翻译一下这篇文章谢谢 原文在高中英语必修四课文翻译4第6页

求人教版高中英语必修4,第一单元课文翻译!_百度知道
求人教版高中英语必修4,第一单元课文翻译!
第6页的,不要百度文库里的,人工翻译
提问者采纳
现在(绝对一眼也没看任何原文的翻译,她却确保了五万多新生儿的顺利诞生。她的善良和对每一位病人的关爱便得她后来更成功。相反,不仅著书立说?我仔细读过之后发现这本书是为了农村妇女写的。
我很偶然地读到了一篇文章,是关于一位名叫林巧稚的妇科病专家的,我更加兴奋,那是一本小册子,为什么不继续林巧稚的工作?进一步的阅读让我知道是她温柔的天性以及勤奋和坚决的意志才使得她进了医校?她认为谁最需要这本书呢,写的是如何降低新生儿死亡率的?现在对我来说?直到有一天,而且还到国外进修,我已经迫不急待地想更多地了解她了。她为什么要写这个。或许是因为她们得了急症时一时找不到医生吧。难道她比别人聪明很多。此时,但上大学我该学哪一科呢。生于1901年。她的一篇文吸引了我的眼球。有关她熬夜为付不起费用的妇女接生!那是一个女孩子的教育永远不如男孩子教育重要的时代.,她一直忙于她所选定的职业,林巧稚一生致力于她的工作而终生未嫁,我坐在电脑前研究一位中国的伟大女性之后才有了答案,提高成绩。文中可知。她在如何保持新生儿清洁.:那个年代对于一个女子来说接受医学教育是多么难的一件事啊、健康和防病方面给出了几条易于遵循的规则,放心.,逝于1983年,精疲力竭地回家的故事数不胜数,没有自己的家庭,你用任何模糊的搜索都搜不到的。
我脑子里突然有了一个念头、生物和化学!)应该继续她那份崇高的职业
我上中学时最喜欢的是英语.。我发现、准备高考等毕竟还为时不晚
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
您可能关注的推广回答者:回答者:
人教版高中英语的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
高中英语外研版必修4Module 1《life in the future》教案
Module 1 Life in the Future重要词汇词汇相关提示1.prediction
预测注意固定搭配making predictions 和动词 predict的用法。2.risky adj.冒险的熟记固定搭配risk doing sth.和at one's own risk的用法。3.load
v. 装载;负担掌握固定搭配load...with...的用法。4.limit
n.范围注意固定搭配limit...to...和limit和limitation的用法区别。5.charge
n.费用,零钱掌握charge作名词以及动词的意义及相关短语的用法。6.imagine
v.想像,设想掌握imagine doing sth.,imagine that和imagine sb./oneself to be的用法。重点交际句式谈论确定的将来1.We are running out of.... 我们将用尽......2. ...is on the way out. ......即将不流行了。表示预测1.What will...of the future look like? 将来的......会是什么样子?2.What...is going to/will be like in the future? ......将会变成什么样子?3.These predictions will come true if.... 如果......,这些预言都将成为现实。4. ...will/won't be here in...years. ......在......年之内将会/不会来这儿。重点语法学习并掌握将来进行时的构成和用法;比较将来进行时和一般将来时、现在进行时的常见用法。写作要求能熟练运用本模块所学的词汇、短语和时态表达所预测的将来的环境。Module 1 Life in the Future 教学说明教学设计说明话题介绍你是否曾想象过我们未来的生活将是什么样的呢?随着科学技术的发展和普及,我们周围的一切都将发生天翻地覆的变化。这就是本模块的主题:"Life in the Future"。Period 1 ReadingINTRODUCTION Vocabulary and speaking 和READING AND VOCABULARY合并为第一课时"阅读课"。课文"The City of the Future" 是说明文,在它的帮助下,我们将尝试着去了解我们未来的家,看看我们未来的城市将会是什么模样,我们的生活又将会发生什么变化。当然,提前几十年感受未来绝非易事。毫无疑问,一些预测将能实现,但是并非所有的"纸上谈兵"都能成为现实。城市耸入云天或横向发展,大都市深入地下或漂浮在海面,有人认为这是乌托邦式的空想。但是不要忘了,在一个世纪前,移动电话还是不可思议的东西,谈起登陆月球还要冒被人当作疯子的危险。因此,还是让我们试着想象一下未来吧!Period 2 Function课本4页为第二课时"功能课",学习talking about the future。Period 3 Grammar课本6页是语法课"Grammar" ,本模块学习使用the future continuous。Period 4 Writing课本7页"Writng"为 "写作课",学习writing about your future。Period 5 CULTURAL CORNER课本9页的CULTURE CORNER 是"文化阅读课","Famous Last Words"。历史上许多名人都曾对未来进行过各种预言,但随着时间推移,其中许多预言在现在看来却显得愚蠢可笑。Famous Last Words讲的就是一些愚蠢可笑的预言。Period 6 TASK课本10页的TASK 是"任务课",学习用英文describing your ideal house for the future。Module 1 Life in the FuturePart One Teaching DesignPeriod 1 Reading--The City of the Future■Goals● To learn to read passages with the future continuous● To learn to read with strategies■ProceduresStep 1: Warming up by defining futureWhat is future?In a linear conception of time, the future is the portion of the timeline that is still to occur, i.e. the place in space-time where lie all events that still have not occurred. In this sense the future is opposed to the past (the set of moments and events that have already occurred) and the present (the set of events that are occurring now).Warming up by welcome to the City of the FutureOur present-day cities are already obsolete and are threatening to engulf the entire countryside, permanently destroying vast areas of our best food-producing land.Victory City(tm) is the wave of the future. It's an entire city all under one roof, to be built and operated by private enterprise alone. There will not be just one, but many such cities throughout the entire world.Boasting no crime, no pollution, and no over-crowding, Victory City is a veritable utopia for those who've grown weary of trying to find solutions to today's urban problems.Welcome to the City of the Future.Step 2: Before you readPlease go over the word list for this module, paying attention to the pronunciation of the word, the relationship between its pronunciation and its spelling.Step 3: While you read1. Type of writing and summaries of The City of the FutureType of writingA descriptionSummaries of 1st partWhat will the city of the future look like?Summaries of 2nd parthow to run a city of 50,000 people in the year 20252. A diagram of The City of the Future3. Complete the article with one word in each blankWhat will the city of the future be like? One __1__ is certain about the future city-they are going to get bigger before they get smaller. Here are __2__ of the ideas for running a city of 50,000 people in the year 2025. To get rid of garbage problems, __3__ city will load huge spaceships with waste materials and send them towards the sun, __4__ landfill/ and environmental problems. Nets Police will arrest criminals by firing nets __5__ of guns. No smoking will be allowed within a future city's limits. In the future all _6__will be done online, and catalogues will have voice commands to place orders. Everyone __7__ be given a telephone number at birth that will never change no matter where they live. All __8__of recreation, such as cinemas, bowling, softball, concerts and others, will be provided free __9__charge by the city. All cars will be powered by electricity, solar energy or wind. __10__surgery will become common. People will take their holidays at home. Travelling in __11__by ordinary citizens will be common.Keys:
4 preventing
6 shopping7 will
10 Distance
11 space4. Answer the reading comprehension questions according to the text1. Why will care for the environment become very important in the future?A. Because earth's natural resources run outB. Because we will use lots of recycled materials, such as plastic, aluminium, steel, glass, wood and paper.C. Because we will waste fewer natural resources.D. Because we will also have to rely more on alternative energy.2. What does the word "landfill" mean in the text?A. an area of land where large amounts of waste material are buried under the earthB. the process of burying large amounts of waste materialC. waste material that will be buriedD. a piece of land in the valley3. Is the word "mall" _____?A. British English
B. American English
C. Australian English
D. African English4. What is not mentioned as an idea for running the future city?A. Holidays at home
B. Telesurgery
C. Attending school at home
D. RecreationKeys: 1-4 ABBCStep 4: After you readCopy all the useful expressions into your Expression BookUseful expressions from The City Of the Futurelook like, for sure, make predictions, a risky business, get bigger, in the future, care for..., run out, recycled materials, such as..., rely (more) on, alternative energy, solar and wind power, seem certain, find out..., ask...to think how..., run a city of 50,000 people,, in the year 2025, get rid of..., send...towards the sun, arrest criminals by firing nets instead of guns, forget smoking, within a future city's limits, be done online, voice commands, place orders, at birth, forms of recreation, free of charge, be powered by electricity, at the flick of a switch, distance surgery, carry out operations, with each city having its own telesurgery outpatient clinic, senior citizens, people with disabilities, go anywhere, using high-tech cameras, be attached to ..., space travel, travel in space, have one's own spaceportStep 5: Closing down by making sentences1. You are going to make your own sentences with the expressions form this moduleMaking sentences with the expressions from The City Of the Future(with the future continuous if possible)1. She will be looking like an old lady soon.2. No one knows his name for sure.3. Making predictions is a risky business.4. The earth will be getting bigger or getting smaller in the future.5. I don't know who will be caring for me then.6. The fresh water will be running out very soon.7. People will be using lots of recycled materials, such as old paper and old shoes.8. Remember, though, you can't always rely on luck.9. The imperative to pursue alternative energy sources is clearly established by two simple facts.10. Solar and wind power seem certain to provide us with plenty of things about city life.11. In the future we shall be finding out more types of energy.12. A teacher at a university asked me to think how to run a city of 50,000 people in the year 2025.13. A new way has been found to get rid of the garbage from city life.14. The wastes from the earth will be sent towards the sun.15. Arresting criminals by firing nets instead of guns is possible now.16.
He can't forget smoking.17.
No cars will be allowed within a future city's limits.18.
Outside cities shopping will be done online.19.
We shall have voice commands to place orders in 2007.20.
For many Iraqis, the reality of life under occupation is nothing but democracy being strangled at birth by the midwives.21.
New forms of recreation will be provided free of charge.22.
The future car will be powered by electricity.23.
Everything will be done at the flick of a switch.24.
Distance surgery will become common to all.25.
Carrying out operations is impossible here.26.
Each city will have its own telesurgery outpatient clinic.27.
Senior citizens and people with disabilities will be going anywhere by flying car.28.
It's very attached to him so it perches on his shoulder and behaves itself when he's around.29. Space travel or travel in space will be so cheap that everyone can afford it.30.
China will have her own spaceport in 2008.2. Read to list ideas for a city of 50,000 people in the year 2025List ideas for a city of 50,000 people in the year 2025.1. The city will load huge spaceships with waste materials and send them towards the sun.2. Nets Police will arrest criminals by firing nets instead of guns.3. No smoking will be allowed within a future city's limits.4. In the future all shopping will be done online.5. Everyone will be given a telephone number at birth that will never change no matter where they live.6. All forms of recreation, such as cinemas, bowling, softball, concerts and others, will be provided free of charge by the city.7. All cars will be powered by electricity, solar energy or wind.8. Distance surgery will become common.9. Senior citizens and people with disabilities will be able to go anywhere in the world.10. Traveling in space by ordinary citizens will be common.Module 1 Life in the FuturePeriod 2 FUNCTION--Talking about the future■Goals● To learn to talk about the future■ProceduresStep 1: Making predictions about life in the future21st Century -- World peace is attained and lasts 3000 years. Hunger, greed, and prejudice are reduced.22nd Century -- Solar power is part of daily life. The average life span is 90 years.23rd Century -- Transportation is noiseless and efficient. Nuclear power is used extensively. Sophisticated computers and video equipment are household appliances. Average life span is 110 years.24th Century -- Humankind reexperiences earlier mistakes. International political problems recur. A small-scale nuclear war reduces human population.25th Century -- Humans control the weather. Androids perform all menial tasks. A major nuclear war occurs that decimates most of humanity.Step 2: Talking about the futureA: What will the city of the future look like?B: I don't know. Actually no one knows for sure what the city of the future will look like.A: Could you make predictions as to what the future city will look like?B: No, I couldn't.A: Why not?B: Making predictions is a risky business.A: Is there anything certain about the future?B: Yes, one thing is certain-the cities of the future are going to get bigger before they get smaller.A: That is strange.B: In the future, care for the environment will become very important.A: Why?B: Because earth's natural resources will be running out.A: And what will we be using?B: People will be using lots of recycled materials, such as plastic, aluminum, steel, glass, wood and paper.A: I think we will be wasting fewer natural resources, too.B: You are right.A: What about the alternative energy?B: We will also have to rely more on alternative energy, such as solar and wind power.A: All this seems certain, but there are plenty of things about city life in the future which are not certain. Anyway thank you very much!T: To find out what you think about the future of urban life, I am going to ask you a question: How would people run a city of 50,000 people in the year 2025?S 1: I have some ideas about that.S 2: So do I. There will be garbage ships in use.T: What are they?S 2: To get rid of garbage problems, the city will load huge spaceships with waste materials and send them towards the sun, preventing landfill and environmental problems.S 1: I think there will be a different police force then. The Batman Nets Police will come into being. They will arrest criminals by firing nets instead of guns.T: A wonderful idea!S 3: I think the health problem is worth considering. In those days no smoking will be allowed within a future city's limits.S 4: I agree. My father is a heavy smoker. I imagine smoking will be possible only outside cities, and outdoors.S 5: The malls will be forgotten.T: What do you mean?S 5: In the future all shopping will be done online, and catalogues will have voice commands to place orders.T: What about the future telephone service?S 6: I guess everyone will be given a telephone number at birth that will never change no matter where they live.S 1: Do you think it is good for one to have a life long telephone number?S 6: Yes, I do. A life long telephone number makes it easy for people to call up each other.S 3: I'd like to add some imaginations to my answer just now. I think recreation will take varieties of forms. I mean all forms of recreation will be there in the year 2025.S 2: Would you give us some examples?S 3: Yes, I would. Such forms of recreation as cinemas, bowling, softball, concerts and others, will be popular, and will be provided free of charge by the city.S 7: My focus is car. I think cars will be powered by electricity, solar energy or wind.S 5: I like driving cars. I guess it will be possible to change the color of cars at the flick of a switch.S 8: I am going to be a doctor after college. In my opinion telesurgery or distance surgery will become common by 2025.S 7: You mean doctors carry out operations from thousands of miles away.S 8: Yes, I do. And each city will have its own telesurgery outpatient clinic.S 2: Holidays at home will be a reality.S 4: Yes, it is quite possible. And senior citizens and people with disabilities will be able to go anywhere in the world using high-tech cameras attached to their head.T: Time is almost up. I'd like to offer my prediction. I think traveling in space by ordinary citizens will be common. Each city will have its own spaceport.Ss: Then we have to live long enough to see and enjoy all these future lives.Module 1 Life in the FuturePeriod 3 Grammar--The future continuous■Goals●To learn to use the future continuous■ProceduresStep 1: Learning about Future ContinuousFuture continuous tense describes an ongoing or continuous action that will take place in the future.
This tense is formed by using will be or shall be with the verb form ending in ing (i.e. a present participle) or subject + shall/will be + present participle (i.e. the -ing form of the verb)e.g. China will be completing work on the Three Gorges Damn by the year 2010.When your plane arrives tonight, I will be waiting for you.Note: No Future in Time ClausesLike all future forms, the Future Continuous cannot be used in clauses beginning with "when", "while", "before", "after", "by the time", "as soon as", "if" and "unless". In this lesson, all verbs in Time Clauses are italicized.e.g. While I am finishing my homework, she is going to make dinner. CorrectWhile I will be finishing my homework, she is going to make dinner. Not CorrectStep 2: Making sentences with Future ContinuousI will be watching TV when she arrives tonight.I will be waiting for you when your bus arrives.While I am working, Steve will make dinner. (NOTICE "am working" because of "while.")I am going to be staying at the Madison Hotel, if anything happens and you need to contact me.He will be studying at the library tonight, so he will not see Jennifer when she arrives.NOTE: No future tenses can be used in Time Clauses therefore you must say "While I am working... ." See the warning at the top of the page.Tonight at 6 p.m., I am going to be eating dinner.At midnight tonight, we will still be driving through the desert.Tonight at 6 p.m., I am going to eat dinner.I am going to start eating at 6 p.m.Tonight at 6 p.m., I am going to be eating dinner.I am going to start earlier and I will be in the process of eating dinner at 6 p.m. .I am going to be studying while he is making dinner.While Ellen is reading, Tim will be watching television.Tonight, they will be eating dinner, discussing their plans, and having a good time.When I arrive at the party everybody is going to be celebrating. Some will be dancing. Others are going to be talking. A few people will be eating pizza and several people are going to be drinking beer. They always do the same thing.Li Hong will be being at my house when you arrive. Not CorrectLi Hong will be at my house when you arrive. CorrectStep 4: Absorb information concerning National College Entrance Examination1. Let' s keep to the point or we _______ any decisions.A. will never reach
B. have never reached
C. never reach
D. never reached2.-What's that terrible noise?-The neighbors _______ for a party.A. have prepared
B. are preparing
C. prepare
D. will prepare3.-You've left the light on.-Oh, so I have. ____and turn it off.A. I'll go
B. I've gone
D. I'm going4. ---____ leave at the end of this month.---I don't think you should do that until ____ another job.A. I' you'd found
B. I' you've foundC. I' you'll find
D. I' you'd find5. ---Your job ___ open for your return.---Thanks.A. will be kept
B. will keep
C. had kept
D. had been kept6. ---Mr. Gordon asked me to remind you of the meeting this afternoon. Don't you forget it!---OK, I ____.A. won't
D. do7. Look at the timetable. Hurry up! Flight 4026 ____ off at 18:20.A. takes
C. will be taken
D. has taken8. Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seat belts. The plane ____.A. takes off
B. is taking off
C. has taken off
D. took offKeys:1-5 ABABA
6-8 AABModule 1 Life in the FuturePeriod 4 Writing--Writing about your future■Goals● To learn to write about what you will be doing in ten years■ProceduresStep 1: Reading to be preparedFirst we shall go to page 8 to read about the four people.While reading try to copy all the useful expressions to be used in your own writing.From ThomasIn ten years from now, do a job, definitely tell... that..., celebrate...with..., too...to..., enjoy one's life, worry about..From EmmaTravel around the world, live different, go to any country, find a jobFrom KenStudy medicine, finish school, a lot of hard work, in ten years, work in a hospital, as a doctor with my own surgeon, save lives, a useful and interesting careerFrom MarySure about..., go to university, get married, some time in the next ten years, have a family, have a job, work as..., develop alternative energyStep 2: Writing about what you will be doing in ten yearsZhao YannanI am quite sure about my future. I know that I will be studying at a very good university in Japan. I won't be married in ten years. Going to university is the most important thing for me to do. I will get married some time in the next fifteen years. I don't want to have a family too soon. I'd like to have a job first and enjoy my freedom being alone.I will be working as a futurist after graduation. I want to develop alternative ways of life for the future people.Li XiaoheI like to study international laws after I finish my high school. I know that to be an international lawyer means a lot of hard work. But in ten years working as an international lawyer will be a very good job. It will be better than working in a hospital as a doctor.
With your own surgeon you save lives in your neighborhood. But working as an international lawyer you are able to save a country from being involved into a terrible war. It will be a useful and interesting career!Zhao YuanmingI think I will be traveling around the world in ten years from now.
I like to see people who are living different from us in China. I will be working as a travel guide so that I can go to any country I like to. I will study hard to find such a job.Wang LiIn ten years from now I will do a good-paying job. I don't know what it will be at present. But I can definitely tell you that it will get me lots of money. Being rich I can travel to any places, including the moon. I will than celebrate my wedding with my parents on the moon! Now I am too busy to think of my future ten years from now. I have to do my schoolwork and my homework. I have no time to enjoy my life now. I work hard so that I will have nothing to worry about ten years in the future.Module 1 Life in the FuturePeriod 5 CULTURAL CORNER--Famous Last Words■Goals● To read last words■ProceduresStep 1: Before you readPlease go over the word list for this module, paying attention to the pronunciation of the word, the relationship between its pronunciation and its spelling.Step 2: While you readCut/ the sentences into thought groups, blacken the predicates, underline the useful expressions and darken the connectives.Step 3: After you readCopy all the useful expressions into your Expression Book. You may make sentences with these expressions.Useful expressions from Famous Last Wordscome true, a few of the bad predictions, make predictions, in the twentieth century, flying machine, fly from New York to Pairs, a world market for..., thirty years from now, wear clothes made of paper, throw away, with the first moon colonies predicted for the 1970's, in progress, require...to stay in ..., on the moon, on the way out, by the year 2000, have a robot, be shaped like a box, with one large eye in the top, with several arms and hands, and long narrow pads on the side, move about,
by the mid-1980's, hide a key under the doormatStep 4: Talking about last wordsYou are going to put the article into a dialogue in pairs. The following can be an e.g. for you.A: Not all predictions come true.B: You are correct. Many of them are wrong and some are very wrong.A: I found in a book a few of the bad predictions.B: When were then made? What time were they made for?A: They were made in the twentieth century about the twenty-first century.C: I'd like to hear about some of the wrong predictions.A: Orville Wright predicted in1908 that no flying machine would ever fly from New York to Pairs in the twenty-first century.D: And Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, predicted in1943 that he thought there would be a world market for maybe five computers.C: What? We all have our own computers now!E: Changing Times Magazine, in 1957 reported that thirty years from then people would be wearing clothes made of paper which they would be able to throw away after wearing them two or three times.A: That is true. My have seen such clothes on sale in the malls now.E: In the Changes to Come, in 1962 Arnold B. Barach imagined that with the first moon colonies predicted for the 1970's, work would then in progress on the types of building required for men to stay in when they would be on the moon.B: It is a pity we have no permanent citizens on the moon. I'd like to go to the moon some day.A: The spokesman for Decca Recording Co. , while rejecting the Beatles in 1962, said that "We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out."E: It's funny to say that. We still like guitar music now.B: I remember it was reported in New York Times, in 1966 that "By the year 2000, housewives will probably have a robot shaped like a box with one large eye in the top, several arms and hands, and long narrow pads on the side for moving about."D: But I read in the newspaper that Japan has turned out a house sitter robot. It is on sale now in many countries. This robot sitter can do many kinds of housework.A: Computer scientist Christopher Evans in his article The Micro Millennium, said in 1979 that by the mid-1980's no one would ever need to hide a key under the doormat again, because there wouldn't any keys.C: I hope his prediction will come true very soon. I forget to take the keys quite often.Module 1 Life in the FuturePeriod 6 TASK--Describing your ideal house for the future■Goals● To learn to describe things■ProceduresStep 1: Surfing the Internet for related informationProperty summaryBeautiful house in a much sought after village.Ground floor: entry hall, fitted kitchen with dining area, triple sitting room with fireplace, bedrooms, office, bathroom, toilet.First floor: 3 bedrooms, games room, bathroom with toilet, landing.Lovely, 470 m2 garden.Main characteristics138 m2 of habitable surface (1485 sqFt)470 m2 of land (5059 sqFt)5 bedrooms2 bathroomsterracebuilt in 1988good structural conditiongood inside conditionPrice292,600≈ £ 201,133LocationThis property is located in Cholin, in Yuhong, in the Sha La France region.20 mn from a train station20 mn from the motorwayStep 2: Describing your ideal house for the futureMy Ideal Houseby PamelaEveryone has the house of their dreams because many people don't have money to buy it. It is only a dream. My ideal house has two levels. The first level has a beautiful living room. It has a big white rug. The wall is white and has paintings and family pictures. It has a comfortable, beautiful, and white living room. My ideal kitchen has a silver and beautiful refrigerator and stove. The dining room has a big, comfortable, and white table. The walls are white and have a big painting of the last dinner of Jesus. It has two bathrooms. One is in the first level, and the other is on the second floor. One bat room has a big Jacuzzi. The second floor has 4 bedrooms. The principal bedroom is much bigger than the other ones. It has a big terrace with a very beautiful view with a beautiful beach. It has crystalline water with soft sand. The TV room is like a theater. It has comfortable and big sofas. It has a big TV like a theater. The outside of the house is big and white. The yard has a pool and a big garden with flowers and grass. The garage has space for three BMW and one Audi. This is my ideal house. I would like to have more things, but I don't know how to say.MY IDEAL HOUSEBy GIULIA AMPOLLINIMy ideal house is in New York at the top floor of the tallest skyscraper. It has glass walls so I can always see the landscape and the sea. In the hall there are 5 housemaids and a swimming pool with a little boat. In front of the hall there are the kitchen and the dining -room. In the dining -room there are a table under a tree and an aquarium under the table. In the sitting-room there are 4 sofas, a television, a hammock and a small meadow with flowers. In my bedroom there are a golden bed, a television, a computer, a telephone, a sofa, three wardrobes and photoelectric cells to turn on the light. In front of my bedroom there is my bathroom with a big Yacuzzi. On the balcony there are the helicopter and a volleyball court. There are a library, a dance -hall and a dark room.Module 1 Life in the Future 知识点剖析单词·巧记·典句·考点alternative [lЗ:ntIv]
adj. 替换的;供选择的n .
可能性【巧记提示】 alter(改变)+native(本土的),改变本土的。【经典例句】 The alternative means of getting there is by ship.另一种到达那儿的方法就是乘船。【考点聚焦】 1)近义词:choice n.选择2)常用词组:have no alternative/choice but to do sth.除了做......之外别无选择prediction [prIdIKn]n. 预言;预告 n.预测【巧记提示】pre(事先)+dict(命令)+ion(名词后缀)【经典例句】He likes making predictions.他喜欢预测。【考点聚焦】1)同根词:predict
预测;predictor
n. 进行预测或预报的人2)同义词:forecast
n.预测3)常用词组:make a prediction或 make predictions 作预测risky [rIskI]
adj.危险的;冒险的【巧记提示】risk(冒险)+y(形容词后缀)【经典例句】Sailing across the Atlantic alone is a risky thing.独自一人航行穿越大西洋是一件冒险的事。【考点聚焦】1)同义词:dangerous
危险的2)risk作动词时,后接名词或动名词,但不能接动词不定式。3)常用词组:at one's own risk自担风险(同意不要求赔偿损失、损害等)at the risk of(doing sth.) 冒(做某事)的危险resource [rIˊss]
n. 资源【巧记提示】re-(再;又)+source(来源;出处)【经典例句】China is rich in natural resources.中国自然资源丰富。【考点聚焦】1)易混词:source n.来源;出处2)通常用其复数形式resources。Load [Ι
vt. 装;装载【巧记提示】load(装)→loaf(面包),装载面包。【经典例句】They are loading the trucks with bricks.他们正在往卡车上装砖。【考点聚焦】1)反义词:unload v.卸货;摆脱......之负担2)常用词组:load sth.into/onto...或load...with sth.把......装到......里面arrest [ˊrest]vt. 逮捕,拘留;阻止【巧记提示】ar+rest(休息)【经典例句】After the match three youths were arrested.比赛过后有三个青年被逮捕。【考点聚焦】1)近义词:seize
v.逮住2)请注意arrest,catch,seize和capture的区别:arrest由于犯法而被警察逮住;catch一般表示经过追赶之后的"抓住",也表示感染疾病的意思;seize突然使用强大的力量抓住或者夺取某人、事或权力;capture经过战斗而抓住或占领某事物或某人。fire [faI]v. 开火;点燃;解雇 n.火;火灾【巧记提示】fire(点燃;火)→fine(美好的),点燃美好的。【经典例句】He fired several shots at the target.他向目标射出了几发子弹。【考点聚焦】1)fire当"解雇"之意时反义词为hire(雇用)。2)fire泛指火时,是不可数名词。3)fire指火灾或为某种目的(如取暖、烧饭)而生的火时,是可数名词。limit [ˊΙImIt]n.&v. 限度;限制;范围【巧记提示】lime(石灰) 去e+it(它),用石灰糊住它→限制。【经典例句】As we grow older,we learn the limits of our abilities.随着我们长大,我们了解了我们能力的限度。【考点聚焦】1)同根词:limited adj.有限的;少的;limitation n.限制,局限性2)limit作名词"......的限度"解时,作动词"限制......在某种程度"解时与介词to连用。3)limit和limitation的区别:limit 可指有形的或者无形的(如时间、智力、权利方面)限制;limitation 着重强调"能力的缺陷和局限性"。outdoors [atˊdz]adv. 在户外;在野外;在露天【巧记提示】out(外面的)+doors(所有的门)【经典例句】In hot countries you can sleep outdoors.在天气热的国家,可以在露天睡觉。【考点聚焦】1) 同根词:outdoor adj.户外的;露天的;反义词:indoors
adv. 在户内2)outdoors与indoors都是副词,不能作定语;outdoor与 indoor都是形容词,只能作定语。charge [tad]n. 价钱;费用 vt.索价;指控【巧记提示】charge(费用)→change(找回的零钱),用找回的零钱作费用。【经典例句】Your order will be delivered free of charge within a tenmile limit.在10英里范围内,你的订货将免费送上门。【考点聚焦】1)free of charge(=at no cost)免费2)in charge of 负责,掌管;in the charge of 在......掌管下;由......负责3)charge(sb.)for sth./doing sth.因为某事(做某事)(向某人)索价......imagine [IˊmdIn]vt. 想像;设想;料想【巧记提示】imagine(想像)→image(形象),想像的形象。【经典例句】I was quite surprised when I first saw the general manager.I had imagined him to be a very handsome man.我第一次看到总经理时非常吃惊,我本来想像他是一个很英俊的人。【考点聚焦】1)同根词:imagination
n. 想像;想像力;imaginary adj.想像中的,虚构的2)常用搭配:imagine+that clause;imagine doing sth./sb.doing sth./sb.'s doing sth.develop [dIˊvelp] vi.&vt. 开发;发展;培养;研制;冲洗【巧记提示】develop(研制)→envelope(信封,封套),封套的研制。【经典例句】China is developing very rapidly.中国正在迅速发展。【考点聚焦】1)同根词:development
n. 发展;developing
adj.发展中的;developed adj. 发达的;先进的2)辨析developing与developed的含义:developing用作定语或表语,但所表示的意思是"发展中的";developed也可用作定语或表语,但表示的是"发达的;成熟的"。3)develop有"开发;研制;冲洗"之意。短语·巧记·典句·考点look like 看起来像【巧记提示】look(看)+like(像),看着像。【经典例句】The building looks like a school.那所建筑看起来像个学校。【考点聚焦】 1)look like 和be like 都可以指人或事物的外部形象,但be like 还可以指性质、性格、特点等。2)look as if"看起来像......",后接从句,如:It looks as if it is going to be a fine day.看起来是个好天气。3)look可以作为连系动词,意为"看起来;像是",侧重指外表给人的印象,其特殊疑问句用how引导;look like侧重的是"像某人/某物的样子;外表像......",其特殊疑问句用what引导。in the future 在将来【巧记提示】in(在......之内)+the future(未来;将来)【经典例句】Who knows what will happen in the future?谁知道将来会发生什么事?【考点聚焦】1)in future(=from now on)在今后;从今以后2)作"前程;前景"讲时,可与a连用。for sure确定地【巧记提示】for(为了)+sure(有把握),为了有把握就加以确定。【经典例句】I think he lives there but I couldn't say for sure.我想他是住在那里的,但我不敢确定。【考点聚焦】1)同义短语:without doubt 无疑地2)其他与sure相关的用法:be sure of/about对......有把握be sure to do sth.务必做某事;肯定做某事use up 用完;耗尽【巧记提示】use(用)+up(向上),用了个底朝天,耗尽。【经典例句】I have used up all the glue.我把胶水全用完了。【考点聚焦】1)由up构成的短语:eat up吃光;吃饱 finish up 终结;结束2)use up短语中的up是副词,宾语如果是代词需置于use与up之间。run out 被用完【巧记提示】run(使流)+out(出去),流淌出去了,完了。【经典例句】Our time is running out.我们剩下的时间不多了。【考点聚焦】1)同义短语:use up2)请注意run out 和run out of的区别:run out意思是"被用完;变得缺乏;耗完供应",是不及物动词短语,不能接
宾语。run out of意思是"用完;用尽",是及物动词短语,需要接宾语。rely on/upon指望或依赖某人【巧记提示】rely(依赖)+on/upon(上面),赖在某人身上。【经典例句】Nowadays we rely increasingly on computers for help/to help us.现今人们越来越依赖计算机协助工作。【考点聚焦】1)同义短语:depend on 依赖2)rely on 后可接宾语从句,经常用it作形式宾语,把宾语从句后置。3)rely on/upon 后可接动名词复合结构place orders 订购【巧记提示】place(放置)+order(订单),下放订单订购。【经典例句】n the future we can place orders through Internet.将来,我们可以通过网络订购货物。【考点聚焦】1)place an order for sth.with sb.与......订购......2)order
v.&n.命令;订购3)order作名词讲,表示"订购;订单",与for sth./with sb.连用。no matter where无论(在)哪里【巧记提示】no matter(无论)+where(哪里)【经典例句】No matter where you go,you should let your parents know.无论你去什么地方,你都应该让你父母知道。【考点聚焦】1)wherever(=no matter where)无论(在)哪里2)"no matter+特殊疑问词"只能用来引导状语从句;"特殊疑问词+ever"既可以引导状语从句,也可以引导名词性从句。比较下列句子:We will punish him,no matter who breaks the law.无论谁犯法,我们都将惩罚他。(状语从句,no matter who可以换成whoever)We will punish whoever breaks the law.我们将惩罚任何违法的人。(名词性从句,只能用whoever)I don't believe him,no matter what he says.无论他说什么,我都不相信他。(状语从句,no matter what可以换成whatever)I don't believe whatever he says.我不相信他说的任何话。(名词性从句,只能用whatever)carry out实行;进行;执行【巧记提示】carry(传送)+out(出去),传送出去以便执行。【经典例句】We should carry out that plan.我们应该执行那个计划。【考点聚焦】1)carry out短语中out是副词,宾语若是代词,代词放在carry与out中间;宾语若是名词,可放在其后或中间。2)固定搭配:carry out a promise/an order/a task/an intention履行诺言/执行命令/执行任务/实施意图be busy doing sth./be busy with sth.忙于做某事【巧记提示】be(在)+busy(忙着)+doing(做事)【经典例句】What is he busy with now?他现在正在忙什么?【考点聚焦】1) be busy不能接to do sth.2)注意be busy doing sth.与be busy with sth.在特殊疑问句中的回答:比较下面两组句子:-What is he busy with these days?-Preparations for the coming exam.-What is he busy doing these days?-Preparing for the coming exam.some time 一段时间【巧记提示】some(一些)+time(时间)【经典例句】He will stay here for some time.他将在这儿待一段时间。【考点聚焦】请注意sometime,some times,sometimes的区别:sometime意为"(过去或将来)某个时候";sometimes意为"有时";some times意为"几次;几倍"。look out 当心;小心;往外看【巧记提示】look(看)+out(外面),看外面,小心!【经典例句】Look out!There is danger ahead.当心!前方有危险。【考点聚焦】1)同义短语:watch out 小心2)当表示"当心;警惕或留心"时,look out与watch out后接介词for。3)look out还有"往外看"之意。not all并非所有【巧记提示】not(并非)+all(全部)【经典例句】Not all students like going there.并非所有的学生喜欢去那儿。【考点聚焦】1)not all/every/both=all/every/both not"不是全部,不是每个都,不是两者都",注意两种结构都是部分否定,而非完全否定。如:All is not gold that glitters.=Not all that glitters is gold.发光的并不都是金子。I don't know both of them.=I know not both of them.他们俩我不都认识。Everybody wouldn't like it.=Not everybody would like it.并不是每个人都会喜欢它。2)表示完全否定用no one,nothing,neither或 none。on the way out 即将不流行或不被喜爱;即将灭亡;正在离开【巧记提示】on(正在)+the way(途中)+out(出来),在出来的途中,表正在离开。【经典例句】That kind of bike is on the way out.那种自行车即将不流行了。【考点聚焦】与way有关的短语:on the/one's way 在去......的路上;in the/one's way 挡着路lose one's way 迷路;by the way 顺便说by way of
路经;途经;get out of the way不怕麻烦地out of the way不挡道;in a way在某种程度上句子·剖析·拓展Where do you think it is?你认为它在什么地方?【剖析】1)此句中的do you think用于特殊疑问句作插入语。2)I think/believe/suppose/guess/imagine经常在句子中作插入语;在疑问句中用do you think/believe/suppose/guess/imagine。如:I advise you to turn to him,who I think is very helpful.我建议你向他求助,我认为会有帮助。【拓展】do you think/believe/suppose/guess/imagine用于特殊疑问句中作插入语时,其后使用陈述语序。But one thing is certain-they are going to get bigger before they get smaller.但有一件事情是确定的--他们在变小之前会变大。【剖析】本句中they are going to...是one thing 的同位语,对其进行补充说明。【拓展】before在不同的语言环境下有不同的用法和译法。可译为"......才"可译为"还没来得及就......"可译为"趁......,以免......"To get rid of garbage problem,the city will load huge spaceships with waste materials and send them towards the sun,preventing landfill and environmental problems.为解决垃圾问题,一些城市将把废料装到大型宇宙飞船上并把它们向太阳发射,(依此)来防止垃圾填埋和环境问题。【剖析】1)此句中的to get rid of garbage problem作目的状语。动词不定式作目的状语,必须与句子主语构成逻辑上的主谓关系。在此句中句子主语the city作动作get rid of garbage problem动作的执行者。2)preventing landfill and environmental problems是现在分词短语作状语。【拓展】prevent作及物动词,表示"预防、阻止、防止",常用于以下搭配:1)后面接名词或代词。2)后面接形容词性的物主代词+doing。3)后面接物主代词(宾格)+doing,多用于口语中。Distance surgery will become common as doctors carry out operations from thousands of miles away,with each city having its own telesurgery outpatient clinic.医生在几千英里以外为病人动手术的远程治疗成为常事,因为每个城市都有自己的远程诊所,远程手术将会变得十分普通。【剖析】1)本句中as引导的是一个原因状语从句。2)with each city having its own telesurgery outpatient clinic是复合结构,作状语。3)have sth.in common(with sb./sth.)(与......)有共同的利益、特点【拓展】with复合结构经常在句子中作状语,其构成形式有以下几种:1)with+n.+doing(doing表示名词发生的动作,此名词为动作的执行者。) 如:In parts of Asia you must not sit with your feet pointing at another person.在亚洲的一些地方,你不能坐着的时候脚指向别人。2)with+n.+done(done和with后面的名词是动宾关系,宾语是动作的承受者。)如:The students are listening to the teacher with their eyes fixed on the blackboard.学生们在听着老师讲课,注意力集中于黑板。3)with+n.+to do(动词不定式表示目的或者将发生的事。)如:With all these mouths to feed,he didn't know what to do.由于有这么多人要养活,他不知道怎么做。Senior citizens and people with disabilities will be able to go anywhere in the world using high tech cameras attached to their head.通过系在头上的高科技照相机,行动不便的老年人和身体有残疾的人就能周游世界。【剖析】1)using hightech cameras attached to their head是现在分词在句中作方式状语。现在分词在句中可以作方式状语,但必须与句子主语构成主谓关系。2)attached to their head是过去分词短语作名词hightech cameras的后置定语。【拓展】单个过去分词作定语时,通常置于被修饰的名词前。过去分词短语作定语时,通常置于被修饰的名词之后。如:The book written by him is very interesting.他写的书非常有趣。语法·剖析将来进行时形式shall/will+be+现在分词意义表示将来某一时间内正在进行的动作、预料要发生的或即将发生的动作。用法例句1)表示将来某一时刻或某段时间内发生的动作,常与特定的将来时间状语连用。I'll be doing my homework at 9 o'clock tonight.今晚9点钟我会在做作业。2)表示已经决定或安排好的要发生的动作或事情。You needn't cook supper,Mum.I shall be cooking dinner tonight.妈妈,不用做晚饭了。今晚的饭我来做。3)表示亲切和客气的语气。I shall be thinking of you.我会想你的。4)表示人们确信某事肯定会发生。When I arrive at the airport,my whole family will be waiting for me.全家人都会来机场迎接我。5)表示预测或希望某事会发生。When I get home,my wife will probably be watching TV.到家时,我太太大概在看电视。6)用于询问别人的安排,特别是当你想得到别人帮助的时候。Will you be passing the post office when you're out?你出去的时候会不会经过邮局?一般将来时、将来进行时和现在进行时的用法比较时态形式用法例句一般将来时be going to表示"决定、打算要做什么事,或有迹象表明将要发生、可能会出现什么情况",有时可以表示建议或询问。I am going to buy a new coat this winter.今年冬天我打算买一件新大衣。will表示说话人认为、希望或假定要发生的事,不含任何具体时间,可指遥远的未来。I believe China will become one of the richest countries in the world.我相信中国将成为世界上最富强的国家之一。be to do表示计划、安排或征求意见。The highway is to be opened next week.这条高速公路下个星期要开放。be about to do表示即将发生的动作,句中不用表示将来时间的状语。The talk is about to begin.谈话即将开始。续表时态形式用法例句将来进行时be doing某些动词的现在进行时可以表示按计划或安排将要发生的事。常用的有play,eat,work,return,take,meet,move,sleep,have,do,stay,arrive,leave,start,come等。I'm meeting Jack at the station at four o'clock tomorrow afternoon.明天下午四点我将到车站接杰克。现在进行时Will be doing代替一般将来时,表示已经决定或肯定发生的动作或情况。The leader will be giving a speech on present situation.这位领导者将就目前的形式作演讲。询问别人的计划或打算,比用一般将来时更礼貌。Will you be having supper with us this evening?今天晚上你将和我们一起吃饭吗?表示某种可能或推测,有"我料想,我估计"的含义。The roses will be coming out soon.玫瑰花不久就要开了。Module 1 Life in the Future 知识总结People have predicted that in the future people will mostly use electric cars instead of cars powered by petrol.One reason is that people are becoming more and more concerned about pollution from petrol powered cars.Another reason is that natural resources are becoming scarce.Now,electric bikes have become a common sight in the streets of some cities.But,it is reported that in some cities,electric bikes are forbidden to go on the streets.Some specialists say that electric bikes are a great danger because they often go on the lanes(车道) intended for motor vehicles(机动车)but they go not fast enough.If they go on the lanes intended for bikes,they go too fast.But some people say that the city government shouldn't do like that.They say that by going on electric bikes instead of cars they can save a lot of petrol and also they are protecting the environment in this way.What do you think about forbidding electric bikes to go on the streets?Some riders:electric bikes shouldn't be forbidden because we can save natural resources and protect the environment by using them.Some specialists:electric bikes should be forbidden because they can't go fast enough on the lanes compared with motor cars and can go too fast compared with bikes,it is dangerous.Some handicappeds:electric bikes shouldn't be forbidden because we can't ride bicycles,they help us in our journey.Myview:____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.                                                                            On the wedding ceremony,the bride and bridegroom were so busy that they didn't have enough time to talk with me.I felt a bit sad.Even worse,the rest seven guests at my table all kept silent and nobody once stood up to propose a toast.That wedding was really a drag for me,I thought.After the meal,I went back home.As soon as I got home,I heard my phone ringing.It was the bridegroom.He said he was so sorry the he didn't drink with me.I said it didn't matter,but he insisted that he would treat me sometime in the future.Of course,I was glad to hear that and said,"OK,when you have time,just give me a ring."Here are three situations:S1.Nowadays,a lot of people have their mobile phones.So when they meet,they exchange their phone numbers.And when they leave,what do they usually say to each other?S2.You were so glad to attend a party,but finally you found people there were not hospitable.Then how would you think of the party?S3.We have many ways to communicate with others like surface letters,Emails.What other ways do we have?【任务导入】 Suppose you are the host and you have too many guests to treat,how can you make all the guests feel that they are not neglected(忽视)?If you find you neglect your guests,what will you do?Make up a play with your classmates and try to find the best way to solve the problem.______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.【话题链接】Perhaps you have heard a lot about the Internet,but what is it?The Internet is a network.When you're joined to the Internet,there are lots of things you can do.You can send e-mails to your friends without any money,and they can get them in a few seconds without any money.You can also do with all kinds of information(信息)on the World Wide Web(www).There are many different kinds of computers now.They all can be joined to the Internet.Most of them are small machines(机器)sitting on people's desks at home,but there are still many others in school offices or large companies(公司).There are lots of places for you to go into the Internet.For example,your school may have the internet.You can use it during lessons or free time.Libraries often have computers joined to the Internet.You are welcome to use it at that place.
Thanks to the Internet,the world is becoming smaller and smaller.It is possible for you to work at home with a computer in front,getting and sending the information you need.You can buy or sell whatever(任何)you want by the Internet.But do you know 98% of the information of the Internet is in English?So what will English be like tomorrow?【想一想】 The internet is very useful,we should make use of it as much as possible.Which parts of the knowledge are you interested in?In order to learn more from the Internet,what should we do?______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Module 1 Life in the FuturePart Two Teaching ResourcesSection 1 Background readings1.crimeA crime can be the action of violating or breaking a law. According to Western jurisprudence, there must be a simultaneous concurrence of both guilty action and guilty mind for a crime to except in crimes of strict liability. In order for prosecution, some laws require proof of causality, relating the defendant's actions to the criminal event in question. In addition, some laws require that attendant circumstances have occurred, in order for a crime to have occurred. Also, in order for a crime to be prosecuted, proof of a crime must be established.2. bowlingBowling can refer to two distinctly different types of game. The first is played along an "alley", most commonly made of synthetic material imitating a wood surface. Historically, bowling lan however, most centers around the United States have upgraded to the synthetic playing surfaces. Several sports involve a ball rolling towards a target (in the case of bowling, pins); the players attempt to score points by knocking the targets down.3. softballSoftball is a team sport in which a ball, eleven to twelve inches in circumference, is thrown by a player called a pitcher and hit by an offensive player called a batter with a round, smooth stick called a bat. The ball itself is also called a softball. Scoring is accomplished by the batter running and touching a series of four markers on the ground called bases. Softball is a direct descendant of baseball, but differs from it in several ways.4. spaceportA spaceport is a site for launching spacecraft, by analogy with airport for aircraft. Typically the site is large enough that should a rocket explode it will not endanger human lives or adjacent launch pads.5. colonyIn politics and in history, a colony is a territory under the immediate political control of a geographically-distant state (or city, in ancient times). Some colonies were historically separate countries, while others were territories without definite statehood at the moment of colonization. The metropolitan state is the state that owns the colony. In Ancient Greece, the city that owned a colony was called the metropolis within its political organization. Mother country is the term used to refer to the metropolitan state by its citizens that live in a colony. In some cases colonies are referred to as overseas territories.A colony differs from a puppet state or satellite state in that a colony has no independent international representation and the top-level administration of a colony is under direct control of the metropolitan state.Module 1 Life in the FutureSection 2 The Analysis of the Difficult Sentences1. We will use lots of recycled materials, ...我们将会使用许多再生材料,...句中"recycled"是过去分词做定语。详解请见金色教案第三册Module 1 EUROPE疑难句子解析。2. Nets Police will arrest criminals by firing nets instead of guns. 网络警察将会开网而不是开枪拘捕罪犯。常用介词短语instead of的使用越来越频繁,已经出现了一种新颖的用法,其特点是:它可与其他各种词类或句子搭配,其前后的结构是平等对称的。下面的例句按平行结构来分类:1)从句平行结构: I told him about it as he was at home instead of as he was in the office.我是在他家里而不是在办公室把此事告诉他的。2)形容词平行结构: He felt proud instead of ashamed of it. 他对此感到骄傲而不是惭愧。3)形容词比较级平行结构: When water freezes, it becomes larger in volume instead of smaller. 水冻结时,它体积是变得更大而不是更小。4) 副词平行结构: Production increases quickly instead of slowly. 生产增加很快,而不是很慢。5)介词短语平行结构: At high altitudes the air pressure is low, so that water will boil at temperature below instead of at 100℃.在海拔高的地方气压很低,以致水的沸点低于100℃,而不是100℃。6)带to的不定式平行结构: He proposes to do some work instead of to watch television.他建议办点事而不要看电视。7)不带to的不定式平行结构: A word of encouragement might have made me respect instead of hate him.一句鼓励的话便使我尊敬而不是厌恶他。8)谓语动词平行结构:On freezing water expands instead of contracts.水在结冰时膨胀而不收缩。9)动名词平行结构:She prefers making her own clothes instead of buying them in the shops. 她宁可自己缝制衣服而不愿到服装店去买。10)代词平行结构: Give me the red one instead of the green one. 给我红色的,不要那绿色的。11)名词平行结构: Shall we have fish instead of meat today? 今天我们不吃肉而吃鱼,如何?3. Everyone will be given a telephone number at birth that will never change no matter where they live. 每个人在出生时都会领一个电话号码,无论他们生活在什么地方,这个号码都不会改变。no matter经常和疑问词 what, how, when, where等连用,引导让步状语从句。No matter what the danger is, I'll be with you.Do it no matter what others say.We can solve the problem no matter how complicated it is. 任凭问题多复杂,我们也能弄清楚。When anyone does something for you, no matter how small and no matter whether he is superior or servant, it is proper to say "Thank you". 任何人替你做了一件事,不管事情多么小,也不管他是你的上司还是佣人,你都应该说:"谢谢你。"Every substance in the world, no matter how different it may seem from any other substance, is made partly of electrons.世界上每一种物质不管看起来和其他物质多么不同,都部分地由电子组成。No matter when the danger comes, I'll be with you.No matter who takes up the matter for me, I shall be very grateful.no matter + how, what, when... =however/whatever/whenever...。 no matter......与 who-ever引导的让步状语从句意义基本一 样,no matter......引导的从句可是以位于主句前或主句后。No matter who you are, you must keep the law. (=Whoever you are, you must keep the law.不管你是谁,你都要遵纪守法。Whatever happens / may happen, we shall not lose heart.Whoever comes, he will be welcome.You are free to go wherever you like. 你可以随意到你喜欢的任何地方去。Wherever you go, you must obey the law. 无论你去哪都要遵守法律。  注意:no matter 不能引导主语从句和宾语从句。 (错)No matter what you say is of no use now. (对)Whatever you say is of no use now.    你现在说什么也没用了。(Whatever you say是主语从句) (错)Prisoners have to eat no matter what they're given, (对)Prisoners have to eat whatever they're given. 囚犯们只能给什么吃什么。4. Distance surgery will become common as doctors carry out operations from thousands of miles away, with each city having its own telesurgery outpatient clinic. 当医生在数千英里外对病人进行手术的时候,远距离外科手术将会变的常见。每个城市都有它自己的电子手术外诊部。with each city having its own telesurgery outpatient clinic 是"介词with+名词 + 现在分词"结构,是最常用的一种英语复合结构。解析可参见金色教案第三册Module 2 Developing and Developed Countries疑难句子解析。Module 1 Life in the FutureSection 3 Words and Expressionsconcreteadj.1. made of concrete: a concrete floor2. based on facts, not on ideas or guesses: concrete evidence / proposals / proof'It's only a suspicion,' she said, 'nothing concrete.'It is easier to think in concrete terms rather than in the abstract.alternativen. one of a number of things from which only one can be chosen:There no other alternative.an alternative to coffeeThere must be an alternative to people sleeping on the streets.I'm afraid I have no alternative but to ask you to leave.adj.1. pertaining to unconventional choices:an alternative life stylealternative comedy2. allowing a choice: an alternative planThe opposition parties have so far failed to set out an alternative strategy.An alternative venue for the concert is being sought.resourcen.1. a source of aid or support that may be drawn upon when needed:The local library is a valuable resource.2. the ability to deal resourcefully with unusual problems: a man of resourcerelyv.1. to need or depend on sb./sth.:As babies, we rely entirely on others for food.These days we rely heavily on computers to organize our work.The industry relies on the price of raw materials remaining low.2. to trust or have faith in sb./sth.:You should rely on your own judgment.You can rely on me to keep your secret.He can't be relied on to tell the truth.urbanadj.1. located in or characteristic of a city or city life: urban property owner2. relating to or concerned with a city or densely populated area: urban sociologyloadn.1. an amount of alcohol sufficient to intoxicate:He got a load on and started a brawl.2. a quantity that can be processed or transported at one time:The system broke down under excessive loads.3. an onerous or difficult concern:That's a load off my mind.v.1. fill or place a load on: Load a car.2. provide with munitions: He loaded his gun carefully.3. put sth. on a structure or conveyance: Load the bags onto the trucks.arrestv.1. [often passive] ~ sb. (for sth.) if the police arrest sb., the person is taken to a police station and kept there because the police believe they may be guilty of a crime:A man has been arrested in connection with the robbery.She was arrested for drug-related offences.You could get arrested for doing that.2. (formal) to stop a process or a development:They failed to arrest the company's decline.n. [C, U]1. the act of arresting sb.:The police made several arrests.She was under arrest on suspicion of murder.Opposition leaders were put under house arrest (= not allowed to leave their houses).2. an act of sth. stopping or being interrupted:He died after suffering a cardiac arrest (= when his heart suddenly stopped).firen.1. the act of firing weapons or artillery at an enemy:Hold your fire until you can see the whites of their eyes.2. a fireplace in which a fire is burning:They sat by the fire and talked.3. intense adverse criticism:Clinton directed his fire at the Republican Party.v.1. terminate the employment of:The boss fired his secretary today.2. bake in a kiln so as to harden: Fire pottery.3. cause to go off: Fire a gun.cataloguen. a com usually arranged systematically:It does not pretend to be a catalogue of his achievements.v. make a catalog of:Interviews with the refugees catalogue a history of discrimination and violence.commandn.1. availability for use:The materials at the command of the potters grew.2. the power or authority to command: an admiral in command3. great skillfulness and knowledge of some subject or activity: a good command of Frenchv.1. be in command of: The general commanded a huge army.2. demand as one's due: This speaker commands a high fee.3. exercise authoritative control or power over: Command the military forces.chargen.1. [C, U] ~ (for sth.) the amount of money that sb. asks for goods and services:We have to make a small charge for refreshments.admission chargesDelivery is free of charge.2. [C, U] (NAmE, informal) = charge account, credit account:Would you like to put that on your charge?'Are you paying cash?' 'No, it'll be a charge.'3. [C, U] an official claim made by the police that sb. has committed a crime:criminal charges a murder/ an assault charge,He will be sent back to England to face a charge of (= to be on trial for) armed robbery.They decided to drop the charges against the newspaper and settle out of court.After being questioned by the police, she was released without charge.v.1.charge (sb./sth.) for sth.| charge (sb.) sth. (for sth.) to ask an amount of money for goods or a service: What did they charge for the repairs?The restaurant charged £20 for dinner.We won't charge you for delivery.They're charging £3 for the catalogue.He only charged me half price.Do you think museums should charge for admission?2. charge sth. to sth. to record the cost of sth. as an amount that sb. has to pay:They charge the calls to their credit-card account.Don't worry. I'll charge it (= pay by credit card).3. charge sb. (with sth. / with doing sth.) to accuse sb. formally of a crime so that there can be a trial in court:He was charged with murder.Several people were arrested but nobody was charged.powern. possession of controlling influence:The deterrent power of nuclear weapons.The mysterious presence of an evil power.Danger heightened his powers of discrimination.During his first year in power.v. supply the force or power for the functioning of:The gasoline powers the engines.switchn.
the act of changing one thing or position for another:His switch on abortion cost him the election.v.1. make a shift in or exchange of: Then we switched.2. lay aside, abandon, or leave for another:Switch to a different brand of beer.3. cause to go on or to be engaged or set in operation: Switch on the light.attachv. become attached:The spider's thread attached to the window sill.optimisticadj. expecting the best in this best of all possible worlds: in an optimistic moodpredictv. tell about the future:Nobody could predict the outcome.It is impossible to predict what will happen.She predicted (that) the election result would be close.It was predicted that inflation would continue to fall.The trial is predicted to last for months.shapen. the spatial arrangement of something as distinct from its substance:Geometry is the mathematical science of shape.He could barely make out their shapes through the smoke.v. give a shape or form to: Shape the dough. Shape a figure.经典时文背诵The Dead Can Live AgainIn the future, it will be possible to use virtual reality to bring the dead back to life. People will drag out their old and boring home movies and choose a relative to bring back to life. The visual will be combined with records about that person to create a virtual relative. Then the family can have a chat with that relative, keep it running, and live with it. The experience will be like living with a ghost.People who died long ago will be resurrected ([??????????]使复活; 复兴) so they can take on new roles. In 2030 the great people of the 20th Century will be brought back alive virtually and be presented on television.}

我要回帖

更多关于 高中英语必修2 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信