阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用0下载券
想免费下载更多文档?
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩11页未读,继续阅读
你可能喜欢the meaning life of university 英语作文_百度知道
the meaning life of university 英语作文
考试急用 100多字 就行 谢谢 谢谢 了
我有更好的答案
People hold various opinions on the purpose of life. Some think that they live for money, some for fame, some for fun. As to my opinion, I live for experiences, for experiences enable me to understand the true meaning of life.
The first reason of my belief is that money and fame are not adequate for leading a happy life. l see that many people obsessed with money and fame have no interest or time to enjoy family life, friend ship, sightseeing and things like that. Money is important in life, but the money-only idea leads to a monotonous life. Sometimes, extreme money seekers or fame followers violate the law and hurt others for that end. Secondly,...
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
英语作文的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁2014年南京市高淳区中考二模英语试卷及答案
15:47:56&&&来源:教育城中考网&&&评论: 点击:
2014年南京市高淳区中考二模英语试卷及答案
2014年南京市高淳区中考二模英语试卷及答案
==&编辑推荐==
第Ⅰ卷(40分)
一、单项填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)
&&& 从A、B、C、D四个选项中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
1. Nanjing, &&&&&&&old capital of the six dynasties, is becoming &&&&&&&more beautiful city for the coming 2014 Youth Olympic Games.
A. a, a&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. the, the&&&&&&& &&&&&&& C. the, a&&&&&&&&&&& & &&&&&&&&&&&&& D. an, the
2. & Both Lucy and Lily &&&&&&&fond of the TV program A Bite of China.
& I am also deeply moved by its stories!
&&&&&&&& A. is &&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&& B. am&&&&&&& & &&&&&&&&&&C. was&&&&& &&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D. are
3. &What are you looking for?
&I'm looking for the ring &&&&&&&my husband bought me last year.
&&&&&&&& A. which&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. who&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&& C. what&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&& D. where
4. &I think young kids should be allowed to drive.
&&&&&& . They aren&t serious enough.
&&&&&&&& A. I agree&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. I disagree&&&&& &&&&&&&& C. I think so&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&& D. That&s right
5. &It is selfless&& &&&&&the doctor to devote all the time he had &&&&&&&&for the patients.
&I think so, he is so great.
&&&&&&&& A. to care& & &&&&&&&&&& B. to care&&& & &&&&&& C. to caring&& &&&&&&&&& D. to caring&&
6. &&&&&& &you know when an you can&t easily understand what you read.
& I think so.
&&&&&&&& A. Unless &&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&& B. As soon as&&&&&& &&&& C. If &&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. When&&&
7.-Excuse me, has the film already &&&&&&?
&-Yes. The film &&&&&&&for about ten minutes.
&&&&&&& A. has been on&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. has started&&&
&&&&&&&& C. started. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. has started
8. &Are you going to Tibet for vacation?
&Yes. I want you to &&&&&&&me with some information about it.
&&&&&&&& A. offer&&& &&&& &&&&&&&&&&& B. provide&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. show&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. give
9. & It&s sunny tomorrow. How about having a picnic in the park?
&&&& &&&&&&& ! Let&s ask the twins to go with us.
&&&&&& &A. Sounds great &&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Best wishes &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Good luck& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. That&s OK
10. &Do you want to see the painting exhibition at the weekend?
&& &I won&t see it unless I &&&&&&.
A. will be invited&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&& B. am invited
&&&&&&&& C. invite&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. will invite
11. &Linda, together with her parents, ______ up the mess in the park at the moment.
&& &It&s meaningful to be a volunteer. Let&s join them.
A. is cleaning&&&&& &&&&&&& B. are cleaning&& &&&&&&&&&&& C. has cleaned& &&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. have cleaned
12. & You&d better &&&&&&&too much time chatting online.
&& & OK. I won&t.
&& A. don&t spend&&&&&& &&&& B. not to spend&&&&&&& C. to not spend&&&&&& D. not spend
13. & Who&s that man in our classroom? It &&&&&&&be Mr. Brown. He is much taller.
&& & You mean the man in white? He is an exchange student from England.
&&& A. can& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. may&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&& C. can&t&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&& D. mustn&t
14. &The newly-designed car is on show now in the town center.
& Really? I wonder &&&&&&&.
&&&&&&&& A. how much does it cost&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B. who designed it
&&&&&&&& C. where was it made &&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. that the car will be sold in China
15. & Mrs Green. Do you think I can get an &A& in the final exam if I start working hard now?
& Of course. ________.
&&&&&&&&&& A. Better late than never&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&& B. Many hands make light work
&&&&&&&&&& C. You cannot burn the candle at both sides& &&&& D. Actions speak louder than words
二、完形填空(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
阅读下面短文,从短文后所给各题的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
The ability to forgive others is a great thing that can certainly help to make life happier for everyone. However, some people think that it is very &&&16&& &to do, and they don&t know how to forgive others, especially their family and friends. This is all &&17& &they don&t understand the meaning of &forgiveness&.
In the dictionary, &to forgive& means &to &&&18&& &feeling angry with somebody that has done something bad to you.& I&m happy that many people have &&&19&& &in doing this. I have succeeded, too, and I know how hard it is.
I lived with a friend for two years. During that time, he did cause me many &&&20&& . I easily got angry when communicating with him. However, we &&&21&& &had a talk about our problems. When he pointed out that I wasn&t treating him like a friend, I was &&&22&& . I never knew that I also needed to be forgiven for doing something wrong. I thought however &&&23&& &I might get, I did love my friend deep in my heart. Then I understood the saying, &To love is to forgive.& And when we &&&24&& &each other, we feel great. After that long talk, we both &&&25&& &those bad moments. Our friendship became fresh again.&
Now I understand the meaning of forgiveness better.
16. A. late&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. difficult&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. strange&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. useless
17. A. why&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. when&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. because&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. that
18. A. stop&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. suffer&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. keep&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. consider
19. A. spent&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. continued&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. succeeded&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. enjoyed
20. A. dangers&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. mistakes&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. questions&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. problems
21. A. firstly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. finally&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. suddenly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. always
22. A. surprised&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. excited&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. satisfied&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. bored
23. A. worried&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. frightened&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. angry&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. nervous
24. A. control&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. help&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. protect&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. forgive
25. A. learn&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. forget&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. imagine&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. consider
三、阅读理解(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)
阅读下列材料,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。
Do you like travelling? If you are interested, come to our travel service as soon as possible. We offer the following travel lines for you to choose.
2-Day Yangzhou Colourful Group Tour
& How about going to Yangzhou for the weekend? You can visit Slim West Lake, Ge Garden, Daming Temple and taste Huaiyang delicious food such as Yangzhou fried rice and Fuchunbuns.
& Tour Price:¥690&&&&&&& Call us at 800-817-7223
4-Day Qingdao Private(私人的) Tour
& Qingdao is famous for its sunshine, white sandy beaches and clear water. You can relax here, walking along the beaches and breathing the fresh air!
Tour Price:
2-5 persons
6-9 persons
¥550/person
¥530/person
Call us at 800-810-6288
8-Day London Private Tour
& Come to London for a few relaxing days to enjoy the view of the Thames(泰晤士河) and visit such places of interest as Tower Bridge and Big Ben.
& Tour Price:
2-5 persons
6-9 persons
¥15800/person
¥13800/person
& Call us at 800-830-7288
26. How long will the Yangzhou Colourful Group Tour last?
&& A. Two days&&&&&& B. Four days&&&&&& &&&&&&& C. Five days&&&&&& &&&&&&& D. Eight days
27. Mrs Li is planning to take the 4-Day Qingdao Private Tour with her two daughters. How much will they pay?
&& A.¥1590&&&&&&&& B.¥1650 &&&&&&&&&&&C.¥2007&&&&&&&&&&& D.¥47400
28. If you want to take the 8-Day London Private Tour, you should call ________.
A. 800-817-7223&& B. 800-810-6288 && C. 800-830-7288&&&& &&& D. 800-850-8288
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &B
How often do you use your car? Can you use your car less often? Do you know the following facts in the UK?
&&& &About 50% of all car journeys are just for fun.
&&& &Over 80% people go to work by car.
&&& &25% car journeys are under two miles.
&&& &70% car journeys are under five miles.
WALKING & CYCLING
&&&&&&&& Instead of using the car for short journeys, why not walk or ride a bicycle? Walking is the most popular form of exercise&it&s healthy and it can save money. If you work nearby, try walking or cycling instead of driving. Walking your children to school gives them valuable road experience.
Bus companies are using new buses: some run on new fuels which pr some have easier access(通路)for disabled and old people. There are special traffic lanes (行车道) to make bus journeys easier. So do something to help solve the pollution problem&let the bus take you to work and your children to school.
&&&&&&&& All car journeys, long or short, can be hard work. For some trips, it is wiser to take the train. Leave your car at home and walk, cycle or take a bus to and from the station. Train travel is fast, safe and comfortable. Train tickets are not always expensive.
29. How many of car journeys are just for fun in the UK?
&&&&&&&& A. 25%.&&& &&& B. About 50%.&&&& &&&&&&& C. 70%.&&& &&&&&& & D. Over 80%.
30. The writer believes that __________ can give children valuable road experience.
&&&&&&&& A. walking to school&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. traveling by train
C. taking new fuel buses&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. having car journeys for fun
31. What does the writer think of traveling by train?
&&&&&&&& A. Tiring. &&& B. Exciting.&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. Terrible.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Comfortable.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
American cities are similar to other cities around the world: In every country, cities reflect the values of the culture. American cities are changing, just as American society is changing.
&&& After World War Ⅱ, the population of most large Ame however, the population shifts(转移)to and from the city reflect the changing values of American society. In the late 1940s and early 1950s, city residents(居民)became wealthier. They had more children so they needed more space. They moved out of their apartments in the city to buy their own homes. They bought houses in the suburbs(郊区).
&&& Now things are changing, The children of the people who left the cities in the 1950s are now adults. Many, unlike their parents, want to live in the cities. They continue to move to Sun Belt cities and older ones of the Northeast and Midwest. Many young professionals are moving back into the city. They prefer the city to the suburbs because
or they just enjoy the excitement and possibilities that the city offers.
&&& This population shift is bringing problems as well as benefits. Countless poor people must leave their apartments in the city because the owners want to sell the buildings or make apartments for sale instead of for rent (出租). In the 1950s, many poor people did not have enough money to now many of these same people do not have enough money to stay in the cities.
&&& Only a few years ago, people thought that the older American cities were dying. Some city residents now see a bright, new future. Others see only problems and conflicts (冲突).One thing is sure:many dying cities are alive again.
32. What does the writer think of cities all over the world?
A. They are alive.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& & B. They are hopeless.
C. They are similar.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& && D. They are different.
33. Why did American city residents want to live in the suburbs after World War II?
A. Because older American cities were dying
B. Because they were richer and needed more space.
C. Because cities contained the worst parts of society.
D. Because they could hardly afford to live in the city.
34. According to the 4th paragraph, a great many poor people in American cities _______.
A. are facing housing problems
B. want to sell their buildings
C. are forced to move to the suburbs
D. need more money for daily expenses
35. We can conclude from the text that ________.
A. American cities are changing for the worse
B. people have different views on American cities
C. the population is reducing in older American cities
D. many people are now moving from American cities
British people are famous for drinking tea. But brother and sister, Sarah and Bobby Green, became young millionaires when they opened a chain of American-style coffee shops in the UK.
Having the idea: It started when Sarah took a weekend trip to New York to visit her brother Bobby. One evening, in a Thai restaurant, Sarah told Bobby how much she wished she could buy American-style coffee in London. Bobby suggested they started their own coffee shop. Sarah fell in love with the idea.
Doing the Research: Back in London, she spent a whole day on the London subway, getting off the train at different stations to taste the coffee. &It was terrible, and I knew there was a gap (空缺) in the market.& In 1995, they opened their first Coffee Republic shop in central London.
Making it work: The first year was very difficult. British people were not used to the names of American coffees, like latte and macchiato. But being successful was their dream and they were not going to give up. Today, there are over 100 Coffee Republic shops all over the country and the company has £30 million a year.
Advice for others: Sarah has now written a best-selling book about their experience, called Anyone Can Do It ! She hopes it will help other young people to start their own businesses. She says, &If you think you have the energy, then get out and follow your dream.&
36. What kind of company do they run?
A. A fast-food restaurant.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&& B. A tea shop.&&
C. A coffee shop.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. A big hotel.
37. Where are their Coffee Republic shops?
A. All over the UK.&&&&&& &&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. All over the US.
C. In central London.&&& &&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. In New York.
38. Which of the following information is mentioned(提到) in the passage?
A. Sarah was not interested in Bobby&s idea.
&& B. British people never drank coffee before 1995.
&& C. Sarah&s best-selling book is about how to make coffee.
&& D. Sarah found a business chance while doing the research.
39. What is the passage mainly about?
&& A. Sarah&s life story.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&& B. Sarah&s weekend trip.
&& C. The American-style coffee.&&&&&&&& D. The success of a family business.
40. Where may this passage come from?
A. In a novel.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& & &&&&&&&&&&&&& B. In a newspaper.
C. In a sports magazine.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& D. In a scientific report.
第Ⅱ卷(50分)
四、填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)
A)根据括号中所给的汉语写出单词,使句子意思完整正确,并将答案填写在答题卡标号为41&45的相应位置上。
41. Now it is very easy for people to go &&&▲&& &(无论哪里) they like because of the high-speed train.
42. I&m &&&▲&& &(饿) and I want to eat some food right now.
43. The living conditions in my hometown have &&&▲&& &(改善)a lot in the last few years.
44. The tourists had no &&&▲&& (选择)but to wait for the next train.
45. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Don&t be &&&▲&& &(害羞) when you speak English to foreign friends.
B) 根据句子意思,用括号中所给单词的适当形式填空,并将答案填写在答题卡标号为46&50的相应位置上。
46. Jack, you are a little fat now, and you will get &&▲& &(fat) if you still like eating fast food.
47. Look! The teenagers are making cards &&&▲&& &(show) love for their mothers.
48. Peter could take good care of &&&▲&& &(he) when he was only five years old.
49. All the Chinese look forward to &&&▲&& &(make) the Chinese Dream come true.
50. I prefer &&&▲&& &(stay) at home to going shopping with you.
C)根据对话内容,从下面方框中选择适当的单词或短语填空,使对话内容完整正确,并将答案填写在答题卡标号为51&55的相应位置上。
flight,&&& By the way,&&& on business,& &&&check,&&&& visit
A: Do you have any plans for the summer holiday?
B: Yes. I&m going to &&&51&& &Chengdu with my mum.
A: That&s great. My dad has been to Chengdu &&&52&& &twice. How will you get there?
B: We&re going to take a direct &&&53&& &to Chengdu.
A: How long are you staying there?
B: About five days. &&&54&& , how long does it take to fly to Chengdu?
A: About three hours, I think. I can &&&55&& &it for you with my dad.
B: Thanks very much.
五、阅读填空。(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)
A)阅读下面短文,根据所读内容,在文章后第56-65小题的空格里填入一个最恰当的单词,并将答案填写在答题卡标号为56-65的相应位置上。&&&&
注意:每个空格只填一个单词
What&s going to happen in the future? Here are some things that scientists say are most likely to happen 10 to 30 years from now.
&& 1. Digital money
&& We used to pay with cash (现金) for everything we bought. In fact, we are already using one type of digital money, when we swipe (刷) our bus pass or use a credit card (信用卡) to shop online.
&& You have to admit that using a card is much easier than searching your pocket for change. It is also safer than carrying a lot of cash on your person. People in Sweden completely stopped using cash last year and the US might be next.
2. Bionic(仿生的)eye
People who are blind may have a chance to get their sight back&by wearing bionic eyes. A blind eye can no longer sense light, but a bionic eye can use a camera to &see& the environment and send data into the brain.
Although the bionic eye that&s out now only allow patients to see lights and unclear shapes, a high resolution(高清的) version could be just a few years away.
3. Self-driving car
Unlike a human driver, a self-driving car won&t be distracted (分神) by a phone call, the radio or something outside the window. Sensors(探测器)and cameras on the car would allow it to keep strictly to the rules of the road and keep a safe distance from other cars. This would greatly reduce the number of road accidents. Many vehicle companies are now planning self-driving cars. By 2040, driverless vehicles will be the main vehicles on the road.&
&Thirty years in the &&&56&& &&
Digital money
Advantages
Using cards is much easier and &&&57& &than using cash.
The future
Sweden stopped taking cash last year and America may follow its &&&58& .
Bionic eye
A bionic eye can use a camera to &see& the environment and send data directly to the brain so the &&&60& &may have a chance to get their sight back.
The future
Although now blind people wearing a bionic eye can only see lights and unclear shapes, there could be &&&61& &ones in just a few years.
Self-driving car
How it &62
Sensors and cameras make it possible to keep a safe distance from other cars.
Advantages
A self-driving car will strictly keep to the &&&63& &rules and the number of road accidents will be greatly &&&64& .
The future
Many vehicle companies are planning self-driving cars.&
Driverless &&65& &will no longer be science fiction in 30 years.
B) 根据短文内容及首字母提示,填写所缺单词,并将答案填写在答题卡标号为66-75的相应位置。
How to deal with homesickness
When you sleep somewhere else, like at a summer camp or a friend&s house, you know you&re there for a fun time. But for some kids, when they are away f& 66& &home they feel sad. They start to m 67& their own beds, their own parents, and all the things at home. It&s called being homesick (想家的). Do you want to feel less homesick? Here&s how:
S& 68 &&more time in doing fun things. The more fun things you do, the less time you&ll have to feel homesick. So try to take part in a& 69& &and soon you might start to have a good time.
You can plan to call your mum or dad. For a night visit, maybe you can call once that night, and a 70& &in the morning. In the camp, you might set a regular day and time for a phone call home. You can also send e-mails or short m& 71&& &to keep in touch (保持联系) with family and friends. If you&re away for a while, you might e& 72& &write a letter! When you contact someone, make s& 73& &to tell them the fun things you&re doing!
Sometimes, just tell someone that you&re feeling homesick. This will h& 74& &you feel better, maybe you can tell a friend that you feel homesick. And the two of you can do something fun, s 75 &&as telling jokes. If you&re at camp, a camp counselor (顾问) would be a good person to talk to. He or she might have some ideas to help you feel better.
六、书面表达 (满分15分)
根据下表提示,以 A talk on gift-giving manners 为题写一篇短文。
Gift-giving manners in the USA
帮助你了解美国人是如何互赠礼物的
下周一下午4点
1. 美国人一般会在生日和节日赠送礼物。
2. 礼物通常是卡片、巧克力或鲜花等。
3. 应邀赴宴,最好带一份小礼物,比如一盒巧克力或一瓶酒给主人。主人通常会立即打开礼物并说些赞美的话。
1.文中不得出现真实姓名和学校名称;&
2.语言通顺,意思连贯,条理清楚,书写规范;&
3.词数80左右,文章的开头已给出,不计入总词数。
相关热词搜索:}