prog startstop是什么意思神马意思?

Progressive Rock Music Ultimate Discography ... with Free MP3, Videos and Reviews
PROG ARCHIVES
intends to be the most complete and powerful
You can find the progressive rock music discographies from 9,174 bands & artists, 47,748 albums (LP, CD and DVD),
1,143,225 ratings and reviews from 53,469 members who also participate in our active .
You can also read the .
radio ad presentation (30 sec.)
Latest 50 Free Mp3 Download (stream)
Progressive Rock Music Reviews
Studio Album, 2011
3.74 | 20 ratings
Crossover Prog
Special Collaborator Symphonic Team
"There's no stopping true progress!"Billy Sherwood and Tony Kaye, both previous members of Yes (Sherwood in the 90's and Kaye in the late 60's/early 70's
and then again in the 80's to the mid 90's), have done it again. And So On is Circa's third studio disc and once again they
have outdone themselves - this is their best album yet!The sound of this album is dominated by Billy's Chris Squire-like bass lines, Tony's powerful organ, Steve Howe-like guitar
licks, and strong lead and harmony vocals. Compared to previous Circa albums, And So On rocks harder and has more
energy. The set of melodies is the strongest coming from the band and the songs kept growing on me with further listens.
Crossover Prog is absolutely the right subgenre designation and this should appeal to fans of that subgenre.Drawing on all the different eras of Yes from the 60's to the 90's, Circa produce a sound that is similar to that well-known band yet also is something a bit of their own. Alan White, who was part of Circa from the beginning, is no longer with them, and neither is Jimmy Haun. The new drummer is Scott Connor and the guitarist is Johnny Bruhns both of which do a great job here.If you are a strict purist who only likes the
period of Yes, the music of Circa may not be for you. But if you enjoy
all the different eras of Yes, including those that involved Kaye and Sherwood, then you should really give Circa a chance,
and there is no better place to start then with And So On. It is a shame that Circa are not more popular around here, they deserve more recognition.
Studio Album, 2015
3.92 | 22 ratings
Symphonic Prog
Up to now, I have been really taken with each of Magic Pie's CDs, and had high expectations of further
progression on this, their fourth offering.
What a disappointment this has proved to be.
I have no idea what
musical genre now most appropriately applies to MP.
This is just an unrelenting barrel-ful of mulligatawny soup,
richly flavoured in that it contains a few snippets of genuinely excellent melodies, but with far too many dollops of
sour cream scattered liberally about, in the very worst tradition of Spock's Beard.
Overblown and overly intricate at
the same time.
The band is now trying too hard to find its sense of direction.
A terrifically sweeping and dynamic
finale to King for a Day is like coming across a precious orchid...but you need to struggle through 25 miles of
Japanese knot-weed before you get there.
Which is simply 25 miles of effort too far.
Studio Album, 2015
4.61 | 9 ratings
Crossover Prog
The AKP project Sunchild is alive and kicking, The political unrest in the Ukraine may have delayed
the recording of this album but as always Kalugin delivers.Synesthesia is a powerful, melodic magnificent collection of songs that will brighten up your
summer, it's the perfect musical tonic. There are two tracks available to listen on bandcamp which
have ensured the anticipation for this album is now greater than ever as music lovers know Antony
doesn't disappoint.Kalugin never rests on his laurels and he once again is fearless in his pursuit of the ultimate
song, boasting one of the best back catalogues in the business, Kalugin is looking now for that
wider audience that will ensure the music remains alive and kicking for many years to come.So come on board - you must not let this album pass you by!Will : Caerllysi Music
Studio Album, 2003
3.65 | 75 ratings
Heavy Prog
Prog Reviewer
Bigelf is such a joy to listen to, especially for someone like me that was around when a lot of their
obvious influences were current.
This music is simply awesome.
It is so reminiscent of 70s prog
bands, but far from just another cheap copy.
This band could have co-existed right along with these
bands and received all of the accolades that their influences would have received at the time.
This is excellent heavy
prog with music dripping with mellotron, heavy guitar solos, lots of prog elements, everything about
rock music that is good is evident in this band.That being said, this album is excellent, but falls a little short of what would be their next album "Cheat
the Gallows", but don't get me wrong, there is plenty in this album that is simply awesome and
The crazy synth solo is "Falling Bombs", the heaviness of "Madhatter", the heavy mellotron
in the beautiful "Disappear", the dark mysteriousness of the organ and bass in "Black Moth" and so
much more, this band creates music that never lacks in sound that lovers of 70s prog rock love and
say they miss so much.
The band is also not afraid to admit to their reliance on the sounds of bands
like Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Black Sabbath and King Crimson.
But the music they create is excellent
and not a cheap copy.
This is not a band of wannabes.
These guys are the real deal.
The guitar
hooks work so well to draw you into the music which is ever changing, sometimes straightforward and
other times totally psychedelic and off the wall, but always consistently top quality.
Bigelf is probably
the most similar to what Galactic Cowboys wanted to be.
Even though GC is great at times, they are
not consistently great.
Bigelf, on the other hand, is so much better and consistently so.
sometimes had that element of cheesiness that could be annoying at times.
Bigelf, even though there
is an undercurrent of sarcasm in the music, are so much more professional and authentic.I said it on my review of "Cheat the Gallows" and I say it again, I don't understand why more proggers
aren't listening to this excellent band.
You need to get a hold of their music, preferably "Cheat the
Gallows" but most of the music on "Hex" will also do just fine.
Because there is a little bit lacking on
the production of this album which got remedied in the following album, it ends up with a 4 star rating
because it is still great, just not as great.
I'll say it again....Try Some Today!
You won't be sorry.
Studio Album, 2011
3.83 | 1004 ratings
Tech/Extreme Prog Metal
Prog Reviewer
Opeth takes a sharp left turn on this release and moves away completely from it's trademark death
metal sound and veers completely into the progressive metal genre.
Gone are the growling vocals
completely, which was my only complaint that I had about the band before, even if they did
alternate from dirty to clean vocals in the past.
Now, this is not the first album where Opeth turned
away from dirty vocals completely.
In "Damnation", the album was completely mellow and featured
all clean vocals, but they remained true to the acoustic aesthetic of death metal.
This time,
on "Heritage" all death metal leanings are left behind.
What you get in replacement is a great
reward, 10 top notch progressive compositions that stay completely true to the genre and it's
In my opinion, this is the best Opeth album up to this point.
Opeth has always been know as a
band that always improves, but never have they taken as huge of a risk as this.
These tracks are
all elaborate and heavily progressive songs through and through with variety in abundance.
is still a heavy presence of guitar, but there is also a lot more keyboards with a lot of mellotron.
You'll hear all kinds of influences in this music, but even with that, the sound is original.
Acoustic is
meshed with electronic and with hints of jazz oriented prog thrown in for good measure.
very apparent in "Nepenthe" which starts on the mellow side and suddenly explodes in a jazz/prog
fusion that sounds very much like UK.
They also tap into the arpeggios that were made popular by
King Crimson and they expand on this beautifully.
And Mikael's vocals are amazing.
I don't know
why he had to hide them under his growling vocals for so longOf course, most metal heads were furious at this album at first.
Some of them never came around,
but others, for whatever reason, were intrigued with the sound and eventually fell in love with the
I love the fact that Opeth could open some minds with this album and with their music.
could never figure out why or how anyone could just stick to one genre anyway, there is so much
great music out there under several genres.
Those of you, on the other hand, that thought that Opeth was a great instrumental band but
couldn't handle the growling, this is your album.
This one has all the prog that you could want and
all the variety that you crave.
Songs are constantly changing meter, dynamic, timbre, even style.
This really almost sounds like another band, but those who have been familiar with Opeth know
without a doubt that this is the real band.
It's so great to hear them break away from the sound that
could really get repetitive and allowed for very little exploration beyond what they had already
perfected.
This album represents the breaking away of expectations of a narrow genre, even
though the band was consistently stretching the boundaries to there limits.
Now there are no
Now the band is free to explore so many avenues of music, and this is what they do.
is amazing that they can reach masterpiece status on their first attempt.
Yes it's true that they
have been honing their skills and musicality on past great albums like "Ghost Reveries"
and "Blackwater Park", and now we have the culmination of everything.
This is an excellent album
and it is a shining example of a band that continues to progress.
Beyond your
expectations.
Studio Album, 2012
3.80 | 26 ratings
RIO/Avant-Prog
Prog Reviewer
3.5 stars. ROZ VITALIS are a band out of St. Petersburg, Russia led by keyboardist
extraordinaire Ivan Rozmainsky. At this point they are a seven piece band with seven guests
helping out. We get instruments like harpsichord, flute, cello, jews harp, accordion, clarinet,
trumpet, flugelhorn, sax, metallophone, bassoon and gusli along with the usual instruments.
Ivan thanks "The Unapproachable Light" in the liner notes. The music to my ears is in the
Eclectic style but maybe they are listed under Avant because of previous releases. Mike
Oldfield came to mind several times. "Patience Of Hope" opens with harpsichord as flute
joins in then a full sound before a minute. The tempo picks up then back to that earlier sound as
themes are repeated. Guitar before 4 minutes as it changes again although it will continue this
way until almost the end where it becomes spacey. An enjoyable and pleasant track. "The
Unfading Sun(The Loved Version)" reminds me of "Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape" to start
before the piano and horns dominate. "To Stir Up Your Pure Minds" opens with cello as clarinet
and more come in, this continues throughout. "Seeds Fall Among Thorns" opens with what
sounds like vibes as flute, drums and more join in. Lots of intricate sounds here in this pleasant
sounding piece including percussion bringing to mind Mike Oldfield. A change before 3
minutes as it darkens with horns and marching styled drums. Back to that earlier theme late.
"The Forgiven Monday" opens with gentle flute as it builds some with sparse sounds. This is
more melancholic than usual for this recording. "Gorgeous Cliff" features guitar and
atmosphere, gorgeous indeed. Piano, bass and flute stand out on
"Mother Of All Rain" to start
in this mellow beginning. Some laid back guitar joins in then it turns fuller before 3 minutes. I
like this one. "Confidence" opens with piano melodies that last for almost 2 minutes then drums
and more take over. A change before 4 minutes with some interesting sounds that come and
go. "Dove Il Sole E Meraviglia" sounds really good when the tempo picks up before a minute.
Again, so many intricate sounds coming and going, strings too. "Touching Upon The Mystery"
opens with harpsichord then piano and drums take over. A cool sound 3 1/2 minutes in with
keyboards, organ, drums and more leading the way. Percussion only 8 minutes in then it builds
quickly with guitar. "The Unfading Sun(The Loving Version)" sounds like Chamber music
throughout. This is really good instrumental music that is very well played and arranged but
it just doesn't have the enjoyment factor for me to bring it up to 4 stars. Well worth checking out
Studio Album, 2013
4.16 | 63 ratings
Rock Progressivo Italiano
Prog Reviewer
Strigma is the fourth studio album by the Roman band Taproban. It was released in 2013 on the French label Musea
Records with a renewed line up featuring, along with founder member and main composer Gianluca De Rossi (keyboards,
flute, vocals), a brand new rhythm section formed by Roberto Vitelli (bass, electric guitar, synthesizer) and Francesco
Pandico (drums, percussion) who replaced Guglielmo Mariotti and Davide Guidoni. According to the band, the title is a
crasis that blends two Latin words: strix (witch) and stigma (brand). It was inspired by the idea of the element of fire
associated with women and in some way this concept was developed through music, images and words. The album is
almost completely instrumental but the beautiful art cover by Daniela Ventrone and the art work by Gianluca De Rossi that
you can find in the booklet can give you a clue of what the music is about. Well, the overall sound could recall bands such
as Le Orme, Goblin or Banco del Mutuo Soccorso but the band showcase great personality and freshness blending vintage
sounds and original ideas...The long, complex opener "Nesia al notturno congresso delle streghe" (Nesia at the night meeting of the witches) alternates
calm, dreamy passages to fiery sections where obscure energies and warm colours take you in the whirls of the infernal
dance portrayed by the painting on the cover, entitled "La Danza delle fiamme" (Dance of the flames). There are no lyrics
but in the booklet you can find a drawing that describes this track with a mysterious blackbird perched on the branch of a
spectral tree and below some words in Latin: concurrentia ad maleficia nefandissima in genus humanum opera venefica...
Welcome to the Sabbath! Anyway, do not expect black metal growls or frenzied heavy riffs, here the music goes through
many changes in atmosphere and rhythm but never leaves its oneiric, almost poetical dimension and there's more
mysticism than violence or luxury in this esoteric dance.Next comes the instrumental "Lo sguardo di Emily" (Emily's glance) that starts with a sudden surge of energy. The band
chose an image of Cupid's bow to describe this piece. In classical mythology, Cupid is the god of desire, erotic love,
attraction and affection. His bow and arrow represent his source of power and everyone who is shot by Cupid's arrow is
filled with uncontrollable desire. So you can guess that Emily is a woman burning with love and longing for a romantic waltz,
her glances are like flames trying to melt the cold desert of a meaningless life... Let the music drive and let Emily's eyes
draw you away for a little while!The last track is a nearly 19 minute epic, "La porta nel buio" (The door in the dark). It's a wonderful suite divided into six
parts with many changes in rhythm and atmosphere where you can listen to some fantastic keyboard passages. It starts
softly, you can hear the noise of a door creaking on its hinges, the atmosphere is almost hypnotic. There's a door in the
dark, but what kind of door? Are you dreaming? There's something that you can't understand... The rhythm rises, the mood
is disquieting, tense. You're scared and you try to run away at breakneck speed, down the stairs... But you get lost, you're
still in the dark... Will you ever see the light again? You're desperately looking for a way out that you can't find, you're
freezing inside and you don't know why, you can't see where you are. Is it nightmare or reality? You're alone and Gianluca
De Rossi evocative vocals lead you into the fortress of the solitude, amid rag men and broken dolls... Will you ever leave it?
The last part of the suite suggests that there's a way to escape and that you can break through... A great track! Although Le
Orme influence looms large over this piece of great spiritual and musical grace, this it is not a recreation of the past and the
songwriting is absolutely brilliant...On the whole, I really like this work. If you like modern progressive rock that's based on classic prog, you really have to
check this album out!
Studio Album, 2014
3.76 | 88 ratings
Progressive Metal
This is a must buy for any fan of Vanden Plas, Progressive Metal, or Progressive Rock. While this release has less metal, it does
have so much more in the form of variety. Yes it has the heavy metal, but you get a theme oriented album with slow moving
passages, stellar vocals, and amazing musicianship.
Both Misery Affection tracks mix in female vocals as a duet, and they really
break up the hard hitting parts of the album. Like the previous release Seraphic Clockwork, this is another must get album. I am
new to Vanden Plas, and everything I have heard feels like they can do no wrong.
Studio Album, 2014
4.67 | 6 ratings
Crossover Prog
What originally started out as a solo project by multi-instrumentalist Vincent Leboeuf Gadreau
from Canadian band Inner Odyssey, expanded into a collaboration involving the mastermind
(acoustic and electric guitars, bass, lead singing, keyboards, samples), Etienne Doyon
(drums, percussion), Mathieu Chamberland (piano, additional keys), Dominique Plante
(Rhodes and strings), Marie Demers (backing vocals). Their first album 'Loving on Standby' is
a passionate exploration of identity, amazing release full of musical depth and sonic variety. As
a whole, ISOS sounds quite Floydian, but there're heavier fragments that have a vibe to can
remind of Porcupine Tree. The effect is hypnotic and, at times, pretty potent. It unfolds into a
challenging yet accessible listening experience. Filled with intelligent, diverse, compelling
playing and memorable voice, CD 'Loving on Standby' can jostle for elbow-space with the
finest records of 2014 thus far!!! Anybody whose tastes run to atmospheric, melodic mid-tempo
prog should embrace this newcomer who knocks down the door and is right there in your face
with all its musical awesomeness. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Studio Album, 2015
4.00 | 8 ratings
Progressive Metal
Special Collaborator PSIKE Team & Band Submissions
There's a fascinating dynamic to state actually when it comes to the progressive rock scene in
Poland. So much new bands to explore - nowhere else to be found in this regard in recent days. Eh
... this does not mean, that I would whitewash all of these, just like spreading a bonus because
they are hailing from the neighbourhood or so. But certainly a large number is offering a really
challenging output, that's my impression at least. Now coming from Poznan (Posen) ABSTRAKT are
newcomer when it comes to the metal fold - heavy guitar riffs all over are significant - and it does
not take much time to recognize that Tool seem to be their main influence. Not a problem for my
taste, which means this could not really prevent me from digging deeper ... luckily. The ultimate start of 'Limbosis' is very beautiful, I mean the initial guitar work on
Teratoma - this has become branded on my mind in the meanwhile. In between the mood changes
to something irrational, ambient patterns are paired with assorted noise like drilling aso. Their
sound is not reduced on progressive metal and heavy alternative, there are often enough spacey
synths and psychedelic guitars to recognize in between. Samples are properly interspersed too, a
violin appears here, a didgeridoo there ... overall everything is unpredictable on this occasion.
Some songs like The Bus resemble New Model Army, Krzysztof Podsiadlo's voice partially comes
close to Justin Sullivan indeed. And it's no wonder that in fact also fellow countrymen Riverside are shining through from to time. The
punching and rumbling bass strikes on Clockhouse most notably, excellent! And then suddenly
ABSTRAKT are pushing a mellow school choir into the foreground as for a reliable contrast. Strictly
speaking there's no need to emphasize any song though, not necessarily, because 'Limbosis' is a very
consistent thing. Overall I find this a real fireworks when it comes to modern melodic prog metal.
Apart from the fact that every band is influenced by other artists, more or less, ABSTRAKT surely
make their own deal here. This is a really successful debut, when it comes to my taste, a
recommended surprise bag!
Reviews list is cached
Latest Prog News, Shows and Tours
Prog News & Press Releases (10) |
Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
Latest 3 Progressive Rock Videos
(4 min 56 sec )
(4 min 56 sec )
(4 min 56 sec )
Arjen Lucassen (AYREON's mastermind) wearing the classic long sleeves PA t-shirt.
custom items: t-shirts, beer steins, coffee mugs, mouse pads, bumper stickers, go to , select the ones you like and checkout
(PayPal support). All orders are handled by Zazzle from invoicing, printing to shipping.
Thanks in advance for supporting us and for spreading the purple prog !
Prog Lounge
Prog Polls
Prog Interviews
Twitter, RSS feeds
Share this site
Collaborators Only
ratings only excluded in count
Remaining cache time: 165 min.
* Weighted Ratings (aka WR), used for ordering, is cached and re-calculated every 15 minutes.
More PA TOP LISTS}

我要回帖

更多关于 stop是什么意思啊 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信