公共英语等级考试网直接考四行么

英语翻译兄弟姐妹们,帮我把下面那四行翻译过来,我不小气!_百度作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案
英语翻译兄弟姐妹们,帮我把下面那四行翻译过来,我不小气!
英语翻译兄弟姐妹们,帮我把下面那四行翻译过来,我不小气!
这里,I(i,1)和I(f,1)分别是两份没有相位差的干涉图I(i,2)和I(f,2)分别是两份有pi/2相位差的干涉图I(i,3)和I(f,3)分别是两份有pi相位差的干涉图I(i,4)和I(f,4)分别是两份有3pi/2相位差的干涉图
不好意思,字太大了,我远视2013年公共英语(Pets)考试题库公共英语三级单项选择每日一练()
以下试题来自:(2007年模拟试卷,试卷总分:110分,)单项选择:Text 3
It is, everyone agrees, a huge task that the child performs when he learns to speak, and the fact that he does so in so short a period of time challenges explanation.
Language learning begins with listening. Individual chirden very greatly in the amount of listening they do before they start speaking, and late starters are often long listeners. Most children will "obey" spoken instructions some time before they can speak, though the word obey is hardly accurate as a description of the eager and delighted cooperation usually shown by the child. Before they can speak, many children will ask questions by gesture and by making questioning noises.
Any attempt to trace the development from. the noises babies make to their first spoken words leads to considerable difficulties. It is agreed that they enjoy making noises, and that during the first few months one or two noises sort themselves out as particularly indicative of delight, distress, sociability, and so on. But since these cannot be said to show the baby's intention to communicate, they can hardly be regarded as early forms of language. It is agreed, too, that from about three months they play with sounds for enjoyment, and that by
six months they are able to add new sounds to their repertoire(能发出的全部声音). This self-imitation leads on to deliberate (有意识的)imitation of sounds made or words spoken to them by other people. The problem then arises as to the point at which one can say that these imitations can be considered as speech.第1题:From the passage we learn that______.A.early starters can learn to speak within only six monthsB.children show a strong desire to communicate by making noisesC.imitation plays an important role in learning to speakD.children have various difficulties in learning to speak正确答案:C ()答案解析:文章第二段已经说明了孩子在练习说话之前,都经过听的过程,那么听也就是观察,模仿别人,尤其是成年人的语言。再依据整个文章倒数第三、四行This self-imitation leads on to deliberate imitation of sounds made to them by other people.可以得知模仿(从自我,即从无意识模仿到有意识模仿)在练习学习说话过程中起着极为重要的作用。因此,[C]项也是最佳答案。第2题:By"...... challenges explanation" (Para. 1, Line 2)the author means that______.A.no explanation is necessary for such an obvious phenomenonB.no explanation has been made up to nowC.it's no easy job to provide an adequate explanationD.it's high time that an explanation was provided正确答案:D ()答案解析:challenge 通常有三种意思:(1)挑战;(2)要求,需要;(3)对……表示异议,怀疑,质问;依据文章第一段作者的意图,challenge 应是第二种意思;选择项[D]与之吻合。以下试题来自:(2007年模拟试卷,试卷总分:110分,)单选:Text 1 The world has developed into a world of cities. With the current rate of urban growth (3.8% in tile Third World), the major part of the population of the world will be living in cities by the year 2000. This will transform the rural-urban equation which has marked the history of mankind up to now and will call for new examples and a great deal of innovation to face this phenomenon.
This being so, one must accept the fact that for some years to come, no policy will be able to stop or reverse the present migratory trends from the rural areas to the cities in the Third World. In Africa, the urban population will reach 330 million people by the end of the century as against 150 million in 1986.
The number of people living in shanty towns will inevitably increase despite the efforts to improve housing conditions. Africa alone needs to build twelve million housing units between now and the year 2000 to meet its most basic needs. In an ILO study, M. S. V. Sethuraman estimates That in 70 Third World cities the proportion of people living in shanty towns varies from 15% to 70% and that about US $ 116 billion are needed to give minimum comfort to these people by the turn of the century--less than US $ 10 billion per year.
The world population is growing at a rate of about 90 million people per year, with the Third World accounting for 80 million of them. The pressure on cities can only go on increasing. The urban population of the developing countries will exceed two billion people by the year 2000 and since the main factor for the high demographic growth is poverty, the rest population will be mostly made of people of very limited means.第3题:According to the passage" about US $ 116 billion are required to give minimum comfort to these people by the turn of the century--less than US $ 10 billion per year", do you think which year was the article writtenA.1985.B.1990.C.1988.D.1987.正确答案:C ()答案解析:[解析] 由第三段最后一句话可以计算出,现在距下世纪初还有11.6年。第4题:In spite of the efforts to improve housing condition, the number of people living in shanty towns will increase because ______.A.houses in shanty towns are cheapB.shanty towns could provide people with minimum comfortC.no policy will be capable of stopping or changing the present immigrant tendency from the rural areas to the cities in the Third WorldD.the Third World population is growing at a rate of about 80 million people per year正确答案:C ()答案解析:[解析] 由第二段第一句话可知答案。以下试题来自:(2007年模拟试卷,试卷总分:110分,)单项选择:Text 2
Every body gets sick. Disease and injury make us suffer throughout our lives until, finally, some attack on the body brings our existence to an end. Fortunately, most of us in modern industrialized societies can take relatively good health for granted most of the time, In fact, we tend to fully realize the importance of good health only when we or those close to us become seriously ill. At such times we keenly appreciate the ancient truth that health is our most precious asset, one for which we might readily give up such rewards as power, wealth, or fame (荣誉).
Because ill health is a universal problem, affecting both the individual and society, the human response to sickness is always, socially organized. No society leaves the responsibility for maintaining health and treating ill health entirely to the individual. Each society develops its own concepts of health and sickness and authorizes certain people to decide who is sick and how the sick should be treated. Around this focus there arises, over time, a number of standards, values, groups, statuses, and roles: in other words, an institution (体系,机构). To the sociologist (社会学家), then, medicine is the institution concerned with the maintenance of health and treatment of disease.
In the simplest pre-industrial societies, medicine is usually an aspect of religion. The social arrangements for dealing with sickness are very elementary, often involving only two roles: the sick and the healer (治疗者). The latter is typically also the priest (牧师), who relies primarily on religious ceremonies, both to identify and to treat disease: for example, bones may be thrown to establish a cause, songs may be used to bring about a cure. In modern industrialized societies, on the other hand, the institution has become highly complicated and specialized, including dozens of roles such as those of brain surgeon, druggist, hospital administrator, linked with various organizations such as nursing homes, insurance companies, and medical schools. Medicine. in fact, has become the subject of intense sociological interest precisely because it is now one of the most pervasive and costly institutions of. modern society.第5题:Which of the following statements is true according to Paragraph 1A.Nowadays most people believe they can have fairly good health.B.Human life involves a great deal of pain and suffering.C.Most of us are aware of the full value of health.D.Ancient people believed that health was more expensive than anything else.正确答案:B ()答案解析:根据原文Disease and injury make us suffer throughout our lives 可知[B] 为正确。[A]项中fairly (相当地)与原文 relatively(相对地)矛盾。[C]项与原文we tend to fully realize the importance of good health only when we or those close to us become seriously ill (只有在我们自己或与自己亲近的人得了重病的时候我们才充分意识到健康的重要性)相矛盾。 the ancient truth that health is our most precious asset 意为“那条古老的真理:健康是最宝贵的财富”,并不是说古代的人们认为健康比其他东西更花钱,因此[C]错。以下试题来自:(2013年模拟试卷,试卷总分:95分,)单选:As my train was not due to leave for another hour, I had plenty of time to spare. After buying some magazines to read on the journey, I made my way to the luggage office to collect the heavy suitcase. I had left there three days before. There were only a few people waiting, and I took out my wallet to find the receipt for my case. The receipt did not seem to be where I had left it. I emptied the contents of the wallet, and railway tickets, money, scraps of paper, and photograp but no matter how hard I searched, the receipt was nowhere to be found.
When my turn came, I explained the situation sorrowfully to the assistant. The man looked at me suspiciously as if to say that he had heard this type of story many times and asked me to describe the case. I told him that it was an old, brown-looking object not different from the many cases I could see on the shelves. The assistant then gave me a form and told me to make a list of the chief contents of the case. If they were correct, he said, I could take the case away. I tried to remember all the articles I had hurriedly packed and wrote them down as they came to me.
After I had done this, I went to look among the shelves. There were hundreds of cases there and for one dreadful moment, it occurred to me that if someone had picked the receipt up, he could have easily claimed the case already. This had not happened fortunately. For after a time, I found the case lying on its side high up in a corner. After examining the articles inside, the assistant was soon satisfied that it was mine and told me I could take the case away. Again I took out my wallet: this time to pay. I pulled out a ten-shilling note and the “lost”receipt slipped out with it. I could not help blushing and glanced up at the assistant. He was nodding his head knowingly, as if to say that he had often seen this happen before too!第6题:The writer needed the receipt _______.A.to claim his suitcaseB.to pay at the luggage officeC.to prove that he had paid at the luggage officeD.to prove that he had bought the suitcase正确答案:A ()第7题:The writer felt foolish because _______.A.he couldn't really lost his receiptB.he hadn't really lost his receipt at allC.he had to fill in a formD.the assistant was laughing at him正确答案:B ()
(作者:在线考试中心()
编辑:heishuai)
文章热词:
延伸阅读:
公共英语三级最新试卷
公共英语三级热门试卷您所在的位置: >
2015年公共英语三级pets3模拟测试题三
2015年公共英语三级pets3模拟测试题三
  【英语试题网提供:(2015年公共英语三级pets3模拟测试题三)】,是为提高英语水平的学习英语平台,汇集丰富的公共英语等级考试试题、学习方法、考试技巧。为了让考生们了解学习更多的英语试题,以为今年的英语考试取得更好的成绩。试题网()的小编为考生们收集了2015年公共英语三级pets3模拟测试题三,具体内容请各位考生及时查看如下,尽请关注!
  SectionIListening Comprehension
  (25minutes)
  Now lookat question 1.
  1. Whendo you think this conversation took place?
  [A]Before six.
  [B] Atsix.
  [C]After six.
  [D]After seven.
  2. Whydoes the woman like the brick house better than the white house?
  [A] Itis bigger.
  [B] Ithas a prettier color.
  [C] Ithas a larger yard.
  [D] Itis brighter.
  3. Whatis the probable relationship between the two speakers?
  [A]Australian and American.
  [B]Guest and host.
  [C]Husband and wife.
  [D]Professor and student.
  4. Whenwill the meeting be closed?
  [A]1:30.
  [B]11:00.
  [C]9:30.
  [D]10:00.
  5. Whatwill the man probably do?
  [A] Waitfor the sale to start.
  [B] Getfurther information about the sale.
  [C] Callthe TV station to be sure if the ad is true.
  [D] Buya new suit.
  6. Whatdoes the man mean?
  [A] Hethinks she should visit her cousin.
  [B] Hercousin doesn't visit very often.
  [C] Hercousin is feeling a lot better today.
  [D] Hedoesn't think her cousin has been at home today.
  7. Whydoes the woman plan to go to town?
  [A] Topay her bills in the bank.
  [B] Tobuy books in a bookstore.
  [C] Toget some money from the bank.
  [D] Tomeet someone in the town.
  8. Whatdoes the woman suggest Gordon do?
  [A] Heshould start to find a new apartment right now.
  [B] Heshould buy an apartment right away.
  [C] Heshould start to find a new apartment in a few weeks.
  [D] Heshould buy an apartment near the campus.
  9. Whatdoes the man say about Judy?
  [A] He'ssurprised she chose that agency.
  [B] Hewonders why she is still keeping the job.
  [C] Hedoesn't know when her classes started.
  [D] Hedoubts if she makes much money now.
  10. Whatis the woman probably doing now?
  [A]Writing an essay.
  [B]Studyingfor a test.
  [C]Shopping for shoes.
  [D]Reading a magazine.
  Questions 11 ~13 are based on the following dialogue.
  11.Where do you think does the dialogue take place?
  [A] In ashop.
  [B] Athome.
  [C] Inthe street.
  [D] In acar.
  12. Whodo you think Anne and Dick are?
  [A]Their children.
  [B]Their niece and nephew.
  [C]Their friend's children.
  [D]Their neighbor's kids.
  13. Whatwill they buy for Dick?
  [A] Somerecords.
  [B] Atoy suit.
  [C] Aspace suit.
  [D] Atoy.
  Questions 14 ~ 17 are based on the following dialogue.
  14. Whatare the two speakers talking about?
  [A] Howto arrange for a trip.
  [B] Howto book a satisfactory room.
  [C] Whenthe shop will be closed.
  [ D]What the weather is like.
  15. Whyis it not necessary for the man to take a taxi to the hotel?
  [A]Because there is an excellent bus service.
  [B]Because there is an excellent railway service.&
  [C]Because there is an excellent subway system.
  [D]Because taxi system there isn't convenient.
  16.What' s the weather like at this season?
  [A]Usually warm but sometimes very cold and wet.
  [B]Always warm.
  [C]Usually cold and wet but sometimes warm.
  [D]Always cold.
  17. Whenwill the man go on the trip?
  [A ] Atonce.
  [B]Fifteen days later.
  [C] Bythe 15th of this month.
  [D] Inthe middle of this year.
  Questions 18 ~ 21 are based on the followingdialogue.
  18. Whatis the first word the baby learned to say?
  [A]Track.
  [B] OK.
  [C]Duck.
  [D]Tuck.
  19. Howold was the baby when he learned to say that word correctly?
  [A]About 18 months.
  [B]About 21 months.
  [C]About 24 months.
  [D]About 12 months.
  20. Whatdid the father do when the baby screamed that word at the airport?
  [A] Hecorrected the baby.
  [B] Hetried to stop the baby.
  [C] Hehid himself somewhere.
  [D] Hedidn't do anything.
  21. Whydid the mother pretend not to know the baby?
  [A] Shegot angry with the father.
  [B] Shewas frightened by the noise.
  [C] Shefelt uneasy about the noisy baby.
  [D] Shedidn't like the baby.
  Questions 22 ~ 25 are based on the following monologue.
  22. Whois the speaker?
  [A] Asales representative.
  [B] Astore manager.
  [C] Acommittee chairperson.
  [D] Aclass president.
  23. Whatis the purpose of the meeting?
  [A] Todetermine who will graduate this year.
  [B] Todiscuss the seating arrangement.
  [C] Tochoose the chairperson of the ceremonies.
  [D] Tobegin planning the graduation ceremonies.
  24. Whatshould the students write on the paper?
  [A]Their names, phone numbers and job preference.
  [B] Thenames and addresses of their guests.
  [C] Thenames of the committee they worked on last year.
  [D]Their dormitory name, address and phone number.
  25. Whenis the next meeting?
  [A] Inan hour.[B] Next week. [C] In one month.[D] Next year.
  Section ⅡUse of English
  (15 minutes)
  [A] wrong
  [B] false
  [C] bad
  [D] harmful
  [A] defines
  [B] defined
  [C] regards
  [D] regarded
  [A] school
  [B] home
  [C] life
  [D] college
  [A] blank
  [B] used
  [C] full
  [D] deserted
  [A] ready
  [B] decided
  [C] possible
  [D] up
  [A] failure
  [B] success
  [C] model
  [D] mess
  [A] do
  [B] start
  [C] make
  [D] begin
  [A] with
  [B] to
  [C] on
  [D] off
  [A] enthusiastic
  [B] mild
  [C] interested
  [D] cautious35.
  [A] Choose
  [B] Choosing
  [C] Avoid
  [D] Avoiding
  [A] enemies
  [B] friends
  [C] conditions
  [D] helps
  [A] Which
  [B] It
  [C] What
  [D] That
  [A] easy
  [B] willing
  [C] difficult
  [D] terrifying
  [A] effort
  [B] mark
  [C] damage
  [D] effect
  [A] miserable
  [B] dark
  [C] shadowy
  [D] interesting
  [A] attack
  [B] listen to
  [C] change
  [D] interview
  [A] encourage
  [B] encouraging
  [C] help
  [D] helping
  [A] brighter
  [B] bright
  [C] happier
  [D] happy
  [A] sat
  [B] sitting
  [C] seated
  [D] seating
  [A] peace
  [B] war
  [C] dreams
  [D] unison
  SectionIllReading Comprehension
  (40minutes)
  46.Scientists were flying over a desert or a hilly wasteland or a mountain area inorder tosearch forin the ground.
  [A] gold
  [B]silver
  [C]uranium
  [D]minerals
  47. Thestudy of trees, branches and roots shows that
  [A]there were larger amounts of gold in the branches than in the seeds
  [B]there were smaller amounts of gold in the roots than in the branches
  [C]there were less amounts of gold in the seeds growing on the ends of branchesthanseeds growing nearest to the tree trunks
  [D]there was more gold in the branches than in the roots
  48.Which is the best title suggested below?
  [ A]Scientists Searching for Metals with Special Power
  [B]New Methods of Searching for Minerals
  [C] Gold Could Be Found by Trees and Plants
  [D] A New Method of Searching forMinerals--Using Trees and Plants
  49. Which of the following is NOT mentionedas part of a tree that Can help find minerals?
  [A] Leaves.
  [B]Roots.
  [C]Branches.
  [D] Seeds.
  50. The scientists were searching for mineralsby using
  [A] X-ray
  [B] magic power
  [C] a special instrument
  [D] trained eyes
  51. Thebest title for the article is
  [A] Whenthe Computer Is Down
  [B] TheMost Frightening Words
  [C] TheComputer of the Airport
  [D]Asking the Computer
  52. Whatcould the girl in the ticket office do for the passengers without asking thecomputer?
  [A] Shecould sell a ticket.
  [B] Shecould write out a ticket. -
  [C] Shecould answer the passengers' questions.
  [D] Shecould do nothing.
  53. Whydo you think they had not a backup computer?
  [A]Because it was easy down.
  [B]Because it was very expensive.
  [C]Because it was not advanced enough.
  [D]Because it was not as big as the main computer.
  54. Thelast paragraph suggests that
  [A] amodem computer won't be down
  [B]computers can take the place of humans
  [C]sometimes a computer may bring suffering to people
  [D]there will be great changes in computers
  55. Whatdid passengers do when the computer was down?
  [A] Theyleft home and went home.
  [B] Theydrank coffee and stared at the black screen.
  [C] Theybegan to talk to each other.
  [D] Noneabove.
  56.Leadville got its name for the following reasons EXCEPT
  [A]because Tabor became its leading citizen
  [B]because great deposits of lead is expected to be found there
  [C] becauseit could bring good fortune to Tabor
  [D]because it was renamed
  57. Theword &grubstake& in paragraph 2 means
  [A] tosupply miners with food and supplies
  [B] toopen a general store
  [C] todo one' s contribution to the development of the mine
  [D] to supplyminers with food and supplies and in return get a share in the mine, if onewasdiscovered
  58.Tabor made his first fortune
  [A] bysupplying two prospective miners and getting in return a one-third interest inthe findings
  [B]because he was persuaded by the two miners to quit supplying
  [C] bybuying the shares of the other
  [D] as aland speculator
  59. Theunderlying reason for Tabor' s life career is
  [A]purely accidental
  [B]based on the analysis of miner' s being very poor and their possibility of discoveringprofitable mining site
  [C]through the help from his second wife
  [D] heplanned well and accomplished targets step by step
  60. Ifthis passage is the first part of an article, who might be introduced in thefollowing part?
  [A]Tabor' s life.
  [B]Tabor' s second wife, Elizabeth McCourt.
  [C]Other colorful characters.
  [D]Tabor' s other careers.
  SectionIV Writing
  (40 minutes)
  1 ) theearnings of different ages
  2) theearnings of different education3) your own conclusion
  全真模拟试卷听力材料原文
  Part A
  Question 1
  M: Do you know if the book shop is still open?
  W: Yes, it' s open till six.
  M: Thanks a lot.
  W: You are-welcome.
  Question 2
  M: Of the two houses we saw today, which do you prefer?
  W: I think the white one is prettier, but the brick one has a bigger yard, so I like it better.
  M: I' m not sure whether I need such a big yard.
  W: You don' t have to decide fight now. Just think about it.
  Question 3
  M: Honey, we' 11 have a guest from Australia, a friend of mine. He'II stay in California for two weeks.
  W: Yes, your friend Andy. He was your classmate at London University, wasn't he?
  M: Yes, he was. We haven' t met for years.
  W: So you two could have a good time together.
  Question 4
  M: When will the meeting begin?
  W: According to the schedule it should be at 9:30.M: How long will it last?
  W: It will last for an hour and a half.
  Question 5
  W:I just saw an ad on television that said men' s suits were on sales at Conrad' s Men' s Wear.
  M: Great ! That's just what I've been waiting for. When is it?
  W: Today and tomorrow.
  M: Thanks.
  Question 6
  w: I've been thinking about my cousin a lot today.
  M: Why not go over for a visit?
  W: But I have to take care of the baby.
  M: Don't worr'y about that. I will help you out.
  Question 7
  M: Are you going to the town this afternoon?
  W: Yes, I have a friend waiting for me there.
  M: Can you bring me a bottle of wine on your way back?
  W : Sure.
  Question 8M: Gordon needs to find another place to live.
  W: What' s wrong?
  M: The apartment he rents now has been sold to a new owner.
  W: He' d better start looking right away. when all the students come back in a few weeks, he won' t fred any near the campus.
  Question 9 &
  W: Judy earned a lot of money over the summer as an advisor for that agency.
  M: I don't doubt it. what surprises me is that she is still working there, now that classes have started again.
  W: Oh, that doesn't sound very good.
  M: I hope she knows what she was doing.
  Question 10
  M: There is an article here in this magazine that might interest you.
  W: What' s it about?
  M: It' s about buying running shoes.
  W: If it' s not chemistry and it' s not on the final exam, I can read it now.
  Part B
  Questions 11 to 13 are based on the following dialogue
  W: John, do you realize that Christmas is only a month away? We' ve got to think about Christmas gifts.
  M: Yes, and what a lot we have to think about!
  W: Shall we decide what to send them all now?
  M: All fight. Let' s make a list of names and then decide what to give them all.
  W: The children first, I think, what about Anne? Do you have any suggestions?
  M : She' s getting too grown-up for toys. We can let her choose a book.
  W: Do you have any idea what kind of book to choose?
  M: Girls in her age are fond of cartoon books or other books with a lot of pictures.
  W: Very well. We can find one in a bookshop. Now what about Dick? He thinks about nothing but space travel nowadays.
  M: Oh, that makes it easy. Shall we give him one of those space travel suits the toyshop has? You know what I mean: There is a big round plastic thing that goes over the head.
  W: That' s an excellent idea. He' 11 be quite excited.
  M: what about your father? Does he have any hobbies?
  W: He' s fond of music. Perhaps we can get him some records?
  M: That sounds wonderful. Do you know what kind of music. does he like?
  W: Light music, I think.
  M: Does he have any favorite composers?
  W: I don' t know about that. Just get him a new released one.
  Questions 14 to 17 are based on the following dialogue
  M: And where do you recommend I shall stay? What' s the Holiday Inn like?
  W: It' s nice there. It' s in the city centre and has all the usual business facilities you' 11 need. The service is first class.
  M: Oh, good. So I' 11 get a room there. Now, what' s the best way to get into the hotel from the airport? Should I take a taxi?
  W: Well, you can, but you don' t have to. The subway system is very convenient.
  M: Mmm..., Can you tell me something about the business hours? I mean, what time are the bank. open?
  W: The banks? They open at half past eight and dose at four thirty.
  M: I see. And are they open on Saturday too?
  W: I' m afraid not. And I' d better warn you, the shops close early on Saturday. During the week they' re open until half past six, but on Saturdays they dose at four.
  M: At four! Right. Now, what' s the weather like at this time of year?
  W: Well, it' s usually warm. But sometimes it turns very cold and wet. So don't forget to take what you may need with you. By the way, when are you going on this trip?
  M: Oh, not until the middle of the month. The fifteenth, I think. Anything else you want to advise me? ~
  W: No, nothing I can see. It' s a nice country, peaceful and calm, and people are friendly. I' m sure you'll enjoy your stay there.
  Questions 18 to 21 are based on the following dialogue
  W: There are many interesting stories about how a baby learns to say its first word. Now, Mark, would you like to share your story with us?
  M: OK, here is my story. I was about 18 months old, I think. And I had just started saying my first word. Every time a truck went by, I shouted a word that sounded like &truck&. But to everyone else it sounded nothing like it. My parents tried to correct me, but failed. Then about 3months later, we traveled to New York. As we were waiting for our plane in the airport, I looked out of a huge window. At that very moment, I saw the largest truck in the world. I had to tell someone about this. I turned my father, who was standing to next about a thousand people waiting for flight, and screamed &Truck ! Truck !& My father tried hard to shut me up, but I was so excited and I kept screaming my special word. My poor mother decided that she didn't know this baby and ran to the lady' s room where she hid until I finally stopped. Well. I was talking like a normal child. However, my parents will never forget the very first word I pronounced in my life.
  W: That is really a very interesting experience about learning to say the first
  M: Yes, so every time I come to see my mother, she always talks about this to me.
  Questions 22 to 25 are based on the following talk.
  OK, everybody. Can we start the meeting now? I' m Jeff Milton, the Chairnerson of the Graduation Committee for this year. You've all been selected as representatives to plan the graduation ceremonies. I' m sending a-round the sheet of paper for you to fill in your name and telephone number. Also, please write down what part of the ceremonies you would like to work on. Think about it carefully before you decide. Do what you are good at and do remember, as a representative, you will have a lot of responsibilities. Surely we have a lot to prepare for the ceremonies. The job you are going to do is not easy, but it' s going to be very interesting that we will work together and solve all kinds of problems. Besides, you will make a lot of new friends in this committee. It will take up a lot of your spare time, mostly on weekends. So only sign up if you feel you have the time to participate. And if you have any questions about anything concerning ceremonies or about the committee, do not hesitate to ask me. When everyone has finished writing down the information, please return the paper to me. A tour next meeting one week from today, we' 11 start to discuss the details of the ceremonies. The next meeting will begin with a self introduction to let us be familiar with each other, which is the first step to do our jobs. So if you decide to come, do not miss the first meeting.
  答案及解析
  第一部分听力
  1.A2.C3.C 4.B5.D 6.A7.D
  8.A9.Bl0.B11.B l2.A l3.Bl4.A15.Cl6.Al7.Cl8.Al9.B20.B2l.C 22.C23.D24.A 25.B
  1~25题解析略。
  第二部分 英语知识运用
  参考译文
  你在周围的人心里是什么印象?可能你说过的话或者你的信息很快会被人遗忘,但是,请相信我,不管是好是坏,这仍是你音乐般的旋律。字典中将旋律定义为一系列的音符。正如音乐会影响人的情绪和心情一样,它也以这种方式影响着你的生活。
  假设你的生活是一张白纸,节奏是由你自己创造。你自然会希望自己谱的曲子是成功的。但从何处着手呢?必须先从自身开始。
  与其他人友好相处,并努力给别人的生活带来平静和快乐;避免嫉妒、愤怒、骄傲等负面情绪的产生,它们都是破坏和睦的敌人。
  据说,要是忘记这些情绪和感觉,世界将会永远宁静。虽然让这些情绪在生活中完全消失的要求有点高,但要从我们的生活中摆脱它们,也并不太困难。
  锻炼自己的机智和社交能力。你所做的每件事对周围的每个人都有影响。你能让一个人的生活充满阳光,但也能让他无比痛苦。花点时间去倾听其他人诉说,要是他们的生活不太和睦,那就鼓励他们会有更光明的未来。
  从一家人坐在一起吃饭到世界领导人聚在一起开会,他们都在玩一个追求和平的游戏。
  答案及解析
  26.C【解析】本题考查搭配。无论好坏,前面是good,那后面则为bad。其他选项不符。所以此题选择C。
  27.A【解析】本题考查词义理解。字典对这个词的定义,应用define,作&定义&讲,而regard是&认为&的意思。所以此题选择A。
  28.C【解析】本题考查固定搭配。live one&s life为固定结构,意思是:&过&的生活。&,
  29.A 【解析】本题考查上下文理解。稿纸自然是空白的,也就是used:&旧的&;full&满的&;deserted&抛弃的&;这些不合适。所以此题选择A。
  30.D【解析】本题考查固定搭配。句意是&你生活的曲调就取决于你的行为&。&取决于&为&be up to sb.&。所以此题选择D。
  31.B【解析】本题考查上下文理解。句意是&实际上你想让自己表现得很好&。表现得好,就是成功,故选择SUCCESS。失败模特一团糟mess,都不合适。所以此题选择8。
  32.D【解析】此题考查上下文一致。后文亦出现begin,与前面一致。所以此题选择D。
  33.A【解析】此题考查固定搭配。begin with&以&开始。&所以此题选择A。
  34.C【解析】本题考查搭配。要与人交往就得对别人感兴趣,be interested in sb.,热情的:mild:温和的;cautious:小心的。所以此题选择C。
  35.C【解析】本题考查祈使句。后面的骄傲,嫉妒等等都是负面情绪,当然得避免(avoid)了,而不是choose:选择。所以此题选择C。
  36.A【解析】本题考查句意理解。句意是&上述的那些不良情绪都是你和人相处的大敌(enemy)。&朋友(friends);条件(condition);帮助(help)均不合句意。所以此题选择A。
  37.B【解析】本题考查句型。句意是&据说如果人类消除了这些情绪,世界就会永远和平。&It be said that+主语从句:据说。所以此题选择B。
  38.C【解析】本题考查句意理解。避免这些情绪应该不会太难(difficult),容易自愿willin9;令人害怕terrifyin9均不合题意。所以此题选择C。
  39.D【解析】本题考查固定搭配。句意是&你做的每件事都会对周围人有影响。& have all effect on sb.表示&对某人有影响&。所以此题选择D。
  40.A【解析】本题考查词汇。miserable表&痛苦的&,用来形容人。dark和shadowy表示&阴暗的&,用来形容天气。所以此题选择A。
  41.B【解析】本题考查词汇。句意是&花些时间去倾听(listen to)&。攻击(attack),改变(change),采访(interview)显然不合题意。所以此题选择B。
  42.A【解析】本题考查祈使句。句意是&鼓励(encourage)他们用乐观的态度去面对。&主句须是个完整的句子,故不能用现在分词,否则缺少主语。所以此题选择A。
  43.A【解析】本题考查上下文意思。句意中有与之前比较,应用比较级。Brighter outlook:更加光明的未来。所以此题选择A。
  44.C【解析】本题考查过去分词。seated过去分词表示&就座&,在此处作后置定语修饰the family unit,意思是&围坐在餐桌周围的一家人&。所以此题选择C。
  45.A【解析】本题考查句意理解。句意是&从坐在一起吃饭的家庭到一起开会的世界领导人,他们都在玩一个追求和平的游戏。&the pursuitof peace:追求和平,符合题意。所以此题选择A。
  第三部分阅读理解
  Part A
  Text 1
  参考译文
  坐着飞机飞过一片沙漠之地,两位科学家用训练有素的眼睛察看下面的树木和灌木丛。经过大致一小时的飞行观察后,其中一位科学家在他的本子上写下这样一句话&看这里可能有金属矿藏。&另一架飞机上的科学家们正飞过一座山区。他们给地面观察站的科学家们发了&可能有金矿&的信息。步行越过山地,四名科学家得出报告:&应该在此地寻找金属矿藏&。从飞过多山丘的荒原的飞机上,一位科学家用无线电发回一个字:&铀&。
  没有一个科学家具有x射线那样的眼睛:他们并没有看透地球表面的魔力。他们仅仅使用了一个最新的技术来定位地下的矿藏&树木和植被长在地上,通过他们能显示出某种埋藏在地下的矿物。
  这项最新的寻找矿藏的技术是依据这样一个事实,即处在地下的矿物会影响到地面上灌木和树木的生长。
  沃森巴溪是加拿大英属哥伦比亚一座6,000英尺的山上的一条小溪。一队矿藏搜索小组收集了许爹包树木的种子;盒子里盛满了小树枝。树根也被挖掉放进盒子里。每个包和盒子都被仔细标记了。在科学实验室内,树枝被烧成灰然后做检测。检查每个细小的部分是否含有矿藏。
  对树根、树枝和种子的检测并没发现银元素,但却在树根部发现了部分金元素,同时在树枝和种子中也发现了较少的金元素。长在最接近树干上的种子要比长在树枝根部的种子含金元素多一些。
  答案及解析
  46.D 【解析】语义理解题。根据文章第一段的内容提到各种金属,而这些金属元素是包含在矿(mineral)里的。故本题选择D。
  47.C【解析】细节题。从文中最后一句&The seeds growing nearest to the tree trunks had more gold thanthose growing on the ends of the branches.&(长在最接近树干上的种子比长在树枝根部的种子要含有更多的金元素)可知答案。故本题选择C。
  48.D【解析】主旨题。通读全文可知文章的大部分(第二至五段)都在讲述通过植物来寻找矿藏。故本题选择D。
  49.A【解析】细节题。从最后一段可知,通过研究roots,branches和seeds可判定地下是否有矿产,而leaves在文章中却没有提到。故本题选择A。
  50.D【解析】细节题。从文章第一段的第一句&taro scientists looked down with trained eyes at trees andbushes&(两位科学家用受过训练的眼睛观察树木和灌木)可知答案。故本题选择D。
  Text 2
  参考译文
  英语中最令人恐惧的句子是:&我们的电脑宕机了。&在出差的时候,这样的消息你听到的越来越多。前几天我在机场排队买去华盛顿的票。售票窗口的女孩说:&对不起,我们现在不能卖票。我们的电脑宕机了。&&要是电脑坏了,你就给我填一张票吧。&
  &我无法给你填票。我们只能用电脑出票。&
  我看着那台电脑。乘客们都站在那里,喝着咖啡,盯着那已黑了的屏幕。然后我问她:&你们这些人都是干什么的?&
  &我们把你旅途的信息输入电脑,然后它就会显示是否有合适你的航班。&
  &所以要是电脑宕机了,你们就什么都不能干了。&&是的,先生。&
  &电脑宕机要持续多久?&我问道。
  &我不清楚。有时十分钟,有时两个小时。要是不问电脑我们什么信息都不知道。既然现在它宕机了,它就不会回应我们了。&
  从女孩那里得知没有备用电脑后,我说:&我们先别管电脑这事。你们的飞机呢?它们还在飞,是吗?&
  &没有电脑,我就无法回答你。&
  &或许我可以去大门那问飞行员是否要飞往华盛顿。&我暗示道。
  &我不知道让你去哪个门找他。即使飞行员飞往华盛顿,要是没有机票,他也不会让你登机。&
  接下来的几小时还有其他去华盛顿的航班吗?&
  &我无法回答你,&她说着,顺便指指那黑了的屏幕,&只有&它&知道,而它现在无法告诉我。&
  现在已经没多少人排队了。电脑宕机的消息迅速传到了其他旅行者那里。一些人惊得脸都白了,有一些人开始大叫,还有一些人愤怒地踢他们的行李。
  答案及解析
  51.A【解析】主旨题。根据文章第一句中的&our computer is down&(我们的电脑宕机了)及后面的文章关于机场电脑宕机后的一些对话内容可知,文章主要讲述的是机场电脑宕机后发生的一些事情,故本题选择A。
  52.D【解析】细节题。根据文章中的对话&When it[computer]goes down,you go down withit.&(若电脑宕机了,你们也工作不了了。)可知,机场售票员什么都不能做。故本题选择D。
  53.B【解析】主观题。没有备用电脑,最有可能是因为设备比较贵。故本题选择B。
  54.C【解析】推断题。根据文章最后一段的描述:电脑死机,旅客们感
  到恐惧、忧郁、不安,故本题选择C。
  55.B【解析】细节题。文中第四段第一句&every passenger was just standing there drinking coffee andstaring at the black screen.&(乘客们站在那儿,喝着咖啡,眼睛盯着那个黑掉了的屏幕)。故本题选择B。
  Text 3
  参考译文
  H.A.w.塔波尔和他的第二任妻子伊丽莎白&麦考特是莱德维尔黄金时代的人物。他们的故事很快成为古代西部历史中充满传奇色彩的一篇。1855年,塔波尔去了堪萨斯州。或许他也受到了科罗拉多矿山财富传言的诱惑。没几年之后他便搬到了西部,住在科罗拉多一个被称为加利福尼亚峡谷的小采矿场,后来他将此地改名为莱德维尔。&这里肯定能发现巨大的铅矿&,他说道。
  然而事实证明,莱德维尔的巨大财富来源于银矿。由于塔波尔本身不懂得采矿,所以他开了一家综合商店。他希望能给那些矿工提供食物和必需品以资助他们开采银矿,这样他便可以分一杯羹。然而几年下来,他所资助的那些矿工却没有发现任何矿井。
  最终,在1878年的某一天又有两个矿工来寻求资助。然而由于损失惨重,塔波尔已经决定不再资助。&哎,你们自己拿吧,多一次少一次也没什么两样了。&最后塔波尔受不了这两个矿工的软磨硬泡,扔下一句话便去卖自己的鞋帽了。这两个矿工拿了他价值l7美元的物品,却把自己找到的财富的三分之一送给了塔波尔作为回报。他们选了一块空地便开始挖,九天之后他们很幸运地找到了一个丰富的银矿。塔波尔将银矿从两个矿工手中买下来据为已有。这座&匹兹堡矿井&为塔波尔赚了130万美元。而他仅仅投入了17美元。
  后来。塔波尔又花11.7万美元收购了位于镇边一个贫瘠山腰上的Matchless矿井。结果这一矿井比匹兹堡矿井更让人难以置信,一天就挖出了价值3.5万美元的银矿。莱德维尔逐步发展起来,塔波尔担任了第一任市长,后来还当上了副州长。
  答案及解析
  56.C【解析】细节题。因为Leadville可以为Tabor带来巨富。这一点不是Leadville得名的原因,因为在文章第一、二段中,讲到这一点时,提及三个原因:A.因为Tabor成为当地的居民代表人物;B.因为相信在Leadville有丰富的铅储藏。D.因为Leadville是因
  为Tabor重要而起的名,唯独C没有,因为到后来发现是银矿才给他带来巨富。故本题选择C。
  57.D【解析】词汇题。第二段中9rubstake的词义与D所述内容是相同的,即&供给探矿者资金、衣物、食品以及其他物品&。(可参阅英华大辞典修订第二版第64页)但此处还补充地讲,作为回报,供给者可以获得矿中资源的一定份额(见文章第二段第四行)。故本题选择D。
  58.A【解析】细节题。Tabor第一次真正发财是他为两名矿工提供资助,为此他获得他们矿资源三分之一的股份。见文章第三段四至八行内容:两名开矿者从Tabor那儿借走价值17美元的物品,作为回报,Tabor获得他们矿资源三分之一股份。于是两位开矿者在一座山旁的不毛之地开始挖掘,九天之后,发现了银,于是Tabor又将两人的股份全买下,这样,银矿属于Tabor一个人所有,这个矿就是后来著名的&匹兹堡&矿。Tabor用l7美元的投资换来了130万美元的收获。故本题选择A。
  59.B【解析】推断题。由原文可知塔波尔的财产来源是有一定偶然性的,但是毕竟也是基于他开创的&grubstake&模式,所以A、D都不对,C更是没有根据.因为文中并没有提到第二位夫人在投资矿井过程中给他的帮助。分析塔波尔的做法,会得出B选项所示的结论。故本题选择B。
  60.B【解析】推断题。如果本文是一篇文章的第一部分,那么在文章的第二部分将介绍谁呢?答案可以从文章第一句分析出来,在Leadville的黄金年代,其多彩的特点当中,Tabor_及其第二任妻子Elizabeth McCourt是值得大书特书的,接着,文章都在讲述有关H.A.W.Tabor发家致富的历史,如先买下匹兹堡矿,后又买下Matchless矿,最后成为市长,副州长,等等,所以涉及的全是男主人公,因此下边再讲的话,应成为女主人公即Elizabeth McCourt的天地了,她是Tabor的第二任妻子。这是顺理成章的事。故本题选择B。
  Part B
  参考译文
  哈德利:如果你吸烟,而且不相信抽烟和支气管疾患、心脏病以及肺癌之间存
  在确定的联系,那么,你肯定是在欺骗你自己。只要看一看医院里面那些罹患这些疾病的人,数一数他们中间有多少人不吸烟,得出的数字会让你感到惊讶。即使这少数不吸烟的人,也可能是不自觉的被动吸烟者。
  兰迪:
  烟草是税额很高的商品。几乎相当于对我们每日消费的面包所征的税。仅税收一项,英国政府从烟民那里征收的税额,就足以满足全部教育设施之需。所以,虽然当局一向谨慎地指出,吸烟可能有害,但它不会为此大声疾呼。
  桑普森:.
  烟草广告是其中一个问题,我们从未从广告中看到在清晨咳得很厉害的吸烟者。那永远不会发生。广告总是展示一位英俊、脸刮得很干净的青年。这在暗示吸烟给人增添&男子气,甚至是有益健康的。他们把吸烟与宽敞的室外生活、漂亮的姑娘、真爱和团结等画面联结起来。但这一切都毫无意义!
  罗利:
  当然,烟草可以替政府收敛钱财。然而,一手贪婪地揽大量的钱,另一手却付出的更多。大量的钱花费在癌症研究和治疗受病痛折磨者的
  努力上。无数的珍贵生命正在逝去。从长远看,全面禁烟将会使每个人都受益。
  伯尼斯:
  吸烟能带来持续的慰藉。在我感到担忧或紧张之时,我只需点上一根,一切似乎就恢复正常了。辛苦地工作了一天之后,我最想做的就是吸一根烟。这甚至比咖啡还管用。吸烟带来的愉悦和放松缓解了每天生活中的压力。所以何必用禁烟来剥夺我们的快乐呢。
  答案及解析
  61.C 62.B 63.E 64.D 65.A
  61~65题解析略。
  第四部分写作Part A
  66.范文
  Dear Prof. Wang,
  First of all, please allow me toexpress my deep sorry for not being able to keep our appointment. I do knowthat this is very impolite and must have caused you much trouble.
  I do reckon that at present anyexplanation is pale and futile. However I do not want you to misunderstand me.of a my way to your office, an old lady suddenly fainted due to heart attack onthe bus. I stopped a taxi and sent her into a nearby hospital. I stayed thereuntil her son came, which spoiled our appointment.
  I am aware that our appointment isof importance. I do hope that you would be kind enough to spare your valuabletime to meet me. I am looking forward to hearing from you.
  Sincerely yours, Li Ming Part B
  67.范文
  This chart shows that one'slifetime earnings are closely linked with one' s physical condition andeducation. As a rule, the young make more money than the old. People at the ageof 20 to 30 are in their prime of life. When they are strong and energetic,they can work more and, as a result, earn more. People at the age of 40 to 50earn less than those in their twenties and thirties.
  It is also illustrated in the chartthat the better one is educated, the more his lifetime earnings are. A highschool graduate earns more than the one who has less than a high schooleducation, but less than a college graduate. So one's lifetime earnings are in proportionto one' s education. In my opinion, in this highly competitive society, I'drather get good education before I work. If people on the average are satisfiedwith a Master's degree, I'd like to be a Doctor's degree. Then I'll be a cutabove others in income and in knowledge.
  以上试题网()的小编为考生们收集了2015年公共英语三级pets3模拟试题3试题
关于“”的最新试题:
试题网导航
查询实用工具}

我要回帖

更多关于 公共英语等级考试培训 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信