly thanks to the ending since the beginning was so promising and then it suddenly all fell apart. I didn&t hate it per se, but it&s one of those books that I will never re-read. It would have gotten a tad higher rating than One Tiny Lie, but due to the mild climax of the whole storyarc in this book? Naahhhh, not gonna happen. Only one thing will save Tucker in my eyes and that&s Ben&s book. If that doesn&t work either then I&m done for good.&Overall rating: 2.4 out of 5.0 Originally published on my blog @ Little Pieces of Imagination
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful? & Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you, this review has been flagged.
A fantastic read!!
First of all, let me start by saying that Kacey has nothing on baggage when it comes to Charlie. Then add Cain into the mix? Yeah, so much baggage they need their own conveyor belt at an airport baggage claim. Both Charlie and Cain are so tormented by their past it is crazy they are still walking around and living life. I had major feels for these two people. But I didn&t feel that way about Charlie at the start. Oh no. Let me explain&
When the book first started I was all against her. I didn&t like her lifestyle. I didn&t like her lies. I didn&t like her. At all. She worried constantly that Cain was going to be her &pimp&. When the whole time her stepdad is doing just that, but in a different way. So here I am just reading along thinking I don&t much care for her and then BAM! All of a sudden I am 80% into the story and it hits me. I do like this girl. I don&t want to see her get hurt. I don&t want to see her gone and away from Cain. I need these two together and happy. This girl needs to be with Cain. She is the first person in years that has been able to wake him up and breathe life into his broken soul. She needs Cain to make her feel some sense of worth in her fractured life. He is the only one who can. They need each other.
Tucker pulled another winner out of her butt with this one. (And I mean that in the best way possible.Truly I do.) I wasn&t sure I was going to like it with my dislike of Charlie in the beginning, but I truly did. It was fantastic, it was edgy, it was hot! It was an absolute winner in my opinion. Throwing in all my favorite parts of a great book (lots of romance, snarky humor, life and death suspense) I found it hard to put this book down. And when I did, I found myself wanting to pick it right back up again. It pulled at me and sought my attention. I am absolutely blown away by this series. Each one is uniquely different and so very endearing.
Old characters make some appearances, new characters prove they are worthy of their own story, and a kick ass storyline shows us that this book is most assuredly a must read. Now bring on Ben's story. I.Am.Ready!
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
I absolutely loved this story! It was such a great addition to t
I absolutely loved this story! It was such a great addition to the series and I am so happy I finally got around to reading it. I honestly didn't think I was going to like the story since I never really cared about Cain's personal life, but boy was I wrong. K.A. Tucker had me hooked with her beautiful, calligraphy type, writing style. The only thing I didn't like was what we find out about Penny in the end. It felt cheap and like it was thrown in to make the reader say, &What!& There should have been hints or signs leading to our ending discovery, but other than that I absolutely loved the story. If you haven't read this book read make sure you do as soon as possible. You won't regret it.
I've been wondering what Cain's story was from the first time I
I've been wondering what Cain's story was from the first time I met him in the pages of Ten Tiny Breaths. &I thought I got to know him a little then but it turns out what I'd guessed was just the tip of the iceberg. &I mean you don't often hear of strip club owners who value their &girls& so much. &I was hoping K.A. Tucker would be able to do him justice, and boy did she.Charlie is to be admired. &She's managed to find a way to get herself (mostly) out of a bad situation. &She's doing whatever it takes to make a clean break. &The circumstances will amaze you. &I swear, when the truth was revealed, my eyes widened and my jaw dropped open in disbelief. &I guess growing up the way she did taught her how to keep herself together and in control. &I was so afraid for her and Cain. &I totally understood why she didn't, no COULDN'T afford to fall in love.This book was REALLY intense. &I was literally walking around in circles and reading at the same time. &Every time I sat down, I'd get antsy and would have to get up again. &I'd even put the book down and try to do something else so I could calm down, but that wasn't happening. &My mind and heart were firmly entrenched in the story. &My heart was in my throat for a lot of the book, but it was just that good. &This book has some grey areas, but so do all the other books in this series. &The grey areas are what make the characters so easy to relate to. &It's easy to say you wouldn't do something, but when it comes down to survival or keeping a loved one safe, there are no limits to what people can or will do. &As you can tell somethings went down in this book and I'm totally a-okay with them. &Basically you have to pick up this book. &It can be read as stand alone but there are some awesome books that precede it. &Check them out!
K. A. Tucker never fails! Cain and Charlie are so great together
K. A. Tucker never fails! Cain and Charlie are so great together and their story is a powerful one. One Tiny Lie is still my favorite, but the way Cain loves Charlie...its irresistible!&
I read a ton but rarely write a review. This author deserves a review...amazing writer and amazing story. Loved all 3 books in this series.
I have enjoyed this series so much.
I really liked Ten Tiny Bre
I have enjoyed this series so much. &I really liked Ten Tiny Breaths and One Tiny Lie, and couldn't wait to read Four Seconds to Lose, because I was so curious about Cain's story and I couldn't wait to meet Charlie. &True to form, K.A. Tucker writes a book that sucks you in from the get go and keeps you there until the very last page. &This has been one of my favorite books so far this year, and one of the best books I've read in a long time. & &I loved Cain from the get go and have been so curious to know more about him. &We originally were introduced to him in Ten Tiny Breaths. &He owns a strip club, but is nothing like you would expect a strip club owner to be. &He truly cares about the girls and wants to help them, a desire that was born from past tragic events that have scarred him and left him with many regrets, something he is trying to make amends for. &Cain is very hot, mysterious, and only lets people get so close to him. &There are very few that really know him on a deep level, which is how he likes it. &He prefers to keep business and his personal life separate. &He really is a good guy at heart though and I just loved him. &He is calm, cool, and collected, that is until he meets Charlie, who causes his world to turn upside down then totally rocks it. &I loved Charlie's character also. &I felt sorry for her, wanted to shake her, slap her, and then hug her. &Charlie also has deep dark secrets and is running from a life and family that are not only dangerous, but also deadly. &She wasn't looking for friends or a relationship, but she falls hard for Cain, just as hard as he falls for her. &The story itself had the feel of a romantic suspense to me. &There was the great romance that K.A. Tucker writes so well, and there are things that transpire that will have your biting your nails, delving into a world of violence and darkness, where sometimes getting things right involves doing something wrong in order to save those you love. &While each of the books in this series (and they can be read as stand alones), have the romance we all are looking for, they each have their own individual story that makes them stand apart from one another. &Four Seconds to Lose is definitely the most dark of the three novels, but also the most captivating, at least to me. &I enjoyed where K.A. Tucker took me as a reader and I experienced the events and emotions in the book right along with the characters. &I also really liked the fact that we get to see the characters from the previous books make an appearance in this novel.Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed Four Seconds to Lose and found it to be captivating. &If you are a fan of contemporary romance, mystery, suspense, and just a downright great story, then Four Seconds to Lose is definitely a must read.&
Brilliant Writing!
This is why I read!
It took ONE PAGE to draw me in and set the hook with K. A. Tucker&s Four Seconds to Lose. Charlie is living in Miami per the instructions of her father, a powerful and dangerous mob boss with a lucrative drug business he is expanding. Desperate to get away from the man she always looked up to as a child, finally able to see him for Charlie takes a job as a stripper to earn enough money to disappear. Little did she know the club owner, Cain is like a walking sensual fantasy who has the potential to steal her heart. For Cain, Charlie is like a flame and he is the moth being drawn to it, totally against his policy. They each hide their own dark pasts and dance around the feelings they have for each other. Will they be able to hide their pasts from each other or will they risk exposing their wounds to each other, finally trusting another person not to stomp on their hearts? Will Charlie&s past catch up with her as she plays the puppet to her step-father&s wishes? Will Cain accept her, even though he despises both liars and drug pushers?
Once again, K. A. Tucker has taken two brutally shattered characters and pairs them up in such an angst-filled and intriguing way that I actually felt their pain and their turmoil. Cain has worked hard to pay for his past sins, strong, silent and caring, always willing to help those around him. Charlie wants more from life than to be a puppet for her step-father, she wants love, she wants romance and she longs to retract the lies she has told. For an author to so fully develop characters that, no matter what, you root for them is one of K. A. Tucker&s strong points. As she builds her story and fills her world with wonderful satellite characters, Ms. Tucker&s brilliance shines through without a hitch! While creating strong male alpha types, she never fails to create female characters that are able to stand toe to toe with the &boys.&
Looking for romance, tension, intrigue and a walk on the dark side of the street that flows smoothly from scene to sizzling scene? It&s all here in Four Seconds to Lose!
You always hear about books that keep people up at night and thi
You always hear about books that keep people up at night and this is one of them. I only got three hours of sleep due to this book. Man ... yesterday morning was rough due to this book. But it was totally worth it. Tucker just has a way of creating unforgettable characters. She is so talented and I'm super excited to see what comes out next from her. I have been pretty intrigued by Cain since the first book in this series. That's the great thing about the Ten Tiny Breaths series, you get the opportunity to dive into the lives of characters that you met in the first book. I don't know if that was the intention when Tucker sat down to write Ten Tiny Breaths but I sure am glad that it happened. You become really invested in the lives of these characters ... you want to see what happens to them next AND she doesn't just stop writing about characters that she has previously featured in a book, oh, no. She brings them into future books so that you can see what has happened to them since their book was done. Which is fabulous.Okay, getting on with this review ... Four Seconds to Lose was captivating. Most of that is due to the characters. Each of the characters created in this series is so realistic that I've often wondered if Tucker is basing them off of real people in her life. She must be someone who goes to a park and just sits and watches people. I can't think of any other way she would be able to create characters that could just walk out of a book. Maybe this is what I find so endearing about this series. It's so realistic while not being stuffy or boring. I don't really have anything else to say without divulging any juicy secrets. The writing was impeccable, there aren't any errors with spelling or grammar, no boring parts that I had to skip, nothing that I found hinky or unbelievable ... everything was just great. This is number three in the series and I'm not tired of it in the least. Sometimes I get a horrible case of burnout but I don't see that happening with this series or this author. I think that it will be one of my favorites for years to come.
0 out of 1 people found this review helpful.
I was so excited to read Cain?s story.
I knew Cain had to be wi
I was so excited to read Cain&s story. &I knew Cain had to be with someone who somewhat reminded him of Penny, who he named the strip club after, but also had to be different. &I loved the beginning of this story, but somewhere at about 40%, the story lost me.I had to take a break and stop reading and then start back up again. &I can&t put my finger where the story lost me.This book has everything I love. &Romance with a bit of suspense. &A great heroine and hot and a hot, kind hero, but not even that kept my interest. &Nothing was wrong with the writing. &I loved the characters. I never felt that Charlie was weak and I loved how protective Cain was about Charlie. Maybe the story was just too predictable or that it dragged and all the secrets did not came out in the end. &I don&t like when authors do that.I will definitely read more by K.A. Tucker. &I just had high hopes for this one and feel a little disappointed.&A copy was provided by Atria Books via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Fantastic book!
Cain's story....and what a story it was! If you loved the firs
Cain's story....and what a story it was! If you loved the first two books in this series wYou will love this one too. Although this book had a very different feel from the rest of the series, it will capture your attention. I loved the twist at the end...it was great!
Be sure to check out the reviews for the first book and the seco
Be sure to check out the reviews for the first book and the second book on my blog.Unlike the first and second book, this book is told from the perspective of two characters, Cain and Charlie. I did enjoy seeing the story from both perspectives and I think the author did a very good job here.Once I found out that this book was about Cain, I was very excited. I was intrigued by him in the first book and was delighted to find out more about him. However, I had a slightly harder time being drawn into this story. While I originally thought it had to do with the dual perspectives, I now doubt that. Considering I really enjoyed seeing the story from both Cain and Charlie's point of view, I'm not really sure why I wasn't as into the story as I thought I would be. Even though the story had a harder time drawing me in than the first two books, I still enjoyed it.The next book, Five Ways to Fall, is Ben's story. Without a doubt, I look forward to reading it.Be sure to check out all of my reviews on my blog, KDH Reviews.
Wow! Great book!!!!!!!
I subtracted one star because while to book was amazing the wrap up was a bit rushed and unbelievable.
I was disappointed in the last two or three chapters. Still though - the writing style is unbeatable, the story line was brilliant and Tucker produced another winner. Worth the $$$$
I really enjoyed reading this book!!! Was hard to put down!! Love Cain ,Nate,and Ben!! Would love to read more about the characters!!!
Truly a very good read!!! Love Cain!!! Poor Charlie!! Was very happy how everything turned out!!! Ready for more!!!
Every single time I read a book from this series, I find myself
Every single time I read a book from this series, I find myself bitter and depressed. Why, you may ask? BECAUSE THEY END. I could read a never-ending book by K.A. and be so blissfully happy because her writing and her stories are THAT good folks. I fell head over heels in love with Ten Tiny Breaths and One Tiny Lie earlier this year and now Four Seconds to Lose has also captured not just my attention but my heart too.I won't lie. When I first heard the third book in the series would be from Cain's point of view, I was a bit disappointed. I didn't connect with Cain in the other two books and I really wanted more Livie/Ashton, Trent/Kacey. We got a bit of Trent/Kacey and a minute of Livie, but you know what? Once I started reading about Cain and Charlie, I was no longer disappointed. Instead, I was hooked.I was immediately drawn in from the first chapter as we get a taste of what Cain's prior life was like before he came to own Penny's. Cain comes from a rough past and definitely knows the meaning of pain and heartbreak. However, ten years later, Cain is no longer that boy who makes a living by fighting or who gives up on his family only to have his chance of making things right blow up in his face. He lives a successful, stable life and while his job is one he can easily walk away from, he won't turn his back on the people and friends he's accumulated from it. Cain is determined to help people that are in need- most of them including his female staff. He wants them to have a better life besides dancing, bartending, and doing private shows. Cain never could save his sister, so he tries to make amends by helping others and hoping they will find their way to a better life.I am in love with Cain. There I've said it. Because it's true. Cain is such a good guy. Charlie describes him as aggressive and emotional, which couldn't be a more perfect description. He isn't afraid to protect his own and while he can seem menacing, he really is kind and caring and has a softer side. Meeting Charlie really throws Cain for a loop. She reminds him of a love that he had lost and the more time he watches her and spends time with her, the more he wishes he could have her. Yet, Cain does not cross that line with his employees and as Charlie is his newest, the battle rages within to give in to want and need or to keep things professional.Charlie, on the other hand, does a great job of being unreadable. In fact, she has that cool, smooth exterior down perfectly, which makes it difficult for people to truly get to know her. This is all for reason, however. Charlie is far from an ordinary girl just looking for a job to make a little cash. Charlie has secrets- dangerous ones- that if exposed could not only hurt her, but others around her. She never expected to walk into Penny's Palace and discover that she could fall in love or find true friendship within those walls. I felt so bad for Charlie because she has lived such a dangerous life, and has gotten so deeply involved in something that she never should have gotten involved in. She trusted her stepfather to take care of her and protect her, as he was always lavishing her with gifts, and yet he sent her out into a life of crime and lowlifes to do his dirty work. Yet, Charlie has a fierceness to her and she is determined to get out. She is slowly siphoning money into another account so that she can free herself from her stepfather's hold and start a new life- unburdened and free.I loved Charlie and Cain's teasing. It is so subtle in the beginning that you could feel the tension between them. So close and yet so very far! Their first kiss made me giddy and my inner cheerleader was shouting for joy at Cain for making his move. He never planned on Charlie or a relationship, but once he had both he was ready to jump in feet first. It was cute how he instantly wanted in with her- and kept thinking about the future. For a guy who had never done a relationship, he didn't know how to take things slow and I think that's what made him more endearing. Because when you want someone- all of them- all thought and reason just goes out the door. You would do anything to make them yours and Cain does that. *shiver*Nate, Ginger, and Ben were such great secondary characters. Ginger was a real friend to Charlie and didn't hesitate in helping her when she needed it or just spending time with her. Ben has always been that flirty guy who is willing to step in and make a situation lighter and yet he is also fiercely loyal to his friends. It was cool reading about Nate and Cain's history and seeing just how far back those two went. Cain is a great role model for Nate and I love that Nate stuck around with him after all those years. We do get to see some of our old crew as I mentioned earlier. Kacey, Trent, and Livie make abbreviated cameos, as well as Storm and Dan.Overall, I thought this was an excellent addition to the Ten Tiny Breaths series, and I really think we need either Ben or Nate's books next! K.A. never ceases to leave me breathless and satisfied by her books, and as much as I hate to see them end- I am always ready to pick up her next book.
Let me start by saying Cain is going straight onto ou
4.5 StarsLet me start by saying Cain is going straight onto our book boyfriend list! He's all sorts of strong, alpha male goodness with a heart of gold that just deserves to be shared! And Charlie, she's the perfect balance to Cain. She's determined, with a backbone and a strong sense of self and self-preservation. She may be young but that doesn't stop her from doing what she needs to do to take care of herself, even if her options make her want to turn and run the other direction.Four Seconds to Lose is my first book by K.A. Tucker. I haven't read the first two (Ten Tiny Breaths and One Tiny Lie) in the Ten Tiny Breaths series, however this one works very well as a standalone with enough of the characters from the first two to make me want to go back and read their stories.In Four Seconds, Cain is a strip club owner who is always looking out for his girls and working to help them find a way out of that life. Despite his crappy early family life and other relationships that have not ended well, Cain has found a family of sorts with those he has surrounded himself with at the club. He's not looking for a relationship with anyone or his dancers but then Charlie shows up looking for work. She has a past that unfolds and secrets to hide. The chemistry between these two is off the charts!The storyline is unique and has elements of danger and suspense that kept me turning the pages as fast as I could! K.A. Tucker did an outstanding job with the dual POVs. The transitions were smooth and I heard each character's voice clearly. There are also several secondary characters integral to the story that fit easily into the story without overwhelming the main characters.Overall, highly recommend Four Seconds to Lose and I'll be anxiously awaiting the next book in the series!Copy provided for honest review
If you find inappropriate content, please report it to
Publisher doesn't hold rights to book
Publisher doesn't hold rights to cover image
Inaccurate description
Objectionable content
Please enter a valid email address. Thank you. A welcome email has been sent.
Visit NOOK in:
B&N Services
Shipping & Delivery
Quick Help}

我要回帖

更多关于 very much 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信