his()( old )brother hasa man got a new carr

小题1:. B&&&&&&&&&&&小题1:.A小题1:.D小题1:.C 略
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
完形填空(共20小题;每小题1分,满分20分)请认真阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。A Woman and a ForkThere was a young woman was diagnosed with a terminal illness and could only live three months. So as she was getting her things "in order," she &&36&&her Rabbi (法师)and had him& come to her house to &&37&&certain aspects of her final wishes.She told him which songs she wanted sung at the &&38&, what scriptures she would like read, and what outfit she wanted to be buried in.Everything was in order and the Rabbi was preparing to leave &&39&&the young woman suddenly remembered something very important to her."There's one more thing," she said &&40&. "What' that?" "This is very important, I want to be buried with a fork in my right hand."The Rabbi stood looking at the young woman, not knowing quite what to say.“That surprises you, doesn't it?” the young woman asked. "Well, to be honest, I'm &&41 &by the request," said the Rabbi.The young woman &&42&. “My grandmother once told me this story, and from then on, I have always done so. I have also, always tried to pass along its message to those I love and those who are in need of &&43&.&In all my years of attending socials and dinners, I always remember that when the dishes of the main &&44&were being cleared, someone would inevitably lean over and say, 'Keep your fork.' It was my favorite part &&45&&I knew that something better was coming...like velvety chocolate cake or deep-dish apple pie…”So, I just want people to see me there in that casket(棺材)with a fork in my hand and I want them to &&46&"What's with the fork?"& 47&&I want you to tell them: "Keep your fork…the best is yet to come."The Rabbi's eyes were &&48&&up with tears of joy as he hugged the young woman good-bye. He knew this would be one of the last times he would see her before her death. But he also knew that the young woman had a better grasp of &&49&&than he did. She had a better grasp of &&50&heaven would be like than many people twice her age, with twice as much experience and knowledge.She knew that something better was coming. At the funeral people were walking by the young woman's casket and they saw the cloak she was wearing and the fork &&51&&in her right& hand. Over and over, the Rabbi heard the question "What's with the fork?" And over and over he &&52&.During his message, the Rabbi told the people of the &&53&&he had with the young woman shortly before she died. He also told them about the fork and what it symbolized to &&54&. The Rabbi told the people how he could not stop thinking about the &&55&&and told them that they probably would not be able to stop thinking about it either.He was right. So the next time you reach down for your fork, let it remind you ever so gently, that the best is yet to come. 小题1:.A.contracted B.contacted C.attractedD.attached小题2:A.talkB.identifyC.recognizeD.discuss小题3:A.assemblyB.partyC.conferenceD.service小题4:A.before B.asC.whenD.then小题5:A.excitedly B.regretfullyC.angrilyD.breathlessly小题6:A.surprisedB.astonishedC.depressedD.puzzled小题7:A.explained B.introducedC.admittedD.hesitated小题8:A.praiseB.honorC.encouragement D.comfort小题9:A.mealB.course C.foodD.cause小题10:A.soB.andC.yetD.because小题11:A.wonder B.questionC.enquireD.say小题12:A.LaterB.AfterwardsC.FinallyD.Then小题13:A.fullB.filled C.fedD.flowed小题14:A.lifeB.funeralC.forkD.heaven小题15:A.howB.whereC.what D.which小题16:A.placed B.graspedC.heldD.caught小题17:A.sobbedB.criedC.smiled D.laughed小题18:A.agreementB.conclusionC.argumentD.conversation小题19:A.her B.himC.themD.people小题20:A.womanB.funeralC.incidentD.fork
Recently, I experienced a wonderful lesson in how little things still mean a lot. My home is on the Big Island of Hawaii. About a month ago, when I &&36&&my car and was about to drive off, I& 37&&at the roadside. A piece of paper &&38&&my eye. I picked it up and read it &&39&. Instantly, I was grateful that I had done that. The form turned out to be a receipt from the State Motor Vehicle Division, documenting the owners’ &&40&&of their Vehicle’s Registration fees. Quickly, I put myself in their shoes and& __41&: no one would throw this away, especially &&42&&it was current. I also looked over the form for contact or any personal &&43&, perhaps a license tag or telephone number. But that seemed __44&. The form had been blown by the wind, so &&45&&would I find the owners? Had it been lying there for a few minutes or a week? So I checked the date and &&46&&the names of the owners , who must& 47&&in our town. I believed that the best and easiest step to take was to put the form in a(n)& 48&&addressed to the couple and mail it by post. Further, I imagined that if I had posted the receipt to a wrong &&49&&, how frantic(慌乱的)I’d be. But it was much &&__50_ &to attempt to return it than to leave them angry, upset , etc. over the &&51&&, so I did as I thought. My hunch(预感) was right. On the weekend, a happy couple &&52&&my house and brought me a big gift. They said they had panicked(恐慌)and &&53&&the receipt madly everywhere before giving up. Without it they would have to &&54&&another 8,000. It felt great to know I’d helped someone avoid a major trouble by doing &&55&&that at first glance seemed minor.小题1:A.foundB.startedC.boughtD.parked小题2:.A.lay downB.flew downC.glanced downD.jumped down小题3:.A.caughtB.blockedC.keptD.covered小题4:.A.suddenlyB.gladlyC.formallyD.carefully小题5:.A.applicationB.paymentC.permissionD.achievement小题6:A.decidedB.plannedC.calculatedD.thought小题7:A.ifB.becauseC.whenD.though小题8:A.opinionsB.newsC.dataD.matters小题9:.A.possibleB.importantC.usefulD.unlikely小题10:A.whyB.howC.whatD.which小题11:A.notedB.recalledC.calledD.changed小题12:.A.waitB.liveC.stopD.study小题13:.A.bagB.pocketC.envelopeD.dustbin小题14:A.placeB.countryC.wayD.station小题15:.A.sadderB.betterC.worseD.faster小题16:A.luckB.painC.mistakeD.loss小题17:.A.called atB.toured aroundC.ran towardsD.returned to小题18:A.took awayB.searched forC.looked atD.asked about小题19:A.earnB.save C.borrowD.spend小题20:.A.anythingB.nothingC.somethingD.everything
John had to go to work. So he set off half an hour 36 than usual and arrived at the library before anybody else. The 37 to come was Mr. Steele, who thought, “This must be a wonder. John is 38 the first here. If he came as 39 as this every morning, he would get a lot more 40 done.” John began to get on with his work and by half past nine he had 41 all the postcards he had to write. It was a quarter to ten, and Mary had not arrived 42. He wondered 43 she was ill or if she had taken the day 44. But Mr. Steele came and 45 him if he knew where Mary was. If she were ill, she would 46, he said. It’s not like her. She’s usually 47. John said that he had no 48 where Mary was. But 49 the door opened and there was Mary. She was looking very 50 and tired. She apologized to Mr. Steele and explained that she had been 51 most of the night. She hadn’t 52 to sleep until five in the morning and had overslept. Mr. Steele was very 53 and suggested that she take the day off. She 54 him and said she would stay, but she 55 said a word for the rest of the morning. John, on the other hand, was feeling happy so at one o’clock he suggested to Mary that they go and have lunch together, and she agreed.小题1:..A.later B.faster C.slower D.earlier小题2:..A.next B.last C.third D.first小题3:..A.almost B.about C.actually D.finally小题4:.A.soon B.early C.late D.quick小题5:.A.job B.book C.work D.thing小题6:..A.taken B.sold C.finished D.ended小题7:.A.too B.yet C.still D.already小题8:..A.whether B.why C.when D.either小题9:.A.on B.over C.off D.up小题10:..A.told B.warned C.answered D.asked小题11:..A.telephone B.drive C.ride D.stay小题12:..A.later for work B.absent C.illD.the first to come小题13:..A.question B.idea C.thought D.mind小题14:.A.at that momentB.for a momentC.long beforeD.after work小题15:.A.happy B.pale C.red D.excited小题16:..A.asleep B.away C.alone D.awake小题17:.A.got B.wanted C.hoped D.begun小题18:.A.cruel B.kind C.angry D.glad小题19:..A.taught B.told C.laughed at D.thanked小题20:..A.hardly B.nearly C.mostly D.immediately
完型填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从36—55各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上涂黑。Back in the 15th century, in a tiny village in Germany, lived a family with eighteen children.Eighteen! In order& 36&&to keep food on the table, the father, a goldsmith by& 37 &, worked almost eighteen hours a day at his trade.Despite their seemingly&& 38&&condition, two of the eldest children had a dream.They both wanted to pursue their talent for art,& 39&&they knew well that their father would never be able to&40&&either of them to study at the Academy.After many long discussions at night in their& 41&&bed, the two boys finally worked out a pact.They would toss (掷) a coin.The &&42 &&would go down into the nearby mines and, with his earnings, &&43&&his winning brother for the academy.Then, in four years, he would support the Other one.Then Albrecht Durer won the toss and& 44&to Nuremberg.Albert went down into the dangerous mines and, for the next four years, &&45&his brother, whose work at the academy was almost an immediate sensation.By the time he graduated, he was beginning to&& 46&considerable fees for himself.When the young artist&&47&&home and said to his brother, "And now, Albert, blessed brother of mine, now it is your &&48&&. Now you can go to the Academy to pursue your dream, and I will& 49&&you."Albert rose and wiped the& 50 &&from his cheeks."No, brother.I cannot go to Nuremberg.It is too& 51&&for me.Look…look what four years in the mines have done to my 52&&! I cannot even hold a glass, much less make delicate lines on canvas&& 53&&a pen or a brush."More than 450 years have& 54 .By now, among Albrecht Durer's hundreds of masterful portraits, "The Praying Hands" is one& 55&&creation that can catch the world's hearts.小题1:A.merelyB.fullyC.completelyD.entirely小题2:.A.heartB.methodC.professionD.words小题3:.A.demandingB.promisingC.hopelessD.careless小题4:.A.soB.andC.howeverD.but小题5:.A.studyB.sendC.giveD.offer小题6:.A.separatedB.crowdedC.newD.unusual小题7:.A.winnerB.loserC.oldD.younger小题8:.A.supportB.advertiseC.expectD.require小题9:.A.flew awayB.went offC.set asideD.left behind小题10:.A.deservedB.desiredC.financedD.envied小题11:.A.spendB.saveC.drawD.earn小题12:.A.arrivedB.regainedC.returnedD.got小题13:.A.turnB.timeC.topD.fate小题14:.A.take charge ofB.make up forC.make use of D.take care of小题15:.A.smilesB.sweatsC.tearsD.hints小题16:.A.lateB.nervousC.tiringD.tense小题17:.A.eyesB.handsC.picturesD.mines小题18:.A.inB.ofC.uponD.with小题19:.A.passedB.keptC.rememberedD.changed小题20:A.strangeB.touchingC.wonderful D.mysterious
题型:阅读理解
When Chato’s barking didn’t stir Jerrica Seals, the recently adopted dog tried nibbling on the teenager’s leg to get the girl out of the burning house.? “No one was hurt.” Fort Myers firefighters responded at about 7:00 a.m. Five people lived in the Garcia’s home. That was neighbor Janice Hamilton’s main concern when she looked out of her window Friday and saw the flames. “I just threw my pants on to run outside and make sure they knew how many people lived there,” Hamilton said. “It was scary.” “Seals called me screamingly,” said Leticia Vega, 36, the sister of Seals’ boyfriend, Javier Garcia, 23, who owns the house. “She said the dog woke her up barking, jumped on the bed and bit her on the leg.”? It is said that Garcia’s brother brought Chato home several weeks ago after the animal wandered onto a Lehigh Acres construction site. Since then, Vega said, Chato had been mostly quiet until it mattered. “He doesn’t usually bark.” Vega said. “He’s really friendly.”? According to deputy fire chief Steve Clyatt, possibly the fire started because of an improper extension cord(电缆) used on a window air conditioner. More than half of the house was burned down. There was extensive smoke and water damage in the remainder of the structure. Estimates (估计)for repair costs were unavailable. “I’d say it’s unlikely they will recover this, but I’ve been surprised before.” Clyatt said.?小题1:Which of the following would be the best title for the passage??A.Janice Hamilton Helps Save Neighbors?B.Firefighters Put out House Fire?C.A Dog Saves the Whole Family from House Fire?D.Family Needs Help Due to House Fire小题2:The underlined word “they” in the third paragraph most probably refers to&_______.A.other neighbors?B.Hamilton’s family members?C.Vega and her brother Garcia?D.the firefighters小题3:By saying “I’d say it’s unlikely they will recover this, but I’ve been surprised before.” in the last paragraph, Clyatt means&_______.?A.it’s a wonder that Seals survived the fire?B.the house was badly damaged?C.such a big fire was seldom seen?D.Chato is a very clever dog小题4:According to the passage, which of the following is NOT mentioned??A.The person who called the firefighters.?B.The possible cause of the accident.?C.The relationship between Seals and Garcia.?D.The owner of the house.
Several years ago, a television reporter was talking to three of the most important people in America. One was a very rich banker, another owned one of the largest companies in the world, and the third owned many buildings in the center of New York. The reporter was talking to them about being important.“How do we know if someone is really important?” the reporter asked the banker. The banker thought for a few moments and then said, “I think anybody who is invited to the White House to meet the President of the United States is really important.” The reporter then turned to the owner of the very large company. “Do you agree with that?” she asked. The man shook his head, “No. I think the President invites a lot of people to the White House. You‘d only be important if while you were visiting the President, there was a telephone call from the president of another country, and the President of the US said he was too busy to answer it.” The reporter turned to the third man. “Do you think so?”“No, I don‘t,” he said. “I don’t think that makes the visitor important. That makes the President important.”“Then what would make the visitor important?” the reporter and the other two men asked.“Oh, I think if the visitor to the White House was talking to the President and the phone rang, and the President picked up the receiver, listened and then said, ‘It’s for you.‘ ”小题1: There are _______ in this passage.A.two men and two womenB.three men and one womanC.three women and one manD.four women小题2: The banker thought _______.A.he was really important because he was a rich bankerB.the visitor to the White House was really importantC.the visitor who met the President of the United StatesD.the reporter was really important小题3: The owner of the very large company thought _______.A.she was really important because she owned one of the largest companiesB.the banker was really importantC.the owner of many buildings in the center of New York was really importantD.the visitor would be really important if while he was visiting the President, the President would not answer any telephone call小题4: The owner of many buildings thought _______.A.he was really important because he owned many buildings in the center of New YorkB.the owner of the very large company was really importantC.the visitor was really important if he talking to the President and the President received a telephone call for the visitorD.the person who worked in the White House was really important
Why is setting goals important? Because goals can help you do, be, and experience everything you want in life. Instead of just letting life happen to you, goals allow you to make your life happen. Successful people imagine how their life should be and set lots of goals. By setting goals you are taking control of your life. It’s like having a map to show you where you want to go. Think of it this way. There are two drivers. One has a destination in mind (her goal) which can be found on a map. She can drive straight there without any wasted time or wrong turns. The other driver has no goal or destination or map. She starts off at the same time from the same place as the first driver, but she drives aimlessly around, never getting anywhere, just using up gas. Which driver do you want to be? Winners in life set foals and follow through on them. They decide what they want in life and then get there by making plans and setting goals. Unsuccessful people just let life happen by accident. Goals aren’t difficult to set---and they aren’t difficult to reach. It’s up to you to find out what your goals really are. You are the one who must decide what to achieve and in what direction to aim your life.Research tells us that when we write a goal down we are more likely to achieve it. Written goals can be reviewed regularly, and have more power. Like a contract with yourself, they are harder to neglect or forget. Also when you write your goals in a particular way, you are able to make yourself continuously aware of situations that will bring you nearer to your goals.小题1:.The article is written to throw light on ______.A.the importance of setting goalsB.the way of setting goals C.the winners of competitionsD.the goals in life小题2:.The example of two drivers is adopted in order to ______.A.compare the difference of goalsB.explain the traffic rulesC.help readers understand the importance of goalsD.tell the function of a map小题3:.The main idea of the fourth paragraph is that ______.A.it’s better to write a goal downB.written goals can’t be forgotten easilyC.try to make yourself aware of your goalsD.written goals can be reviewed regularly
When I was nine years old I lived in a small town. I found an ad for selling greeting cards in the back of a children’s magazine. I thought to myself I could do this. I begged my mother to let me send for the kit (配件). Two weeks later the kit arrived. The next three hours later, I returned home with no card and a pocket full of money shouting, “Mama, all the people couldn’t wait to buy my cards!” A salesperson was born.When I was twelve years old, my father took me to see Zig Ziegler. I remember sitting in the dark hall listening to Mr. Ziegler raise everyone’s spirits up to ceiling. I left there feeling like I could do anything. When we got to the car, I turned to my father and said, “Dad, I want to make people feel like that.” My father asked me what I meant. “I want to be a motivational speaker just like Mr. Ziegler,” I replied. A dream was born.Recently, I began pursuing(追求) my dream of motivating others. I realized that everything I had accomplished — the graduate degree, the successful sales career, speaking appointments, training and managing for a major fortune 100 company as a senior manager— had prepared me for this moment. I told my boss who was a great leader I would leave the company though I might not reach such a height in career. He told me to proceed(进行) and he believed I would succeed.Having made that decision, I was immediately tested. One week after I gave notice, my husband was laid off from his job. We had recently bought a new home and needed both incomes to make the monthly mortgage (抵押) payment and now we were done to no income. I even planned to turn back to my former company, knowing they wanted me to stay but I was certain that if I went back, I would never leave. I decided I still wanted to move forward rather than end up with a mouth full of “if onlys” later on. A motivational speaker was born.When I held fast to my dream, even during the tough times, the miracles(奇迹) really began to happen. In a short time period my husband found a better job. We didn’t miss a mortgage payment. And I was able to book several speaking appointments with new clients (客户). I discovered the incredible power of dreams. I loved my old job, my workmates and the company I left, but it was time to get on with my dream. To celebrate my success I had a local artist paint my new office as a garden. At the top of one wall she marked, “The world always makes way for the dreamer.”小题1:Why was the kit sent for?A.Selling greeting cards.B.Collecting greeting cards.C.Buying greeting cards.D.Sending greeting cards.小题2:When did the author decide to become a motivational speaker?A.After buying a new home by mortgage.B.After giving notice to leave her safe position in the company.C.After finding a job in a major fortune 100 company.D.After listening to Mr. Ziegler’s inspiring speech.小题3:Which of the following statements is NOT TRUE?A.She was once an excellent manager.B.She left her post at the height of her career.C.She was not sure whether the former company could accept her.D.She didn’t miss paying the monthly mortgage payment.小题4:What does the underlined sentence mean in the last paragraph?A.Carry on with your dreams and you will be successful.B.Risk everything you have for a dream and you will succeed.C.The world belongs to dreamers.D.Everyone will find their dreams.}

我要回帖

更多关于 brother 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信