i (bad) want to go to jane 's chenpartyy

当前位置:
>>>. “Do you want to go to the movie, Jane?” “______. I feel ..
. “Do you want to go to the movie, Jane?” “______. I feel like doing something different.”A.Don’t mention itB.I don’t want itC.I don’t think soD.Not really
题型:单选题难度:偏易来源:不详
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“. “Do you want to go to the movie, Jane?” “______. I feel ..”主要考查你对&&there be句型&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
there be句型
there be句型的概念:
英语中的there be结构主要表示某处存在有某物,所以通常被称为存在句。其中的there为引导词,无词义,be为谓语动词,therebe后面的名词为句子主语。therebe结构的否定式和疑问式:
&1、否定式:there be结构的否定式通常应将否定词置于动词be之后: 如:There is not any bread left. 没有一点面包了。 &&&&&&& There isn't anything I can do for you. 我帮不了你什么忙。若谓语中包括有助动词或情态动词,通常将否定词置于助动词与情态动词之后: 如:There can't be so many mistakes. 不可能有那么多错误。 &&&&&&& There shouldn't be any doubt about it. 对此不应有什么怀疑。 &&&&&&& There haven't been any parties in weeks. 好几个礼拜没开过晚会了。另外注意以下类型的否定式: 如:There doesn't seem to have been any difficulty over the money question. 在钱的问题上似乎没发生什么困难。 2、疑问式:there be结构的疑问式通常应将否定词置于动词be之后: 如:Is there any good film on? 映什么好电影吗? &&&&&&& Is there room for me in the car? 车子里还有我坐的地方吗? &&&&&&& Are there any letters for me? 有我的信吗? 若谓语中包括有助动词或情态动词,通常将助动词或情态动词移至句首构成疑问式: 如:Has there been an accident? 出事了吗? &&&&&&& Have there been any new developments? 有什么新的发展吗? &&&&&&& Can there have been so much rain there?那儿会下过那么多雨吗?另外注意以下类型的疑问式: 如:Uncle Jesse, why do there have to be poor people like those? 杰西叔,为什么一定要有他们那样的穷人? there be结构的谓语形式:1、主谓一致问题:&若只有一个主语,谓语的数则取决于该主语的数;若有几个主语并列,则通常是与靠近的主语保持一致: 如:There is a man at the door. 门口有个人。 &&&&&&& There are some girls in the room. 房间里有几个女孩。 &&&&&&& There is a pen and some books on the desk. 桌上有一支钢笔和一些书。 2、时态问题:there be结构的时态由其中的谓语动词be来体现,它可以有一般现在时、一般将来时、一般过去时、现在完成时以及过去完成时等多种时态形式: 如:There is going to be[will be] an English film tonight. 今晚将有一场英语电影。 &&&&&&& There was a lot to be done. 有很多事要做。 &&&&&&& There were some children swimming in the river. 有些小孩在河里游泳。 &&&&&&& There have been many such accidents. 已发生了好几起那样的事故。 &&&&&&& There had been two seafights between them. 他们之间发生了两场海战。 3、与情态动词连用:there be结构有时可以与情态动词连用: 如:There may be a storm tomorrow. 明天可能有风暴。 &&&&&&& There used to be a hospital here. 原来这里有家医院。 &&&&&&& He felt there must be something wrong. 他感到准有什么问题。 &&&&&&& There might still be hope. 可能还有希望。 &&&&&&& There ought to be a comma here. 这儿应有一个逗号。 4、动词be换成其他动词:有时可将there be中的动词:be换为live, remain, seem, appear, exist, stand, lie, come等: 如:Once upon a time there lived a man known by the name of Joe Beef. 从前有个人名叫乔·比夫。&&&&&&&&&There seems[appears] something the matter with her. 她好像是出了什么事似的。 &&&&&&& There existed different opinions on this problem. 对这个问题曾有不同看法。 &&&&&&& There remained just twenty-eight pounds. 只剩28英镑了。 &&&&&&& At the top of the hill there stands an old temple. 在小山顶上有一座古庙。 5、与其他动词搭配使用:there be结构有时可与其他动词搭配使用,构成一种复合谓语: 如:There seemed to be nobody about, so I went in. 附近似乎没有人,因此我就走了进去。 &&&&&&& There happened to be a man walking by. 恰好有一个人从旁经过。
therebe结构的非谓语形式: 基本结构:there be结构的非谓语形式有两种基本结构,即there being和there to be:1、there being结构该结构的主要用法有: (1)用作状语: 如:There being nothing else to do, we went home. 由于没什么其他的事要干,所以我们就回家了。 &&&&&&& There having been no rain, the ground was dry. 由于没有下雨,所以地面很干。【注】有时可与状语从句转换: 如:There being no further business(=As there was no further business), I declared the meeting closed. 由于没有别的事了,我宣布闭会。 (2)用作介词宾语: 如:There is now some hope of there being a settle ment of the dispute. 现在有点希望可以解决这次争端。 2、There to be结构该结构的主要用法有: (1)用作动词宾语:该结构可用作某些动词(如like, prefer, hate, want, mean, intend, expect, consider等)的宾语: 如:I don't want there to be any misunderstanding. 我可不希望有任何误解。 &&&&&&& Students hate there to be too much homework. 学生讨厌做太多的家庭作业。 &&&&&&& We expect there to be more discussion about this. 我们期望能对此展开更多的讨论。【注】在let there be结构中,动词be不带to: 如:Don't let there be any noise. 不允许有任何吵闹。 &&&&&&& Let there be no mistake about it. 这事不要出错。 (2)用作介词for的宾语: 如:They asked for there to be another meeting. 他们要求再开一次会议。【注】用作介词宾语一般用there being,但用作介词for的宾语时,只能用there to be。比较:They planned on there being another meeting. 他们打算再开一次会议。 &&&&&&&&&&& They planned for there to be another meeting. 他们打算再开一次会议。几个重要句型和结构:
&1、There is no doing结构:其意为“不可能…”、“无法…”: 如:There's no denying the fact. 这一事实不容否认。 &&&&&&& There is no getting over the difficulty. 这困难无法克服。 &&&&&&& There is no knowing what he will do next. 无法知道他下一步要干什么。 &&&&&&& There was no telling when she would be back. 没法知道她什么时候回来。 2、There is no difficulty in doing sth结构:意为“做某事没有困难”: 如:There is no difficulty in finding his office. 找到了他的办公室没费一点劲。 &&&&&&& There was no difficulty in carrying out the plan. 执行这项计划没什么困难。 3、There's no doubt…结构:意为“毫无疑问…”: 如:There is no doubt of his success. 毫无疑问他一定会成功。 &&&&&&& There could be no doubt that he was one of the best writer in this country. 毫无疑问他是这个国家最优秀的作家之一。 4、There is no hurry(to do sth)句式:其意为“不用急(于做某事)”: 如:There's no hurry to return the book. 现在不急于还书。 &&&&&&& There's no hurry, so do it slowly and carefully. 不用赶时间,要慢慢细心地做。 5、There's no need for…结构:其意为“不需要或不必要…”: 如:There is no need for help. 不需要帮助。 &&&&&&& There is no need for you to go. 你没有必要去。 6、There is no question about...结构:其意为“…是毫无疑问的”: 如:There's no question about his success. 毫无疑问他会成功。 &&&&&&& There's no question about his honesty. 毫无疑问他是诚实的。 7、There is no question of doing sth句式:其意为“做某事是不可能的”: 如:There is no question of his coming. 他不可能会来。 &&&&&&& There is no question of our arriving on time. 我们不可能准时赶到。 8、There is no sense in doing sth结构:意为“做某事没有道理或好处”: 如:There's no sense in criticizing him. 批评他也没有用。 &&&&&&& There's no sense in waiting three hours. 等三小时是不没有道理的。 9、There's no point in doing sth句式:意为“做某事没有用”: 如:There's no point(in) telling her about it. 告诉她没有用。 如:There's no point in wasting time. 耗时间没用。【注】以上有的结构中的no根据情况也可换成其他限定词: 如:There is some difficulty in doing sth 意为“做某事有些困难”。&&&&&&&&&There is much difficulty in doing sth 意为“做某事许多困难”。 &&&&&&& There's a need for… 意为“需要或有必要…”。 10、“there be+名词+动词”结构:(1)there be+宾语+现在分词现在分词表示主动关系,同时表示动作正在进行:如:There is some one waiting for him. 有人在等他。&&&&&&& There was a man standing in front of me. 我前面站着一个男人。&&&&&&& There were some children swimming in the river. 有些小孩在河里游泳。&&&&&&& There were a group of young people working in the fields. 有一群青年在地里劳动。有时现在分词可表示一种状态:如:There's a piano standing against the wall. 靠墙有一架钢琴。&&&&&&& There're a lot of difficulties facing us. 我们面前有很多困难。&&&&&&& There is a door leading to the garden. 有一座门通往花园。有个别现在分词用于该结构时可以表示将来(正如它们可用进行时表示将来一样):如:There are ten people coming to dinner. 有10个人来吃晚饭。(2)there be+宾语+过去分词过去分词表示一种被动关系,同时表示动作已经发生:如:There is nothing written on it. 上面没写东西。&&&&&&& There were ten people killed in the accident. 事故中有10人丧生。有时过去分词也可表示一种状态(可转换成被动结构):&&&&&&& There were some old men seated(=who were seated)in the back. 有些老人坐在后面。&&&&&&& There is a red car parked(=which is parked)outside the house. 房子外边停着一辆红色汽车。(3)therebe+宾语+不定式不定式通常表示动作尚未发生:如:There was nobody to look after the child. 没有人照顾这孩子。&&&&&&& There was a large crowd to send him off. 有一大群人要来给他送行。&&&&&&& There was so much to lose that we couldn't take any risks. 可能会有很大的损失,因此我们不能冒险。【注】当其中的宾语与其后的不定式为被动关系时,可用主动表被动,也可用被动式:如:There is much work to do[to be done]. 有许多工作要做。有时其中的不定式为系表结构:&&&&&&& There is nothing to be afraid of. 没什么可怕的。&&&&&&& What was there to be afraid of. 有什么可怕的?&&&&&&& There's nothing to be ashamed of. 没有什么值得羞愧的。
发现相似题
与“. “Do you want to go to the movie, Jane?” “______. I feel ..”考查相似的试题有:
349032365440339694384275364902374189高二英语Unit 1 Nothing ventured,nothing gained单元检测卷(含答案新人教版选修10)
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
高二英语Unit&1&Nothing&ventured,nothing&gained单元检测卷(含答案新人教版选修10)
作者:佚名 资料来源:网络 点击数: &&&
高二英语Unit&1&Nothing&ventured,nothing&gained单元检测卷(含答案新人教版选修10)
本资料为WORD文档,请点击下载地址下载
文 章来源莲山 课件 w w w.5Y k J.C om 高二英语Unit 1 Nothing ventured,nothing gained单元检测卷(含答案新人教版选修10)第一部分 (共两节,满分30分)第一节 (共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)听下面五段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟时间来回答有关小题和下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。1.Who is Jane?A.The man's sister.B.The man's classmate.C.Lucy's sister.Text 1W:This must be your sister.What a pretty girl!M:Yeah.Jane,this is my classmate Lucy.答案 A2.What can we learn from the conversation?A.The man still can't buy the book.B.The man still needs ten dollars for the book.C.The man has enough money to buy the book now.Text 2M:Oh,this is so interesting a book!Let me look at the price.Wow,30 dollars,I've only got 20 dollars.W:I'll lend you 8 dollars.That's all I have.答案 A3.What will the woman do if the weather is fine?A.She will stay at home.B.She will go to the party.C.She will go out with the man.Text 3M:Will you go and have a picnic with me this afternoon,Jane?Ann and Jack will go with us.W:I don't know.I want to go but I think the weather is going to be bad.答案 C4.What does the man think of the novel?A.Boring.B.Hard to understand.C.Unsuccessful as a whole.Text 4W:Many people say it's a good novel.But I think it's boring.M:But I think the writer wrote about history,society,human nature and so on.It's only hard to understand.W:Maybe you're right.答案 B5.How old was the man when the photo was taken?A.Three years old.B.Thirty years old.C.Thirteen years old.Text 5W:Is this a photo of you?M:Yes.W:You looked so lovely then.M:How time flies!I'll never be thirteen again.答案 C第二节 (共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,每小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。听第6段材料,回答第6至7题。6.What can we learn about the man?A.He thinks that Li Hua has changed his habit of talking too much.B.He thinks that Li Hua would rather go to the movies with him.C.He thinks that Li Hua still likes talking too much.7.What will the man do tonight?A.He will go to see a film.B.He will chat with the woman.C.He will go to see Li Hua.Text 6W:What about coming to my home tonight?M:Well,I suppose I could.I was thinking of going to the movies tonight,though.W:My friend Li Hua has just come back from America.He's coming to talk about his experience abroad.Do come and join us.M:Which Li Hua?The young man who likes to talk too much?W:He used to be like that,but he might have changed over these years.M:Well,perhaps.But I think I'd rather go to the movies tonight.答案 6.C 7.A听第7段材料,回答第8至9题。8.Why did the woman become angry at first?A.Because she thought the man was reading her letters.B.Because the man was making a mess of her room.C.Because the man is always losing something.9.What is the man looking for?A.A report about a new project.B.His report about a new product.C.His plan about a new project.Text 7W:Hey!Why are you searching my things?M:Oh,sorry.Please don't be angry.I wasn't reading your letters.I am just looking for the important report about our company's new project.W:What made you think it would be here?M:I left it here this morning.Now I can't find it.W:If that is the case,I'll help you find it.M:Thanks.答案 8.A 9.A听第8段材料,回答第10至12题。10.Which season does the man like?A.Spring.& B.Winter.& C.Autumn.11.What suggestion does he not make to the woman?A.Come for a vacation.B.Ride around a pyramid on a camel.C.Come to Egypt by air.12.Where does the woman live?A.In Egypt.& B.In Pyramid.& C.In England.Text 8W:I saw a film about Egypt on TV a few weeks ago.It's really hot there,isn't it?M:Not all the time.It's only hot from about March to October.W:Oh,really?And how about the rest of the year?M:Well,it never gets& very cold.But it does get quite cool between November and February.I prefer winter.It's much more comfortable than in the summer.You should visit Egypt!Come for a vacation.Ride around a pyramid on a camel.答案 10.B 11.C 12.C听第9段材料,回答第13至16题。13.Where are they?A.At a cinema.B.At a theatre.C.At an exhibition center.14.What's on the catalogue?A.The layout of the exhibition.B.The layout of the counters of consumer electronics.C.The layout of the counters of computers.15.How many main halls are there in the exhibition center?A.Two on each of the three floors.B.Two.C.Four.16.Which floor are they going to first?A.The first floor.B.The second floor.C.The third floor.Text 9M:Here we are.This is the main entrance.W:Do we have to buy tickets?M:Yes,of course.But you don't need to buy yours this time.W:Why not?M:Because I have bought it for you.W:That's very kind of you.Now,let's go in.M:Wait a minute.Let me get a catalogue and have a look at the layout of the exhibition.W:All right.M:The exhibition is on two floors with two main halls on each floor.W:What's on the first floor?M:Consumer electronics.W:And how about the second floor?M:Computers.W:Shall we go to the second floor first?I'd like to have a look at the computers.And maybe I will buy one.M:All right.Let's go.答案 13.C 14.A 15.C 16.B听第10段材料,回答第17至20题。17.Where did the speaker study now?A.In Britain. &B.In America.& C.In France.18.How long has the speaker been there?A.About a week. &B.About a month.& C.About a year.19.How many classmates does the speaker probably have?A.50. &B.15.& C.14.20.Whom is the speaker living with?A.A local family. &B.Her family.& C.Her brother.Text 10Dear everyone,Can I really be so far away and still feel at home?It has been less than a month since I started at the Frances King School and I already feel that I belong in London.Like many of the students here,I am living with a local family,which certainly helps me to practice my English away from class.The school believes that learning should continue outside classes and that students should have the chance to experience British culure.Last week we all went to see a musical and this weekend we are going to visit Stratford for the day.We have also been promised a weekend in Paris next spring!Of course,I'm working hard as well as having fun.With class sizes of less than fifteen there is no chance of being able to avoid the teachers.As well as learning English we are also taught how to study by ourselves.That should make it easier when I get to university.For such a friendly place, the Frances King School is very large.Students come from all over the world to learn here,from Europe and South America as well as China.We're all finding it is a great place to learn.Best wishes,Xiaomei答案 17.A 18.B 19.C 20.A第二部分 英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)第一节 单项(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。21.First impressions are the most lasting.After all,you never get________second chance to make________first impression.A.a;the &B.the;theC.a;a &D.the;a答案 C22.It's________Daniel is depressed.The surroundings are hard to tolerate.A.no doubt &B.no wayC.no need &D.no wonder答案 D23.What will happen to the child if Jim and Mary________?A.break down &B.break upC.break out &D.break off答案 B24.The boys stopped and________digging holes to plant the trees.A.set off &B.set outC.set about &D.set up答案 C25.You must not take combustible(易燃的)goods________because they are dangerous to the ship.A.abroad &B.broad& C.aboard &D.board答案 C26.―How about going downtown this morning?&―Well...,it's a bit too cold outside.And________,I've got to do some housework.A.someway &B.anyway& C.somehow &D.somewhat答案 B27.________the programme,they have to stay there for another two weeks.A.Not completing &B.Not completedC.Not having completed &D.Having not completed答案 C28.The news came,as expected,________my cousin was chosen to be a foreign aid doctor to go to Africa where people are suffering a lot from AIDS.A.it &B.that& C.what &D.which答案 B29.H5N1 Bird Flu can result in death unless left ________ in time.A.treat &B.to treatC.treating &D.treated答案 D30.________and out of breath,we reached the top of the tower and stopped ________the beautiful scenery.A.Tiring;to admire &B.Being tired;admiringC.Tired;to admire &D.Tired;admiring答案 C31.They________their lives in exploring the ancient tomb.A.ventured &B.risked& C.tried &D.A & B答案 D32.Has all that should be done________been done yet?A.without delay &B.with delayC.ought to be delay &D.delay答案 A33.I can________my reputation that I didn't do it.A.swear off &B.swear inC.swear by &D.swear from答案 C34.Was it near the white building,if I may ask,________Martin Luther King gave a speech“I have a dream”?A.where &B.that& C.why &D.in which答案 B35.The transportation will improve a lot in this city,with two new roads________in the near future.A.being constructed &B.to constructC.to be constructed &D.constructing答案 C第二节 完形(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。Across the street from our home was a school and I would often watch the kids as they played basketball during the break.I often noticed a small__36__playing with boys.I watched in__37__as she ran circles around the other kids.She__38__to shoot jump shots just over their heads and into the net.The boys always tried to stop her but no one could.At other times I saw her playing alone,sometimes until__39__.One day I asked her why she __40__so much.She looked__41__in my eyes and without a moment of hesitation(犹豫)she said,“The only way I can go to__42__is to get a scholarship(奖学金).I believe that I would get it if I were good enough at __43__.My dad told me if the dream is big enough,the facts don't __44__”.Then with a determined smile she ran towards the court.I watched her__45__those junior high years and into high school.Every week,she led her team to victory.One day in her senior year,I saw her sitting in the grass,head__46__in her arms.The coach(教练)told her that at 5 feet 5 inches she would__47__never get to play for a top ranked team―much less offered a scholarship―so she should__48__dreaming about college.I asked her if she had talked to her dad about it yet.She__49__her head from her hands and told me that her father said those coaches just did not understand the__50__of a dream.He told her that if she truly wanted a scholarship,__51__could stop her except one thing―her own attitude.The next year,__52__she and her team went to the Northern California Championship game,she was seen by a college coach.She was indeed __53__a scholarship,a full one.She was going to get the college education that she had__54__and worked toward for all those years.It's __55__:If the dream is big enough,the facts don't count.36.A.boy &B.girl& &C.student &D.teacher解析 根据下文提到的人称代词she可判断这里指的是一个“女孩”。作者当时注意到的应该是这些孩子打球时的场面,而不是打球人的身份,因此C项不恰当。答案 B37.A.doubt &B.shock& C.wonder &D.delight解析 结合本句后半句中的内容以及下一句中的内容可知作者对她的出色表现“惊奇不已”。B项多用来表示对不好的消息感到震惊,所以不合适。答案 C38.A.managed &B.tried& C.failed &D.attempted解析 manage to do sth表示“设法做成某事”。答案 A39.A.morning &B.noon& C.dark &D.dawn解析 下文提到她苦练篮球的目的是获得奖学金,由此可知她为了实现自己的梦想不懈地奋斗,有时独自练习到“天黑”。答案 C40.A.practised &B.suffered& C.performed &D.drilled解析 作者询问她为什么如此刻苦“练习”。B项表示“遭受苦难”;C项表示“表演”;D项通常指军队等的操练。答案 A41.A.slowly &B.quickly& C.quietly &D.directly解析 她“直视”着作者的眼睛,毫不犹豫地回答了作者提出的问题。答案 D42.A.work &B.court& C.college &D.school解析 最后一段提到一位大学教练看到了她的优异表现,她最终获得了全额奖学金,由此可推测她上大学的唯一途径是获得奖学金。答案 C43.A.football &B.basketball& C.my lessons &D.the exams解析 上文提到她一直苦练篮球技术,由此可推断她是想通过“打篮球”进入大学的殿堂。答案 B44.A.damage &B.delay& C.count &D.fail解析 此处count表示“很重要”。意思是只要志向远大,事实不重要。答案 C45.A.past &B.over& C.beyond &D.through解析 作者目睹她上完了初中并转入到高中学习的全过程,所以用through。答案 D46.A.buried &B.placed& C.hidden &D.dropped解析 根据下一句教练所说的话可知她当时极度痛苦,将头“埋”在双臂中。B项表示“放置”,C项表示“掩藏”,D项表示“落下”,都不符合语境。答案 A47.A.firmly &B.sadly& C.nearly &D.probably解析 教练认为她个头不高,“也许”永远无法入选到顶尖球队,更不要说获得奖学金了。答案 D48.A.stop &B.begin& C.continue &D.start解析 教练觉得她的身高条件不够,她应该“放弃”上大学的梦想。答案 A49.A.lowered &B.lifted& C.turned &D.moved解析 上文提到她头埋在手臂间,回答作者的问话应该是抬起头。答案 B50.A.effect &B.power& C.aim &D.advantage解析 她的父亲说那些教练根本不理解梦想的“力量”。effect表示“影响”。答案 B51.A.something &B.anything& C.nobody &D.nothing解析 她的父亲告诉她如果她真想获得奖学金,除了她自己的态度之外,“没有什么”可以阻止她。答案 D52.A.after &B.before& C.as &D.once解析 此处叙述的是她和自己的球队在比赛期间发生的事情,所以用as“当……时候”。答案 C53.A.brought &B.handed& C.sent &D.offered解析 她确实被“提供”了奖学金,而且是全额奖学金。答案 D54.A.thought of &B.dreamed ofC.asked for &D.referred to解析 她终于进入了自己“梦寐以求”而且多年来一直为之苦苦奋斗的大学。答案 B55.A.true &B.possible& C.proper &D.perfect解析 作者通过小女孩成功的故事感悟到这样的真理,只要志向远大,事实不重要。答案 A第三部分 阅读理解(共两节,满分40分)第一节(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中选出最佳选项。AWhen an ant dies,other ants move the dead insect out.Sometimes,the dead ant get moved away very soon―within an hour of dying.This behavior is interesting to scientists,who wonder how ants know for sure―and so soon ―that another ant is dead.One scientist recently came up with a way to explain this ant behavior.Dong&Hwan Choe is a biologist.Choe found that Argentine ants have a chemical on the outside of their bodies that signals to other ants,“I'm dead―take me away.”But there's a twist to Choe's discovery.Choe says that the living ants―not just the dead ones―have this death chemical.In other words,while an ant crawls around,perhaps in a picnic or home,it's telling other ants that it's dead.What keeps ants from dragging away the living ants?Choe found that Argentine ants have two additional chemicals on their bodies,and these tell nearby ants something like,“Wait―I'm not dead yet.” So Choe's research turned up two sets of chemical signals in ants:one says,“I'm dead,” and the other set says,“I'm not dead yet.”Other scientists have tried to figure out how ants know when another ant is dead.If an ant is knocked unconscious,for example,other ants leave it alone until it wakes up.That means ants know that unmoving ants can still be alive.Choe suspects that when an Argentine ant dies,the chemical that says“Wait―I'm not dead yet” quickly goes away.Once that chemical is gone,only the one that says“I'm dead”is left.“It's because the dead ant no longer smells like a living ant that it gets carried to the graveyard,not because its body releases new unique chemicals after death,”said Choe.When other ants detect the “dead” chemical without the “not dead yet” chemical,they drag away the body.Understanding this behavior may help scientists figure out how to stop Argentine ants from invading new places and causing problems.Choe would like to find a way to use the newly discovered chemicals to spread ant killer to Argentine ant nests.The ants' removal behavior is important to the overall health of the nest.“Being able to quickly remove dead individuals and other possible sources of disease is extremely important to all animals living in societies,including us,”says Choe. “Think about all the effort and money that we invest daily in waste management.”【解题导语】 科学家通过研究发现蚂蚁身上有两种化学成分,一种提醒自己还活着,一种提醒它已死亡。当蚂蚁死后,提示活着的化学成分会自动消失,科学家可以利用该原理来阻止蚂蚁入侵和危害。56.The underlined word“twist” in Paragraph 3 means ________.A.an unexpected change &B.a clear mistakeC.an important key &D.a shocking conclusion解析 词意猜测题。根据第三段“...the living ants―not just the dead ones―have this death chemical.”可知他又有了新的出乎意料的发现,推断出twist意为“出人意料的变化”。答案 A57.Ants judge whether another one is dead or not depending on ______.A.the sense of taste &B.the sense of smellC.the sense of touch &D.the sense of sight解析 推理。从文章第六段“It's because the dead ant no longer smells like a living ant...”可知蚂蚁主要是靠它们的嗅觉来判断对方的状态,所以B为最佳答案。答案 B58.The result of the research can be used to ________.A.kill troublesome pestsB.solve the problem of endangered speciesC.prevent further expansion of the ants' territoryD.keep the balance of nature解析 细节理解题。根据文章倒数第二段第一句“...help scientists figure out how to stop Argentine ants from invading new places and causing problems”可知应选C。答案 C59.Why is it important to remove dead individuals?A.Because it is easier to manage the living.B.Because it can save money to deal with the waste.C.Because it can provide more space for the living.D.Because it can keep the living from suffering disease.解析 细节理解题。根据文章最后一段“The ants' removal behavior is important to the overall health of the nest”可知D项正确。答案 DBMost young architects―particularly those in big cities―can only dream about working in a building of their own.And making that dream come true often means finding a building no one else seems to want,which is exactly what happened to David Yocum and his partner,Brian Bell.Their building is a former automobile electrical&parts firm in Atlanta.From the outside,it looks too old,even something horrible,but open the door and you are in a wide,open courtyard,lined on three sides with rusting(生锈的)walls.In 2000,Yocum and Bell found this building in the city's West End.Built in 1947,the structure had been abandoned years earlier and the roof of the main building had fallen down.But the price was right,so Yocum bought it.He spent eight months of his off&hours on demolition(拆除),pulling rubbish out through the roof,because it was too dangerous to go inside the building.The demolition was hard work,but it gave him time to think about what he wanted to do,and “to treasure what was there―the walls,the rust,the light.”Yocum said.“Every season,more paint falls off the walls and more rust develops.It's like an art installation(装置)in there―a slow&motion show.”Since the back building had been constructed without windows,an all&glass front was added to the building to give it a view of the courtyard,and skylights were installed in the roof.The back of the building is a working area and living room for Yocum and his wife.A sort of buffer(缓冲)zone between the front and the back contains a bathroom,a kitchen and a mechanical room,and the walls that separate these zones have openings that allow views through to the front of the studio and the courtyard beyond.Yocum and Bell,who have just completed an art gallery for the city,feel that the experience from the decoration of their building,focusing on the inside rather than the outside,has influenced their work.It has also given these architects a chance to show how they can make more out of less.60.According to the passage,it is________for most young architects in big cities to work in a building of their own.A.easy &B.unnecessary& C.unrealistic &D.common解析 细节理解题。由第一段第一句中...can only dream about working in a building of their own.可知C项正确。答案 C61.Yocum bought the old building because________.A.it was a bargain to himB.it was still in good conditionC.it was located in the city centerD.it looked attractive from the outside解析 事实细节题。由第二段中But the price was right,so Yocum bought it.(价格合理,他就买下了)可知A项正确。答案 A62.Working on the old building,Yocum and Bell________.A.pulled rubbish out through the roofB.removed the skylights from the bathroomC.presented a slow&motion show in an art galleryD.built a kitchen at the back part of the old building解析 事实理解题。由第二段中...pulling rubbish out through the roof...可知。答案 A63.It can be inferred from the passage that Yocum and Bell________.A.benefited a lot from pulling down the roofB.turned more old buildings into art galleriesC.got inspiration from decorating their old buildingD.paid more attention to the outside of the art gallery答案 CCIt's happened to all of us:we sleeplessly toss and turn while the person next door snores(打呼噜)his way through the night.“Millions of people snore,most of the men over the age of 20,”said Robert Bone,chief of Head and Neck Surgery and Otology at Scripps Clinic in San Diego.“As many as 45 percent of people snore,and as many as 25 percent are chronic(慢性的)snorers.Male snorers far outnumber women who snore.”To help chronic snores―and their partners and family―get a good night's sleep,Dr. Bone treats his patients with Somnoplasty,a now&proven procedure that he pioneered at Scripps Clinic six years ago.“If you snore loudly and frequently and do not have other breathing disorders,Somnoplasty may be the solution for you,”he said.Somnoplasty uses low&temperature radio waves to treat a well&defined area in the soft palate(腭).A small prong is inserted into the mouth toward the back of the throat.Then radio&frequency energy is delivered beneath the surface of the soft palate.The treated tissue is heated just enough to create an area of coagulation(凝结物).Over the next four to six weeks,the body naturally tears off the treated tissue,reducing volume and solidifying the area responsible for snoring.The procedure takes place in the doctor's office,and typically lasts no longer than 15 to 20 minutes.Patients need two to four treatments,and the procedure is 80 percent effective.Treatment costs $200 to $300 and is covered by some insurance.Dr. Bone treats about 800 patients a year.“Somnoplasty is the state&of&the&art procedure for snoring,”Dr Bone said.“It can provide much&needed relief to chronic snorers and their families.”For more information or to schedule an appointment,call (858) 554&8964.64.Which of the following is true about the snorers according to Robert Bone?A.45% of the snorers are men who are over the age of 20.B.Thousands of people are chronic snorers.C.People who toss and turn sleeplessly will never snore.D.There are far more male snorers than female snorers.答案 D65.We can learn from the passage that________.A.the procedure of Somnoplasty takes place easily and costs lessB.the procedure of Somnoplasty is totally safeC.almost every snorer can be cured with SomnoplastyD.Dr. Bone earns at least $160,000 a year答案 A66.The fifth paragraph aims to tell us________.A.the causes of snoringB.the suffering of the treatmentC.the complexity of the treatmentD.the procedure of Somnoplasty答案 DDExposure to environmental tobacco smoke(ETS)―also called“second&hand smoke” and&& “passive smoking” contains over 4,000 chemicals,including over 50 known carcinogens (致癌物)and many poisonous things.No safe level of ETS exposure has been proved.Nor is there any expectation that further research will identify such a level.Several recent reviews have confirmed the serious risks to health and life associated with passive smoking.Long time exposure to second&hand smoke has been proved as a cause of many of the same diseases caused by active smoking,including lung cancer,cardiovascular(心脏血管的)disease,and childhood disease.Living with a smoker has been shown to increase the risk of coronary heart disease(冠心病)among non&smokers by 25-30% (a recent study indicates that this figure may actually be higher).There is also growing evidence that passive smoking is causally linked to stroke in non&smokers,although further research is needed to estimate the risk.Second&hand smoke is especially dangerous for young children and infants,being associated with sudden infant death,pneumonia,bronchitis(支气管炎),asthma(哮喘)and respiratory symptoms as well as middle ear disease.ETS exposure in pregnant women can cause lower birth weight,foetal (胎儿的)death and preterm delivery.Most of the adverse health outcomes brought about by ETS show that the risk increases steadily with increasing exposure.The level of individual risk is lower compared to active smoking.Nevertheless,the fact that large numbers of people are exposed results in a substantial burden of disease.Action on smoke&free environments would not& only protect people from the harm of ETS exposure but also contribute to the reduction of tobacco consumption in the whole population.The health effects of reduced passive and active smoking would include reduced illness and death from major disease types&in particular lung cancer,coronary heart disease,and stroke―and increased life expectancy.【解题导语】 ETS也就是二手烟含有很多的化学成分,特别是致癌物质,给人们带来了很大的危害。67.Which of the following statements is TRUE?A.Although ETS contains many harmful things,it is not unsafe.B.The fact that second&hand smoke is safe has been recently found.C.It is expected that further research will be done to test the level of ETS.D.By far the safe level of ETS has not been found and will not in the future.解析 细节理解题。根据文章第一段中“No safe level of ETS exposure has been proved.”可知应选D项。答案 D68.Cardiovascular disease can be caused by ________.A.long time passive smokingB.accidental active smokingC.occasional passive smokingD.short term active smoking解析 细节理解题。根据文章第二段第二句的内容可知,长期被动吸烟可以引起心脏血管疾病。答案 A69.According to the article,the statements about the risk of coronary heart disease are wrong EXCEPT that ________.A.if you smoke,the risk of this disease will increase by 25―30%B.the non&smokers exposed to smoke will increase the risk of this disease by 25―30%C.for the smokers,the risk of getting this disease is higher than that of the nonsmokersD.the non&smokers exposed to smoke will be more easily to get this disease than the smokers解析 细节理解题。由第三段第一句话“和吸烟者生活在一起会增加25%~30%得冠心病的可能性”可知,B项是正确的。答案 B70.What does the underlined word “delivery” mean?A.Transferring to another. &B.Giving birth.C.Throwing away. &D.Giving out.解析 词义理解题。第四段最后一句话意为:会导致怀孕妇女腹中胎儿重量减轻、死胎,进而猜测delivery的意思是生孩子。答案 B第二节(共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。I was having trouble with a bully(恃强凌弱者)at school once when I was younger.One day I eventually confided(吐露)my trouble to my grandmother.I told her that I was being bullied at school.She surprised me a little bit when she asked me what it was about.__71__She said she knew what it was about.She said it was because I hadn't done anything wrong and was simply being me.__72__ Why would I be bullied for not doing anything wrong?__73__I was sure that couldn't be right.We weren't very well off so I had second&hand clothes,simple shoes,etc.while the other person was always in the latest fashion and had new things.Then my grandmother explained that the jealousy(嫉妒)was not of material things but of what I carried inside―my“hidden gems”.My grandmother said that the bully was jealous that I had so many wonderful gems hidden inside of me.__74__When I was at school the next week,I had a whole different view of the bully.I think the pity must have shown in my eyes because the bullying stopped.__75__And it is,I think,of great help to them when they are& in such trouble.A.I fought with him bravely following my grandmother's advice.B.Hearing that made me feel sorry for the bully.C.This is the message that children need to hear to increase their confidence.D.I said that I really didn't know.E.What the bully did was completely wrong.F.I really didn't understand her.G.She said that the other person was jealous of me because of something he lacked.答案 71.D 72.F 73.G 74.B 75.C第四部分 写作(共两节,满分35分)第一节 短文改错(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改,请你修改你同桌写的以下。文中共有10处语言错误,每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写出该加的词。删除:把多余的词用斜线(\)划掉。修改:在错的词下画一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词。注意:1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词;2.只允许修改10处,多者(从第11处起)不计分。Senior three student will face the question after they pass by the college entrance examination.Should I choose a good major and a good university?Some students prefer to consider majors first so that they can learn what they are interested.It will also make it possibly for them to take their favorite jobs in the future.However,those who think differently believes that the environment is important to one's development.They also believe that students graduate from leading universities are often more likely to find good jobs.In my opinion,the best choice is to choose a good major at a good university.But if we can obtain both,the first thing to consider is a good major,because no matter where we& study,they can still achieve a lot in the certain field if we try our best.短文改错Senior three studentstudents will face the question after they pass by the college entrance examination.Should I choose a good major andor a good university?Some students prefer to consider majors first so that they can learn what they are interested ∧in.It will also make it possiblypossible for them to take their favorite jobs in the future.However,those who think differently believesbelieve that the environment is important to one's development.They also believe that students graduategraduating from leading universities are often more likely to find good jobs.In my opinion,the best choice is to choose a good major at a good university.But if we can ∧not obtain both,the first thing to consider is a good major,because no matter where we study,theywe can still achieve a lot in thea certain field if we try our best.第二节 书面表达(满分25分)为了丰富同学们的课外活动,校学生会决定组建自行车俱乐部(Cycling Club)。假如你是学生会主席,请根据以下提示,用英语准备一份口头通知。1.俱乐部的主要活动内容:每周一次的基础训练,有教师辅导,安排在课外体育活动时间;每月一次的户外活动,安排在月末双休日;同其他团体进行比赛;2.参加俱乐部的好处:(内容自拟,至少两点);3.注意事项:器材自备,活动免费;4.如何加入俱乐部(可以亲自到5号大楼6层602房间报名,也可以拨打电话:)注意:1.通知应包括以上所有信息,可适当发挥,具有一定的说服力。2.词数:100左右。开头与结尾已写好,不计入总词数。Good afternoon,everyone!In order to make our school life more colorful,...________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Don't wait.Join us now!Thank you!【参考范文】Good_&&&&&afternoon,everyone!In_order_to_make_our_school_life_more_colorful,the Students' Union has decided to set up a Cycling Club.Our Cycling Club will have a wide range of activities for members.We have basic training once a week,which will be instructed by teachers.It will be arranged during the time of after&class physical activities.There will also be an outdoor cycling trip at the last weekend of each month.And we will have some races with other teams if possible.We are sure it will be an ideal place for you to make more friends,to experience the excitement of discovery,and to keep fit.Besides,if you are suffering the stress from study,it will be a great chance to relax yourself.So,if you are interested in our club,just call us at ,or you can come to our club in Room 602,on the sixth floor,Building 5.By the way,you have to get the equipment ready by yourself,but the charge is free.Don't_wait.Join_us_now!Thank_you!文 章来源莲山 课件 w w w.5Y k J.C om
没有相关试题上一个试题: 下一个试题:
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?}

我要回帖

更多关于 party 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信