whenever baby i can feel yourl'm your

Posted in:
The last company I founded, , was full of Gen Yers. In fact, for a while, I was the only person in the company older than 25. . . And the whole time I thought to myself: I can’t wait until these kids need to adapt to the next generation. I want them to know what it feels like.
At this point, the oldest in Generation Z are just turning 13, and we have enough information about the two demographics to predict what will happen. Aside from my case of schadenfreude, I’m particularly interested in Generation Z because my sons are smack in the middle of it. But also I’m interested because if we understand the impact the next generation will have on the workforce, we’re better able to adapt our own careers for it. So get ready:
1. In generational conflict Generation Y will hide.
All generations have conflict between each other. But . They are the generation that moves home with their parents because they get along so well, and they apologize for quitting because they can’t cope with disappointing their boss.
Which means that Generation Z, raised by pragmatic, confrontational Gen X parents, will think Gen Y are lame. Weak. Delusional. (Which are the negative traits of kind and non-confrontational.)
2. Gen Z will lead Gen Y almost immediately.
Gen Y hates to stand out. . . This has not been a problem for them because Gen X doesn’t want to lead. . So the only people providing top-down leadership at work right now are Baby Boomers who refuse to retire and exist miles and miles from the cutting edge of everything except .
So there will be a power vacuum when Gen Z enters the workforce, and they will take it over very quickly. All they’ll need to do is say, “I want to lead.” No one will challenge them. And, conveniently,
point out that generational tendencies are cyclical, and
is poised to lead. They grew up in a time of turmoil: economic demise, war, rampant, random shootings. Generation Z will take charge, create stability, keep everything in line.
3. The passion problem will be passe.
. Their Boomer parents instilled in them the fairy tale idea that passion should guide what they do. But Baby Boomers have never had this, except when they were unemployed at Woodstock, and their impractical, dreamer career advice has left their kids unable to make decisions. . But this will end when Gen Z comes on board.
First of all, . They will have been homeschooled , so they will be great at identifying what they like. Generation Y, on the other hand, was schooled by teachers who told them what to study to ace the test, and parents hired tutors to help, which means Gen Y is particularly good at taking tests and bad at figuring out what they like. Generation Z will fill the gap and simply tell Generation Y what to do.
Generation Z will give meaning to work in a way that Gen Y has talked about but has been incapable of achieving. Work will be about creating a national sense of stability. Work will be about helping families to adjust to the new economic realities. Work will be about helping people build new paths through adulthood that do not focus on the corporation. Gen Z has been priming for this their whole lifes, with their counter-culture, Gen X parents.
4. Gen Z will out-communicate Gen Y.
Right now, . They are the first generation to be taught social skills at work, and they are genuinely kind and concerned about people. Additionally Gen Y are the first generation who grew up writing for a massive audience, even as kids, and .
This will all seem old-fashioned, though, when Gen Z is on the scene. Gen Z communicates largely through video. They use YouTube like it’s Google. For example, when they want to know how to beat a video game, they search online for a video to tell them: no reading.
Teenaged boys are giving video game lectures to thousands of other kids. Teenaged girls are political activists who have their own video platform before they’re thirteen years old. The poise Gen Z has in front of the camera will translate to workplace confidence and charisma. This will be the age of verbal communication rather than written, and Gen Z will shine.
5. Gen Z will force Gen Y to live more in reality.
Gen Y’s obsession with travel is rooted in their acute need to feel special and different and document it in a way their friends approve of. Also, , so they are forced to say they value experience above possessions since they can’t afford possessions beyond their de rigeur Apple equipment and .
Jan Chipchase is a great example of the travel-is- he does
about his job that is nearly 100% travel. Another example: Gen Y brides who forgo the wedding and just splurge on a big trip and a photographer to document the dress in an exotic location. Gen Y lives on Facebook and Instagram, and their reality is whatever is in the photo.
Generation Z is over the photography thing already. . Their parents have documented their every move, and they are expecting to have no disposable income, so they won’t’ need to post photos justifying their existeence.
So Gen Z will shine a light on Gen Y and expose a lot that Gen Y hasn’t seen before. But the truth is that every generation keeps the generation before them more honest. In the end, I’m grateful for the Gen Yers who worked with me, and forced me to see myself differently. I am less cynical and more sunny becuase I was surrounded by Gen Yers.
And they will be better, too, once they get over the shock of someone younger than them in the mix.
Related posts
strawberry cake
on December 21, 2012 at 4:53 pm
April 27th, 2016 in
March 17th, 2016 in
March 8th, 2016 in
February 22nd, 2016 in
Advance your career. Advance your life.
Quistic is my newest startup, and it’s a place to find online courses that will help you in your career.An Argument for Secondhand Store Clothes, Even If You Must Dress Nicely - The Simple Dollar
Monica writes in:
I don’t understand how you can recommend that people shop in thrift stores for clothes.
The stuff there is usually worn out and just looks bad and outdated.
I would never wear that stuff to work.
It sounds to me like you’ve made up your mind about thrift stores and secondhand stores before even stepping inside the door.
I’ll make the case anyway.
First of all, I won’t buy the vast majority of clothing on sale at such a store.
I’m with Monica on this one – most of the stuff there can be pretty worn out.
I’ve seen lots of threadbare sweaters, worn out dress pants, and other items that, if they were in my home, would be meeting the rag bag.
Those aren’t the items I’m shopping for.
The reason I go is to look through a long rack of clothes and find two or three items that are barely worn.
How do quality items of clothing get to the secondhand store?
A person gains or loses a lot of weight.
A person passes away.
A person decides they just don’t like how the item looks on them.
A person is a clotheshorse who only wears an item a couple of times before getting rid of it.
Each of these cases can result in some very nice clothes on the rack at the secondhand shop.
If you don’t like the item, don’t buy it.
However, there are a lot of gems buried on the racks if you’ll spend some time digging through them.
Second, my biggest focus for clothing buys – once they meet a minimum standard of quality – really is cost per use.
Yes, unquestionably, I could go to a store like Men’s Wearhouse, find a high quality article of clothing, and wear it, say, sixty times over the course of several years.
That article of clothing might cost me $60, so the cost per use would be $1 per use.
On the other hand, I might find a nice item at the secondhand store.
It might have been worn a few times already, so I might only get fifteen wears out of it instead of the sixty I might get from the new shirt.
However, that secondhand item only cost me $3.
That’s $0.20 per use.
I will take the second item of clothing any day of the week.
What about the time cost?
Time cost is one of the first things people mention when they hear a money-saving tactic that they’re unsure about.
Human beings are creatures of habit and if we can find a good reason to retain that habit (or even a not-so-good reason), we’ll use it.
Time cost is often that reason.
However, in this situation, time cost matters little.
I go clothes shopping twice a year, period.
In the spring, I’ll dig out all of my summer clothes (in fact, I’m intending to do this this weekend), determine what needs to go and what can stay, and then figure out if I need to add some clothes to the mix or if I have enough.
I do the same thing in the fall with my winter clothes.
Once that’s done, I actually make a shopping list for clothes.
I need some number of dress shirts, some number of jeans, some number of shorts, some number of khakis, some number of underwear – you get the idea.
Then, I go shopping.
If I use secondhand store clothes in this process, I still just rotate them out at season’s end if they’re too worn, the same thing I’ll do with clothes that are purchased new.
I’ll still go clothes shopping twice a year, regardless of whether I’ve bought new or used clothes in the past.
What this comes down to is simple: spending control.
I keep a pretty tight rein on my clothes shopping habits.
I simply don’t go clothes shopping more than twice a year.
Because of that, I don’t devote much time in a given calendar year to picking out new clothes – and I don’t spend nearly as much money, either.
At its heart, an awful lot of frugality and financial success comes down to control over your spending.
If you have firm control over how your money leaves your wallet, it’s often shocking how many ways there are to cut your spending without cutting your quality of life one iota.
Please enable JavaScript to view the
I just went through a closet and threw out a ton of clothes that still had tags, and shoes I had never worn. I took them to Goodwill, and I hope someone gets good use out of them.
Second, most of my best clothes come from Goodwill.
I also shop at Kohl’s sometimes, because I get a lot of coupons and have frequently gone in and not spent a dime, but walked out with a t-shirt or two.
I love Goodwill. Plus, if you’re handy with a sewing machine, you can get a lot of cheap stuff to alter into better fits or neat new items for very little!
Manage your money
Plan for your future
Protect your investments
Optimize your spending
Just sign up to The Simple Dollar Daily and start saving today.
Manage your money
Plan for your future
Protect your investments
Optimize your spending
Just sign up to The Simple Dollar Daily and start saving today.
Friend's Email
/an-argument-for-secondhand-store-clothes-even-if-you-must-dress-nicely/第二节完形填空(共20小题,每小题1.5分,满分30分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从36-55各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 My baby Rob, the youngest of my three sons, was starting kindergarten. I had already 36 this twice before, but this time it was more difficult. [来源:Z&xx&]What if he was scared? What if he missed me? I decided to do the grown-up thing and not tell him how I 37. I assured him that 38 would be just fine.The night 39 school started, Rob and I sat down. I hugged him and asked if he had any questions about what he could expect tomorrow ... “I’m 40 excited, Mommy, but I’m a little 41 about what I should do 42 I miss you,” he said sheepishly (胆怯地).I had just the 43 for him.I 44 my hand and showed him a new, shiny penny. “This is a 45 magic penny. If you’re scared or if you 46 me, just put your hand in your pocket and 47 this lucky penny. 48 you hold it and 49 me, I will know and be thinking about you , too.”It was absolutely 50. I’d be thinking about him every minute.The next day as he 51 his schoolroom, he looked back at me. My baby looked so sure of himself. I smiled back at him and hoped that he didn’t see the 52 in my eyes.The hours moved slowly but finally it was time to pick him 53. “I had a great day!” he 54. “There were a few times I was worried, but I held on to my lucky penny and that made me feel better.”After about a week I found it on his dresser. I guessed he was secure enough in his new situation that he didn’t 55 it anymore.I, on the other hand, kept it in my pocket for a few more days.36.
A. looked intoB. gone throughC. turned into D. brought out37.
A. escaped B. leftC. arrivedD. felt38.
A. everythingB. nothingC. someoneD. something39.
A. afterB. untilC. beforeD. till40.
A. reallyB. seldomC. possibly D. hardly 41.
A. worriedB. disappointedC. pleasedD. angry42.
A. unless B. whenever C. thoughD. if43.
A. replyB. answer C. key D. result 44.
A. closedB. coveredC. openedD. hid45.
A. lightB. roundC. cheap D. lucky46.
A. rememberB. seeC. miss D. refuse47.
A. hold on toB. take awayC. get backD. take care of48.
A. Some times B. Every timeC. Any timeD. At times49.
A. turn downB. refer toC. think of D. look up to 50.
A. falseB. trueC. impossible D. uncertain51.
A. leftB. passedC. cleaned D. entered52.
A. bloodB. waterC. tearsD. sweat53.
A. outB. upC. inD. away54.
A. cheeredB. signed C. criedD. whispered55.
A. forgetB. respectC. helpD. need - 跟谁学
在线咨询您好,告诉我您想学什么,15分钟为您匹配优质老师哦马上咨询
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询您好,告诉我您想学什么,15分钟为您匹配优质老师哦马上咨询& > && >&& >&第二节完形填空(共20小题,每小题1.5分,满分30分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从36-55各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 My baby Rob, the youngest of my three sons, was starting kindergarten. I had already 36 this twice before, but this time it was more difficult. [来源:Z&xx&]What if he was scared? What if he missed me? I decided to do the grown-up thing and not tell him how I 37. I assured him that 38 would be just fine.The night 39 school started, Rob and I sat down. I hugged him and asked if he had any questions about what he could expect tomorrow ... “I’m 40 excited, Mommy, but I’m a little 41 about what I should do 42 I miss you,” he said sheepishly (胆怯地).I had just the 43 for him.I 44 my hand and showed him a new, shiny penny. “This is a 45 magic penny. If you’re scared or if you 46 me, just put your hand in your pocket and 47 this lucky penny. 48 you hold it and 49 me, I will know and be thinking about you , too.”It was absolutely 50. I’d be thinking about him every minute.The next day as he 51 his schoolroom, he looked back at me. My baby looked so sure of himself. I smiled back at him and hoped that he didn’t see the 52 in my eyes.The hours moved slowly but finally it was time to pick him 53. “I had a great day!” he 54. “There were a few times I was worried, but I held on to my lucky penny and that made me feel better.”After about a week I found it on his dresser. I guessed he was secure enough in his new situation that he didn’t 55 it anymore.I, on the other hand, kept it in my pocket for a few more days.36.
A. looked intoB. gone throughC. turned into D. brought out37.
A. escaped B. leftC. arrivedD. felt38.
A. everythingB. nothingC. someoneD. something39.
A. afterB. untilC. beforeD. till40.
A. reallyB. seldomC. possibly D. hardly 41.
A. worriedB. disappointedC. pleasedD. angry42.
A. unless B. whenever C. thoughD. if43.
A. replyB. answer C. key D. result 44.
A. closedB. coveredC. openedD. hid45.
A. lightB. roundC. cheap D. lucky46.
A. rememberB. seeC. miss D. refuse47.
A. hold on toB. take awayC. get backD. take care of48.
A. Some times B. Every timeC. Any timeD. At times49.
A. turn downB. refer toC. think of D. look up to 50.
A. falseB. trueC. impossible D. uncertain51.
A. leftB. passedC. cleaned D. entered52.
A. bloodB. waterC. tearsD. sweat53.
A. outB. upC. inD. away54.
A. cheeredB. signed C. criedD. whispered55.
A. forgetB. respectC. helpD. need第二节&完形填空(共20小题,每小题1.5分,满分30分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从36-55各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 My baby Rob, the youngest of my three sons, was starting kindergarten. I had already 36 this twice before, but this time it was more difficult. [来源:Z&xx&]What if he was scared? What if he missed me? I decided to do the grown-up thing and not tell him how I 37. I assured him that 38 would be just fine.&The night 39 school started, Rob and I sat down. I hugged him and asked if he had any questions about what he could expect tomorrow ... “I’m 40 excited, Mommy, but I’m a little 41 about what I should do 42 I miss you,” he said sheepishly (胆怯地).I had just the 43 for him.I 44 my hand and showed him a new, shiny penny. “This is a 45 magic penny. If you’re scared or if you 46 me, just put your hand in your pocket and 47 this lucky penny. 48 you hold it and 49 me, I will know and be thinking about you , too.”It was absolutely 50. I’d be thinking about him every minute.The next day as he 51 his schoolroom, he looked back at me. My baby looked so sure of himself. I smiled back at him and hoped that he didn’t see the 52 in my eyes.The hours moved slowly but finally it was time to pick him 53. “I had a great day!” he 54. “There were a few times I was worried, but I held on to my lucky penny and that made me feel better.”After about a week I found it on his dresser. &I guessed he was secure enough in his new situation that he didn’t 55 it anymore.I, on the other hand, kept it in my pocket for a few more days.36.
A. looked into&&&&&&B. gone through&&&&&&&&&&&&C. turned into&&&&&&& D. brought out&&37.
A. escaped&&&&&&&&&&& B. left&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. arrived&&&&&&&&&D. felt38.
A. everything&&&&&&&B. nothing&&&&&&&&&&&&C. someone&&&&&&D. something39.
A. after&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. until&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. before&&&&&&&&&D. till40.
A. really&&&&&&&&&&&B. seldom&&&&&&&&&&&C. possibly &&&&&&&D. hardly 41.
A. worried&&&&&&&&&&B. disappointed&&&&&&&C. pleased&&&&&&&D. angry&42.
A. unless &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. whenever &&&&&&&&&&&&C. though&&&&&&&&&D. if43.
A. reply&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. answer &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. key &&&&&&&&&&&&D. result 44.
A. closed&&&&&&&&&&&B. covered&&&&&&&&&&&C. opened&&&&&&&&&D. hid&45.
A. light&&&&&&&&&&&&B. round&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. cheap&&&&&&&&&& D. lucky46.
A. remember&&&&&&&B. see&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. miss&&&&&&&&&&&& D. refuse&47.
A. hold on to&&&&&&&&B. take away&&&&&&&&&&&C. get back&&&&&&&D. take care of&48.
A. Some times&&&&&& B. Every time&&&&&&&&C. Any time&&&&&&&&&&&&D. At times49.
A. turn down&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. refer to&&&&&&&&&&&&C. think of&&&&&&&&& D. look up to 50.
A. false&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. true&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. impossible&&&&&& D. uncertain&51.
A. left&&&&&&&&&&&&B. passed&&&&&&&&&&&&C. cleaned &&&&&&&&&D. entered52.
A. blood&&&&&&&&&&&&B. water&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. tears&&&&&&&&&&&&D. sweat&&53.
A. out&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. up&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C. in&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. away54.
A. cheered&&&&&&&&&B. signed&&&&&&&&&&&& C. cried&&&&&&&&&D. whispered55.
A. forget&&&&&&&&&&&&B. respect&&&&&&&&&&&&C. help&&&&&&&&&&D. need科目: 高中英语难易度:最佳答案36-40 BDACA&& 41-45 ADBCD&& 46-50 CABCB&& 51-55 DCBAD解析知识点: 高中英语综合库,完型填空,人生百味类相关试题大家都在看推荐文章热门知识点
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心}

我要回帖

更多关于 baby.39.net 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信