新东方英语词汇网络课程
新东方新概念英语网络课程
词汇节目推荐
在线背单词您现在的位置:&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
VOA慢速英语《科技报道》第80课
时间:12-07-21作者:randy27来源:
[提示:]双击单词,即可查看词义!
英语翻议讲解:
This&is&the&VOA&Special&English&Technology&Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语科技报道。 Mobile&phone&technology&is&quickly&changing&the&way&the&world&operates.&Today,&we&tell&about&two&new&projects&involving&mobile&health,&also&known&as&m-health. 移动电话技术正飞速改变世界运行的轨道。今天,我们将讲述两个与手机保健相关的项目,也被称为m-health。 Doctors&and&technology&experts&in&London&are&developing&a&new&way&to&test&for&sexual&infections.&The&new&device&uses&mobile&phones&and&computers&to&help&people&find&out&if&they&have&been&infected&with&a&sexual&disease.&People&will&be&able&to&perform&the&test&in&the&privacy&of&their&own&homes. 伦敦的医生和技术专家们正在开发一种检测性传播疾病的新方式。这种新设备借助手机和计算机,帮助人们检查他们是否已经感染性病。人们可以在家中自行检测。 People&place&urine&or&saliva&on&a&small&piece&of&paper.&They&place&the&test&strip&in&a&small&device&that&contains&a&computer&chip.&Then&they&place&the&device&in&their&mobile&phone&or&a&computer&for&testing. 检测者将尿液或者唾液滴到一小张试纸上,放入一个含有计算机芯片的小设备里。然后将该设备连接到手机或电脑进行检测。 Within&minutes,&they&receive&information&telling&them&if&they&have&a&sexual&disease.&And&they&receive&advice&on&what&to&do&next. 几分钟内,检测者就能收到是否感染性病的信息,还会得到进一步的建议。 Claudia&Estcourt&is&with&Barts&and&The&London&School&of&Medicine&and&Dentistry.&She&is&also&part&of&the&research&team&working&on&the&project. 克罗地亚?艾斯特科特(Claudia&Estcourt)是在巴兹伦敦内科及牙科学院工作,她也是该项目研究小组的一员。 CLAUDIA&ESTCOURT:&"This&isn’t&designed&to&replace&traditional&clinics.&This&is&really&opening&testing&up&to&people&who&might&find&it&embarrassing&or&difficult&to&get&into&their&clinic.&And&this&might&be&a&much&quicker,&easier&option&for&them&---&that&they&can&be&assured&of&very&accurate&results." 艾斯特科特:“该项目并非为了取代传统诊所,而只是为觉得尴尬或无法去诊所的人们设计的一种测试。这对他们来说或许是一种更快捷简便的方式,同时可以得到准确的检测结果。” Health&experts&say&many&young&people&are&too&ashamed&to&visit&a&clinic&to&be&tested.&This&increases&the&risk&of&them&passing&on&sexual&diseases.&The&researchers&hope&the&tests&will&help&persuade&people&to&be&tested&and&reduce&the&number&of&sexually&transmitted&infections. 健康专家表示,很多年轻人觉得不好意思去诊所进行检测,这就增加了他们传播性病的风险。研究人员希望这种检测能有助说服人们进行检测,降低性病传播几率。 Dr.&Estcourt&says&the&project&is&still&seven&to&ten&years&away&from&completion.&But&she&says&it&holds&great&promise&for&the&future. 艾斯特科特表示,该项目还需7到10年的时间才能完成,但她表示,该项目极具发展前景。 CLAUDIA&ESTCOURT:&"Clearly&one&of&the&major&implications&of&something&like&this&would&be&for&use&in&developing&countries:&maybe&for&testing&HIV,&maybe&for&testing&for&tuberculosis,&or&perhaps&even&malaria." 艾斯特科特:“显然,这类项目的主要意义之一就是在发展中国家应用:可能用来检测HIV,结核病,甚至疟疾。” Researchers&at&the&University&of&Toronto&in&Canada&are&studying&a&mobile&phone&system&that&may&help&people&with&diabetes&control&their&blood&pressure. 加拿大多伦多大学的研究人员正在研究一个可以帮助糖尿病患者控制血压的手机系统。 The&system&collects&blood&pressure&readings&from&home&testing&devices&that&have&wireless&technology.&The&readings&are&then&sent&to&a&health-care&monitoring&system. 该系统从家用无线血压测量设备中读取血压读数,然后发送到保健监测系统。 Patients&receive&a&mobile&phone&message&telling&them&how&they&are&doing.&If&their&blood&pressure&is&too&high,&they&are&advised&to&make&an&appointment&with&their&doctor.&Several&high&readings&will&cause&the&system&to&automatically&contact&the&doctor. 患者会收到一条短信告知他们现在的状况。如果血压太高,系统就会建议他们预约医生。如果数次血压读数都很高,系统将会自动与医生取得联系。 Patients&in&the&study&used&the&mobile&phone&system&for&one&year.&The&researchers&found&that&thirty-seven&percent&of&the&patients&were&able&to&get&their&blood&pressure&under&control.&This&compares&with&about&fourteen&percent&of&patients&using&common&equipment. 参与该研究的患者已经使用了手机系统长达一年。研究人员发现,37%的患者得以保持血压稳定。相比之下,使用普通设备的患者只有14%能够保持血压稳定。
英语听力原文:
This is the VOA Special English Technology Report.Mobile phone technology is quickly changing the way the world operates. Today, we tell about two new projects involving mobile health, also known as m-health.Doctors and technology experts in London are developing a new way to test for sexual infections. The new device uses mobile phones and computers to help people find out if they have been infected with a sexual disease. People will be able to perform the test in the privacy of their own homes.People place urine or saliva on a small piece of paper. They place the test strip in a small device that contains a computer chip. Then they place the device in their mobile phone or a computer for testing.Within minutes, they receive information telling them if they have a sexual disease. And they receive advice on what to do next.Claudia Estcourt is with Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry. She is also part of the research team working on the project.CLAUDIA ESTCOURT: "This isn't designed to replace traditional clinics. This is really opening testing up to people who might find it embarrassing or difficult to get into their clinic. And this might be a much quicker, easier option for them --- that they can be assured of very accurate results."Health experts say many young people are too ashamed to visit a clinic to be tested. This increases the risk of them passing on sexual diseases. The researchers hope the tests will help persuade people to be tested and reduce the number of sexually transmitted infections.Dr. Estcourt says the project is still seven to ten years away from completion. But she says it holds great promise for the future.CLAUDIA ESTCOURT: "Clearly one of the major implications of something like this would be for use in developing countries: maybe for testing HIV, maybe for testing for tuberculosis, or perhaps even malaria."Researchers at the University of Toronto in Canada are studying a mobile phone system that may help people with diabetes control their blood pressure.The system collects blood pressure readings from home testing devices that have wireless technology. The readings are then sent to a health-care monitoring system.Patients receive a mobile phone message telling them how they are doing. If their blood pressure is too high, they are advised to make an appointment with their doctor. Several high readings will cause the system to automatically contact the doctor.Patients in the study used the mobile phone system for one year. The researchers found that thirty-seven percent of the patients were able to get their blood pressure under control. This compares with about fourteen percent of patients using common equipment.And that's the VOA Special English Technology Report, written by June Simms. Our programs are online with transcripts and MP3 files at rrting.net. I'm Steve Ember.
责编:randy27&&&
特别声明:本栏目内容均从网络上收集,供仅参考试用,正式学习请到书店购买正版教材。试用资料有效性和正确性也无法保证。本站并不拥有这些资料的版权,版权属于原版权所有人。
上一篇:下一篇:
欣赏了此听力的朋友还欣赏了:
&&&&&&&&&&查看: 671|回复: 1
实用口语-JK老师日
点击进入YY2831大耳朵英语教学频道
图文详解如何在大耳朵YY2831教学频道学习英语
录音下载链接:录音笔记整理中 。。。返回列表 可查找近日相关录音
大耳朵英语网为帮助广大英语学习者有效提高英语水平,增强英语交流的信心和能力,建立了YY2831大耳朵专业英语教学频道,为大家提供相互交流和接受专业教师免费在线授课的网络环境,全天24小时频道交流区、朗读区和听力区均有给力的老师、管理和大家一起学习交流,每日8:00~23:00网络课堂已经开设课程:1. 语音字母班2. 语音发音班3.新概念第一册 4.新概念第二册 5.新概念第三册 6.新概念第四册 7.应试辅导班 8.实用口语班 9.特色授课班 10.英乐授课班 11.幼儿教学班 以及.朗读赏析、.听力提高、全英中英交流等,更多课程将应众网友要求逐渐开设……
大耳朵英语网和YY2831专业英语免费教学频道愿意做您永远的朋友,欢迎提出宝贵的意见建议……
大耳朵官方学生交流YY群 :2628
大耳朵录音志愿者YY群 3665274&&欢迎加入我们,共同建设YY最有爱的教学工会 万人英语学习者的网络家园
为满足广大英语爱好者的学习愿望,完善大耳朵公会课堂录音资料,请各位老师、助教或者同学可以在课后整理自己的课堂笔记, 以回复的形式把笔记附加在相应的课堂录音之后,您将获得大耳朵金币奖励或者意外惊喜,谢谢您的参与和支持。
ICU开放大学&大耳朵YY2831名人访谈现场直播实况-日
实用口语-Jfcake老师日
实用口语-Simon老师日
实用口语-Tom老师日
实用口语-Froggie老师日
实用口语-JunkNewRol老师日
特色课堂-红叶老师日
特色课堂-酱啊酱老师日
特色课堂-J.K老师日
特色课堂-Rocky老师日
特色课堂-白梦老师日
语音字母班-纳什老师日
语音音标班-蔡越老师日
新概念第一册第123课-Leon老师日
新概念第三册地40课-Coffee老师日
应试辅导-四级强化-云心老师日
英乐欢唱-豆瓜老师日
(41.5 KB, 下载次数: 8)
23:01 上传
点击文件名下载附件
大耳朵实用口语班上课笔记 12:15-13:45&&jfcake(老师)大宝(助教)今日主题 : Setting Up Conference Calls and Videoconferences课文链接:l Ewan: Who’s running the videoconference next week? & && & running:组织& && & Videoconference:可视会议l Petra: I am. Desmond put me in charge of it last week. & && & in charge of :负责l Ewan: Oh, somebody’s moving up in the world.It’s nice that he’s giving you more responsibility.(职责) & && & moving up in the world.:(职场上)向上爬
l Petra: Yeah, but I’m not sure I’m ready.
l Ewan: I’ve set up conference calls and videoconferences before. Maybe you can tell me what you’ve already done and I can see if you’ve missed anything.
& &&&set up&&:准备好 (putting components or members& &together)& && &&&found ,set up, build 区分三者之间的关系 & && &&&conference calls 电话会议;电话商讨& && &&&CEO&&chief executive officer& && &&&CFO&&Chief Finance Officer& && &&&COO&&Chief Operating Officer
l Petra: That would be great. Okay, I’ve scheduled the meeting for 3:00...& & & && &&&great: excellent terrific fantastic& && &&&schedule : vt.把…列表;把…列入计划 adj. 预定的;已排程的& && &&&scheduled the meeting :安排个会议& && &&&request the meeting (同事在同级的情况下请求会议时间,比较委婉)& && &&&I am out off office&&我不在办公室(常用说法)
l Ewan: Stop right there. If the videoconference is at 3:00 here, it’s already 6:00 on the East Coast(东海岸). That’s too late to start the meeting, don’t you think?
Petra: Oh, I didn’t factor in time zones! But I still have time to reschedule, I think, so it’s not a total catastrophe.
& &&&I didn’t factor in time zones!&&:我没有考虑到时差的因素& && &&&catastrophe&&n. 大灾难;大祸;惨败& && &&&海啸tsunami
l Ewan: Good. Be sure to initiate the call or the connection at least 10 minutes before the time of the meeting, and make sure you know how to reconnect someone if they get disconnected during the meeting. & && &&&Make sure =be sure & && &&&be sure to do sth确定做某事
l Petra: I still need to figure that out.
& && & Figure sth out :弄明白sth
l Ewan: Are you facilitating the meeting, too?
& && &Facilitating&&v.使便利;使更容易
l Petra: I don’t know. I guess so.
& && &I guess so:我想是这样
Ewan: In that case, make sure you identify each person by greeting them by name. & && &&&identify :识别& && &&&Greeting :欢迎 打招呼
l Petra: I was hoping to lurk in the background in case something went wrong. I’d be ready to troubleshoot.
潜伏& && &&&lurk :隐藏潜伏& && &&&Staffing company :猎头公司& && &&&faculty :一般指学校里面的机构组织& && &&&Troubleshoot. : vi. [美国英语;当调解人;为他人排除困难& && && && && && & vt. 以调解人的姿态对付;消除困难于;(以故障检修工的身份)检修:& && &&&拓展:shoot! (文雅的方式表达情绪)哎呀!
l Ewan: If Desmond put you in charge of setting up the meeting, he’ll want you to take a more active part. & && &&&take a more active part&&积极的参与
[Petra breathing heavily]
Ewan: What are you doing?
Petra: Hyperventilating. I don’t think I’m ready for this.
& &&&Hyperventilating. :气喘吁吁的 深呼吸(紧张)
站长推荐 /1
大耳朵英语微信公众号bigearweb-每日发布英语学习知识
微信扫一扫,添加大耳朵英语。