what is the outside world 迷宫in your mind ?

小题1:C小题2:B小题3:A小题4:A小题5:B小题6:D小题7:A小题8:C小题9:A小题10:B小题11:A小题12:B小题13:B小题14:D小题15:B小题16:C小题17:A小题18:C小题19:D小题20:B试题分析:这是一篇议论文。我们总是拿自己与别人进行比较,这样一来就会使自己总不满意,而正确办法是拿自己的现在与自己的过去进行比较,我们自己才是自己最好的竞争者。小题1:考查形容词:A. patient耐心的,B. strict严格的,C. content满意的,D. concerned关心的,关注的,从前面的句子:In a world where comparisons happen non-stop,可知现在到处都在比较,很难对自己满意的,选C小题2:考查形容词:A. stronger更强,B. better更好,C. lazier更懒,D. wiser更聪明,根据上文在和别人比较的时候,总是有人更好,选B小题3:考查副词:A. inside内在的,B. out在外,C. for为了,D. up向上,从后面的句子:measure against what Warren Buffett calls your own inner yardstick.可知唯一的解决办法是看自己的内在,和自己比,选A小题4:考查形容词:A. accurate精确的,B. useful有用的,C. careful仔细的,D. powerful强大的,有力的,没有比和你昨天上星期,几年前相比更准确的比较了,选A小题5:考查名词:A. end结束,B. best 最好的,C. convenience方便,D. side边,when引导的定语从句,修饰yesterday, last week or last decade,说明那时你是最好的,选B小题6:考查形容词:A. satisfied满意的,B. busy忙的,C. inspired受到激励的,D. lazy懒惰的,从前面的句子:Either you see yourself as better than someone可知看见你比别人好,你就会懒惰下来,选D小题7:考查代词:A. nothing&&没有什么,B. fun快乐,C. sure确保,D. success成功,你看见别人比你好,认为自己的努力徒劳,for nothing“徒劳”,选A小题8:考查形容词:A. equal&&平等的,B. unique&&独特的,C. alike相像的,D. common共同的,普遍的,选我们没有一个人是相像的,选C小题9:考查介词:A. within在…里面,B. by通过,C. for为了,D. of…的,从前面的句子:The only solution is to reach&& 38&& and measure against what Warren Buffett calls your own inner yardstick.可知唯一直接的,诚实的比较是和自己比较,选A小题10:考查动词:A. instructed指导,B. allowed允许,C. directed指导,D. suggested建议,我的意见是你只被允许和别人相比,当他们的情况和你的一样,选B小题11:考查名词:A. Situation形势,情况,B. Position位置,C. Occasion机会,场合,D. Accommodation食宿,这里指别人的生活情况,选A小题12:考查名词: A. game&&&游戏,比赛,B. match匹配,C. friend朋友,D. Enemy敌人,这里是说,要找到和你一样的人要非常幸运,选B小题13:考查动词:A. conclude下结论,B. bet打赌,C. announce宣布,D. declare宣称,从前面的句子:there will always be someone who can run a little faster, jump a little higher, score a little better or look a little nicer in a swimsuit.可知总是有人做的比你好,如果没有,那你可以肯定的说,有人在你后面很快的赶上你,选B小题14:考查介词:A. before在…前面,B. Beside在...旁边,C. Below在..下面,D. behind在....后面,有人在你后面很快的赶上你,选D小题15:考查名词:A. Assistant助手,B. Competitor竞争者,C. Coach教练,D. Teacher老师,从前面的句子:So how can you always win in life?可知这句话是成为自己最好的竞争者,选B小题16:考查动词:A. Contribute贡献,B. Expose暴露,C. Push推动,D. Devote奉献,想象你最近的极限是最好的推动通向下个水平的方式,选C小题17:考查动词:A. care关心,在乎,B. says说话,C. wonders奇怪,想知道,D. Asks问,如果下一个人能爬15层楼梯谁在乎?选A小题18:考查名词:A. effort努力,B. sense感觉,C. difference不同,D. change改变,make a difference有影响,选C小题19:考查形容词:A. successful成功的,B. happy快乐的,C. lucky幸运的,D. Fit适合的,你今天比昨天是更加胜任的人,选D小题20:考查名词: A. benefit利益,B. progress进步,C. habit习惯,D. result结果,从前面的句子:You are a more&&&&&&person today than you were yesterday.可知你的进步是你最需要的,选B
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。&&When I worked in a large city, passing by someone experiencing homelessness wasn’t an uncommon sight. The difficult situation of those I saw touched me &&&&&&, and I often felt, “I would be one of them &&&&&&&the kindness of God.”I felt forced to do something, and as a single mom and newcomer to my field, I decided to& __&&&&a plan that fit my limited budget. I began by &&&&&&&five to ten dollar bills each payday, and during the week, passing &&&&&&&out to those I met on the street.Though a dollar felt like a small &&&&&&, I realized how &&&&&_ it was to give the gift of being seen: for me to recognize that those I passed by were people just like me. &&&&&&&we would joke a bit and smile together. On some occasions, I was able to &&&&&&&more. I’ll never know how and if the dollars &&&&&&, but I know that the connections we made did.One day after I had started this weekly practice, I had &&&&&&&enough to buy myself a new winter coat. With my recent purchase wrapped around my shoulders, I &&&&&&&that my old coat could still be put to use by someone who had little or nothing to &&&&&&&them from the cold. However, at that moment, I felt inspired to pass on this opportunity for &&&&&&. I turned to the salesman who had helped me, and asked if he would feel &&&&&&&taking my old coat, walking to the corner, and offering it to someone &&&&&&. Slightly taken aback, he smiled. “I will as soon as I get a break,” he said. “Thanks for your &&&&&&.”I can’t help but feel that my &&&&&&&with kindness have moved me to pass it on, and in this way, I feel I’ve helped more than just those I &&&&&&&by on the street. Kindness touches many hearts, and I am grateful for the way it has &&&&&&&mine.小题1:A.surprisinglyB.happilyC.seriouslyD.deeply小题2:A.but forB.together withC.apart fromD.because of小题3:A.put up withB.keep up withC.come up withD.link up with小题4:A.setting offB.setting asideC.setting outD.setting about小题5:A.itB.himC.themD.that小题6:A.amountB.tipC.qualityD.guard小题7:A.carefulB.successfulC.thankfulD.powerful小题8:A.SometimesB.NeverC.HardlyD.Seldom小题9:A.acceptB.receiveC.refuseD.give小题10:A.attendedB.helpedC.madeD.afforded小题11:A.put upB.saved upC.picked upD.held up小题12:A.realizedB.explainedC.admittedD.agreed小题13:A.preventB.stopC.pullD.protect小题14:A.connectionB.communicationC.kindnessD.relationship小题15:A.disappointedB.comfortableC.depressedD.wise小题16:A.in needB.in doubtC.in detailD.in anger小题17:A.compromiseB.comprehensionC.considerationD.ambition小题18:A.hobbiesB.experiencesC.habitsD.favorites小题19:A.judgeB.goC.standD.pass小题20:A.interestedB.excitedC.touchedD.entertained
A group of frogs were traveling through the woods, and two of them fell into a deep pit. All the other frogs &&&&&the pit. When they saw how &&&&&the pit was, they told the two frogs that they might as well be &&&. The two frogs ignored what &&&&&&were saying and &&&&&to jump up out of the pit with all of their physical strength. The other frogs &&&&&&telling them to stop. Finally, one of the frogs &&&&&&the comments, seriously considered them, and gave up. He &&&&&&down and died. The other frog continued to jump as &&&&as he could. Once again, the crowd of frogs shouted at him to stop the &&&&&&and just die. He jumped even harder and finally &&&&&it out. When he got out, the other frogs said, “Did you not &&&&&&us?” The frog explained to them that he was &&&&&&. He thought they were &&&&&&him the whole time. This story teaches two lessons: First, there is power of life and death in the &&&&&&. An encouraging word to someone who is &&&&&&&can lift them up and help them make it through the day. Second,a destructive word to someone who is down can be &&&&&&it takes to kill them. Be &&&&&of what you say. Speak life to those who cross your path. The &&&&&&&of words is great. It is sometimes hard to understand &&&&&&an encouraging word can go such a long way. Anyone can speak words that tend to rob another of the spirit to continue in difficult times.小题1:A.jumped overB.looked through C.came downD.gathered around小题2:A.big B.deep C.dangerous D.wide小题3:A.dead B.kind C.quiet D.safe小题4:A.the ones B.another C.the others D.others小题5:A.promisedB.tried C.managed D.agreed小题6:A.kept B.enjoyed C.finished D.stopped小题7:A.came up with B.paid attention toC.got used toD.got along with小题8:A.slowed B.wentC.climbedD.fell小题9:A.much B.straight C.hard D.fast小题10:A.pain B.disease C.fear D.competition小题11:A.worked B.turned C.left D.made小题12:A.follow B.hear C.recognize D.consider小题13:A.deaf B.blind C.honest D.clever小题14:A.respecting B.comforting C.encouragingD.beating小题15:A.societyB.communication C.tongue D.misunderstanding小题16:A.down B.angry C.away D.up小题17:A.whoB.that C.which D.what小题18:A.proud B.careful C.afraid D.free小题19:A.function B.energy C.power D.skill小题20:A.thatB.whatC.whetherD.when
One night recently, I was driving down a two-lane highway at about 60 miles an hour. A car approached from the &36&direction at about the same speed. As we &37&each other, I caught the other driver’s eye for only a second.& I wondered whether he might be &38& , as I was, how dependent we were on each other at that moment. I was relying on him not to fall& 39& , not to be put off by a phone conversation, not to cross over into my lane and bring my life to a sudden& 40 . Though we had &41&spoken a word to each other, he relied on me in just the same way. Multiplied a million times over, I believe that is the way the world& 42 . At some &&43&, we all depend upon one another. Sometimes that dependence requires us& 44 &not to do something like crossing over the double yellow line. And sometimes it requires us to act &45&, with friends or even with &46&. As technology& 47&our world, the need increases for cooperative action among nations. In 2003, doctors in five nations were quickly organized to identify the SARS virus, which &48&thousands of lives. The threat of international terrorism has shown itself to be a& 49 &problem, one requiring coordinated action by police and intelligence forces across the world’ We must recognize that our fates are not ours&& 50&to control. In my own life, I’ve put great stock in &51&responsibility.& 52 &, as the years have passed, I’ve also come to believe that there are moments when one must rely upon the good faith and judgment of& 53& . So, while each of us faces the case of driving alone down a& 54&road, what we must learn is that the approaching light may not be a threat, but a shared moment of& 55&.小题1:A.wrongB.correctC.sameD.opposite小题2:A.passedB.greetedC.recognizedD.met小题3:A.believingB.thinkingC.admittingD.suggesting小题4:A.downB.offC.asleepD.sick小题5:A.endB.shockC.surpriseD.disaster小题6:A.apparentlyB.hardlyC.neverD.ever小题7:A.looksB.existsC.staysD.works小题8:A.levelB.placeC.momentD.length小题9:A.temporarilyB.simplyC.constantlyD.consciously小题10:A.independentlyB.respectivelyC.individuallyD.cooperatively小题11:A.strangersB.colleaguesC.parentsD.partners小题12:A.developsB.enlargesC.shrinksD.improves小题13:A.killedB.threatenedC.destroyedD.saved小题14:A.similarB.differentC.seriousD.widespread小题15:A.alikeB.aloneC.aliveD.along小题16:A.personalB.publicC.commonD.general小题17:A.ThereforeB.ThoughC.ButD.Thus小题18:A.friendsB.authoritiesC.othersD.oneself小题19:A.darkB.mainC.busyD.narrow小题20:A.enjoymentB.trustC.safetyD.encouragement
After 21 years of marriage, I discovered a new way of keeping the spark (火花) of love alive. I started to go out with another woman. It was really my wife’s &&&26&&.The other woman that my &&&27&&&wanted me to visit was my mother, who has been a widow (寡妇) for 19 years, but the &&&28&&&of my work and my three children had made it possible to visit her only &&&29&&. That night I called to invite her to go out for &&&30&&&and a movie. “What’s wrong, are you &&&31&&?” she asked. My mother is the type of woman who &&&32&&&that a late night call or a surprise invitation is a sign of bad news. “I thought that it would be &&&33&&&to pass some time with you,” I responded. “Just the &&&34&&&of us.” She thought about it for a moment, then said, “I would like that very much.” We went to a restaurant that, although not elegant, was very nice and &&&35&&. My mother took my arm &&&36&&&she were the First Lady. During the dinner we had an agreeable &&&37&&&— nothing extraordinary — but &&&38&&&recent events of each other’s life. We talked so much that we &&&39&&&the movie. As we arrived at her house later, she said, “I’ll &&&40&&&with you again, but only if you let me invite you.” I agreed. “How was your dinner &&&41&&?” asked my wife when I got home. “Very nice. Much more so than I could have imagined,” I answered.A few days later my mother &&&42&&&a massive heart attack. It happened so suddenly that I didn’t have a chance to do &&&43&&&for her. At that moment I &&&44&&&the importance of saying in time “I LOVE YOU” and giving our loved ones the time that they &&&45&&.小题1:A.thoughtB.beliefC.ideaD.opinion小题2:A.fatherB.childrenC.motherD.wife小题3:A.demandsB.pleasuresC.anxietiesD.commands小题4:A.unusuallyB.frequently C.occasionallyD.immediately小题5:A.dinnerB.a walkC.some fresh airD.a while小题6:A.wellB.goodC.safeD.bad小题7:A.guessesB.imaginesC.supposesD.suspects小题8:A.necessary B.pleasant C.properD.possible小题9:A.twoB.threeC.fourD.five小题10:A.cheap B.comfortableC.coolD.tasty小题11:A.in caseB.now thatC.as ifD.so that小题12:A.troubleB.conversationC.silenceD.experiment小题13:A.catching up onB.finding outC.making sureD.working out小题14:A.missedB.enjoyedC.rememberedD.watched小题15:A.eat outB.go outC.run outD.keep out小题16:A.partyB.danceC.hourD.date小题17:A.heard ofB.suffered fromC.died ofD.recovered from小题18:A.nothingB.anythingC.somethingD.everything小题19:A.acceptedB.doubtedC.consideredD.understood小题20:A.winB.deserveC.spendD.waste
题型:阅读理解
One of my main concerns when I am helping people achieve their goals is how they measure success. I see individuals getting frustrated as they struggle hard for success.One of the main reasons that cause this frustration is that people allow their definition of success to be determined by someone or something else. Another is that they become frustrated at their own apparent lack of success when comparing themselves to other people.We are individuals with individual wants, skills and experiences. We should look at our own skills to determine what is successful to us. We should look inwards to determine what it would mean for us to be successful in our own mind rather than someone else’s.Evaluating a successful person needs to look at his pathway to success, his actions ,his determination and translate that into his own experience to see how he can improve himself.You must set your own course of action, and stay on your course. You alone must determine what success means to you. Do what you do to the best of your ability and the rest will take care of itself. For example, I believe that I am successful but I am not a millionaire! Others may not see me as successful in their eyes but that does not matter. It is how I see myself that is important to me and my life.Here is the truth. Being a success is doing your best, not being the best. Success is not
it is something you continue being.When we get to that point, we will experience a lot more joy and a lot less frustration. And that sounds good to us!Remember the great quote from Napoleon Hill, “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.”小题1:What’s the best title of this passage?A.Frustration Determines SuccessB.The Importance of Frustration to SuccessC.How to Measure SuccessD.Evaluations of a Successful Person小题2:In terms of success, the writer thinks people feel frustrated because they_____A.struggle too hardB.know little about othersC.are often discouragedD.underestimate themselves小题3:Which is NOT true according to the passage?A.Success is something you keep on being rather than you become.B.Evaluating a successful person needs to look at others’ judgment.C.It doesn’t matter others may not consider you as a success in their eyes.D.It matters that you set your own course of action and stay on it.小题4:According to the passage the writer advises us to_____.A.attach the importance to others’ attitude and evaluationB.learn from others ,failureC.set a proper goal and strive to realize itD.look at others’ skills to determine what is successful to us
My son was badly hurt in a fire. After he &&36&&from a series of treatments, the doctors told him they would not do any operation for six months &&37&&it took long for the skin to stop shrinking (收缩). So, he had to return to college with a visible 10-inch &&38&&on his face.I said to my son, “Keaton, &&39&&will pay any more attention to your scar &&40&&you do. If it does not bother you, it will not bother &&41&.” He took my advice to heart and returned to school with his head &42&&high — glad he was alive.& 43&, everyone has scars and shortcomings. Some of you may spend much time thinking that people would like you better, &&44&&you looked different, or dressed differently, or could have a different and newer &&45&.But you see, like Keaton’s scar, people will only judge you by your looks, or your &&46&, or your car, if you are judging yourself by these same false &&47&.One of my friends in college was very &&48&. At first, when people met him, they noticed his &&49&&&for about 10 seconds. This man felt &&50&&about himself and spent most of his time &&51&&about other people’s comfort and welfare(幸福). &&52&, people ignored his looks. What people &&53&&was his kindness and his concern for them. He didn’t act in an ugly way so people didn’t treat him as an ugly man.Therefore, concentrate on what you value &&54&&yourself, because if you can see that beautiful person, everyone you are in contact with will see the same &&55&. 小题1:A.curedB.recoveredC.improvedD.returned小题2:A.becauseB.thoughC.untilD.before小题3:A.cutB.woundC.injureD.scar小题4:A.no oneB.anyoneC.everyoneD.someone小题5:A.asB.likeC.thanD.when小题6:A.anotherB.others C.allD.us小题7:A.putB.heldC.takenD.hung小题8:A.After allB.In conclusionC.In factD.Above all小题9:A.as long asB.if C.even ifD.as if小题10:A.houseB.telephoneC.jobD.car小题11:A.clothesB.hairstyleC.figureD.salary小题12:A.meansB.standardsC.commentsD.rules小题13:A.smartB.optimisticC.rudeD.ugly小题14:A.mannersB.expressionsC.looksD.actions小题15:A.luckyB.worriedC.goodD.sad小题16:A.inquiringB.askingC.knowingD.caring小题17:A.CompletelyB.GraduallyC.ObviouslyD.Suddenly小题18:A.wantedB.understoodC.broughtD.saw小题19:A.withinB.beyondC.exceptD.above小题20:A.kindnessB.concernC.beautyD.perfection
More than a third of the babies born this year could receive a 100th birthday message from whoever happens to be on the throne in the second decade of the 22nd century, according to figures published by the Office for National Statistics (ONS). It forecasts that 35% of the 826,000 people born in 2012 will live to become centenarians.But a long life is not unalloyed good news. David Sinclair, head of policy and research at the International Longevity Centre UK, warned that for many the future may mean social isolation(隔离)as they live longer than friends and members of their families."It is of course good news that so many more people are living longer," he said, "but there is a big 'but1. We will be older, but in worse health, and at high risk of living alone. The other problem is that we are very poor at forward planning. We deal with the problems that are under our noses, but even problems two or three years away seem quite distant enough to put off.When you're talking about forecasts for a time half a century away and more, I see no evidence that we are putting in place the measures to deal with it."This year there will be 14,500 centenarians in the UK, a number which is expected to increase to 110,000 in 2035.Women have higher life expectancies than men at every age: the likelihood of a girl born this year reaching her century is estimated to be 39%; for boys the figure is 32%.The estimated number of female centenarians has risen from 500 in 1961 to more than 10,000 in 2010,a figure which is projected to reach 71,000 by 2035 and 276,000 by 2060.Men are also living far longer, although their numbers are far fewer. There were an estimated 92 male centenarians in 1961 and just below 2,000 in 2010.小题1:The underlined word centenarians probably means people who_____.A.are born this yearB.live longer than their friendsC.are in poor healthD.are a hundred or more years old小题2:From what David Sinclair said, we can learn_____.A.he doesn't believe so many people are living longerB.the older we are, the more likely we are to live alone and in poor healthC.the people who are good at forward planning are likely to live longerD.too distant planning is not always necessary for most of us小题3:Which of the following statement is true?A.About 289,100 people born in 2012 will live to 100.B.More men will reach their century than women in the future.C.The number of the female centenarians was 1,000 in 1970sD.More than 600 people reached their century in 1961.小题4:What does this passage mainly talk about?A.A long life is not always good news.B.A long life also means social and physical isolationC.In the future, more people will live to 100 in the UK.D.It is good to live to 100.
The baby monkey is much more developed at birth than the human baby. Almost from the moment it is born, the baby monkey can move around and hold tightly to its mother. During the first few days of its life the baby will approach and hold onto almost any large, warm, and soft object in its environment, particularly if that object also gives it milk. After a week or so, however, the baby monkey begins to avoid newcomers and focuses its attentions on “mother” ---- the real mother or the mother-substitute(母亲替代物). During the first two weeks of its warmth is perhaps the most important psychological(心理的) thing that a monkey mother has to give to its baby. The Harlows, a couple who are both psychologists, discovered this fact by offering baby monkeys a choice of two types of mother-substitutes ---- one covered with cloth and one made of bare wire. If the two artificial mothers were both the same temperature, the little monkeys always preferred the cloth mother. However, if the wire model was heated, while the cloth model was cool, for the first two weeks after birth the baby monkeys picked the warm wire mother-substitutes as their favorites. Thereafter they switched and spent most of their time on the more comfortable cloth mother Why is cloth preferable to bare wire? Something that the Harlows called contact(接触的) comfort seems to be the answer, and a most powerful influence it is. Baby monkeys spend much of their time rubbing against their mothers’ skins, putting themselves in as close contact with the parent as they can. Whenever the young animal is frightened, disturbed, or annoyed, it typically rushes to its mother and rubs itself against her body. Wire doesn’t“rub”as well as does soft wire cloth. Prolonged(长时间的)“contact comfort” with a cloth mother appears to give the babies confidence and is much more rewarding to them than is either warmth or milk. According to the Harlows, the basic quality of a baby’s love for its mother is trust. If the baby is put into an unfamiliar playroom without its mother, the baby ignores the toys no matter how interesting they might be. It screams in terror and curls up into a fury little ball. If its cloth mother is now introduced into the playroom, the bay rushes to it and holds onto it for dear life. After a few minutes of contact comfort, it obviously begins to feel more secure. It then climbs down from the mother-substitute and begins to explore the toys, but often rushes back for a deep embrace(拥抱)as if to make sure that its mother is still there and that all is well. Bit by bit its fears of the new environment are gone and it spends more and more time playing with the toys and less and less time holding on to its “mother.”&50. Psychologically, what does the baby monkey desire most during the first two weeks of its life?A. Warmth&&&& B. Milk&&&& C. Contact&&&&&&&&&D. Trust小题1:After the first two weeks of their life, baby moneys prefer the cloth mother to the wire mother because the former is __. A.larger in sizeB.closer to themC.less frightening and less disturbingD.more comfortable to rub against小题2:What does the baby monkey probably gain from prolonged “contact comfort”?A.AttentionB.SoftnessC.ConfidenceD.Interest小题3:It can be inferred that when the baby monkey feels secure,_____________.A.it frequently rushes back for a deep embrace when exploring the toysB.it spends more time screaming to get rewardsC.it is less attracted to the toys though they are interestingD.it cares less about whether its mother is still around小题4:The main purpose of the passage is to______________.A.give the reasons of the experimentB.present the findings of the experimentC.introduce the method of the experimentD.describe the process of the experiment}

我要回帖

更多关于 what s in your mind 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信