when you speak ill of othersleave behindd othe

拥有1个小站,订阅0个话题,关注10个小站
We always convince ourselves that life will be better after we get married, have a baby, than another. Then we are frustrated that the kids aren't old enough and we'll be more cont...&
We always convince ourselves that life will be better after we get married, have a baby, than another. Then we are frustrated that the kids aren't old enough and we'll be more content when they are. After that we're frustrated that we have teenagers to deal with. We will certainly be happy when they are out of that stage.我们总是说服自己,认为当我们结婚、生子后日子会过的更加舒心些。然后我们又被那些小鬼的不懂事搞得不顺心,当他们大了些后,情况会好些吧。当孩子到了青春期的时候,(有时)对于如何跟他们好好交流又会使我们很无措。我们都深信当他们过了那个年龄段后,事情就会有些转机。&We always tell ourselves that our life will be complete when our
gets his or her act together. When we get a nice car, and are able to go on a nice vocation when we retire. The truth is, there's no better time than right now. If not now, when? Our life will always be filled with challenges. It's best to admit this to ourselves and decide to be happy anyway.我们总是对自己说,当另一半有条理的过活时,(我们的)人生就会很圆满。当我们买了一台漂亮的车子后,我们认为可以在年老退休后开去度假。可事实上,再也没有比当下更好的时间段了,要不是现在这时,那么还能是什么时候呢?我们的人生满是各种神奇的未知数。不管怎么说,对你我而言,最好是承认活在当下里的意义然后及时&自己给自己找乐&。&One of my favorite quotes comes from Alfred Souza. He said, "for a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, someting to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life."我最看中一段尔弗雷德&苏泽说过的话。他说&一直以来,我感觉的是真正的生活就要来了。但是在前面总有些东西拦在那里,一些问题必须先被搞定后才能进行下一项,比如未完成的工作,(做事时)等着轮到自己的那段时间、等待着交钱的帐单。当这些事解决后你才能开始自己的一天。后来我才觉悟到解决这些生活琐事的时候就是我的人生。&&This perspective has helped me to see that there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So treasure every moment that you have.这样的想法使我认识到,幸福是没有方式去追求寻找的。因为寻找幸福的过程本身就是幸福。所以珍惜你所拥有的点点滴滴。&And remember that time waits for no one. So stop waiting until you finish school, until y until you get married, un until you g until you are born again to decide that there is no better time than right now to be happy&而且还要牢记时光不会等待垂青你我。于事莫等到你毕业之后、重返校园之时再去等待(幸福);莫身陷围城之中,来来往往,进进出出后才去等待(幸福);莫等到你膝下饶子、莫等到你老来归园、莫等到你了自己的新车、莫等到你乔迁新居、莫等到早春迟来、莫等到你重获新生后才认识到人生本是&莫待来日,及时行乐 &&&&Happiness is a journey, not a destination. So, work like you don't need money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one's watching.寻找幸福的过程本身就是幸福,这条路上没有终点站。那么,你就要像不愁薪水那般去工作;敞开心扉那般去欢爱;旁若无人那般去歌舞。
One day you finally knewwhat you had to do, and began,though the voices around youkeptshouting
their bad advice--有一天,你终于知道,什么是你必须得做,并开始去做,虽然你周围的声音,一直喊出,其各种糟糕的建议&&though the whol...&
One day you finally knewwhat you had to do, and began,though the voices around youkept&
their bad advice--有一天,你终于知道,什么是你必须得做,并开始去做,虽然你周围的声音,一直喊出,其各种糟糕的建议&&&&though the whole housebegan to trembleand you felt the old tugat your&.&&my life!&each voice cried.But you didn&t stop.You knew what you had to do,虽然整个房子,开始颤抖,你亦感到那条旧绳索,绊住了你的脚踝。&修补我的人生!&每个声音都在哭喊。但你并没停止。你知道什么是你必须得做的,&&though the wind&
with its&&fingersat the very foundationthough their&
was terrible.It was already lateenough, and a wild night,and the road full of fallen
&and stones.虽然风用它僵硬的手指,直往根基,撬捣,虽然它们的忧郁,着实可怕。天色,已经很晚,这是个疯狂的夜晚,路上满是倒下的,断枝和石头。&&But little by little,as you left their voices behind,the stars began to burnthrough the sheets of cloudsand there was a new voicewhich you slowlyrecognized as your own,that kept you companyas you strode deeper and deeperinto the world,
&to dothe only thing you could do--determined to savethe only life you could save.但渐渐地,当你将它们的声音抛在身后,星星开始穿透云层,散发光辉,一个新的声音出现了,你慢慢,意识到,那是你自己的声音,它伴随着你,伴你步步,深入世途,决心去做,你唯一能做的事&&决定去拯救,你唯一能拯救的生命。
世界上最遥远的距离
The farthest distance way in the world
世界上最遥远的距离
The farthest distance way in the world
  不是生与死的距离
is not the way from birth to the end.
I am a kind wordutteredand repeatedBy the voice of NI am a star fallen from theBlue tent upon the greencarpet.I am the daughter of the elementsWith whom WTo wh...&
I am a kind word&&and repeatedBy the voice of NI am a star fallen from theBlue tent upon the green&.I am the daughter of the elementsWith whom Winter&;To whom S I wasReared in the lap of Summer and ISlept in the bed of Autumn.我是大自然亲切的话语,说出去,又反复细念;我是一颗星星,从蓝色苍穹坠落绿毯之中。我是诸元素之女:冬天将我孕育;春天使我绽放;夏天让我成长;秋天令我安睡。&&At dawn I unite with the breezeTo announceAt&&I join the birdsIn bidding the light farewell.清早,我同晨风一道宣告光明的到来;傍晚,我又与群鸟一起为它的远去告别。&&The plains are decorated withMy beautiful color and the airIs scented with my&.我在原野上摇曳,使风光更加旖旎;我在清风中呼吸,使气息芬芳馥郁。&&As I embrace Slumber the eyes ofNight watch over me, and as IAwaken I stare at the sun, which isThe only eye of the day.我微睡时,夜空数双眼睛对我凝望;我醒来时,白昼的独眸向我注视。&&I drink dew for wine, and hearken toThe voices of the bird and danceTo the&&swaying of the grass.我饮着朝露酿成的琼浆;听着小鸟的鸣啭歌唱;就着芳草的摇曳婆娑起舞。&&I am the lover' I aI am the memory of aI am the last gift of thI am a part of joy and a part of sorrow.我是爱人间的赠礼;我是婚礼的冠冕;我是片刻欢愉的记忆;我是生者予死者最后的祭献;我是一半欢乐,一半忧伤。&&But I look up high to see only the light,And never look down to see my shadow.This is wisdom which man must learn.而我仰望高空,只因对光明神往;我从不顾影自怜,也不孤芳自赏。而这些智慧,人类尚未得以领会。
The Greek myth of Ariadne offers hope to all who have felt thestingof love rejected. It tells oftriumphafter defeat, of sweetest success after the harshest sorrow.在希腊神话中,阿里阿德涅的故事足以...&
The Greek myth of Ariadne offers hope to all who have felt the&&of love rejected. It tells of&&after defeat, of sweetest success after the harshest sorrow.在希腊神话中,阿里阿德涅的故事足以让全天下所有爱意被拒的痴男怨女们打心里升起新的希望。它说明了什么是否极泰来&&即使是经历了最痛苦的悲伤,一样能迎来最甜蜜的结果。&&Princess Ariadne, daughter of King Minos of Crete, helped Theseus slay her monstrous half-brother, known as the Minotaur, by teaching him to use a golden thread as a path within the labyrinth where the Minotaur lived. Deep within that dark maze where no man or woman had ever survived the Minotaur&s&, Theseus killed the monster, then followed the gold thread to freedom. When he emerged triumphant from the labyrinth, Theseus claimed Ariadne for his own. They escaped from Crete upon a waiting ship, running from crowds of citizens angered by Theseus&s murder of their half-bull,half-human prince.阿里阿德涅公主是克里特岛国王米诺斯的女儿,她为了帮助自己的心上人&&英雄忒修斯,教他用一个金线团带路走出了半人半牛的怪物弥诺陶洛斯居住的迷宫。忒修斯把这个残暴的怪物杀死了,而这个怪物却是阿里阿德涅同母异父的哥哥。在那个黑暗的迷宫深处,从来没有任何人能从弥诺陶洛斯的血口下生还,而忒修斯不仅杀死了怪物,还在金线团的指引下走出了迷宫赢得了自由。当忒修斯成功地重新出现在迷宫之外时,他声称要娶阿里阿德涅为妻。由于当地的民众因为忒修斯杀死了他们半人半牛的王子而非常愤怒,于是他们乘坐一条等候已久的船逃出了克里特岛。&&As they sailed the world, Ariadne was certain she had won the heart of the hero in return for her&, her loyalty, and her love. After all, she had betrayed those closest to her to save Theseus. When Theseus finally brought their ship to the&island of Naxos, Ariadne thought they would live there forever in bliss. Instead, he abandoned her upon the island, sailing off without an apology. Such was her thanks for saving him.当他们的船四处航行时,阿里阿德涅坚信她已经赢得了英雄的心,他会回报她的才智、她的忠诚以及她的爱情。毕竟,为了救忒修斯,她不惜众叛亲离。当忒修斯的船最终到达一座遥远的岛屿纳克索斯岛时,阿里阿德涅以为他们将永远定居在这里,白头偕老。然而,忒修斯却把她抛弃在了岛上,连声道歉都没有说就开船走了。这就是他对她救命之恩的答谢。&&Alone, Ariadne forgot her triumph as the&&of the&. She was Ariadne the forsaken, Ariadne the foolish, rather than Ariadne the beloved of Theseus. At first, the heartbroken princess wept. Then she thought of killing herself out of shame and sorrow. But the Muses took pity upon Ariadne. They&&around the poor girl as soft as winds, and whispered into her ear of a worthier love and a loftier fate. This made no sense to the girl, for she could not see beyond her&&by Theseus.阿里阿德涅独自一人在岛上,忘记了她在迷宫之战中取得的胜利。她从忒修斯心爱的阿里阿德涅沦落成了被抛弃的阿里阿德涅,愚蠢的阿里阿德涅。刚开始,这个心碎的公主流尽了眼泪。接着,她想用自杀来结束耻辱和悲痛。然而缪斯女神们对她动了恻隐之心。她们在这个可怜的女孩周围像风一样轻柔地盘旋着,对她轻声细语,告诉她还会有一段更值得守候的爱情和更高贵的命运。然而这些言语对这个可怜的女孩来说都没什么用,因为她还走不出被忒修斯抛弃的悲伤。&&But soon Ariadne saw a bronze chariot appear on the horizon. The Muses whispered it held a new bridegroom for Ariadne, the man she was fated to love. As the chariot drew closer, Ariadne saw it was draped in vines and&&of ripe grapes--for this chariot was driven by Dionysus, god of divine intoxication, who loved Ariadne for her passionate bravery and loyalty.可是不久,阿里阿德涅就看到了一辆青铜色的马车出现在地平线上。缪斯女神们轻声告诉她,车上坐着的就是她未来的新郎,她命中注定应该爱的人。马车越来越近了,阿里阿德涅看到车上挂满了葡萄藤和一串串成熟的葡萄&&原来车上坐的是非凡的酒神和狂欢之神狄奥尼索斯。他非常爱慕阿里阿德涅的火一般的勇气和忠诚。&&Ariadne&s heart was immediately healed by Dionysus&s admiration and loving embrace. She soon forgot about Theseus and accepted her happy fate. Dionysus and Ariadne were wed. Made a goddess by love, Ariadne lived forever with her immortal husband in ecstatic triumph.阿里阿德涅的心伤在狄奥尼索斯的赞美和浓浓爱意的包围中很快就痊愈了。不久她就忘记了忒修斯,接受了自己更幸福的命运。狄奥尼索斯和阿里阿德涅结婚了。在爱的力量下,阿里阿德涅成为了女神,并在喜悦与幸福中与她不朽的丈夫永远生活在一起。
A man is known by the company he keeps they say. If it is so,then everyone is bound to have theirbaggageof loneliness with them ascompanions.loneliness is not something that doesn'...&
A man is known by the company he keeps they say. If it is so,then everyone is bound to have their&&of loneliness with them as&.loneliness is not something that doesn't exist at all with any human being on earth.Every human being feels lonely in his life at some point or other. It's but&&to have such feeling ,because that's what makes us all human and that is why we are as we are now.他们说人总是通过他身边的同伴为人所知的。如果是这样的话,每个人都注定与孤独为伴。孤独感是每个人都会有的,都会在某个时候,感到孤独,这是非常自然的。因为孤独感令我们成为人,并令我们成为现在的我们。&&If we shed some light on why we feel aloof or lonely at times, we would be very much astonished or even probably surprised by the results. We ourselves are responsible for our selfdefined&. This is because at times we really feel that we are uncared for or feel someone doesn't understand us.如果我们留心思考为什么我们有的时候会觉得高处不胜寒或孤独时,我们会对分析的结果感到非常吃惊。我们自己应该对我们自己所定义的忧郁负责任。因为有的时候,我们真的觉得我们被忽视或者不被理解。&&Sometimes we over analyze real life situations and have this growing sense of self pity inside us. This feeling always gives us thoughts which picturise us always receiving the wrong end of the stick in life.The truth might not always be true if we touch our heart and see. Its just that our expectations in life and from people around us or circumstances that we are facing,have got the better of us. Expectation is the silent killer which murders millions of mushy and time tested relationships. If there would have been no expectations from anyone, the world would have been a much better place to be. If there would have been no expectations,not many people would have had an aching heart and a life long grouse against there would have been better haves.If it wouldn't have been for unreasonable expectations not many couples would have divorced each other.有的时候我们过度地分析了真实的情况,这令我们自己产生了自己怜悯自己的感觉。这种感觉经常会给我们错觉,如果我们扪心自问,真相并不总是真的,它们只是我们对身边人和环境过高的期待。期待是一个沉默的杀手,谋杀了无数亲密的和经过时间考验的关系。如果每个人都不去期待,这个世界将会变得更好。如果没有期待,就不会有那么多人感到心痛,而对于有些人,一生的埋怨也就不会那么长了。如果没有那些不切实际的期待,也就不会有那么多夫妻离婚了。&&How to come out of expectations them? Good question. The answer is when you give something, don't expect anything in return. When our mother gave birth to us, she never expected that we will give birth to her.She has just fulfilled her desire to raise a family and live for them. In the same way, let our actions make us live for our self and let not expectation screw up the major&&of your lives. Let us have the freedom and will power to express our love, affection and longingness for people whenever we feel. Let us not&&our freedom of expression just because he or she is not responding the way we want them to.那么怎样才能跳出期待呢?好问题。答案是,当我们给予的时候,不要期待任何报答。我们的妈妈给予我们生命,决没有期望我们也给予她生命。她仅仅是完成了她拥有一个家庭并为之而活的理想。同样,让我们为自己而活,不要让期待成为你生命的大部分。让我们自由地表达我们的爱,感动和渴望。当别人没有像我们期待的那样回应,我们也不要失去表达感情的自由。&&Well all in all a little bit of loneliness is good for a self-analysis to keep a check over your actions. Introspection always makes you communicate with the inner self, but too much of&&can make you&&the altitude of self pity. So show&&at the right time.当然,总的来说,一点点的孤独对一个人审视自己的行为是有好处的。自省总是会使你与你的心灵有所交流。但是过度的自省,会使我们总感觉遗憾,因此,还是适而可止的好。
She was dancing. My crippled grandmother was dancing. I stood in the living roomdoorwayabsolutely stunned. I glanced at the kitchen table and sure enough-right under a small, frame...&
She was dancing. My crippled grandmother was dancing. I stood in the living room&absolutely stunned. I glanced at the kitchen table and sure enough-right under a small, framed drawing on the wall-was a&&baked peach pie.她在跳舞。我那身有残疾的祖母居然在跳舞。我站在客厅的门口,被彻底惊呆了。我扫了一眼厨房的餐桌,果不其然,在餐桌上&&墙上那幅小小的镶框画像的正下方&&有一块新鲜出炉的烤蜜桃派。&&I heard her sing when I opened the door but did not want to interrupt the beautiful song by yelling I had arrived, so I just tiptoed to the living room. I looked at how her still-lean body bent beautifully, her arms greeting the sunlight that was pouring through the window. And her legs& Those legs that had&&walked, aided with a cane,&shoes as long as I could remember. Now she was wearing beautiful dancing shoes and her legs obeyed her perfectly. No limping. No stiffness. Just beautiful, fluid motion. She was the pet of the dancing world. And then she&d had her accident and it was all over. I had read that in an old newspaper clipping.当我推门进屋的时候,我听到了她在唱歌,但我不想大喊自己回来了,不想打断那美妙的歌声,于是我踮着脚尖走到客厅。我看着她那依然消瘦的身体优雅地弯下,她的手臂迎向从窗口倾泻而入的阳光。而她的腿&&自我能记事以来,她总是拄着拐杖,穿着便鞋,走起路来腿脚僵硬。可现在,她正穿着美丽的舞鞋,而她的双腿完全听从着她的支配。不再蹒跚,不再僵硬。只有优美、流畅的动作。她曾是舞蹈界的宠儿。可是后来她遭遇了一场意外,舞蹈生涯因此而结束。我是从一张老旧的剪报中读到这个的。&&She turned around in a slow&&and saw me standing in the doorway. Her song ended, and her beautiful movements with it, so abruptly that it felt like being shaken awake from a beautiful dream. The sudden silence rang in my ears. Grandma looked so much like a kid caught with her hand in a cookie jar that I couldn&t help myself, and a slightly nervous laughter escaped. Grandma sighed and turned towards the kitchen. I followed her, not believing my eyes. She was walking with no difficulties in her beautiful shoes. We sat down by the table and cut ourselves big pieces of her delicious peach pie.她缓缓地转身做了一个足尖旋转,见到我站在门口。她的歌声嘎然而止,还有她那优美的动作,一切停止得如此突然,感觉像是从一场美梦中被人摇醒了。突如其来的寂静冲击着我的耳朵。祖母看起来很像是一个伸手从饼干罐里偷吃却被抓了个正着的小孩,我不禁发出了一阵略带一丝紧张的大笑。祖母叹了口气,转身走向厨房。我跟在她身后,还是不敢相信自己的眼睛。她穿着那双美丽的舞鞋,行走自如。我们坐在了桌边,从她那美味的蜜桃派中切出了大大的几块,俩人一起吃。&&&So&& I blurted, &How did your leg heal?&&那么&&&我脱口而出道,&你的腿是怎么好了的?&&&&To tell you the truth&my legs have been well all my life,& she said.&跟你说实话吧&&我的腿一直都挺好的,&她说。&&&But I don&t understand!& I said, &Your dancing career& I mean& You pretended all these years?&可是我不明白!&我说,&你的舞蹈事业&&我是说&&难道这些年来你一直在假装?&&&&Very much so,& Grandmother closed her eyes and&&the peach pie, &And for a very good reason.&&的确如此,&祖母闭上眼睛,品尝着蜜桃派,&而且是因为一个非常好的理由。&&&&What reason?&&什么理由?&&&&Your grandfather.&&你的祖父。&&&&You mean he told you not to dance?&&你是说,他让你不要再跳舞了?&&&&No, this was my choice. I am sure I would have lost him if I had continued dancing. I weighed fame and love against each other and love won.&&不,这是我自己的选择。我确信如果我再继续跳舞的话,我就会失去他了。我权衡名利和爱情孰轻孰重之后,选择了爱情。&&&She thought for a while and then continued. &We were talking about engagement when your grandfather had to go to war. It was the most horrible day of my life when he left. I was so afraid of losing him, the only way I could stay sane was to dance. I put all my energy and time into practicing&and I became very good. Critics praised me, the public loved me, but all I could feel was the ache in my heart, not knowing whether the love of my life would ever return. Then I went home and read and re-read his letters until I fell asleep. He always ended his letters with &You are my Joy. I love you with my life& and after that he wrote his name. And then one day a letter came. There were only three sentences: &I have lost my leg. I am no longer a whole man and now give you back your freedom. It is best you forget about me.&&她想了一下,然后接着说道:&当你祖父不得不去从军参战的时候,我们已经到了谈婚论嫁的阶段了。他离开的那段日子是我一生中度过的最可怕的时期。我很害怕会失去他,能让我不至于疯掉的唯一方法就是跳舞。我把我所有的精力和时间都投入到了练习之中,于是我成为了很棒的舞者。评论家对我好评连连,公众对我钟情有嘉,可我唯一能感觉到的却是我心中的痛,因为不知道我一生的挚爱是否能平安归来。然后我回到家里,一遍又一遍地读着他的来信,直到睡去。他总是在信的结尾写着:&你才是我的幸福。爱你一生。&然后才是他的签名。但有一天我又收到了他的来信。信中只有三句话:&我失去了一条腿。我不再是一个完整的人了,所以现在我将自由归还给你。你最好还是把我忘掉吧。&&&&&I made my decision there and then. I took my leave, and traveled away from the city. When I returned I had bought myself a cane and&&my leg tightly with bandages. I told everyone I had been in a car crash and that my leg would never completely heal again. My dancing days were over. No one suspected the story&I had learned to limp convincingly before I returned home. And I made sure the first person to hear of my accident was a reporter I knew well. Then I traveled to the hospital. They had pushed your grandfather outside in his&. There was a cane on the ground by his wheelchair. I took a deep breath, leaned on my cane and limped to him. &&于是我立刻做出了决定。我向众人告别,离开了这个城市。当我再度归来的时候,我为自己买了一副拐杖,并用绷带把我的腿包得紧紧的。我告诉每一个人,说我遭遇了一场车祸,我的腿再也不可能完全复原了。我的舞蹈生涯就此结束了。没有人怀疑这个故事&&我在回家之前已经学会如何惟妙惟肖地跛行。我确保第一个听说我出车祸的是一位我熟知的记者。接着我来到了你祖父所在的医院。他们用轮椅把他推了出来。在他轮椅旁边的地上有一副拐杖。我深深吸了一口气,靠在我的拐杖上,一瘸一拐地向他走去。&&&By now I had forgotten about the pie and listened to grandma, mesmerized. &What happened then?& I hurried her when she took her time eating some pie.此刻,我已经忘记了那块蜜桃派,入迷地听着祖母说话。&然后发生了什么事情呢?&当她停下来吃了几口派时,我追问道。&&&I told him he was not the only one who had lost a leg, even if mine was still attached to me. I showed him newspaper clippings of my accident. &So if you think I&m going to let you feel sorry for yourself for the rest of your life, think again. There is a whole life waiting for us out there! I don&t intend to be sorry for myself. But I have enough on my plate as it is, so you&d better&&out of it too. And I am not going to carry you-you are going to walk yourself.&& Grandma giggled, a surprisingly&&sound coming from an old lady with white hair.&我告诉他,他并不是唯一失去了一条腿的人,尽管我的腿没给截掉。我给他看了关于我发生车祸的剪报。&所以,如果你觉得我会让你在余生自怨自艾,想都别想。在外面还有全新的生活在等待着我们!我不打算为此而顾影自怜。而眼下我要做的事情已经够多的了,所以你最好也赶紧给我振作起来。而且你可别想我会背你&&你要自己向前走。&&祖母咯咯地笑着,这位满头银发的老妇人令人吃惊地发出了少女般的笑声。&&&I limped a few steps toward him and showed him what I&d taken out of my pocket. &Now show me you are still a man,& I said, &I won&t ask again.& He bent to take his cane from the ground and&&out of that wheelchair. I could see he had not done it before, because he almost fell on his face, having only one leg. But I was not going to help. And so he managed it on his own and walked to me and never sat in a wheelchair again in his life.&&我一瘸一拐地走开了几步,然后让他看我从口袋里掏出的一样东西。&现在让我看看,你还是个男子汉。我可不会说第二次。&他弯下腰从地上拿起他的拐杖,挣扎着从那副轮椅中站出来。可以看得出他之前从未这样做过,现在只有一条腿的他差点扑倒在地。但我没打算帮他。接着他设法自己站稳了,向我走来,而且在他的后半生里再也没有坐回到轮椅上。&&&&What did you show him?& I had to know. Grandma looked at me and grinned. &Two engagement rings, of course. I had bought them the day after he left for the war and I was not going to waste them on any other man.&&你给他看了什么东西呢?&我一定要知道。祖母看着我咧嘴而笑,说道:&当然是一对订婚戒指了。在他从军参战的第二天我就买了这对戒指,我可不想把戒指浪费在任何其他男人身上。&&&I looked at the drawing on the kitchen wall, sketched by my grandfather&s hand so many years before. The picture became distorted as tears filled my eyes. &You are my Joy. I love you with my life.& I&&quietly. The young woman in the drawing sat on her park bench and with&&eyes smiled&&at me, an engagement ring carefully drawn on her finger.我看着厨房墙壁上的那幅画像,那是多年前我祖父亲手绘就的。我眼中满含泪水,眼前的画像变得模糊起来。&你才是我的幸福。爱你一生。&我轻声低语道。画像中的年轻女人坐在公园长椅上,眼神清亮,笑容可掬地看着我,她的手指上被精心地画有一枚订婚戒指。
Life is like a train ride. We get on. We ride. We get off. We get back on and ride some more. There are accidents and there are delays. At certain stops there are surprises. Some o...&
Life is like a train ride. We get on. We ride. We get off. We get back on and ride some more. There are accidents and there are delays. At certain stops there are surprises. Some of these will translate into
some will result in profound sorrow.人生就如一趟火车之旅。我们上车,前进,下车。接着,我们又回到火车上,再乘坐几程。这当中会有意外发生,也会出现延误的情况。在某些站点,我们会遇上令人惊异之事,或会化作喜悦时刻,或会以刻骨悲痛收场。&When we are born and we first board the train, we meet people whom we think will be with us for the
journey. Those people are our parents! Sadly, this is far from the truth. Our parents are with us for as long as we
need them. They, too, have journeys they must complete. We live on with the memories of their love, , friendship, guidance and their constant presence.出生后,第一次踏上火车时,我们会遇见一些我们自以为将陪伴我们走完整个旅程的人,那就是我们的父母!令人难过的是,事实远不是如此。在我们的确需要我们的父母时,他们会在我们身边。但他们也有他们必须完成的旅程。带着他们的爱、深情、友谊、指引和时刻相伴的这些记忆,我们继续着自己的生活。&There are others who board the train and who eventually become very important to us, in turn. These people are our brothers, sisters, friends and acquaintances, whom we will learn to love, and .还有些登上火车的人最终会成为对于我们至关重要的人。这些人就是我们的兄弟、姐妹、朋友和熟人,我们将学着去爱他们,去珍惜他们。&Some people consider their journey like a jaunty tour. They will just go
along. Others will encounter many upsets, tears and losses on their journey. Others still, will linger on to offer a helping hand to anyone in need.有些人把他们的人生看作是一次无忧无虑的旅程,他们一路上都会快乐前行。另一些人会在他们的旅程中遇上许多烦心的事,泪流连连,每每失落。另一些人则会驻足停留,向任何需要帮助的人伸出援手。&Some people on the train will leave an everlasting impression when they get off. Some will get on and get off the train so quickly, they will
leave a sign that they ever travelled along with you or ever crossed your path.火车上的一些人下了车,还会让你久久难忘。一些人匆匆上车又匆匆下车,几乎没留下任何曾和你一同走过一段旅程抑或曾遇上你的痕迹。&We will sometimes be upset that some passengers, whom we love, will choose to sit in another compartment and leave us to travel on our own. Then again, there&s nothing that says we can&t seek them out anyway. Nevertheless, once sought out and found, we may not even be able to sit next to them because that seat will already be taken.有时,当我们所爱之人选择坐在另一节车厢里,留我们独自旅行时,我们会感到心烦意乱。但话说回来,也没规定说我们不能主动去找他们。然而,一旦找到,我们却会发现,自己也许已不能坐在他们身旁了,因为那个位置已被别人占了。&That&s okay &everyone&s journey will be filled with hopes, dreams, challenges, setbacks and goodbyes.没关系&&每个人的旅程都将充满希望、梦想、挑战、挫折和离别。&We must
to make the best of it& no matter what. We must constantly strive to understand our travel companions and look for the best in everyone.无论如何,我们必须努力使我们的人生之旅过得充实精彩。我们必须不断努力去理解我们的旅伴,从他们每个人身上发掘最亮的闪光点。&Remember that at any moment during our journey, any one of our travel companions can have a weak moment and be in need of our help. We, too, may vacillate or hesitate, even trip. Hopefully, we can count on someone being there to be supportive and understanding&记住,在旅程中的任何时刻,我们的任何一位旅伴都可能有脆弱的时候,并需要我们的帮助。我们也会有犹豫不决、迟疑,甚至跌倒的时候。只是希望我们能依靠身边的人给予我们支持和理解&&&The bigger mystery of our journey is that we don&t know when our last stop will come. Neither do we know when our travel companions will make their last stop. Not even those sitting in the seat next to us. Personally, I know I&ll be sad to make my final stop& I&m sure of it! My separation from all those friends and acquaintances I made during the train ride will be painful. Leaving all those I&m close to will be a sad thing. But then again, I&m certain that one day I&ll get to the main station only to meet up with everyone else. They&ll all be carrying their , most of which they didn&t have when they first got on this train.我们的旅途较为神秘之处在于,我们不知道我们何时到达人生的最后一站,也不清楚我们的旅伴,甚至是那些就坐在我们身旁的人何时走完他们的最后一程。就我个人而言,我知道走最后一程时,我会悲伤&&这点我很肯定!和所有在旅程中遇见的朋友和熟人分别,我会很痛苦。离开所有我亲近的人是件让人难过的事。但话说回来,总有一天,我会到达中心车站,和其他所有人会合。他们都会提着各自的行李,而其中大部分行李是他们初次踏上这列火车时不曾有的。&I&ll be glad to see them again. I&ll also be glad to have contributed to their baggage and to have enriched their lives, just as much as they will have contributed to my baggage and enriched my life.再次见到他们,我会很高兴。自己曾作为部分记忆被装进他们的行李箱,丰富了他们的人生,就像他们曾作为部分记忆被装进我的行李箱,丰富了我的人生一样,对此,我会感到开心。&We&re all on this train ride together. Above all, we should all try to strive to make the ride as pleasant and
as we can, right up until we each make the final stop and leave the train for the last time.我们所有人一起乘坐着这趟火车。最重要的是,我们都应该尽可能地使我们的人生之旅过得愉快而难忘,直到我们每个人都抵达最后一个站,最后一次走下火车。&All aboard!乘客全部到齐!&Safe journey!!一路平安!!&BON VOYAGE!旅途愉快!
Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born. So one day he asked God, &They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small an...&
Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born. So one day he asked God, "They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?"从前,有个孩子马上就要诞生了。于是有一天他问上帝:&听说明天您就送我去人间了,但是,我这么弱小和无助,我在那儿怎么生活呢?&&&God replied, "Among the many angels, I chose one for you. She will be waiting for you and will take care of you."上帝答道:&在众多的天使中,我特别为你挑了一位。她会守候你,无微不至地照顾你。&&&But the child wasn't sure he really wanted to go. "But tell me, here in Heaven, I don't do anything else but sing and smile, that's enough for me to be happy."小孩还是拿不准自己是否真的想去:&但是在天堂,我除了唱唱笑笑外,什么也不做,这就足以让我感到幸福了。&&&"Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you every day. And you will feel your angel's love and be happy."&你的天使每天会为你唱歌,为你微笑。你会感受她的爱,并且因此而幸福。&&&"And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me," the child continued, "If I don't know the&&that men talk?"&如果我不懂人类的语言,他们对我说话时,我怎么听得懂呢?&孩子继续问道。&&God patted him on the head and said, "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much&&and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."上帝轻轻地拍了一下孩子的脑袋说:&你的天使会对你说最最美丽、最最动听的话语,而这些都是你从未听过的。她会不厌其烦地教你说话。&&&"And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"&如果我想与你说话怎么办?&&&But God had an answer for that question too. "Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray."上帝胸有成竹地回答:&你的天使会将你的双手合拢,教你如何祈祷。&&&"I've heard that on earth there are bad men, who will protect me?"&听说尘世有很多坏蛋,谁来保护我呢?&&&"Your angel will defend you even if it means&&her life!"&即使冒着生命危险,你的天使也会保护你的。&&&"But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore," the child continued warily.&但是见不到你,我会难过的。&小孩小心翼翼说道。&&God smiled on the young one. "Your angel will always talk to you about me and will teach you the way for you to come back to me, even&&I will always be next to you." 听到这儿,上帝对着小孩笑了。&尽管我会一直陪伴你左右,你的天使仍会提起我,教你重返天堂之路。&&&At that moment there was much peace in&, but voices from earth could already be heard. The child knew he had to start on his journey very soon. He asked God one more question,&, "Oh God, if I am about to leave now, please tell me my angel's name."此时,天堂一片宁静,凡间的声音已可听到,小孩明白自己得赶紧上路了。他又轻声问了最后一个问题:&哦,上帝,假如我现在就出发,请你告诉我,我的天使叫什么名字?&&&God touched the child on the shoulder and answered, "Your angel's name is not hard to remember. You will&&call her Mommy."上帝把手放在小孩的肩上,答道:&你的天使的名字很容易记住,你就叫她--妈妈。&
Consider...YOU. In all time before now and in all time to come, there has never been and will never be anyone just like you. You are unique in the entire history and future of the ...&
Consider...YOU. In all time before now and in all time to come, there has never been and will never be anyone just like you. You are unique in the entire history and future of the universe. Wow! Stop and think about that. You're better than one in a million, or a billion, or a gazillion.试想一下&&你!一个空前绝后的你,不论是以往还是将来都不会有一个跟你一模一样的人。你在历史上和宇宙中都是独一无二的。哇!想想吧,你是万里挑一、亿里挑一、兆里挑一的。
You are the only one like you in a sea of infinity!在无穷无尽的宇宙中,你是举世无双的!
You're amazing! You're&! And by the way, TAG, you're it. As amazing and&as you already are, you can be even more so. Beautiful young people are the&of nature, but beautiful old people are true works of art. But you don't become "beautiful" just by virtue of the aging process.你是了不起的!你是卓越的!没错,就是你。你已经是了不起的,是卓越的,你还可以更卓越更了不起。美丽的年轻人是大自然的奇想,而美丽的老人却是艺术的杰作。但你不会因为年龄的渐长就自然而然地变得&美丽&。
Real beauty comes from learning, growing, and loving in the ways of life. That is the Art of Life. You can learn slowly, and sometimes painfully, by just waiting for life to happen to you. Or you can choose to&&your growth and intentionally devour life and all it offers. You are the artist that paints your future with the&&of today.真正的美丽源于生命里的学习、成长和热爱。这就是生命的艺术。你可以只听天由命, 慢慢地学,有时候或许会很痛苦。又或许你可以选择加速自己的成长,故意地挥霍生活及其提供的一切。你就是手握今日之刷描绘自己未来的艺术家。
Paint a&.画出一幅杰作吧!
God gives every bird its food, but he doesn't throw it into its nest. Wherever you want to go, whatever you want to do, it's truly up to you.上帝给了鸟儿食物,但他没有将食物扔到它们的巢里。不管你想要去哪里,不管你想要做什么,真正做决定的还是你自己。
My morning routine varies little from day to day. I walk the dog, eat breakfast at the kitchen counter with Katie and Matt, then settle in for a day at the computer. And because I ...&
My morning routine varies little from day to day. I walk the dog, eat breakfast at the kitchen counter with Katie and Matt, then settle in for a day at the computer. And because I work mostly from home, I have learned that little&&into the outside world are&&for psychological well-being. So before I begin attempting to put sentences together, I stroll over to a quirky little coffee shop in my neighborhood, chat with the folks behind the counter, and get a large coffee to go. No sugar. No cream.每天早上,我都要做这样几件事:遛一阵小狗,坐在厨房餐桌前陪妻子卡蒂和儿子马特吃早餐,然后对着电脑,一头扎进写作天地中。天天如是,无甚变化。由于主要在家里工作,我很明白时不时到外边的世界&闯荡&一下对自己保持良好的心态有多么重要。因此,在推敲词句着笔成文之前,我会散步去附近一间风格奇特的小咖啡店,和店里的伙计们聊聊天,然后带回一大杯咖啡&&不加糖、不加奶的那一种。&&The coffee shop is on the other side of the historic Chesapeake & Ohio Canal from my house. In season, a mule-drawn barge is&&there, and tourists line up to take a slow boat, if not to [en]China, at least into the 19th century. The men who work the boat wear what&&workers might have worn back then-broad-&straw hats and suspenders that pull their scratchy-looking pants high above their boots.离我家不远的地方就是历史悠久的切萨皮克&俄亥俄运河,那间小咖啡店就座落在运河对岸。每逢旺季,便有一条用骡子拖拽的驳船停靠在河边,游客们会排起长队等着乘坐一艘慢悠悠的小船,即使不像驶往古老的中国,至少也像是要驶回19世纪的昔日时光。船上的工人穿着只有当年运河船工们才有的行头:宽边草帽和吊带裤。那吊带把他们那看起来粗糙的裤子高高吊起,露出他们的靴子。&&One warm day last fall, I was on my morning outing when I turned the corner to see one of the men sitting alone on the boat, bathed in early-morning light. He was playing a tiny, the kind such canal men squeezed as they floated down the inland waterways of a westward-expanding America. The sound was both melancholy and sweet. It was as if he were alone in the universe. The scene stopped me in my tracks. What I witnessed could only be described as a perfect moment. Ten seconds at most. But months later I still remember just standing there, watching, listening, taking it all in.去年秋天里的一天,风和日丽,我还和平常一样一早外出溜达。刚转过街口,我一眼就看见那条船。船上没有别人,只有一个船工静静地坐着,沐浴着晨曦。他正在船上拉着小手风琴。当年的运河船工正是这样,抚琴驾舟,沿着这条古老的内陆河道向美国西部航行。琴声忧郁而甜美,仿佛整个宇宙只有他一人。此情此景,令我情不自禁停了下来。我所看到的这个情景只能用&完美时刻&来描述!不过十秒的时光。可数月后,我仍清楚地记得当时自己就站在那里,注视着,倾听着,把一切都刻印在脑海中。&&We all have such moments put before us. Little surprises. Whether we&re wise enough to see them is another thing.我们都曾经历过类似的时刻。小小的惊喜。不过,我们是否都具有发现这种瞬间之美的智慧,则是另外一回事。&&I thought of the accordion man Sunday afternoon while reading the biographies of those killed in the Columbia tragedy. Mission&&Laurel Clark, talking from the shuttle a few days before it was to land, said she was delighted by the simple unexpected wonders of space. Like a sunset. &There& the whole payload bay turns this rosy pink,& she said. &It only lasts about 15 second and then it&s gone. It&s very ethereal and extremely beautiful.& A moment not lost on her.一个周日的下午,当我阅读有关哥伦比亚号航天飞机事故中丧生的宇航员的传记时,我的脑海中又浮现出那个船工在演奏手风琴的情景。执行那次飞行任务的女专家劳雷尔&克拉克,在哥伦比亚号着陆前的几天,曾从飞船上发回讲话,她说能有幸看见太空中那些意想不到的自然奇观令她非常开心。比如日落。&有一道闪光,整个有效载荷舱被晕染成了玫瑰红,&她说,&这仅仅持续了15秒就消失了。过程神奇非凡且美艳绝伦。&她没有错过这一瞬间。&&In The Hour Meryl Streep and Ed Harris recall a moment they shared years before at a beach house on Cape Cod. It was nothing more than him watching her walk out into the early-morning light. But for that moment, everything was right with their world, everything was possible, everything aligned. They agreed it was the happiest they had ever been.在电影《时时刻刻》里,梅丽尔&斯特里普和埃德&哈里斯回忆起多年前他们俩在科德角上的那间沙滩小屋里共度的时光。也就是他看着她走出小屋,走进晨曦的一幕。就在那一刻,在他们的两人世界里,一切都正好,一切都变得可能,处处是生机。他们都认为,那是他们一生中最幸福的时刻。&&And in last month&s issue of her magazine, Oprah Winfrey confessed to a &moment& she had last summer. It was a walk down a Santa Barbara lane, a&&and the smell of orange&. She said it was one of those rare times she could say she was truly happy.奥普拉&温弗瑞在她上个月出刊的杂志中提到,去年夏天她也有过一次美妙的&时刻&。那一刻她正走在圣巴巴拉市的一条小巷子里,猛然间看见一只蜂鸟,和着一阵扑面而来的橘子花香。她说,这是她一生中难得的几次让她真正感到幸福的时刻之一。&&I once had a friend who had an odd habit that never ceased to amuse me, maybe because I never quite knew when she was going to spring it on me. It could be while sitting quietly at the end of a dock on Schroon Lake in the Adirondacks. Or it could come in the middle of a particularly lively dinner with old friends. Out of the blue, she&d say, &Stop! I want to remember this moment.&我曾有一个朋友,她有个怪习惯,对此我总觉得很好笑,或许是因为我始终没法料到她的怪癖会在什么时候发作。或许在我们静静地坐在阿迪朗达克山下舒伦湖边的码头边上之时,或许在和老朋友那次尤其热闹的聚餐之时。每每在这样的时刻,她会突然说道:&停一下!我要记住这一刻!&&&I realize now, after her death, what wise advice that is.她去世以后,我才明白到,那是多么明智的建议啊。
T the tidesrecede. Winter goes and summer comes. summerwanesand the cold increases. T the sun sets. T the moon is black. The birds arr...&
T the tides&. Winter goes and summer comes. summer&and the cold increases. T the sun sets. T the moon is black. T the birds depart. F flowers fade. S harvests are reaped. all nature is a circle of moods and I am a part of nature and so, like the tides, my moods will fall.潮起潮落,冬去春来,夏末秋至,日出日落,月圆月缺,雁来雁往,花飞花谢,草长瓜熟,自然界万物都在循环往复的变化中,我也不例外,情绪会时好时坏。
It is one of nature's tricks, little understood, that each day I awaken with moods that have changed from yesterday. Yesterday's joy will become today' yet today's sadness will grow into tomorrow's joy. Inside me is a wheel, constantly turning from sadness to joy, from&&to depression, from happiness to&. Like the flowers, today's full bloom of joy will fade and&&into&, yet I will remember that as today's dead flower carries the seed of tomorrow's bloom so, too, does today's sadness carry the seed of tomorrow's joy.这是大自然的玩笑,很少有人窥破天机。每天我醒来时,不再有旧日的心情。昨日的快乐变成今天的哀愁,今天的悲伤又转为明日的喜悦。我心中像一只轮子不停地转着,由乐而悲,由悲而喜,由喜而忧。这就好比花儿的变化,今天枯败的花儿蕴藏着明天新生的种子,今天的悲伤也预示着明天的快乐。
And how will I master these emotions so that each day will be productive? For unless my mood is right the day will be a failure. Trees and plants depend on the weather to flourish but I make my own weather, yea I transport it with me. If I bring rain and gloom and darkness and pessimism to my customers then they will react with rain and gloom and darkness and pessimism and they will purchase naught. If I bring joy and enthusiasm and brightness and laughter to my customers they will react with joy and enthusiasm and brightness and laughter and my weather will produce a harvest of sales and a granary of gold for me.我怎样才能控制情绪,以使每天卓有成效呢?除非我心平气和,否则迎来的又将是失败的一天。花草树木,随着气候的变化而生长,但是我为自己创造天气。我要学会用自己的心灵弥补气候的不足。如果我为顾客带来风雨、忧郁、黑暗和悲观,那么他们也会报之于风雨、忧郁、黑暗和悲观,而他们什么也不会买。相反的,如果我们为顾客献上欢乐、喜悦、光明和笑声,他们也会报之以欢乐、喜悦、光明和笑声,我就能获得销售上的丰收,赚取成仓的金币。
And how will I master my emotions so that every day is a happy day, and a productive one? I will learn this secret of the ages: Weak is he who permits his thoughts to strong is he who forces his actions to control his thoughts. Each day, when I awaken, I will follow this plan of battle before I am captured by the forces of sadness, self-pity and failure.我怎样才能控制情绪,让每天充满幸福和欢乐?我要学会这个千古秘诀:弱者任思绪控制行为,强者让行控制思绪。每天醒来当我被悲伤、自怜、失败的情绪包围时,我就这样与之对抗。
If I feel depressed I will sing.If I feel sad I will laugh.If I feel ill I will double my labor.If I feel fear I will&&ahead.If I feel inferior I will wear new&.If I feel uncertain I will raise my voice.If I feel poverty I will think of wealth to come.If I feel incompetent I will remember past success.If I feel insignificant I will remember my goals.Today I will be master of my emotions.沮丧时,我引吭高歌。悲伤时,我开怀大笑。病痛时,我加倍工作。恐惧时,我勇往直前。自卑时,我换上新装。不安时,我提高嗓声。穷困潦倒时,我想象未来的富有。力不从心时,我回想过去的成功。自轻自贱时,我想想自己的目标。总之,今天我要学会控制自己的情绪。
Henceforth, I will know that only those with inferior ability can always be at their best, and I am not inferior. There will be days When I must IN THE WORLD constantly struggle against forces which would tear me down. Those such as despair and sadness are simple to recognize but there are others which approach with a smile and the hand of friendship and they can also destroy me. Against them, too, I must never&control.
从今往后,我明白了,只有低能者才会江郎才尽,我并非低能者,我必须不断对抗那限些企图摧垮我的力量。失望与悲伤一眼就会被识破,而其它许多敌人是不易觉察的。它们往往面带微笑,却随时可能将我们摧垮。对它们,我们永远不能放松警惕。
If I become overconfident I will recall my failures.If I&&I will think of past hungers.If I feel complacency I will remember my competition.If I enjoy moments of greatness I will remember moments of shame.If I feel all-powerful I will try to stop the wind.If I attain great wealth I will remember one&&mouth.If l become overly proud I will remember a moment of weakness.If I feel my skill is unmatched I will look at the stars.自高自大时,我要追寻失败的记忆。纵情得意时,我要记得挨饿的日子。洋洋得意时,我要想想竞争的对手。沾沾自喜时,不要忘了那忍辱的时刻。自以为是时,看看自己能否让步驻步。腰缠万贯时,想想那些食不果腹的人。骄傲自满时,要想到自己怯懦的时候。不可一世时,让我抬头,仰望群星。
And with this new knowledge I will also understand and recognize the moods of him on whom I call. I will make allowances for his anger and irritation of today for he knows not the secret of controlling his mind. I can withstand his arrows and insults for now I know that tomorrow he will change and be a joy to approach.有了这项新本领,我也更能体察别人的情绪变化。我宽容怒气冲冲的人,因为他尚未懂得控制自己的情绪,就可以忍受他的指责与辱骂,因为我知道明天他会改变,重新变得随和。
No longer will I judge
no longer will I fail to call again tomorrow on he who meets me with hate today. This day he will not buy gold chariots for a penny, yet tomorrow he would exchange his home for a tree. My knowledge of this secret will be my key to great wealth.我不再只凭一面之交来判断一个人,也不再一时的怨恨与人绝交,今天不肯花一分钱买金蓬马车的人,明天也许会用全部家当换树苗。知道了这个秘密,我可以获得极大的财富。
Today l will be master of my emotions.今天我学会控制情绪。
Henceforth I will recognize and identify the mystery of moods in all mankind, and in me. From this moment I am prepared to control whatever personality awakes in me each day. I will master my moods through positive action and when I master my moods I will control my destiny.我从此领悟人类情绪的变化的奥秘。对于自己千变万化的个性,我不再听之任之,我知道,只有积极主动地控制情绪,才能掌握自己的命运。
Today I control my destiny, and my destiny is to become the greatest salesman in the world!我控制自己的命运就是成为世界上最伟大的推销员!
I will become master of myself.I will become great.我成为自己的主人。我由此而变得伟大。
What I Have Lived For我的人生追求Three passions, simple butoverwhelminglystrong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, andunbearablepity for the sufferin...&
What I Have Lived For我的人生追求&&Three passions, simple but&&strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and&&pity for the suffering of mankind. These passions, in a&&course, over a deep ocean of&, reaching to the very&&of despair.有三种简单然而无比强烈的激情左右了我的一生:对爱的渴望,对知识的探索和对人类苦难的难以忍受的怜悯。这些激情像飓风,反复地吹拂过深重的苦海,濒于绝境。&&I have sought love, first, because it brings&, ecstasy so great that I would often have sacrificed all the rest of life for a few hours of this joy. I have sought it, next, because it relieves loneliness-that terrible loneliness in which one shivering consciousness looks over the rim of the world into the cold&&lifeless abyss. I have sought it, finally, because in the union of love I have seen, in a mystic&, the&&vision of the heaven that&&and poets have imagined. This is what I sought, and though it might seem too good for human life, this is what-at last-I have found.我寻找爱,首先是因为它使人心醉神迷&&这种陶醉是如此的美妙,使我愿意牺牲所有的余生去换取几个小时这样的欣喜。我寻找爱,还因为它解除孤独&&在可怕的孤独中,一颗颤抖的灵魂从世界的边缘看到冰冷、无底、死寂的深渊。最后,我寻找爱,还因为在爱的交融中,神秘而又具体而微地,我看到了圣贤和诗人们想象出的天堂的前景。这就是我所寻找的,而且,虽然对人生来说似乎过于美妙,这也是我终于找到了的。&&With equal passion I have sought knowledge. I have wished to understand the hearts of men. I have wished to know why the stars shine. And I have tried to&&the&power by which number holds sway above the flux. A little of this, but not much, I have achieved.以同样的激情我探索知识。我希望能够理解人类的心灵。我希望能够知道群星为何闪烁。我试图领悟毕达哥拉斯所景仰的数字力量,它支配着此消彼涨。仅在不大的一定程度上,我达到了此目的。&&Love and knowledge, so far as they were possible, led upward toward the heavens. But always pity brought me back to earth. Echoes of cries of pain reverberate in my heart. Children in famine, victims tortured by&, helpless old people a hated burden to their pain make a&&of what human life should be. I long to&&the evil, but I can't, and I too suffer.爱和知识,只要有可能,通向着天堂。但是怜悯总把我带回尘世。痛苦呼喊的回声回荡在我的内心。忍饥挨饿的孩子,惨遭压迫者摧残的受害者,被儿女们视为可憎的负担的无助的老人,连同这整个充满了孤独、贫穷和痛苦的世界,使人类所应有的生活成为了笑柄。我渴望能够减少邪恶,但是我无能为力,而且我自己也在忍受折磨。&&This has been my life. I have found it worth living, and would gladly live it again if the chance were offered me.这就是我的一生。我发现它值得一过。如果再给我一次机会,我会很高兴地再活它一次。
Five Balls of Life生命中的五个球In a university commencement address several years ago, Brian Dyson, CEO of Coca Cola Enterprises, spoke of the relation of work to one&s othercommitments:...&
Five Balls of Life生命中的五个球&&In a university commencement address several years ago, Brian Dyson, CEO of Coca Cola Enterprises, spoke of the relation of work to one&s other&:几年前,在一所大学的开幕典礼中,可口可乐的首席执行官布赖恩&戴森讲到工作与其他义务的关系:&&Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. You name them work, family, health, friends and spirit and you&re keeping all of these in the air. You will soon understand that work is a&&ball. If you drop it, it will&&back.想象生命是一场不停丢掷五个球于空中的游戏。这五个球分别为工作、家庭、健康、朋友和心灵,而且你很努力地掷着这五个球,不让它们落地。很快地你会了解工作是一个橡皮球。如果你不幸失手落下它,它还是会弹回来。&&But the other four balls family, health, friends and spirit are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for balance in your life. How?但是家庭、健康、朋友和心灵这四个球是用玻璃做成的。一旦你失手落下,它们可能会少了一角,留下无法挽回的记号、刻痕、损坏甚至碎落一地。它们将永远不会跟以前一样。你必须了解这个道理,并且为平衡你的生命而努力。但要怎么才做得到呢?&&Don&t undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.别拿自己和他人比较,这只会降低了你原有的价值。因为我们都是独一无二的,因为我们每一个人都很特别。&&Don&t set your goals by what other people deem important. Only you know what is best for you.别人认为重要的事不一定是你的目标。只有你才知道什么最适合你。&&Don&t take for granted the things closest to your heart. Cling to them as they would be your life, for without them, life is meaningless.不要将贴近你的心的人、事物视为理所当然的存在。你必须将他们视为你的生命一般好好地抓牢他们。没有他们,生命将失去意义。&&Don&t let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future. By living your life one day at a time, you live ALL the days of your life.别让你的生命总在依恋过去种种或是寄望未来中逝去。如果你活在每个当下,你就活出了生命中的每一天。&&Don&t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.当你还能给予的时候别轻言放弃。只要你不放弃,就有无限延伸的可能。&&Don&t be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect. It is this&&thread that binds us to each together.别害怕承认你并非完美。正因如此,我们才得以藉由这脆弱的细丝紧密地串绑在一起。&&Don&t be afraid to encounter risks. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.别害怕遇到危险。正因如此,我们才得以藉由这些机会学习勇敢。&&Don&t shut love out of your life by saying it&s impossible to find. The quickest way to receiv the fastest way to lose love is to and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.别以爱太难找到作为借口而紧闭你的心扉。最迅速找到爱的方法就是给予你的爱;最快速失去爱的方法就是紧紧地守着你的爱不放;维持爱的最好方式就是给爱一双翅膀。&&Don&t run through life so fast that you forget not only where you&ve been, but also where you are going.莫要匆忙地度过你的一生,那匆忙让你忘了曾经到过哪里,也让你忘了你要去哪里。&&Don&t forget, a person&s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.莫忘记,人类情感上最大的需要是感恩。&&Don&t be afraid to learn. Knowledge is weightless, a treasure you can always carry easily.莫害怕学习。知识没有重量,它是可以随意携带的珍宝。&&Don&t use time or words carelessly. Neither can be retrieved.莫漫不经心地蹉跎光阴或口无遮拦。时间与言词两者都是一放便收不回来。&&Life is not a race, but a journey to be&&each step of the way.生命不是一场赛跑, 而是一步一个脚印的旅程。&&Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery and Today is a gift: that&s why we call it &The Present&.过去已成历史,未来充满未知。今天是份礼物:那就是我们称之为&现在&的原因。
The sun is just rising in the morning of another day. What can I wish that this day may bring me? Nothing that shall make the world or others poorer, nothing at the expense of othe...&
The sun is just rising in the morning of another day. What can I wish that this day may bring me? Nothing that shall make the world or others poorer, nothing at the
but just those few things which in their coming do not stop me but touch me rather, as they pass and&&strength.朝阳又在新的一天中冉冉升起。我期许这一天带给我什么呢?我希望带给我的不是令世界或他人更贫穷的东西,不是损害别人的东西,而是那些微小的、能触动我的东西,它们经过时,或者不断聚集力量之时不会妨碍我。&&I wish that this day could bring me a few friends, who understand me, and y I also wish that this day could bring me a work to do which has real value.我希望这一天能够带给我一些惺惺相惜的朋友,希望我们友谊长存;我也希望这一天能够给我带来一份真正有价值的工作。&&I wish that this day could bring me a mind unafraid to travel, even though the&&be not&, and I wish that this day could bring me an understanding heart.我希望这一天能够带给我无畏远行的胸怀,即使旅途没有光亮的照耀;我还希望这一天能够带给我善解人意的心。&&I wish that this day could bring me a sight of the&&hills, and the blue sea stretching to the&, and of something beautiful which the hands of men have made.我希望这一天能够让我看到永恒的山冈,看到辽阔无边的蓝色海洋,看到人类的双手造就的美丽事物。&&I wish that this day could bring me a sense of humor, and the power to laugh, a little leisure with nothing to do.我希望这一天能够带给我幽默感,笑的力量和无事可做的片刻悠闲。&&And I crave for a few moments of quiet, silent&&in the morning of this day.这一天的早上,我渴望片刻安静的沉思静想。}

我要回帖

更多关于 bare behind bars 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信